View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Something to remember.

Lakers were on the second night of a back-to-back, on the road, against a very good and rested Hornets team.

That does explain a lot about Q4.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:

A good win by the Lakers against a good NO team CP3 the best point guard in the NBA and Kobe shown again that he still the best player in the NBA next up Detroit
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Good win for the Lakers.

Ran out of gas in the 4th.

Phil and the boys get it done.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Now... let's hope the Lakers get some rest and put 4 quarters worth of beat-down on the Pistons.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Yep, back to back tough games. I hope people dont expect them to be blowing out the really good teams by 20 points every game. Thats to much to ask.

I will take this win any day of the week.
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I missed the game b/c I had class tonite. Thank God for DVR!!! But its interesting to see that everyone says the Lakers ran out of gas in the 4th b/c the Hornets were outscored by 12 in the 4th. It appears to me that the Lakers took off on defense in the 3rd as the NO scored 22 to the Lakers' 20.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
Yep, back to back tough games. I hope people dont expect them to be blowing out the really good teams by 20 points every game. Thats to much to ask.

+1
KobePauDynasty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

+1

It's not too much to ask to not let teams have 24-8 runs on you in the 4th quarter because your defense completely breaks down.
Buddha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject:

KobePauDynatsy wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

+1

It's not too much to ask to not let teams have 24-8 runs on you in the 4th quarter because your defense completely breaks down.

It is when the head coach refuses to play the anchor of your defense.
KoPauChicken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject:

just waiting for the barry then i can do hw!!

doc rivers?
TrueWarrior
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject:

can anyone post the vid of bynum pushing Posey? I don't have league pass so I'm not sure if its worth the effort or not, but I'd still love to check it out.
KobePauDynasty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Buddha wrote:
KobePauDynatsy wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

+1

It is when the head coach refuses to play the anchor of your defense.

Not really an excuse. That was the team that you finished last year with and made the Finals. I don't care if Bynum wasn't in. Blame Phil for that. But the defense should not be that bad.
lakeshow21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject:

great win. a breakdown at the end. id like to some better execution of the offense at the end but overall good win. bring on the pistons!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I still have to wonder how anyone thinks that the Laker Defense collapsed in the end of the game. New Orleans is playing at home and they are surging with momentum. Most weaker teams would have lost this game tonight.

Lakers did a good job of securing the win. Lets not blame the defense but tip the hat to N.O. for playing at a high level. This kind of loss for N.O. is tougher than a blowout anyway. They worked so hard to win and Kobe takes it away at the end.

Its like last year in regular season when we almost lost a big lead to N.O. and they ended up playing thier starters all game long and lost. Then went on to lose the back to back game which allowed the Lakers to take the #1 seed.

The Lakers are a very tough team to beat. And it will take this kind of effort by another team to come close. I can live with that just fine.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Buddha wrote:
usa wrote:
I think this is a perfect example of a team running out of gas toward the end of the game. But held on the lead and got the W that is all that matters.

It's a perfect example of a coach who's lost his mind and pissed away a good thing.

or maybe, just maybe, phil saw bynum limping a little out there and decided to rest him when the lakers had a big cushion, since, ya know, it was only the 7th game of the regular season and even if by some tragic accident we lost the game it wouldn't be that big a deal. just saying.
AIRiza Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:

TrueWarrior wrote:
can anyone post the vid of bynum pushing Posey? I don't have league pass so I'm not sure if its worth the effort or not, but I'd still love to check it out.

It was absolutely hilarious. Posey wins the Oscar for tonight
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Buddha wrote:
usa wrote:
I think this is a perfect example of a team running out of gas toward the end of the game. But held on the lead and got the W that is all that matters.

It's a perfect example of a coach who's lost his mind and pissed away a good thing.

or maybe, just maybe, phil saw bynum limping a little out there and decided to rest him when the lakers had a big cushion, since, ya know, it was only the 7th game of the regular season and even if by some tragic accident we lost the game it wouldn't be that big a deal. just saying.

Phil hates Bynum, scientific fact.

!...
SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject:

When I saw the halftime score at 51-30, my main worry was collasping in the second half. I thought the Lakers came out strong with emotion riding high from last night's win in Dallas and they just matched NO in the 3rd before their legs started to give in a bit in the 4th.

Came out with the W on a back to back on the road to the team everyone thinks will either be 1st or 2nd seed in the west. If the Lakers had the same rest NO got and had that halftime lead, I'm more then confident they would of maintained that lead, if not extended it.
lakeshow21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject:

SladeRider wrote:
When I saw the halftime score at 51-30, my main worry was collasping in the second half. I thought the Lakers came out strong with emotion riding high from last night's win in Dallas and they just matched NO in the 3rd before their legs started to give in a bit in the 4th.

Came out with the W on a back to back on the road to the team everyone thinks will either be 1st or 2nd seed in the west. If the Lakers had the same rest NO got and had that halftime lead, I'm more then confident they would of maintained that lead, if not extended it.

i thought exactly the same thing. it always happens for some reason. but the way i look at it is we built that lead to put us in position to win despite a run by NOH. but in my opinion we need to execute our offense a little better in the 4th. you notice how we killed houston when we were executing our offense in the 4th and blew 'em out even though that was at home.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow21 wrote:
SladeRider wrote:

i thought exactly the same thing. it always happens for some reason. but the way i look at it is we built that lead to put us in position to win despite a run by NOH. but in my opinion we need to execute our offense a little better in the 4th. you notice how we killed houston when we were executing our offense in the 4th and blew 'em out even though that was at home.

Also had a 3 day rest, the Lakers in this game had a back to back and NO had a 3 day rest.

Houston fans were moaning about this when the Lakers beat them and tonight, the Lakers have proved they can win in the same situation as Houston.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Good game, good win. I think we won't have any problems with Detroit on Friday.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject:

SladeRider wrote:
lakeshow21 wrote:
SladeRider wrote:

Also had a 3 day rest, the Lakers in this game had a back to back and NO had a 3 day rest.

Houston fans were moaning about this when the Lakers beat them and tonight, the Lakers have proved they can win in the same situation as Houston.

Good point. The Lakers played their 3rd game in 4 nights, and basically toyed with NO before falling asleep in the 4th. This team is scary good.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject:

All you people hating on Phil and referencing the crappy finals performance last year need to stop. The Lakers played like s in the 2nd half. Oh well. Every team has bad games no matter how good they are on paper. Nobody is perfect. Just because they played like crap in the 2nd half doesn't mean that there are huge underlying problems that the Lakers need to fix to save their season. For f sake, calm down. The Lakers beat a VERY good team on the ROAD after playing in Dallas and grinding out a tough one the night before. The Lakers are 7-0. We should be happy as f. I know I am. Put the haterade back in the fridge.

{profanity filter bypass edits by alpha}
b-money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject:

b-money smirks at all those lg'ers who picked the hornets to win today-

good win-even though we ran out of gas in the 4th.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Page 58 of 58
Jump to: