The Official Jermaine O'Neal Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: The Official Jermaine O'Neal Thread

Quote:

Coming off of a disappointing 37-win season, things have come full circle for O'Neal, who feels that it may be time for him to move on in the same fashion that Davis did as the Pacers look to rebuild and get young yet again. "Indiana's given me the opportunity to establish myself as a really good player in this league," O'Neal said at the LA Stars charity event in Los Angeles on Sunday. "But if they're into rebuilding and going young, I'm just not in a position physically to go through another five or six years taking a lot of losses."

"If I was going to be traded from Indiana, LA (Lakers) and New Jersey would be my top two teams," he added.

---

Meeting with the Pacers' front office several times this summer, O'Neal said he has tried to understand the direction of the organization and does not feel as though he can be a part of what he has come to learn about the team's plans. "They're trying to rebuild, so maybe its better to get some younger pieces for me so they can grow with the young guys," he said. "I just told them I can't be in a rebuilding mode right now - I just can't go through that because physically it's going to wear on me too much to do that."

Being in Los Angeles for the charity event, O'Neal reiterated that he spends a lot of time in Southern California in the summers. "I love LA," he said. "I normally train here every summer. The last two summers I haven't trained because I got hurt. I had my meniscus surgery and I rehabbed my groin last year in Indiana. My daughter loves it, my wife loves it - this is one of the prime places, where if I was to be traded, I would allow Indiana to trade me to."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_22961.shtml

Perfect music.
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject:

Just another example of no one wanting to play with Kobe
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject:

Amazing that these bafoons in the front office won't Gamble on this guy and turn around and treat Bynum like a sure thing. Another KG never had the heart to speak up like JO & Kobe has.
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject:

you beat me too it. i wish he would demand a trade, make this alot easier.
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject:

TNLakersFan wrote:
you beat me too it. I wish he would demand a trade, make this alot easier.

He already has in the past, but i'll give Pacers FO some credit they managed to tell JO their plans. Meanwhile Lakers lied to their star which lead to a public demand.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject:

I would do Bynum and pieces for JO, if we got a guarantee from Kobe on him not going to opt out.
Other wise I would rather send out LO and pieces and keep Bynum in case everything fails, and we lose Kobe, but would still have Bynum to work around. (via a trade or to build around)

Great find Melo.

---George Carlin
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject:

Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
I would do Bynum and pieces for JO, if we got a guarantee from Kobe on him not going to opt out.
Other wise I would rather send out LO and pieces and keep Bynum in case everything fails, and we lose Kobe, but would still have Bynum to work around. (via a trade or to build around)

Great find Melo.

How the (bleep) can a Lying FO ask someone for their word when they been lying to them?
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Amazing that these bafoons in the front office won't Gamble on this guy and turn around and treat Bynum like a sure thing. Another KG never had the heart to speak up like JO & Kobe has.

Well, KG wanted to play for an organization that actually wants to win.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject:

21_Blessings wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Well, KG wanted to play for an organization that actually wants to win.

point taken
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:

He already has in the past, but i'll give Pacers FO some credit they managed to tell JO their plans. Meanwhile Lakers lied to their star which lead to a public demand.

Has he really?? I have heard rumblings in the past, but has he actually DEMANDED a trade!?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject:

TNLakersFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:

Has he really?? I have heard rumblings in the past, but has he actually DEMANDED a trade!?

Yes from what I remember he also took his trade demand back too.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject:

Well, that should put at least a little more pressure on Indy's FO.
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:

Oh. Don't know how I missed that. If he did it once, its likely that he will do it again if he is unhappy.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject:

TNLakersFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:

Oh. Don't know how I missed that. If he did it once, its likely that he will do it again if he is unhappy.

We'll according to Emplay he wasn't shy about saying he wants out the other day at the game.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject:

TN here's a trade demand

"I just told them I can't be in a rebuilding mode right now - I just can't go through that because physically it's going to wear on me too much to do that."
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
TN here's a trade demand
"I just told them I can't be in a rebuilding mode right now - I just can't go through that because physically it's going to wear on me too much to do that."

That's not a trade demand. I don't think Indy considers themselves in rebuilding mode. They have a fairly young team and a new coach. What I think JO is saying is that if this season isn't a success, then the Pacers will declare themselves in rebuilding mode and will want to trade JO.
If we don't get it done this year and I'm still there after this season, I'm pretty sure they'll want to move me on also.
Samoji
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject:

Another article from sportsillustrated.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/08/06/oneal.trade/index.html

The last paragraph actually caught my interest...JOneal is probably sending a message to Indiana.....trade me or I opt out....although I doubt he opts out.

God, can Mitch and Indiana just find a way to make this happen.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
TN here's a trade demand

His physical conditions are a good reason to take him only for a reasonable price, maybe the next year when he can opt out...

Our current team, with the younger players improved, plus JO next year and a couple of veterans = title contender.

It's better to be patient.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject:

Dennis_D wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TN here's a trade demand

That's not a trade demand. I don't think Indy considers themselves in rebuilding mode. They have a fairly young team and a new coach. What I think JO is saying is that if this season isn't a success, then the Pacers will declare themselves in rebuilding mode and will want to trade JO.
If we don't get it done this year and I'm still there after this season, I'm pretty sure they'll want to move me on also.

Thats not what he's saying. He's saying he's down for leading youngsters, and they'll be better served getting some young talent for him. Why would he wait one more year when he already knows he can't carry them? Nothing hasn't changed about that team.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jermaine O'Neal Not Interested in Rebuilding - Laker related

melo061 wrote:
Quote:

Coming off of a disappointing 37-win season, things have come full circle for O'Neal, who feels that it may be time for him to move on in the same fashion that Davis did as the Pacers look to rebuild and get young yet again. "Indiana's given me the opportunity to establish myself as a really good player in this league," O'Neal said at the LA Stars charity event in Los Angeles on Sunday. "But if they're into rebuilding and going young, I'm just not in a position physically to go through another five or six years taking a lot of losses."

"If I was going to be traded from Indiana, LA (Lakers) and New Jersey would be my top two teams," he added.

---

Meeting with the Pacers' front office several times this summer, O'Neal said he has tried to understand the direction of the organization and does not feel as though he can be a part of what he has come to learn about the team's plans. "They're trying to rebuild, so maybe its better to get some younger pieces for me so they can grow with the young guys," he said. "I just told them I can't be in a rebuilding mode right now - I just can't go through that because physically it's going to wear on me too much to do that."

Being in Los Angeles for the charity event, O'Neal reiterated that he spends a lot of time in Southern California in the summers. "I love LA," he said. "I normally train here every summer. [b]The last two summers I haven't trained because I got hurt. I had my meniscus surgery and I rehabbed my groin last year in Indiana. My daughter loves it, my wife loves it - this is one of the prime places, where if I was to be traded, I would allow Indiana to trade me to."
[/b]

This is why Bynum is too much to pay for him. I'd love to have him be our PF though, if we can make it happen without Bynum then that'd be good.

Last edited by Rick12322 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TN here's a trade demand

His physical conditions are a good reason to take him only for a reasonable price, maybe the next year when he can opt out...

Our current team, with the younger players improved, plus JO next year and a couple of veterans = title contender.

Being patient for what? Oh I know we'll wait & wait while Kobe gets fed up to the point of no return and maybe even injured. Then thats followed up with JO being traded to Goldenstate or some other team while Bynum loses value and LO continues to be LO
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Jermaine O'Neal Not Interested in Rebuilding - Laker related

Rick12322 wrote:
melo061 wrote:
Quote:

---

Being in Los Angeles for the charity event, O'Neal reiterated that he spends a lot of time in Southern California in the summers. "I love LA," he said. "I normally train here every summer. [b]The last two summers I haven't trained because I got hurt. I had my meniscus surgery and I rehabbed my groin last year in Indiana. My daughter loves it, my wife loves it - this is one of the prime places, where if I was to be traded, I would allow Indiana to trade me to."
[/b]

This is why Bynum is too much to pay for him. I'd love to have him be our PF though, if we can make it happen without Bynum then that'd be good.

WTF has Bynum done in this league? Bynum hasn't done Jack and potential doesn't warrant all of this hype.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Luke wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TN here's a trade demand

Being patient for what? Oh I know we'll wait & wait while Kobe gets fed up to the point of no return and maybe even injured. Then thats followed up with JO being traded to Goldenstate or some other team while Bynum loses value and LO continues to be LO
Do you know that the odds of JO losing value are much higher than Bynum losing value ?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Luke wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TN here's a trade demand

:roll:

Oh so you think anther avg season from Bynum will keep the hype going?
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Jermaine O'Neal Not Interested in Rebuilding - Laker related

Car54 wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
melo061 wrote:
Quote:

---

[/b]

WTF has Bynum done in this league? Bynum hasn't done Jack and potential doesn't warrant all of this hype.

Bynum has done more at 19 than what you want to admit...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 1 of 42
Jump to: