Things that annoy me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject:

i also hate people that tail gate, honk, and cut u off when u are slowing down when there is a red light.
the idiot doesnt understand that if he speeds up theres no differnce. i wanna save gas and the idiot needs to get there faster to wait by a red light. people need some serious help these days.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:

people that don't signal when changing lanes
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject:

SUVs have been around for a while...gas prices didn't start getting TRULY ridiculous until 9/11. Plus, OPEC will raise prices for ANY reason whether it's true or untrue.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
I'll be a little more specific on my last post. The people I hate the most are foriegners (no offense to anyone but there are certain traits in a lot of my foriegn born customers that makes me wish they would burst into flames) and people who come up to my counter talking on their cell phones and expect me to help them.

F*** THESE PEOPLE!!!! If you go up to a cashiers desk, talking on your cell phone and ignore the cashier even when they are talking to you..... I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! No one gives a S*** about your (bleep) conversation!!!! I dont care what you might be doing when you get home! STFU!!!!

Ive gone up to people and done my stupid little thing of: "Hi, how are you today? What can I help you with?" and you know what some of these douche bag piles do? They look at me like "how dare you interupt my oh so god damned important phone call!!!!" and then they have the nerve to put up their finger and signal "Hold on, I need to finish talking about the lolly-pop I have rammed up my ass..."

Sorry, I'm ranting...... I'm increadably pissed off now....

Hahaha... i know how you feel.I work at Starbucks as a supervisor and when people come in I say "Hi, how are you?" and they just quickly reply,

"Tall coffee." Like I'm a robot or something. Oh well you cant win them all.

you know what annoys me? the starbucks lingo. tall, venti, grande. we have a system in place already. it's called small, medium, and large. we dont' need a new system. the old one was fine.

and it's funny because i refuse to use that lingo so i'll always say "medium latte" and most of the time starbucks people actually CORRECT me. they'll go "ah grande latte". like im some moron who screwed up.

knock it off starbucks. oh and stop making us pay for wi-fi. nobody else makes you pay anymore.

A) Nobody forces you to go to Starbucks and buy something, if you don't want to use the 'lingo' then don't. You still get the same drink.

B) Since we work for the company, we're not going to repeat 'medium Latte' just because you said it. We just repeat back the proper way of saying it, whether or not you want to is up to you. Refuse to use it all you want, Starbucks wont mind.

a) i do refuse to do it. and yes i do receive the same drink.

b) when they repeat it back they do NOT repeat it back the proper way. they repeat it back the stupid, unnecessary, smug way. and they clearly do mind because they make a point of correcting me.

Well... you're making the decision to go and purchase a drink from Starbucks right? You, by your own choice, walk into a Starbucks and buy a drink, how much does it hurt to just use their terms? Jamba Juice has their own lingo, nobody seems to complain about that. All I'm trying to say is don't hate on something that you're not forced to deal with. You are creating this dilemma on your own accord and as far as "things that annoy you" go, maybe you shouldn't annoy yourself by going to Starbucks.

first of all going to starbucks is become less and less a choice. there's one on every block. a new starbucks just opened in my living room and i didn't even know it. if i want coffee i don't have very many other options most of the time.

second, why should i have to use their terms? i'm the customer. they're getting my money. they should adapt to me to make me happy. and don't try to use jamba juice as a scapegoat. just because they do it too doesn't make it right.

besides, there's no reason to use those terms to describe the sizes other than to be smug. why develop a new system that nobody knows? it can help nobody and only confuse people who may order the size they don't want by accident.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:
Whenever I go into Starbucks, which isnt often, I usually just order my drink and when they ask me what size I normally shrug and say "the big one". Then they go "Oh, a grande!" to which I respond "..... sure."
good times.

Ummmm..."the big one" is a "venti".
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
I'll be a little more specific on my last post. The people I hate the most are foriegners (no offense to anyone but there are certain traits in a lot of my foriegn born customers that makes me wish they would burst into flames) and people who come up to my counter talking on their cell phones and expect me to help them.

F*** THESE PEOPLE!!!! If you go up to a cashiers desk, talking on your cell phone and ignore the cashier even when they are talking to you..... I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! No one gives a S*** about your (bleep) conversation!!!! I dont care what you might be doing when you get home! STFU!!!!

Ive gone up to people and done my stupid little thing of: "Hi, how are you today? What can I help you with?" and you know what some of these douche bag piles do? They look at me like "how dare you interupt my oh so god damned important phone call!!!!" and then they have the nerve to put up their finger and signal "Hold on, I need to finish talking about the lolly-pop I have rammed up my ass..."

Hahaha... i know how you feel.I work at Starbucks as a supervisor and when people come in I say "Hi, how are you?" and they just quickly reply,

you know what annoys me? the starbucks lingo. tall, venti, grande. we have a system in place already. it's called small, medium, and large. we dont' need a new system. the old one was fine.

and it's funny because i refuse to use that lingo so i'll always say "medium latte" and most of the time starbucks people actually CORRECT me. they'll go "ah grande latte". like im some moron who screwed up.

knock it off starbucks. oh and stop making us pay for wi-fi. nobody else makes you pay anymore.

A) Nobody forces you to go to Starbucks and buy something, if you don't want to use the 'lingo' then don't. You still get the same drink.

B) Since we work for the company, we're not going to repeat 'medium Latte' just because you said it. We just repeat back the proper way of saying it, whether or not you want to is up to you. Refuse to use it all you want, Starbucks wont mind.

b) when they repeat it back they do NOT repeat it back the proper way. they repeat it back the stupid, unnecessary, smug way. and they clearly do mind because they make a point of correcting me.

Well... you're making the decision to go and purchase a drink from Starbucks right? You, by your own choice, walk into a Starbucks and buy a drink, how much does it hurt to just use their terms? Jamba Juice has their own lingo, nobody seems to complain about that. All I'm trying to say is don't hate on something that you're not forced to deal with. You are creating this dilemma on your own accord and as far as "things that annoy you" go, maybe you shouldn't annoy yourself by going to Starbucks.

first of all going to starbucks is become less and less a choice. there's one on every block. a new starbucks just opened in my living room and i didn't even know it. if i want coffee i don't have very many other options most of the time.

second, why should i have to use their terms? i'm the customer. they're getting my money. they should adapt to me to make me happy. and don't try to use jamba juice as a scapegoat. just because they do it too doesn't make it right.

besides, there's no reason to use those terms to describe the sizes other than to be smug. why develop a new system that nobody knows? it can help nobody and only confuse people who may order the size they don't want by accident.

true. why should they give two (bleep) if they're getting my money. Anyways, the only words I ever use when i order is "tall coffee". But i don't think people HAVE to use their terms. I tell everyone that starbucks is everywhere and there is hardly a choice. I like coffee bean too, but there aren't enough out there to challenge starbucks.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject:

It's purely a marketing ploy - which by definition makes it annoying. And I'm a marketer.

Just because something bothers you doesn't mean you shouldn't go there or purchase services if the service outweighs the annoyance (or you don't have other choices). That doesn't mean you don't have a right to be annoyed by that aspect of things. Lots of things annoy me about the US and I have a right to be annoyed by them, doesn't mean I don't like it or should move to another country. Lots of features of my phone annoy me, but I'd still choose it over other models. There's a few things about my fiance bug me too, but I'm sticking with her.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

IIRC - Howard Shultz, the CEO of Starbucks, did some consulting for Jamba Juice...kind of making them "sister" companies. Which would make sense of their similarities then.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:

people who talk like they're always asking a question i.e. "i was at the mall today? and i like, ran into this super hawt guy?..."

That made me laugh out loud.

Agreed on MySpace.

I'd like to add,

Jared, from Subway.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Credit card offers in the mail...

"You are preapproved..."

"Oh yeah, F---ER? Why did I rejected when I tried to get that platinum card online? F--- YOU!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Quote:
-People who park their gigantic SUV's in TWO COMPACT spaces.
If you want to be driving this (bleep) behomoth so you feel you have a big penis, then live with the fact you do not drive a COMPACT car and that you will have to park in a space that actually accomodates your POS "car".

Completely true no matter what kind of car it is. I particularly hate this at my apartment complex where people are just lazy parkers and park with maybe one wheel in an adjoining parking spot. This makes it impossible to park next to them and there are a very limited amount of spots to begin with.

I just did this today . I didn't have a choice though because ALL the spots were compact and I was driving a wide mercedes. I didn't want it to get dinged.

And to the guy who mentioned people who don't give you room to get out of the elevator, I annoyed someone today by doing this too. But I did wait to see if someone was coming out, and she took forever. So I started walking in and then she popped out. Then as the door was closing and she was walking away, she says to her friend "I hate when people don't give you room to get out of the elevator". That annoyed me. Thinking back on it I wish I opened up the elevator and told the slow (bleep) that I gave her time to get out but she was too damn slow.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:

"You are preapproved..."

"Oh yeah, F---ER? Why did I rejected when I tried to get that platinum card online? F--- YOU!"

Those just go straight into my shredder.

I would like to add skaters. I wouldn't care if they just stayed the hell out of my way, but I get sick of having to jump over manless skateboards or walk around their bloodied bodies after they fall.

Oh! And people who ride their bikes on the street. WTF is that about?! What happened to using the sidewalks? Get the F off my road! I don't care if you're wearing a green neon shirt with a 1 inch flashing strobe. If you're in my lane you deserve to get hit!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Frost on the windshield.... It didn't rain, it didn't snow, so why the hell is there a 1/4" of ice on my windshield!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:

I absolutely HATE those friggin' "Heelys" shoes that kids wear. They're always rolling around the mall and cutting people off. You sometimes have to jump out of their way.

Just once...I'd love to just stick my foot out and send 'em flying!!!

Oh..and not only people who answer their cell phone during a movie, but sit there and text message the whole way through. That phone is like a freakin' flashlight...then they sit there a giggle while they send messages back and forth!!

Last edited by hig on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject:

starbucks sell what they want to sell, and they will call it whatever they want to call it...but I doubt their lingo has any effect in the quality their products.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject:

hig wrote:
I absolutely HATE those friggin' "Heelys" shoes that kids wear. They're always rolling around the mll and cutting people off. You sometimes have to jump out of their way.

I have horrible thoughts when I see kids (including my gf's daughter) with those... "i hope you fall..."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:

"You are preapproved..."

I would like to add skaters. I wouldn't care if they just stayed the hell out of my way, but I get sick of having to jump over manless skateboards or walk around their bloodied bodies after they fall.

Oh! And people who ride their bikes on the street. WTF is that about?! What happened to using the sidewalks? Get the F off my road! I don't care if you're wearing a green neon shirt with a 1 inch flashing strobe. If you're in my lane you deserve to get hit!

Oh My God yes!!!!! I f-ing hate bikers!!!!!! I'll be driving down the street on a saturday and there is an f-ing pack of 20 of them!!!!!! and they arent even in a line or anything they are packed together taking up space in the far right lane..... WHICH IS FOR CARS (bleep) IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was going to die tomarrow I'd seriously just run my car in to the whole f-ing group and be like HA!!!! YOU STUPID MOTHER F-ERS!!!!!! STAY IN THE (bleep) BIKE LANE!!!
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject:

oh, and anyone who considers themselves "emo" or "scene".... go f***ing kill yourself already. I f***ing hate you. I dont even f-ing know wtf "scene" is but I want you to die.

-If you are a guy, and are wearing girls pants... I should be allowed to punch you in the throat.

-If I cant see your face because you hair is covering it.... I should be allowed to punch you in the throat.

-If your talking about how life is horrible and that everything is depressing and you think about suicide all the time.... I should be allowed to kill you with whatever blunt object is nearest to me.

I F***ing Hate You Emo Kids!!!!
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
hig wrote:
I absolutely HATE those friggin' "Heelys" shoes that kids wear. They're always rolling around the mll and cutting people off. You sometimes have to jump out of their way.

I have horrible thoughts when I see kids (including my gf's daughter) with those... "i hope you fall..."

So am I the only one who actually likes those shoes and wish I had had them when I was that age?

If those kids are rolling around and get in your way, why jump? Just push them over if they come into your space. Shove them. That's what elbows are for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
So am I the only one who actually likes those shoes and wish I had had them when I was that age?

You are not alone....I wish it was socially exceptable for adults to wear them. Would love to skate through the cube farm in the office!!!

My kids have them...
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
encina1 wrote:

You are not alone....I wish it was socially exceptable for adults to wear them. Would love to skate through the cube farm in the office!!!

My kids have them...

I'd want a pair right now with some rockets on the back - straight Wile E. Coyote style.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
TACH wrote:
encina1 wrote:

My kids have them...

I'd want a pair right now with some rockets on the back - straight Wile E. Coyote style.

"Superrrrr genius!"
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe no one has brought this up yet

frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:

"You are preapproved..."

Oh! And people who ride their bikes on the street
. WTF is that about?! What happened to using the sidewalks? Get the F off my road! I don't care if you're wearing a green neon shirt with a 1 inch flashing strobe. If you're in my lane you deserve to get hit!

i see what your saying but TECHNICALLY bikes are permitted on the streets only if I'm correct. It's just that that rule is not really enforced for some reason since a lot of people still ride on the sidewalk. A lot of the times they have designated bike lanes on the streets.

My turn again: Boys with long shaggy hair that cover one eye. Either grow it all out like in the 90's or get a (bleep) hair cut!!!

-Parents who give their kids last names as their first names

ie "come here riley" "come here madison" "come here jackson" "come here connor"

And I HATE the name madison (i know i offended some of you daddies who decided to name their daughters MADISON). And speaking of names, what's with all these goofy boys names? Whatever happened to names like Johnny, Nick, Bob, Tommy, David, Danny, George, etc etc. Now all you see is names like....SKYLAR, HARLEY, JOSIAH, CADEN, BRENNAN, BRANT, CODY,
surfbu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Great topic.

-Just to add to the starbucks stuff: Why do they have a Starbucks "Proshop" in every store now? I get midly annoyed that the store has become about much more than just coffee. "Yeah, I'd like a venti Cappucino and that $400, 200lb barista, that Trivia Game and a Cheryl Crow CD please...and hurry it up, Im on my way to work."

-I cant stand 50 yr old aging "hipster-guy." Dude, cut the pony tail, leave the "true religion" jeans at home for your son and burn the "Chrome Hearts" skin tight t-shirt. You're 50, and now you look even worse in that you look 50 trying to look 25. not a good look.

-I hate that when flight attendants refer to the airplane as "equipment."

-I also hate that we've gotten to a place in modern air travel that you cant even criticize or complain about bad service...the flight attendants will get in your face. they've become awefully surly.

-I cant stand "Softball guy" who has a Sunday game at noon and at 8pm, he is out in the bar STILL WEARING his Rydell softball/coaching shorts, his stirrup socks and his jersey with the number "69" on the back.

-I hate "Storm watch" on all the local LA newcasts whenever there is a cloud in the sky.

-I hate the word's "Pamphlet" and "refreshments"

-Not the biggest fan of "Guitar center" guy either. (you know who who you are)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17
Jump to: