Things that annoy me
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Things that annoy me

And you guys can add to this, but I really hate two way stop signs. What the hell? Does it cost that much more to put up two extra stop signs? There's an intersection near my house that's just like any other intersection in any other city, except two of the streets are missing stop signs, so if you stop, and then go, you still have to be careful cause some maniac might tbone you going 30 since he wouldn't bother looking while crossing the intersection.

And I hate the 405 in the afternoon. Why are there so many g-ddamn people in this city? It's not like the house prices are going down, yet the traffic keeps going up!?

Eh, anyone else?
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject:

ppl who use "like" excessively.

" i like went to the lakers today. it was like soo cool! like i seen kobe and hes like soo awsome"
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject:

People who cut in line.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject:

*When 2 lanes are merging, and everyone is taking turns letting each other in, but there's that one moron that will glue his front bumper to the car in front of him so he can get one spot ahead of you. I swear to god people like that make me wish I can reach into my glove compartment and pull out a...ah nevermind.

*When traffic is going at a moderate speed, but the guy behind you wants to drive faster. So he swerves around, zooms past you, then realizes he has nowhere to go, and decides to squeeze into the space you safely left between you and the car in front of you. Then realizing he was going too fast, has to brake. Good job (bleep), not only did you speed past me and cut me off, but now you are forcing ME to slam on my brakes because you didn't leave me enough space. And if I should end up back ending this moron, it would be MY fault! F-ing ahole!

*Loud talkers. Especially on their cell phones. Just stfu please. I don't know how many times I stare at these kind of people, and daydream about how FREAKIN' good it would feel to grab their phone and SLAM it in the ground 5, 6, 7, 8 times. Maybe 9 times. Ten when I'm having a bad day.

*Homeless druggies always asking for my "spare change". (bleep) you you (bleep) lazy SOB I worked for my money. I don't care if I sound heartless, because I helped a lot of homeless people in the past. One guy even turned down a meal I got him because he said he couldn't get drunk or high off of it. That was the last straw. Michael Douglas goes on an awesome rant about this in the movie "Falling Down". Rent it if you haven't seen it. I even did research on this topic and gave a speech on it in a speech class. Some of these homeless beggers actually make twice the minimum wage, just by holding their hand out. I guess lazy people in general annoy me.

*People who cut me off while I'm talking because they can't wait 5 seconds for me to finish my sentence. I walked out on a date one time because she did this to me over and over and over. I had enough and left her with the bill. In a group setting I'm more forgiving, but not in a one on one conversation. At least pretend you're listening.

*Sushi.

*Cities that seemingly have no gas station. I had to get off in Irvine one time to get gas. Holy crap, I drove around for half an hour looking for a station. You would think a major city like that, on a major street (Jamboree), would have at least one every mile or so. I hate that city. And it smells like dung.

*When I go to a party and it's a cash bar. F that. I always have open bars at my parties. This is especially annoying at wedding receptions.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

*People who cut me off while I'm talking because they can't wait 5 seconds for me to finish my sentence. I walked out on a date one time because she did this to me over and over and over. I had enough and left her with the bill. In a group setting I'm more forgiving, but not in a one on one conversation. At least pretend you're listening.

Walked out and left her the bill?
Cold....
I know what you mean, though...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject:

liars
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject:

Inconsiderateness, in any manifestation. People who cannot see past their own self and think about others. Whether it is those who drive like jerks, or are at the restaurant, or anywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

*Loud talkers. Especially on their cell phones. Just stfu please. I don't know how many times I stare at these kind of people, and daydream about how FREAKIN' good it would feel to grab their phone and SLAM it in the ground 5, 6, 7, 8 times. Maybe 9 times. Ten when I'm having a bad day.

there was this girl the other day at the grocery store, shopping one aisle behind me. the store must've been dead quiet because I heard her conversation half-way through the store.

*people that use their cell phones in the bathroom or talk on the phone in the bathroom.

*rude, entitled people

*oh, my mother's family

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject:

People in general.

*I work in retail.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Things that annoy me

Ted wrote:
Why are there so many g-ddamn people in this city? It's not like the house prices are going down, yet the traffic keeps going up!?

Cram 20-30 in a house, prices aren't so bad.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

*people that use their cell phones in the bathroom or talk on the phone in the bathroom.

Oh yeah, that one's nasty.

And liars, yeah that's probably the one I hate the most.

And co-workers, definitely co-workers. People who talk (bleep) behind everyone's back then act all sweet in front of their faces. Punks, be a man (or woman) and say what you gotta say to their face.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject:

I'll be a little more specific on my last post. The people I hate the most are foriegners (no offense to anyone but there are certain traits in a lot of my foriegn born customers that makes me wish they would burst into flames) and people who come up to my counter talking on their cell phones and expect me to help them.

F*** THESE PEOPLE!!!! If you go up to a cashiers desk, talking on your cell phone and ignore the cashier even when they are talking to you..... I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! No one gives a S*** about your (bleep) conversation!!!! I dont care what you might be doing when you get home! STFU!!!!

Ive gone up to people and done my stupid little thing of: "Hi, how are you today? What can I help you with?" and you know what some of these douche bag piles do? They look at me like "how dare you interupt my oh so god damned important phone call!!!!" and then they have the nerve to put up their finger and signal "Hold on, I need to finish talking about the lolly-pop I have rammed up my ass..."

Sorry, I'm ranting...... I'm increadably pissed off now....
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:
I'll be a little more specific on my last post. The people I hate the most are foriegners (no offense to anyone but there are certain traits in a lot of my foriegn born customers that makes me wish they would burst into flames) and people who come up to my counter talking on their cell phones and expect me to help them.

F*** THESE PEOPLE!!!! If you go up to a cashiers desk, talking on your cell phone and ignore the cashier even when they are talking to you..... I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! No one gives a S*** about your (bleep) conversation!!!! I dont care what you might be doing when you get home! STFU!!!!

Ive gone up to people and done my stupid little thing of: "Hi, how are you today? What can I help you with?" and you know what some of these douche bag piles do? They look at me like "how dare you interupt my oh so god damned important phone call!!!!" and then they have the nerve to put up their finger and signal "Hold on, I need to finish talking about the lolly-pop I have rammed up my ass..."

Hahaha... i know how you feel.I work at Starbucks as a supervisor and when people come in I say "Hi, how are you?" and they just quickly reply,

"Tall coffee." Like I'm a robot or something. Oh well you cant win them all.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject:

i hate bastards on the road that go in the right turn lane when theres traffic, and then cut in front of the people on the left lane. i encountered one and when the light turned green i kept the same speed as him the whole time so that he wont cut off anyone. even when he slowed down i slowed down too to teach his ass a listen. poor (bleep).

i also hate people that never use their signal lights. its not that (bleep) hard.

i also hate people that drive SUVs on narrow roads and cant stay in their own lane. put down the (bleep) cell phone and drive like a human!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

Hahaha... i know how you feel.I work at Starbucks as a supervisor and when people come in I say "Hi, how are you?" and they just quickly reply,

"Tall coffee." Like I'm a robot or something. Oh well you cant win them all.

you know what annoys me? the starbucks lingo. tall, venti, grande. we have a system in place already. it's called small, medium, and large. we dont' need a new system. the old one was fine.

and it's funny because i refuse to use that lingo so i'll always say "medium latte" and most of the time starbucks people actually CORRECT me. they'll go "ah grande latte". like im some moron who screwed up.

knock it off starbucks. oh and stop making us pay for wi-fi. nobody else makes you pay anymore.

oh i also hate people who piss all over the seat in a public restroom and also the people who don't flush. what are you an animal? flush with your foot at least. i dont' want to walk into a stall and look at your deuce that's been sitting there for a few hours. act like a human being.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Haha, I steadfastly use small, medium, and large. Refuse to change the system to fit them.

Oregon and New Jersey annoy me.

The reason is that they are the only two states in the country where you cannot legally pump your own gas. You need a gas station attendant to do it for you. The hell? People in every other state can do it themselves, but it's dangerous to allow them to do it in Oregon or New Jersey? Pleae. How dare they create artificial jobs to the detriment of the macro economic situation of that state. Not only that, but as a dude, I don't like to have other people give me directions, I don't like to have other people tell me how I should be dressing, and I certainly don't like to have other people pump my gas.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
^^^ Haha, I steadfastly use small, medium, and large. Refuse to change the system to fit them.

The reason is that they are the only two states in the country where you cannot legally pump your own gas. You need a gas station attendant to do it for you. The hell? People in every other state can do it themselves, but it's dangerous to allow them to do it in Oregon or New Jersey? Pleae. How dare they create artificial jobs to the detriment of the macro economic situation of that state. Not only that, but as a dude, I don't like to have other people give me directions, I don't like to have other people tell me how I should be dressing, and I certainly don't like to have other people pump my gas.

Are you serious about that!? That's ridiculous! I also hate the endless toll roads in New Jersey, about every mile or so on the highway.

Seems like most most people have beef against bad drivers or people on cell phones (funny, that's what LA is most known for). Well now they have that new law in place here where you can't drive while talking on a cell phone. It just recently went into affect I believe.

One more...I can't STAND steve harvey in the morning. UGH all he does is yell constantly, it's sooo annoying. Someone needs to serve him up a tall glass of shut the (bleep) up juice. It's so bad I cringe when I'm flipping through 93.5 for even a few seconds. I hate that guy. Seriously why you gotta yell so loud in the morning? It's (bleep) 7am!
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject:

adding a few things to my list:

* people that don't wash their hands after using the bathroom
* Elizabeth on General Hospital
* the absence of 7-11s in Ann Arbor
* people who won't take responsibility for their mistakes

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:

Shhhh... don't (bleep) up a good thing.... and it's still cheaper then most parts of the country (paid $2.70 a gallon this weekend)

And Ted,.. stop exaggerating it's not that bad. And as for cell phone use... several states, including California has dumb laws on the books about cell phones and driving...

Quote:
California Becomes the Fourth State to Ban Cell Phones While Driving
July 03,2007 12:00 AM EST

With exceptions to headsets and other hands free devices, driving while using a cell phone is becoming illegal in more and more states. Many companies are beginning to sell devices that will allow people to still use cell phones while driving.

Grass Valley, CA (FV Newswire) - On July 1, 2008, California will become the fourth state that will implement a ban on the use of cell phones while driving.
The California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, signed into law a legislation that passed in the California Assembly last month. The measure goes into effect in July 2008, and imposes a minimum fine of $20 for anyone caught driving and using a cell phone unless the driver uses a headset, ear bud or other technology that frees both hands.

New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Washington, D.C., have similar laws, but California is a large state to sign off on such legislation. More than 35 other states are considering a similar bill.

Palm, California's largest producer of cell phone and accessories, is one of the largest supporters of this bill. The company said the bill responsibly addresses evidence that handheld cell phone use increases the risk of an accident.

"With the technology available today, there is no reason for a driver to be holding a cell phone while behind a wheel. Headset technology, both wired and wireless, is readily available, and call quality using hands-free headset is generally excellent," said Mary Doyle, Senior Vice President and General Counsel at Palm.

Ms. Doyle added, "Palm gives drivers numerous options for helping keep their eyes on the road and two hands on the wheel, focusing first and foremost on driving."

Cellphone Battery Warehouse has more than 47 different styles and brands of headsets to offer to motorists. The Palm Bluetooth Wireless Headset is one of the most popular headsets for motorists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject:

- People that decide to make a freakin' left turn AFTER the light turns green! Oh gee, thanks for the LAST SECOND WARNING!

- People that shine their highbeams on you in the fastlane...and you're going 80! WTF? LOL! I'm sorry that I can't hit LIGHT SPEED! Go around, you schmuck!

- People that honk just because they're pissed. Get a life. It ain't that deep. Let it go. Use the horn to warn of an impending accident, ya clown!

- When people put clothes in the washing machine...BUT DON'T TURN IT ON! What are you waiting for, a weather report?!?!?!?! WASH YOUR DAMN CLOTHES! Stop holding the washer hostage!

- People who press the "Up/Down" button for the elevator AFTER it's been pushed. What, is it gonna come faster just because YOU gave it the Midas touch?

- People who stand in a walkway or doorway and expect YOU to say "excuse me"...yeah right, I bump into them purposely and PRAY they wanna start some crap!

- People who bring their baby to the movies and their damn hellion child starts crying. STAY HOME! It wasn't OUR fault you got knocked up and now you gotta change ya life up!

- And probably my biggest annoyance - Food handlers at restaurants, especially fast food spots, that don't use gloves when preparing your food - YUCK! There needs to be a NATIONAL LAW that requires ALL food handlers in EVERY single restaurant to wear gloves.

...I have some more...I just can't remember them all
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject:

People who take up the entire sidewalk annoy me too. Share the damn thing. Now that I am walking with a cane for a while, I get a little bit more offensive with my walking and lean over a little or stick my cane out a bit in order to get some space on the sidewalk.

And Ann Arbor does not have 7-11s, but you can find a CVS on every single freakin' corner around here
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject:

-People that drive on the right shoulder on the freeway instead of waitin in traffic like everyone else.

- People that are waiting to get on the elevator that stand right outside the door, leaving no room for the people exiting to get off!!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject:

People who don't give a 'courtesy wave' when it it appropriate for them to do so...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
People who don't give a 'courtesy wave' when it it appropriate for them to do so...

oooh yeah i hate not getting that wave.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Oh...when you hold the door open for someone and they just walk right in without even a nod in your direction and/or don't even lift a hand to take the door from you. Just cuz I'm holding the door open for you doesn't necessarily mean I want to keep holding it for you until you're half way down the hall! Take the door so I can keep walking too!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17
Jump to: