***LAKERS -vs- SUNS 11/12 Game Thread***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: ***LAKERS -vs- SUNS 11/12 Game Thread***

7:30PM PST
TV: TNT & FSWest

Records coming in: Suns (8-1), Lakers (6-1)

Should be a fun matchup between the top-2 teams (record wise) in the Western Conference. Suns could be a bit tired (2nd night of a back to back), but probably not since they blew out the Hornets and rested all their starters in the 4th. Here's some things I'm looking forward to or hoping to see:

* a Lakers win

* Bynum's return, and hopefully, he's improved guarding 5's with an outside shot (like Frye)

* Kobe & Artest guarding JRich & Hill (JRich has been hot from 3, please don't roam too much KB)

* Lakers posting up - Kobe, Bynum, Artest, Odom, and Luke. Let's slow down the Suns' tempo by taking good shots

* Can Shannon's atheleticism slow down Nash? (we've already seen Fish & Farmar try)

* Odom vs. Amare - can Lamar's speed and length slow down the Nash/Amare pick & roll?

* DJ blocking an Amare posterization attempt

* controlled bench tempo - even though they like to play fast, this would get PHX's offense in rhythm (and i'd think we'd like to limit the # of possessions the Suns get against the bench)

* Suns seemed to send a double early in the possession against the Hornet's bigs, and it was pretty effective for them. Bynum's got to keep the ball high and not get stripped....

Gasol's post play (especially his passing) will be missed tonight, but the Sun's only 7 footer is Robin Lopez (and he hasn't played yet this season). Frye's 6-11, Amare's 6-10. I'd like to see Andrew have a big night down low, especially with the rebounding. I don't think anyone on the Suns will be able contain Kobe in the post (apparently Dudley's a good role-player defender), and if we get quality possessions down low, and get back on D, should be a quality win. Heck, if Kwame & Luke almost got it done down low against the run & gun Suns at their best, then Bynum and Artest surely can
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: ***LAKERS -vs- SUNS 11/12 Game Thread***

Game Time: Thursday, 7.30pm PST
TV: TNT

* Seeing how the suns spanked the hornets tonight, with starters such as Nash, Stoudemire & Richardson logging way less than 26 minutes, this back-2-back for Suns doesn't seem that big a deal.

* Hey Suns, you got Amare listed as a center for the all-star game? Yeah, well, lets see him go head 2 head against AB! Heck, even DJ would overpower Amare.

* Ron-Ron on JRich and Kobe on (gulp) Grant Hill? I'm licking my chops right now!

Only worry? The lakers porus perimiter/3-pt defense.

Go Lakers!
jabberjaw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:

blowout.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers win.
Snake Plissken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers must win, this is the first serious test this year.
09-10 Predictions: LAL 67-15, 16-5, Title #16
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject:

We actually have the versatility to guard this team unlike the others that the Suns has played against thus far. Just guard them like we do the Jazz, stick Bynum on Amare, let LO guard Frye on the perimeter.

I'll stick Ron on Hill, and Kobe will take J-Rich out of the game like he always do, watch him pick up a quick 2 trying to guard Kobe in the Post.

Let Nash get his, if he scores 40, so be it. We cant let him score 20 and he gets 20 assists as well. Run their asses off the three point line, control the boards and Pound them in the paint. Lakers do that we shall have ourselves a victory.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:

after a bumpy start (6-1 lol)...i see the Lakers showing everyone why they are the team to beat this year...they will do what the Celtics couldnt and win at home vs the suns...8-15 points...Kobe monster night along with another 20-10 game from AB
vida24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:

I am looking forward to this game. Lakers need to bring their A game.
mandywwm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject:

come on,go,lakers
Kobetide
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject:

This is going to be an exciting game. Going to have to get good beer for it. I'm actually going to the 2nd matchup in December at Staples. I hope Amare and Grant Hill do well (fantasy) but Lakers win it. Expect it to be a 210+ total point game.
DaggerHearts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject:

114-102 Lakers.
pimp8o5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject:

128-12 Lakers
Sync
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject:

To go against the grain here I'll say we lose by a dozen.
KSeal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject:

Mavs game all over again but even worse. Bynum injures his elbow again, Kobe look every second of 31, Lamar has another 1-6 performance and Ron not only thinks of choking someone but actually does it this time. After the game it comes out Pau is done for the year and possibly next year with his strained hamstring. And it only gets worse the next night in Denver...
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject:

KSeal wrote:
Mavs game all over again but even worse. Bynum injures his elbow again, Kobe look every second of 31, Lamar has another 1-6 performance and Ron not only thinks of choking someone but actually does it this time. After the game it comes out Pau is done for the year and possibly next year with his strained hamstring. And it only gets worse the next night in Denver...

Anti-jinx?
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject:

Kobetide wrote:
This is going to be an exciting game. Going to have to get good beer for it. I'm actually going to the 2nd matchup in December at Staples. I hope Amare and Grant Hill do well (fantasy) but Lakers win it. Expect it to be a 210+ total point game.

You should go with Stone. Pale Ale if you're a newcomer, Arrogant Bastard or Ruination if you can handle them

It's a tradition in our house to drink beers from Stone Brewery to help send good mojo to our boys in purple and gold. In fact, it's given rise to the exclamation "Damn, that move was bitter!" when a highlight play happens that shows off a player's "hops".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject:

Go Lakers.
DrewBynum#17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject:

I´m not confident, but I had to believe on this team. We have to slow the game down, and put Bynum on the post against Frye. And no one can defend Kobe on that team, maybe Hill, but he don´t have the quickness o handle it.

LET´S GO LAKERS!
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject:

Let's go Lakersssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject:

With Bynum back we should have enough size to slow down the pace and systematically wear them down. Close in the 1st half, and we pull away mid way through the 3rd and win by 15

Suns 103
Lakers 118

Kobe eclipses 40 again !
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject:

DrewBynum#17 wrote:
I´m not confident, but I had to believe on this team. We have to slow the game down, and put Bynum on the post against Frye. And no one can defend Kobe on that team, maybe Hill, but he don´t have the quickness o handle it.

LET´S GO LAKERS!

Amare will guard Bynum, and a 37-year old Hill isn't defending Kobe. Why not confident? The Suns are overachieving and still can't play defense + they're on the second leg of a back to back (yes, I realize it was a blowout but still).

Go Lakers!
heheh1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
With Bynum back we should have enough size to slow down the pace and systematically wear them down. Close in the 1st half, and we pull away mid way through the 3rd and win by 15

Suns 103
Lakers 118

Kobe eclipses 40 again !

In turn they'll kill us with their pick and roll with Nash and Amare ALL DAY. When you have Fish and Byumn on defense it tends to happen all the time.

Lakers by 6pts.
tavo714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject:

Wish Gasol was able to play to expose the suns inside game and have our twin tower pound them in the post...
Even though he's not gonna play I though this montage I made a couple of years ago was appropriate for this thread:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/usana714/GasolToWar.jpg
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:

I think this game will be similar to the game vs the mavs where they were hitting everything.

Hopefully we can get a win cause playing Denver tomorrow on a back to back could easily be a loss.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject:

post up artest against hill.

milk it to death.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47
Jump to: