What changes or improvements would you like to see on LakersGround?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 5374

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
An enter-at-your-own-risk politics forum. Not something completely devoid of rules, such as no personal attacks and such.

Quite a number of us have been here a while, and you get to know a bunch of people, in an internet sense, and it would be nice to discuss some of those issues, where they wouldn't affect the other forums.

Would they call it the Please Delete This Subforum?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86897
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject:

phayze one wrote:
24 wrote:
An enter-at-your-own-risk politics forum. Not something completely devoid of rules, such as no personal attacks and such.

Quite a number of us have been here a while, and you get to know a bunch of people, in an internet sense, and it would be nice to discuss some of those issues, where they wouldn't affect the other forums.

Would they call it the Please Delete This Subhuman?


Close
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
El Daddy702
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 5648
Location: Costa Mesa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:

the only thing i would suggest is a forum, where ppl are allowed to talk politics.

other than that, the site is fine the way it is.
_________________
KobeDunk wrote:
I say 50/50 chance somehting happens....

Drzucchini wrote:
Either something happens or something doesn't? Damn. Bold claim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 31012

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I need to be given mod powers. Let the Reign of Terror begin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mga911
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 May 2008
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Less Sticky Threads. Anybody else with me or am I alone on this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 11967

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Full healthcare coverage for all members.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 5374

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject:

mga911 wrote:
Less Sticky Threads. Anybody else with me or am I alone on this?

I'm with you. I subconsciously skip past them all the time anyway, even though they take up half the front page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 11967

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:

phayze one wrote:
mga911 wrote:
Less Sticky Threads. Anybody else with me or am I alone on this?

I'm with you. I subconsciously skip past them all the time anyway, even though they take up half the front page.


You should read them. There's some good threads there, like the stuff about the Triangle.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 8853

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject:

These are ideas I have for LG.net which is used in another forums i often visit:

1: To hide spoilers, have a spoiler tag "[spoiler][/spoiler]". On the actual post, it would be displayed as "+ Show Spoiler +" When you click on this(like how when you click on a URL), it will drop down and show what the poster posted, this message is inside is quoted. The "+ Show Spoiler +" would then turn into "- Hide Spoiler -". This means that once you click on that again, the quoted message would disappear.

Taking this idea and expanding on it, this leads on to another much more important idea that would fix a bigger problem in LG.net, the quote triangles:

2: On long quote triangles, where users have a hard time navigating the pages because of these long quotes, only the previous quoted message will be quoted, while all the previous quoted messages will be hidden.

For example:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A
B
C
D


"A" and "B" would be hidden, while only C would be revealed in the quote.
If you want to see the "A" and "B" quotes, you would then click inside the quoted message where it says "Show nested quote +", while if you want to hide the message, "Hide nested quote -"

How this will work is that the forum automatically hides the long quotes for you, all someone needs to do is click on the "Show nested quote +" to see the quotes.


I've no idea how viable these are on these forums though.
_________________
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 46822
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject:

phayze one wrote:
I'm with you. I subconsciously skip past them all the time anyway, even though they take up half the front page.

That's the very reason I didn't notice the thread about Phil's passing for 2 days.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 46822
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
An enter-at-your-own-risk politics forum. Not something completely devoid of rules, such as no personal attacks and such.

Quite a number of us have been here a while, and you get to know a bunch of people, in an internet sense, and it would be nice to discuss some of those issues, where they wouldn't affect the other forums.


Old Lakerstalk had a great no holds barred off-topic/politics forum that worked quite well because of the fact that it was a good group of people with a great deal of respect for each other - even when they disagree. I think the vast majority of people here are up for that.

I know a few threads here have become out of hand here at times. But they were few and far between compared to the healthy debates that were shutdown early for no reason other than they were about "politics".

I can't definitely work with the right leadership by the mods and restraint by the members (both of which are up to the task certainly on the mods part)
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 11967

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:

As long as it doesn't become personal, there's no reason to ban politics. Yes, we might have long threads that will repeat the same arguments forever, but we have those in the Lakers section, but those threads aren't closed.

I know many people here say that LakersTalk was a forum full of commies, but we actually had a number of passionate conservatives, and we had many healthy debates. Lakers_2000, for instance, is someone I disagree with on everything, but it never got personal debate after debate. If it's moderated the right way, politics would be a nice addition to the board, IMO.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 20188

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Full healthcare coverage for all members.



is a public option included in that bill?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 23915

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Embedding images/videos in your post: This is an interesting suggestion, one where I can see both sides of the argument. On the one hand, it's definitely cool to add pics/vids to your post, would really "spice" the site up. On the other, if there are too many pics/vids being posted, the content gets lost in the shuffle, and LG has always prided itself in content. I'd like to hear more opinions on this one (ditto for graphics in sigs).


I understand why some people want this, but I really hope you don't do it. You know that people are going to abuse it, especially in signatures. The content will get lost in the shuffle, plus people will insert pictures/videos of questionable taste.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 15156

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if anyone already suggested CHANGE OF LG.NET LOGO.

Frankly speaking, IMO, the current LG.net logo is just too simple and awkward. The "K" in "Lakers" at a glance looks like an "H." The only thing that it is so "obviously a K" is because we know we are visiting a Lakers site and thus our minds automatically see it's a "K." Besides, I have visited ClubLakers site and really like their logo which was a result of a contest held by the site.

Why not hold a logo contest, put the logos proposed in a poll with the one getting most votes be the new LG.net logo. Since this is basketball site, I think it's just fitting that the new logo should at least include an image of a basket ball in part.

I also would like to see:

+ chatting site on a game day

+ a guessing game prior to a Lakers game. Let's say Lakers vs. Foston Beltics ... the guesses may include:
-- final score and the one with the one with closest score and least margin wins and gets points.
-- the best scorer
-- player with most assist
-- etc, etc,..

Each correct (closest with the actual outcome) guess is rewarded with certain points. So, for each game there is always a winner or winners (if they tie). Further, those points are accumulated till the end of regular season until then there will be a winner (winners if tied). As for incentives, small token prize(s) can be rewarded if there are willing sponsors.
_________________
Kobe's Top 5 Dunks, 81 points, MJ last gm @Staples


Last edited by moonriver24 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 19624
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject:

A live box score in the corner during games.

BREAKING NEWS and links 24 hours a day.

I like video links too but have an option to turn them off at work or with kids around, and treat the posters who go overboard on the naasty or inappropriate stuff the same as anyone who goes overboard with trolling or attacks.

A video/jukebox vault for the really talented posters who pull these songs/mixes/vids together for us.

Dancing Barry Four Horsemen movie reruns, plus previews to this year's thoughts and ratings theme.

A massive server with groundbreaking architecture and thousands of parallel processors to handle all of this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jun 2005
Posts: 1179

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What changes or improvements would you like to see on LakersGround?

Tony Almeida wrote:
Going into the new season, just curious to hear from everyone what features or improvements you think would make LG even better.

For example, maybe an addition like more emoticons, or the ability to embed videos in a post.

(Yes, it's technically in the wrong forum, however, since things are pretty slow right now, I put this in the Lounge so our members can see the topic and share their suggestions. )


Nothing. Thanks for your continued efforts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 15880

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
As long as it doesn't become personal, there's no reason to ban politics.

The reason political discussions are banned is because they never don't become personal.
_________________
Game recognize game, Granddad. - Riley Freeman, The Boondocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 46822
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
Embedding images/videos in your post: This is an interesting suggestion, one where I can see both sides of the argument. On the one hand, it's definitely cool to add pics/vids to your post, would really "spice" the site up. On the other, if there are too many pics/vids being posted, the content gets lost in the shuffle, and LG has always prided itself in content. I'd like to hear more opinions on this one (ditto for graphics in sigs).


I understand why some people want this, but I really hope you don't do it. You know that people are going to abuse it, especially in signatures. The content will get lost in the shuffle, plus people will insert pictures/videos of questionable taste.


Again, I don't see how "content" is limited to written words.

And as for signature banners obscuring content, that's only going to happen to those who are easily distracted by pictures and colors, and such people aren't going to be looking for, nor reading written content.

Even if you don't take it to the point that you allow signature graphics (which honestly aren't anymore disruptive to content than animated avatars), the benefits of photos as content outweigh the downsides. It's not like people aren't posting links to such things - the "content" doesn't suffer".

And as for the idea of people "abusing" it. That's easily dealt with erasing the link and warning the offenders.

It wouldn't be any different than those who abuse their posting abilities when the by-pass swear word filters or otherwise behave inappropriately.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 46822
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Wilt wrote:
As long as it doesn't become personal, there's no reason to ban politics.

The reason political discussions are banned is because they never don't become personal.


Disagree. I have been on several boards where political discussions go very well without getting out of line or personal.

The subject matter isn't the problem. The problem is the participants. When boundaries are clearly delineated and properly enforced, people can easily engage in such discussions.

If participants can't engage in the subject matter appropriately, you eliminate the participants, not the subject matter. That course of action could actually be very good for the site overall when it comes to improving the level of discussion all over the site regardless of the topic.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2006
Posts: 7409
Location: Making the games you play

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject:

mga911 wrote:
Less Sticky Threads. Anybody else with me or am I alone on this?


I agree fully, thee are times when half of the threads on teh front page are stickied.


Also, please DON'T change the layout. It is great the way it is and I stopped going to CL because of how bad their new layout has become.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10861
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject:

free beer after a win!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 597
Location: Somewhere in China

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject:

It would be pretty sweet that Laker games could be broadcasted live on this website (From Justin, Ustream, etc) and we have a chatbox. I would love to chat live on LG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dmills
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Posts: 3711

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I'd be cool if OP's could delete their own posts. Or have an option to exclude troublesome responders from threads. In know it's pipe though.
_________________
A key that has the ability to unlock many locks is a master key. But a lock that can be opened with any key is useless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Paillard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Please get rid of moving GIFs in avatars.
These avatars seem to frequently stall
the displaying of a page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB