Your World Champion Los Angeles Lakers (The Official HOF Celebration Thread!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject:

I've always liked LO.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject:

I jumped on a car, kicked a dog, and set a frog on fire....still celebrating like it was 1980!!!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject:

Lamar Odom is a champion now and nobody can take that away from him.

He showed what he is made of over the last couple of years.

I have always appreciated what he brought to the team and I am gratified that Kobe saw it too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject:

Drop a shout out to our man Phil, guys!!

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=2493784#2493784
plazma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject:

YEAH BABY !!!
c95cruizing
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject:

LOVE IT!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I always loved hearing Chick say, "...on the World Champion Lakers Basketball Network!"

This one's for you, Chicky.
LoneWolf47
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Lakers win ripple effect!

Regardless of how many A Leads each state have…the important things is, ALL STATES HAVE AVAILABLE A LEADS!

So, are YOU going to be Like the Los Angeles Lakers (A Winner) or like the Orlando Magic (A loser)?

You will be a WINNER by submitting a GMR in a county where there’s available A Leads…

or
You will be a LOSER by not scoring enough points, or in other words, doing nothing to GROW your business…

I got this email from the company i work for and i literally fell over laughing!!!! Feels so great to be champions. And on top of that...this company is based in ORLANDO! lol lol
LA1969
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I have been smiling all day here at work. All of my peeps know I'm a Lakerlover and have been shouting out "you won!!!"
My Mom & I had a celebratory drink after it was over last night, while watching all the post game coverage.

Here's to the 2009 Los Angeles Lakers, WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Seven Long Years.

It just feels so good to shut up everyone who would give me the hardest time about the Lakers. Walking down the hallways at school screaming LA, while people just stare at you. A feeling I'll never give up.
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Best feeling in the world !!!!!111
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to hearing our new title from Stu. I still remember in 2001....

"On the world champion Lakers... BasketBall network."

I love Stu.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nokio
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: What was your reaction when the buzzer sounded and how do you feel now?

I still don't think it has hit me yet, like Kobe said, it feels like a dream. When the buzzer sounded I didn't start jumping around and screaming or anything. I just sat there with a blank stare as my eyes started to water. More than being excited about winning, I feel more relieved if anything. I think I need more time to reflect on how much time I really invested into this team, watching every game, here on LG, reading every article, etc. Or maybe the parade will wake me up.

Anybody else feel the same? Please share your reactions!

Last edited by nokio on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Relief...!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I started to realize that the championship was going to be ours with our run in the 2nd quarter and once we went up by double digits. So when the horn sounded, I was just happy and watching the players reactions and waiting to see them raise the trophy.

Now, I just feel so glad they won it. I've had time to think of all the emotions that I've had about this team since October, and how it was all worth it and payed off.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject:

LAKERS BABY!!!

What a journey, this year was a ride for the ages...
PaulTheMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: I've been waiting for this moment for 7 years!

CommonGround24 wrote:
It took 7 long years to get to this point. Starting with kobe's sexual assault case. To the lakers losing in 04. To Shaq being Traded. To Kobe demanding a trade. To the Lakers losing in 08 to the celtics. Even with all that adversity we still managed to win another championship. I was so happy to see Kobe and Fisher celebrating. I got a little emotional when I saw him holding Fishers head to his and saying some words. Its like you can almost feel what he's feeling because you've been with him every step of the way. His ups and downs...we were all there to witness his greatness.

The Lakers have been apart of my life for the past 10 years. Words can't describe how special they are to me. Its something about this team..its something about Kobe that makes me devote so much of my life to. I'm pretty sure most of you can relate, but I can honestly say that the Lakers will always be apart of my life. It only took 7 years of hardship to get back to the top. What a journey it was. Back to back??? What do you guys think?

well said brother. well said.

if I could share.

I lost my father a few months after the Lakers lost in 2003.

I never really had a good realationship with my Dad but we always seemed to bond when it came to talking about the Lakers. It was pretty much the only time we were able to really talk to one another. The Lakers will always have a special place with me so I stuck with them through not making the playoffs, having Phoenix come back from 3-1, Kwame Brown and game 6 with the Celtics.

This years championship was extra special for me, I really felt my Dad was there with me as I was celebrating the Championship.

Watching Kobe and Derek hugging after all the struggles they went through hit right to the core, especially for those who never stopped supporting Kobe through the rape allegations, the trade demands and all the other huge challenges he's had to overcome.

This Championship was very special indeed.

Last edited by PaulTheMan on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject:

I still have the bad taste from the terrible officiating in that Detriot series in my mouth.
Aloha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I still have the bad taste from the terrible officiating in that Detriot series in my mouth.

World Champion Lakers sound so much better than Last years Celts...

What is all this 2Series Losing Streak, DET/CELT...
Damn and all the teams that didnt even make it...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject:

It's great to see them back on top again. At the end of 2002 life was good for Lakers fans. Third straight title, and it didn't seem like they would end any time soon. In 2003 we struggled with Shaq's toe surgery and aging role players, but Kobe took the leap into arguably the games best player and with the Malone and Payton rumors, things looks great for us still. It all went so wrong from there, from Kobe's legal issues, to the break up, to the Smush years. This is a great summer for Laker fans, because we're back on top, and it has the same feeling it did in 2000, where this could just be the start of a long run.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject:

Relieved that they pulled it off... was hoping that the third trip back to the Finals would be the charm and in an improbable year of breaking streaks, this team persevered and won it all.

13th pick (Kobe 1996 draft)
13th year in the league for Kobe
13 pts margin of the final victory

7 Lamar Odom's Number
7 Number of years since the last Championship
7 Game winnings streaks were the longest throughout the season
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: I've been waiting for this moment for 7 years!

CommonGround24 wrote:
It took 7 long years to get to this point. Starting with kobe's sexual assault case. To the lakers losing in 04. To Shaq being Traded. To Kobe demanding a trade. To the Lakers losing in 08 to the celtics. Even with all that adversity we still managed to win another championship. I was so happy to see Kobe and Fisher celebrating. I got a little emotional when I saw him holding Fishers head to his and saying some words. Its like you can almost feel what he's feeling because you've been with him every step of the way. His ups and downs...we were all there to witness his greatness.

The Lakers have been apart of my life for the past 10 years. Words can't describe how special they are to me. Its something about this team..its something about Kobe that makes me devote so much of my life to. I'm pretty sure most of you can relate, but I can honestly say that the Lakers will always be apart of my life. It only took 7 years of hardship to get back to the top. What a journey it was. Back to back??? What do you guys think?

Yep, I know how you feel. A lot of us here are fans from the 80's. So imagine what it was like for us when the Lakers won in 2000. That's 12 years after 1988!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject:

That is what I was thinking, Runway, 7 years is long, but not as long as 12.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject:

Oh, and I was a little off on my prediction when Shaq was traded. I predicted at that time that the Lakers would win a title in 2009-2010, glad to see it didn't take that long.
Bryant-Bynum Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject:

I truly became a fan in 2000, and fell in love with this franchise.

The three-peat was so great, I thought we would win forever.

Then in 2003, when we lost to the Spurs, I cried along with Fisher and Kobe.

2004, with 0.4, I thought the championship was ours. But then it all fell apart.

I kept following througout, thinking we could pull it off with a starting line up of Smushcalade, Kobe, Luke Walton, Devean George, and Kwame. I seriously thought we could win it all in 2006. That's how delusional I was.

2008 was a heartbreaker. nuff said.

And now this. Now everytime I watch the Lakers introduction, it will begin as "and now, your 2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers". I'm just glad little Larry is back home. I'm glad the Chick semi-curse is over as well as the white uni curse. And I'm glad Phil got over the hump that is Red Auerbach. I can sleep a little better at night now, and just be at peace with the basketball gods.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15
Jump to: