Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject:

Amen
yanyon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject:

your presence and graciousness is appreciated even after a difficult loss. i wish you and the nuggets the best this offseason. lakers can only hope to see you guys once again next season.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject:

Yea I saw how Martin would not let go of Sasha's foot... Martin did the same to Gasol in a previous game by locking his arm around Gasol's arm as Gasol was trying to run down the court.

You don't often see so many "bush" tactics by so many players on a team. There is usually just one or two maybe if any... On the Nuggets Smith leads the way of course but there are also Martin and Jones to name others who commit their share of "classless" fouls as well...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject:

the trophy ceremony was very classy..... mitch said a few respectful words regarding the nuggets the lakers clapped, lamar odom talked about the finals... everyone was in a serious mode... no cheering, no hollering, no screaming... just down to business and good sportmanship becuase they know they havent won jack (bleep)..... classy lakers...im glad to be a fan

not much can i say about the celtics of last year.... a bunch of douche bags if you ask me
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject:

^^ Karl says he's proud of his players and the way they played... that's one part of his team that I wouldn't think he should be very proud of however...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
the trophy ceremony was very classy..... mitch said a few respectful words regarding the nuggets the lakers clapped, lamar odom talked about the finals... everyone was in a serious mode... no cheering, no hollering, no screaming... just down to business and good sportmanship becuase they know they havent won jack (bleep)..... classy lakers...im glad to be a fan

not much can i say about the celtics of last year.... a bunch of douche bags if you ask me

Yep the Lakers have always been the "class" of the league... they are the "standard"... other franchises can only wish they could be like the Laker franchise...

XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:

they were major douches, it's fitting that they ended up going fishing and not repeating.
Big Drew 17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject:

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject:

I respect Chauncey and Melo.

However, it's really difficult to respect anyone else on the roster. JR Smith is a clown. Birdman is a D-bag. Dahntay Jones is a thug along with Kenyon Martin and Nene. There's just not much to root for.
Laker Hefe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Major Difference - Lakers and Nuggets

Look at the antics of the Nuggets after a win...look at the antics, or lack thereof, of the Lakers. Soooo many times I wanted Kobe to break out in the JR chicken dance, but I think he learned after his 2 failed Sam Cassell dance this year.
They truly acted like they had been there before and were not done with the job. Nice to see a team win with class.

4 more....
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject:

Martin is a jerk and a thug who has an over-inflated ego of how good he is. First he tries to fight Mark Cuban... Oh wow, big deal, you can beat up a 50 year old fat guy. Next he won't let go of Pau... I was in disbelief. I had never seen anything like it before. They were running up the floor with each other. Then he does it to Sasha. I really have no idea what the point of doing that was.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject:

K-mart is not the brightest bulb in the box.
hoops19
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
richsmith wrote:
Kobe and Shaq used to tell a great story about them calling each other in the middle of the night before Lakers/Kings WCF Game 7.

The "call" was actually the night before Game 6 of that series.

Shaq told the story in the post-G6 interview.

He was asleep and Kobe called him.

yeah and and if i remember right, his daughter was sleeping in his arms; she was slobbering and he was slobbering too and kobester called him and said "let's make history"!

Last edited by hoops19 on Sat May 30, 2009 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject:

JustSomeJoe wrote:
I believe it was on a play under the bucket when Pau hit him "forcefully" trying to strip the ball.

Damn, Pau... the soft one is starting to dish out some punishment.

K-Mart didn't look to healthy after the hard Drew foul either... nor did Melo, for that matter.

The bigs played big!
They weren't hurt physically, at least not significantly. What you were seeing was the dawning on them of the reality that they were about to start summer vacation. Those plays didn't hurt them other than ripping their hearts out!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Man, Kobe and Pau are so in tune with one another!!!! (Texting at 3 AM)

Big Drew 17 wrote:
Kobe and Pau are both so smart as players, and it's so great to watch them out there together, especially in a game like tonight. In Kobe press conference, he talked about how sometimes he will text Pau at 3 in the morning, asking if he's ready to play tomorrow. He said that Pau will instantly text him back. I don't know about you guys, but this makes me so happy to see our two best players this focused, and determined. I don't think I ever remember Shaq and Kobe doing this kind of thing.
Nice good night jesture, 3am isn't that late when the game doesn't start until after 6pm, plenty of time to sleep/rest. they probably don't even get up before noon on game days, when the game is that late.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject:

JR's chicken dance is what woke the Lakers up.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20Dub wrote:
Great Closeout Win In Denver!!!

Lakers played like a team on a mission tonight!!!!

KEEP EM COMING!!!

4 More to Go !!! LETS GET IT LAKERS!!!
This is what I told you guys yesterday before the game.. The Nuggets were already done, the game was a formality. Karl's pregame in the lockerroom sounded like he was just telling them to not embarass themselves. Their body language from the beginning was of someone just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Kobe hit them with so many daggers they probably couldn't wait for the final horn. By the middle of the 3rd, their heads were hanging, feet shuffling, mentaly and physically drained. Orlando may get so scared watching the Lakers' games 5 & 6, they might just let Cleveland back in it.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject:

dadliboi wrote:
K-mart is not the brightest bulb in the box.

I think this might explain most of Kenyon's antics. He's definitely a few nuggets short of a happy meal
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject:

ViolaMB wrote:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/88068525.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19356863F2C054EB26697F5DCE786D09B07B1DC5372FFCBAEC3

Absolutely loved the way the Laker players reacted to getting that trophy, no celebration, no bombast, just quiet, reserved confidence.
vida24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject:

ya i wonder if JR is still doing the funky chicken dance.

Keep it classy lakers.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject:

Same topic already on page 1 - Good riddance, Thuggets. I'll keep my classy Lakers. over ½ HOUR before this one.

TheOnlyMember
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject:

I'm going to echo what you guys have already said, Melo, Billups, and I'm going to add Nene were worthy and classy competitors.

Smith needs to grow up. You don't celebrate after you hit a 2 pointer to go up 33-32 in the first half, you can celebrate when you hit a dagger 3 in the face of a defender to go up 2 with less than a minute to go (and even Kobe's celebration wasn't as overt, just a weird underbite face).

K-Mart is begging to be contacted by the WWE with his arm locks and leg locks.

Dahntay Jones should be known as Dihrtay Jones.
Spirit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

However, it's really difficult to respect anyone else on the roster. JR Smith is a clown. Birdman is a D-bag. Dahntay Jones is a thug along with Kenyon Martin and Nene. There's just not much to root for.

Exactly. Which is why I can't understand why certain posters continue fantasizing about having Birdman and Punka#* Smith in PnG.
LakerFanInWV
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

I respect Billups, Anthony, Carter and NENE. I also respect Karl as a coach, he always gave the Lakers fits when at Seattle.

I was just hoping that Jackson was going to put Mbenga, Morrison or Powell in last night at some point and let them just run over Dahntay Jones. Would have only been justice.
purple8goldvanessa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject:

let the nuggets have their moment and their dirty play. Billups may have brought them out of the (bleep) hole, but i predict they'll be back to 8th seed. Blah blah bye bye Denver.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 138, 139, 140  Next
Page 139 of 140
Jump to: