***LAKERS -at- NUGGETS 5/29 Game 6 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139, 140  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject:

Great Closeout Win In Denver!!!

Lakers played like a team on a mission tonight!!!!

KEEP EM COMING!!!

4 More to Go !!! LETS GET IT LAKERS!!!

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
electricsmurff
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject:

I really dont think they like him that much, especially some decisions he makes. a big NO to jvg, we did see a big HUGE difference though, but it was because of billups not karl. its not our biggest problem though, some things he does makes you wonder. anthony carter inbounding for instance.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
You have a great team to root for and they will have an impact to come.

Thank YOU for your graciousness.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
kobeyashi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject:

fadeaway8 wrote:
Just like getting rid of AI and getting Billups, the nuggets need to get rid of Karl and get a better coach. You won't see the difference until you get a better coach in there that coach the right way. I know the players like Karl but he isn't the right coach for that team. If you switch coaches in this series, the outcome will likely change in Denver's favor. Get Jeff Van Gundy or even Avery Johnson, and you will see an immediate positive difference just like with Billups.

The nuggets really need to get rid of guys like JR Smith and Kmart. Those guys bring down the rest of the team with their idiotic bball IQ. Not to mention their attitudes are horrible. JR is one of the biggest waste of talents in the league. Billups and Melo is a good duo to build around. The birdman is awesome, i would love to have him come off the bench for the lakers. dude doesn't complain, he just comes out and gives his all.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject:

electricsmurff wrote:
I really dont think they like him that much, especially some decisions he makes. a big NO to jvg, we did see a big HUGE difference though, but it was because of billups not karl. its not our biggest problem though, some things he does makes you wonder. anthony carter inbounding for instance.

You guys need a reliable 3rd offensive thread, one that should be in the front court. Nene is stuck as your center (and not the offensive thread you need) until he develops a jumper. It needs to be a guy who won't score 20 PPG a night, but can if called upon. The key to any bigman combo is that at least one of the two needs to have a reliable jumper and at least one of the two needs to be a capable shot blocker/anchor - this year's Nene next to last year's Marcus Camby would have worked.

If I were Denver, I'd look into Shaq, Chris Kaman, Pau Milsap, Carlos Boozer, David West, Yi Jianlin, and Elton Brand using some combinations of Klieza, Martin, Nene, and/or draft picks as bait.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Phreaker47
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: from a HUGE nuggets fan! GREAT SERIES!

electricsmurff wrote:
great first 3 games. fun series. SUCH a heartbreak. waited so long for this and it really hurts coming so close. I just cringe thinking about those 2 inbound passes and what would have happened if we could JUST INBOUND A BALL. Such a competitive series and then game 5, 4th quarter and I dont know if you guys got better or we got worse but since then it was a massacre on us. I really thought tonight after we made it 31-30 on that 7-0 run would have started our runs that we do at home and damn the Lakers just outplayed us these last 5 quarters. I don't think we would have won game 7 but I wanted the chance so bad, but we DID not deserve it. no energy, no care, in that last game.

I hope we get one more piece and see you next year!

and thank you for being gracious on here! on nugget boards alot of laker trolls came on and act like idiots but the people here seem good reading the posts! good luck in the finals!

You guys have a lot to look forward to and are definitely a force in the league, not a fluke. The Texas teams are fading and the blood is getting old over there.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject:

I still think Billups for MVP. It's not all about the numbers.

---George Carlin
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject:

electricsmurff wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
electricsmurff wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
I think the Nuggs have a lot of talent and are just a player away.

Unfortunately that player is a true center, and those are tough to come by...

What they need is a tough PF that can rebound and shoot with a post up game- a 20/10 PF like Randolf of the clips, If Clips get Griffin , Nuggs should try to get Zach.

i dont think a pf is what we need. that would give us 4 pfs, if we keep birdman. nene should be a pf, shouldnt be a center. we need a big man to rebound. we dont need 20 points from our big man imo. we need rebounds and defense. centers are way to hard to come by this day though!

just giving you a friendly hint- no matter how tough he talks , Martin is no Oakley- he's not big enough, tough enough, or mean enough to protect Nene's back and score in the paint with post moves- which is really the problem of the Nuggets

definitely , but kmart should be coming off the bench. nene should be the pf. we played 2 pfs. we dont even have a center. petro is our only true center, sad. martin backing nene would be fine to me.

I don't know why I'm on here posting about how to improve the Nuggets for next year, but maybe Kaman could be a good C for you guys -- a true center that can play both ways. As mentioned, the Clips will have a pretty crowded frontcourt.

A Kaman/Nene/KMart/Birdman rotation could pose problems.. But who do you give up??
Ozirus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject:

BACK TO BACK WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS!

The job is far from finished but I love the statement of finishing this series on the road. Some tougher road games to follow...
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Nene broke his left forearm during the game

DaMuleRules wrote:
coopscohen wrote:
I'm sure no one cares but I thought it was interesting.

Quote:
Game notes
Nene broke his left forearm in the game and will wear a splint for 3-4 weeks.

So who was Nene fouling when he did that?

whoever he fouled, the foul probably didnt exist according to george karl
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: from a HUGE nuggets fan! GREAT SERIES!

"electricsmurff"
Sorry for you pain, we know what it feels like going back to our 2004 loss, the losses against the Suns for two years, last year against Boston. Your team is very athletic and very skilled and young, they learned a lot this year and will be a force next year.

Thanks for posting here.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
I think the Nuggs have a lot of talent and are just a player away.

Unfortunately that player is a true center, and those are tough to come by...

What they need is a tough PF that can rebound and shoot with a post up game- a 20/10 PF like Randolf of the clips, If Clips get Griffin , Nuggs should try to get Zach.

I don't think pairing Zach with KMart is such a good idea......
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject:

Appreciate the love man you guys really woke us up as a team...will bring the title back to the western confrence homie
SnitchDevil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: from a HUGE nuggets fan! GREAT SERIES!

electricsmurff wrote:
great first 3 games. fun series. SUCH a heartbreak. waited so long for this and it really hurts coming so close. I just cringe thinking about those 2 inbound passes and what would have happened if we could JUST INBOUND A BALL. Such a competitive series and then game 5, 4th quarter and I dont know if you guys got better or we got worse but since then it was a massacre on us. I really thought tonight after we made it 31-30 on that 7-0 run would have started our runs that we do at home and damn the Lakers just outplayed us these last 5 quarters. I don't think we would have won game 7 but I wanted the chance so bad, but we DID not deserve it. no energy, no care, in that last game.

I hope we get one more piece and see you next year!

and thank you for being gracious on here! on nugget boards alot of laker trolls came on and act like idiots but the people here seem good reading the posts! good luck in the finals!

You guys have a very good team that will get better next year.

Btw, do you know what happened to Kmart when he grabbed Sasha by the leg? I thought he was having a seizure or some kind of nerve problem.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject:

I think KMart really needs to rein in his emotions, I mean what's the point of grabbing onto Gasol and Vujacic in plain sight of the ref? It doesn't do anything for his team. But Carmelo man, WOW!!!
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject:

I think the mix of personalities and mental fortitude still isn't quite right. Losing Camby hurt a lot I think. If JR ever grows up, look out.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject:

[If I were Denver, I'd look into Shaq, Chris Kaman, Pau Milsap, Carlos Boozer, David West, Yi Jianlin, and Elton Brand using some combinations of Klieza, Martin, Nene, and/or draft picks as bait.[/quote]

Lakersanity has it right [b]Chris Kaman[b] would be a great fit for you. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words. The Nuggets are now an elite team in the West and I wouldn't throw Karl under the bus just yet. He has probably gotten as much as he can out of Martin/Nene/Smith/Carter and some sort of a package deal that could get him Kaman or another servicable center could help you get to the finals while Billups still has his window of elite play.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject:

I know the Nuggets feed off emotions but they really need to start taking a business-like attitude on the court and not rely too much on emotion. JR, KMart and Dahntay really hurt them with a lot of their antics. You all heard it from the Laker players, JR's antics and other things on Game 4 really pissed some of the Lakers off hence the blowout in Game 6. Something that the Nuggets really didn't need to do (they've already won the game)
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject:

richsmith wrote:
Kobe and Shaq used to tell a great story about them calling each other in the middle of the night before Lakers/Kings WCF Game 7.

The "call" was actually the night before Game 6 of that series.

Shaq told the story in the post-G6 interview.

He was asleep and Kobe called him.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject:

thanks man. that iverson trade really worked out. you guys will be even better next year.

cheers,
ETHIO-LAKER
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: See what happens when the officials don't take charge?

I think the last 2 games were very well officiated games. Yes I know G Carl whined about game 5 but the consesus was that it was a fairly officiated game. And last night, the referees didn't over react, didn't try to control, they let the players play and made sure players didn't get away with anything either. Sure they made a couple of mistakes but they were very good.

Actually I was pleasantly surprised how composed Crawford was and how confident the other 2 were. My point is for the most part if they let the players play, the Lakers usually play a great game.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject:

Great series, as others have said, you guys are just a player away. Just need to get rid of K-mart and get a true C. Also a real backup PG or real starting SG wouldn't hurt either. Dahntay is too small. I think you'll be fine, your new GM seems to know what he's doing.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GW_Forum
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: On the Nuggets' Netflix Queue

1. Vacation
2. Purple Rain
3. What to Do in Denver When You're Dead

On the Lakers' queue:

1. The Ring
Hal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Good riddance, Thuggets. I'll keep my classy Lakers.

Last night, Kenyon Martin's hold on Sasha got me pretty mad. His expression as he sat on the floor gloating over his foul was pathetic. Get that crap off my TV. I don't tune in to watch a handful of thugs pretend to play basketball. Whatever you call that... "swagger" ...it obviously does little to help you beat a worthy opponent. Try having some class and treating your presence with respect. You're not a friggin' peacock. And hell, if you're going to lose, do so with an ounce of respectability still clinging to your tattoo-laden butt.

This makes me so much more grateful to be a Lakers fan. This team is professional and all about business. They are dedicated to the game, not their image. If I were a Nuggets fan, I'd be dying on the inside to have to cheer for such a pitiful collection of self-important poseurs. Second best record in the West be damned. Without the acquisition of Chauncey Billups (the only class-act on the team) they would be deep in the gutter.

Now they're gone and I am glad. Bring on Orlando, a very classy and worthy opponent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject:

electricsmurff wrote:
I think Melo got hurt or sick or something happened. Since game 3 he has just been off. I know he was sick the game we won, but I don't know what was up with him.

billups was so erratic the past 5 quarters. i dont know what was with him, but thank god we had him or we would have been the 8th seed and been swept by you in round 1.

I think this team is still learning to play together. Billups is a HUGE upgrade over AI. HUGE!!!

I think the world sees the differences that AI and Billups brought/bring to their respective teams and can see how one dimensional AI is and what a solid PG Billups is.

The way I see it is, Denver, Portland and LA are the three teams tow watch over the next five years.

Everyone is going to have to adjust on a yearly basis, that is how the league goes.

I don't think the Lakers will take Denver for granted anymore.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139, 140  Next
Page 138 of 140
Jump to: