View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Positives: late quarter runs at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd to tie the game; great defense throughout the first; great ball movement throughout the game; Lamar's gut check performance; Kobe's unselfishness; Pau's steadiness; Shannon's D and crowd-igniting dunk

Negatives: poor stretches of man D against Melo; poor decision-making from Fish (although he shot better); still waiting for Drew to dominate the glass

drew will never dominate the glass vs the nuggs for two reasons. they are just to athletic and to quick to beat them to the ball. its not about just boxing out a guy standing next to you. its guys crashing that are not next to you. a true big like drew doesn't react that fast.
#2. the refs call so many touch fouls on him he's afraid to aggressively pursue the basketball.

That's not necessarily true. Last year, Drew dominated Denver on the glass when they had Camby, who is a better rebounder than anyone of the current Denver bigs. Drew is definitely capable of owning Denver or any other team on the glass, but that's when he's completely healthy, confident and in tune with the game. We're starting to see some of the spring come back to his legs, so I'm hoping we see a breakthrough rebounding and defensive performance before these playoffs are over.

I believe rebounding is the most mental thing with him right now. When you think about it both of his injuries came from hitting the boards so I'd get why he might be hesitant. That isn't saying he gets a pass on it though.

Another thing I have noticed though is that he isn't fighting his teammates for boards. Instead often conceding a easy grab to his perimeter teammates. While the old Andrew felt like every rebound should be his and would even rough up a teammate if they tried getting a rebound from him (use to often happen to Ronny ).
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject:

Positive: Lakers won game 5.
Negative: They still need 1 more win to get to the Finals.
Out-rebounded again.
Too many missed open jumpers.
ETHIO-LAKER
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject:

Positive - Odom Odom Odom (finally!!!) , Brown (nerves!!! lots of them!), Fisher (finally hit some shots) , PJ (good game plan) , Kobe (being Kobe), Bynum showed life in the 1st qtr and finally team play especially 4th Q active defense and having as close a killer mentality as you can have in the 4th.

Negative - Sustaining energy for 4 qtrs, not going after every lose ball, too many turnovers in the 4th,
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject:

How the Lakers Won: A numerical explanation of Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals

Behind the Box Score, where the Lakers are friends again
Corto Maltese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

The only negative is that Lakers have maybe too hard a time building a lead. It's a bit too much see saw 1-2 pts up/down stuff. That's toying with fire.
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Even though we "manned up", we STILL LOST THE OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING BATTLE.

Yeah, losing the battle at the boards and second-chance points was killing the Lakers for almost 3 full quarters. That was the major negative for me.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

The game changed hands when the Gasol/Odom/Ariza/Bryant/Brown lineup locked in and played great defense. They just flat out STOPPED Denver, and TOOK the game from them through dominant defense.

For about 7 minutes, Denver had no FG's. That is championship D, and that is what we need more of to get these next 5 W's.

They were locking down. The Pau/Lamar zone help behind our athletic defenders was a winning combo. Helps when you can leave Andersen/Martin to take away the penetration. Be interesting to see how Karl counters that. He went with Kleiza to get a shooter at PF...but the damage was done by then.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Fisher opened the game with a missed three-pointer. Opened the game with it. If someone like Kobe Bryant(notes) or Allen Iverson(notes) (on another team, obviously) had done the same thing, after two days of spot-on press bleating about getting the ball inside to the Laker big men, the fans and national TV broadcasters would have been rightfully apoplectic. And there was Fisher, with a big middle finger for all of us.

(Billups went down the court and nailed a three-pointer in Fisher's face on the following possession, while we're at it. Just about the worst start, for the Lakers, one could imagine.)

And while Derek proceeded to make his next three shots, he shouldn't be getting four shots in a quarter, unless someone is being quadruple-teamed. I understand this offense, so does he, and he knows better. He then took four in the second quarter, missing three, and opened up the second half playing iffy defense, and committing three fouls before giving way to Brown. All told? 12 points on nine shots, two assists and two turnovers, and get ready for the "Derek Fisher got back on board ..." stories.

WORD!! +10000
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Positives and Negatives of Game 5

rak617 wrote:
Positives: Kobe passing, Odom ruling the paint, Bynum staying strong inside the paint, Brown

Negatives: Fisher, Phil's substituions (mainly putting Fisher in final minutes)

No comment: Luke, Refs

Game Changer: Brown's dunk over Chicken. Also, Odom's dunk over Chicken

What do u say guys??

No comment for PAU???? The guy who give us the stretch of 11-0 by running the floor, passing, and huge 5 block shots?????

C'mon due credit to Pau too
KOBEGASOL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Andrew Bynum foul on Dahntay Jones under the basket

That is a clear picture that Bynum is not healthy, Jones goes up for the shot and Bynum just basically hacks him without going for the block. If Bynum is healthy he would of swatted Jones shot attempt in the 10th row
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Or Bynum was just being lazy.
lakeshow21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject:

that or he could have just put his arms up.
Psychobroker41
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:

Or he was sending a message with a hard foul?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject:

He had a few Pau type lazy moments in this game. One was on a rebound where the ball was RIGHT in front of him and he just stood there looking at it as a Nuggets player grabbed it. I mean, we give up a bunch of offensive rebounds, but that really shouldn't have been one.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about the one of the first plays of the game???
The Hard foul???

i personally thought it was a message to Dahntay and the rest of Nuggets...you mess with my teammate, I mess with you!

I vote payback!
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
Are you talking about the one of the first plays of the game???
The Hard foul???

i personally thought it was a message to Dahntay and the rest of Nuggets...you mess with my teammate, I mess with you!

I vote payback!

Yes. I liked the foul by the way.

---George Carlin
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:

pretty much how he plays all the time

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I swear Bynum is like a misconfiguration of his former self. He jumps when midgets are right there waiting to be swatted, he fouls deliberately when he has a clear shot at a swat or contest, he's like a chicken with his head cut off right now and its killing the team. how is he so out of wack with this basketball skills. Did the knee injury also effect his basketball defensive skill? He needs to be in perfect condition to even be a good center and we all know how often basketball players get injuries albeit small.

Bynum needs to be put in a bubble to play in the NBA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132
Page 132 of 132
Jump to: