***LAKERS -vs- NUGGETS 5/27 Game 5 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 130, 131, 132  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swcom120
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject:

I heard them say that Pau got the tech, not SB.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject:

I think it was actually called on Pau ...
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Positives: late quarter runs at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd to tie the game; great defense throughout the first; great ball movement throughout the game; Lamar's gut check performance; Kobe's unselfishness; Pau's steadiness; Shannon's D and crowd-igniting dunk

Negatives: poor stretches of man D against Melo; poor decision-making from Fish (although he shot better); still waiting for Drew to dominate the glass

drew will never dominate the glass vs the nuggs for two reasons. they are just to athletic and to quick to beat them to the ball. its not about just boxing out a guy standing next to you. its guys crashing that are not next to you. a true big like drew doesn't react that fast.
#2. the refs call so many touch fouls on him he's afraid to aggressively pursue the basketball.

That's not necessarily true. Last year, Drew dominated Denver on the glass when they had Camby, who is a better rebounder than anyone of the current Denver bigs. Drew is definitely capable of owning Denver or any other team on the glass, but that's when he's completely healthy, confident and in tune with the game. We're starting to see some of the spring come back to his legs, so I'm hoping we see a breakthrough rebounding and defensive performance before these playoffs are over.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject:

Pau huh?

Any details? Because (to me) it is awkward that it involved one of our guys other than Lamar. With all logic it should have been LO and Birdman. I just want to know how it all went down.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject:

Positives: Sasha and Fisher made a basket

Negatives: Sasha and Fisher made a basket
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: KOBE for C.O.Y. (Coach of the Year)

Just kidding, just kidding. Well, maybe not TOO much.

Kobe has been shown more than a couple of times now, especially in these playoffs, holding a basketball playboard and actually diagramming and calling a few plays for the Lakers to run during timeout huddles. I may be wrong, but I think they may have also shown this side of Kobe in Spike Lee’s documentary “Kobe Doin’ Work”.

Mark Jackson has been praising Kobe for doing this, being a great Player's Coach, at least twice now this post-season. Jeff Van Gundy jokingly even said Phil should just let Kobe do the coaching at times, and then just come in and say, “Yeah. What HE said!”

^ There's probably some YouTube video of that somewhere by now (or even others).

Think Kobe might one day have a future as a head coach? Maybe for the Triangle Offense? Or maybe be a special training coach i.e. Craig Hodges or Kareem Abdul Jabbar?

Kobe loves basketball so much, what do we think his life after he gets his 8th Championship Ring is going to be like?

One thing I know for sure is, if Kobe’s gonna pursue something like this when his playing days are up, is that he’s definitely going to be really passionate (although probably a little too emotional) about his work. And if I was player playing under him, I definitely wouldn’t want to mess up too many plays and piss Coach Mamba off.

P.S.
I wonder if Phil gives Kobe a little reign over subbing players in or out too?

Last edited by Jordan-esque on Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: KOBE for C.O.Y. (Coach of the Year)

Jordan-esque wrote:
Just kidding, just kidding. Well, maybe not TOO much.

Kobe has been shown more than a couple of times now, especially in these playoffs, holding a basketball playboard and actually diagramming and calling a few plays for the Lakers to run during timeout huddles. I may be wrong, but I think they may have also shown this side of Kobe in Spike Lee’s documentary “Kobe Doin’ Work”.

Mark Jackson has been praising Kobe for doing this, being a great Player's Coach, at least twice now this post-season. Jeff Van Gundy jokingly even said Phil should just let Kobe do the coaching at times, and then just come in and say, “Yeah. What HE said!”

^ There's probably some YouTube video of that somewhere by now.

Think Kobe might one day have a future as a head coach? Maybe for the Triangle Offense? Or maybe be a special training coach i.e. Craig Hodges or Kareem Abdul Jabbar?

Kobe loves basketball so much, what do we think his life after he gets his 8th Championship Ring is going to be like?

One thing I know for sure is, if Kobe’s gonna pursue something like this when his playing days are up, is that he’s definitely going to be really passionate (although probably a little too emotional) about his work. And if I was player playing under him, I definitely wouldn’t want to mess up too many plays and piss Coach Mamba off.

P.S.
I wonder if Phil gives Kobe a little reign over subbing players in or out too?

he'll have too many dollars in the bank to put up with the travel...and don't you know Kobe only does this to make ESPN think he's a team guy?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject:

The NBA.com box score says it was Shannon.
http://www.nba.com/games/20090527/DENLAL/boxscore.html
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject:

most of these Techs are a bunch of bull!! The NBA is too much this playoff season!
lakeshow21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject:

seriously i dont think theres been one game where they got techs/flagrants correctly called throughout the whole playoffs
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject:

^ At the same time, if he wanted to pursue a coaching career, I imagined he'd be paying the league thousands of $$$ for all the Technicals he's going to accumulate yelling at the referees on the sidelines.

Kobe might be a little too emtional, he'd probably get tossed out a game at least once a month! Wonder what his press-conferences are going to sound like?

"Execute!"

gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
Positives: Sasha and Fisher made a basket

Negatives: Sasha and Fisher made a basket

^epic fail at trying to be funny.

Any basket we get from Fisher or Sasha at this point is a complete GODSEND.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In the 4th quarter in particular, Kobe was leading a nice floor game. You saw him communicating a lot and telling players where to go and what to do. He showed good leadership.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

Watching the change in Pau's game should have put dampers on his being soft. He's not a heavy weight but his defense has been exemplary. I'll admit to surprise. Though I've never considered him soft his defensive ability is surprising. Tomorrow will show much about this team. I predict a win and don't think it'll be close. As long as the Lakers do a Keyshawn Johnson and GIT PAU THE DAMN BALL.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject:

I thought Fisher played reasonably well. Though I also took note on him passing up an open jumper late in the game. Brown played better, but I thought Fisher played a decent game.
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject:

Hard to see Kobe become a coach after he retires.

great talents usually don't do well as a coach.
Bryant-Bynum Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't it be fitting though for Kobe to become a coach? And a great one at that? After he has been labeled as selfish and unable to lead a team or talk to his teammates on how to make them better? What would anyone say then?

On the other hand, great players don't really make great coaches. But then again, Larry Bird was at least half-way decent. So maybe there is a chance.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I thought Fisher played reasonably well. Though I also took note on him passing up an open jumper late in the game. Brown played better, but I thought Fisher played a decent game.

You can tell that Fish's shooting slump is affecting him mentally. Over the past 2 years, Fish has generally been decisive on the court - right or wrong. There were several instances last night where he looked indecisive in terms of his shot selection and passing...
Discoflux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Kobe sucked in Game 5

Was anyone else screaming at Kobe to pass the ball in the 4th quarter as he single handedly dribbled the ball off someone's foot into a turnover 3 or 4 times in a row?

Thank God the Lakers team stepped up, or, were allowed to step up to ensure the win. Perhaps this team is better without so much Kobe.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject:

n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe sucked in Game 5

Discoflux wrote:
Was anyone else screaming at Kobe to pass the ball in the 4th quarter as he single handedly dribbled the ball off someone's foot into a turnover 3 or 4 times in a row?

Thank God the Lakers team stepped up, or, were allowed to step up to ensure the win. Perhaps this team is better without so much Kobe.

WTF??! I'm very tempted to get banned right now...
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject:

Actually, I have a huge negative still.

Even though we "manned up", we STILL LOST THE OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING BATTLE.

Gotta board even harder because they're getting to the loose balls instead of us.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject:

There's no reason why the Lakers should lose the rebounding battle. They need man up and crash the boards.

Also in Game 4, Fisher played very well I thought. One of his best games this postseason, I know that's not saying much, but it's still something good.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject:

Negative was how we came out playing in the 3rd.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 131 of 132
Jump to: