Mihm or Curry?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mihm or Curry?
Mihm
48%
 48%  [ 71 ]
Curry
51%
 51%  [ 74 ]
Total Votes : 145

uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Mihm or Curry?

Which one would you like to see as our starting center?
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject:

CURRY
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject:

Mihm because up to this point in their careers Mihm has been a better shotblocker and rebounder, and for some reason I don't think scoring will be a problem.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry

Last edited by The Mike on Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject:

Curry starting and Mihm backup
T I
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject:

Curry works better with chicken.
Russter73
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject:

Curry has more Upside and Potential to become an All-star caliber player. Mihm IMO has reached or has nearly reached his potential and can only improve so much more.
If i were to choose a starting center as of right now. I'd have to take Mihm. He showed some great signs towards becoming a productive 10ppg 8rpg 1blk type center (which is Perfect for us), but always seemed to get into foul trouble early in games, taking him out of the Flow and from getting any kind of rhythm. I believe now with Kwame (a true PF) Mihm can be a little more productive and could team up well. Mihm is an aggresive player and a good role player. IMO if tought well (phil jackson's job) he can be alot more productive than we all think. Maybe even pull up his numbers to around lets say...14ppg 11rpg 1.5blks. But in reality, Mihm is probably more of a Backup type center who can give you a solid 20-25 minutes per game off the bench to give a spark and use up all his fouls on husle plays and defending the elite PF or Centers of the opposing team. Mihm can therefore play with all the intensity and heart he wants and Fouls would be worth using.
If i were to choose a starting center for the future, it'd probably be Curry. He does have a health problem which is highly publicized by the media, which will scare the majority of the teams in the Nba.but he is a Solid bigman, and when inspired (much like a Latrell Spreewell) can give you large numbers (all-star type numbers) IMO...Curry can be a Great Force downlow in this league. Can avg. to a potential of 25+ppg 10rpg 1blk. But can also have the total opposite and be a Bust. He is an inconsistant player who needs the occational Pep talk to get him Hyped up for games. But i believe with his contract situation and by the Bulls giving him the Cold COLD should this summer, by putting him on the back burner.He WILL play inspired and show great signs of improvement and become a better player with something to prove.
In all that i've said. Curry is a good pick-up for the Moment who can help us win ball games NOW, but who knows what Andrew Bynum will be in the Future and what he has in store. He may as well be a Superstar himself, but nobody (i mean NOBODY...except for Him) really knows what he is capable of doing. Curry might hinder him from getting playing time or his growth as a player, but we need a proven player NOW and someone who can help us NOW. This 07 plan sounds Great, but we don't know what the FA of that year are thinking or what they'll end up deciding, and we might even end up with NOTHING and just end up giving money to someone or a couple of So-So players that might just get us to the playoffs but not anywhere near contention for a title. We've got to start Building for Now as well. and Curry might be just the answer for that (same goes for Kwame). Mihm is a player i've respected and i player i believe gave his full effort last year (one of not so many players on that laker roster last year) But Curry would definately be a large improvement and could get us past the first round of the playoffs.

Last edited by Russter73 on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
T I
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject:

Paragraph's would have made that easier to read.

Last edited by T I on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Russter73
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject:

Sorry...i thought i broke that up well enough to read. But I'll try a little harder next time. Thanks for your input
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject:

Russter73 wrote:
He showed some great signs towards becoming a productive 10ppg 8rpg 1blk type center (which is Perfect for us), but always seemed to get into foul trouble early in games, taking him out of the Flow and from getting any kind of rhythm.

Some of that was his fault, but some of that was Chucky rolling out the red carpet for his man, placing Mihm in bad postions. I'm not saying that Mihm would have had no foul trouble, because that is far from the truth, but he would have spent more time on the floor.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject:

Was originally for Mihm considering Curry's health but now Id rather go with Curry. I hear hes getting the ok to play from multiple doctors. Kwame can pick up the slack on defense while Odom, Kobe, and Curry take care of the offense. We got 2 years to take big chances. If it pays off, its a steal..if not..then it was worth a try. We still have the 07 plan to fall back on. Atleast with Curry we have a better chance of making some noise in the playoffs.
Steady Mobbin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject:

Curry hands down. Mihm is way too soft and is more of a back up center than starter.
Theoretic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject:

Curry.. Because Mihm is completely useless on the road.. It's like playing 4 on 5.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject:

Mihm- Is what he is an avg to above center that will play hard. Not spectacular but has the occasional huge night. Smart with no issues. A definite role player.

curry, has been a problem. Has to fight to keep weight off. Doesnt show up every night. Not that smart. heart issues. too mch $$$$ wanted, needs/ wants ball, not good to have 4 starters that are all maybes
dj kumi fresh
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject:

i'll take mihm. he plays defense and i do believe that he will get the coaching he needs with the addition of phil and kareem.

we don't need curry taking shots away from kwame.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject:

Curry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject:

curry's a true low post back to the basket center, vital to the Triangle. if all things are equal he would get the nod over Mihms. however all things arent equal. Curry, Kwame, and odom is quite an imposing line.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject:

Curry...

Mihm has peaked IMHO...if he blossoms in another offense, great...but Curry is more like the true, back2basket center Kobe is accustomed to...

Curry makes us a more balanced team...can drop it in to him and he creates his own shot...

That's what you call an inside out game...makes Kobe's job alot easier...
Kobe-Wan Kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject:

Curry times a million... who would want a Backup over a Starter?
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject:

curry
3rings
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject:

curry! kobe will keep every slacker in line. mihm is not that impressive.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject:

Mihm...I like players that actually try.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject:

Curry has way more upside, so I would take Curry.... with rice and chicken.
Crazy LA Fan9
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:

Is this really a decision...I mean its a real no brainer. Curry owns Mihm IMO.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:

Crazy LA Fan9 wrote:

I agree. Curry>>>>>>>>>>>>Mihm and if we can get Curry for Mihm, we have to do it NOW.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
Crazy LA Fan9 wrote:

I agree. Curry>>>>>>>>>>>>Mihm and if we can get Curry for Mihm, we have to do it NOW.

where did that come from?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: