My laker brethren... I need help finding a nice sports bar in orange county to watch the game at.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donkeybong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: My laker brethren... I need help finding a nice sports bar in orange county to watch the game at.

No place where they mute the sound. A place where there are real laker fans and people are there to watch the game, not just to get drunk. Any place like this exist within a 10 mile radius of South Coast plaza?
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: My laker brethren... I need help finding a nice sports bar in orange county to watch the game at.

Donkeybong wrote:
No place where they mute the sound. A place where there are real laker fans and people are there to watch the game, not just to get drunk. Any place like this exist within a 10 mile radius of South Coast plaza?

Im searching as well ... chronic cantina at triangle square is OK.

Its tough to find spots with real fans that actually watch the game.

- Andy Warhol
Y2KLincoln
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject:

I'm from LA but live in Rancho Santa Margarita. I'm not familiar with any spots here and it kinda sucks cause I have a 47" TV and watch the game in HD with full surround sound (and I crank up the volume during the game) but no one to enjoy the game with so it would be nice to know of any good spots in The OC! I invite friends and family to come and watch the game here with me but they all think I live too far and don't want to drive here which sucks! So please keep me posted of any good spots ya'll.....
aluolaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

cantina lounge in fullerton is not bad. lots and lots of tvs. it gets pretty packed during a game tho.
Y2KLincoln
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject:

aluolaker wrote:
cantina lounge in fullerton is not bad. lots and lots of tvs. it gets pretty packed during a game tho.

Now is the volume up? 2 other spots that I've been too had the volume turned down so you could only see the game but not hear it....that sh*t sucks!!
TheGOATWears#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Y2KLincoln wrote:
I'm from LA but live in Rancho Santa Margarita. I'm not familiar with any spots here and it kinda sucks cause I have a 47" TV and watch the game in HD with full surround sound (and I crank up the volume during the game) but no one to enjoy the game with so it would be nice to know of any good spots in The OC! I invite friends and family to come and watch the game here with me but they all think I live too far and don't want to drive here which sucks! So please keep me posted of any good spots ya'll.....

Hey man! I'm in RSM as well. You're right, not a lot of good sports bars around here. There's one in Ladera next to Dick's that's pretty decent, but south OC folks here aren't that much into bball.
"Love me or hate me; it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
Y2KLincoln
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject:

TheGOATWears#24 wrote:
Y2KLincoln wrote:

Hey man! I'm in RSM as well. You're right, not a lot of good sports bars around here. There's one in Ladera next to Dick's that's pretty decent, but south OC folks here aren't that much into bball.

Oh ok....I did see the one you are referring too. Isn't it behind the AM/PM? I haven't set foot in there but might next game.
Since88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Y2KLincoln wrote:
aluolaker wrote:

Now is the volume up? 2 other spots that I've been too had the volume turned down so you could only see the game but not hear it....that sh*t sucks!!

My friend lives in those apartments across the street from CSUF and cantina lounge. Never been there though for a laker game. Lots of hot chicks? I hope since its right next to the university! haha. Nothing like a Lakers win and hot chicks jumping up and down!

Also, check out Danny K's near the Honda Center & Dave & Buster's might be ok. Yard House in Brea...hmmm. Lots of choices really. Much ratherbe at LA Live but kind of far.
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject:

Well, there is Wingnuts on Harbor Blvd. Dont think they always have the volume up, but I guarantee lots of Laker fans. Its a fun place to go.

Umm...Chronic Cantina at Triangle Square is another.

I'm not 21 yet so I dont know many bars. I used to watch all home games at Round Table Pizza on Baker and Fairview. They usually dont have many customers and I'd get the whole back room/ bigscreen to myself.
Y2KLincoln
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject:

My brother mentioned Legends in Long Beach. He was there last Lakers game and was interviewed live by Liz Habib from Fox 11 news since she is the one covering the Lakers. I really don't want to drive all the way to Long Beach since I'm in south OC.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Ya guys I can't find much here in OC, might head over to Hooters on Thursday cuz its close to me.

I drove up to watch one of the WCF games at Big Wangs in Hollywood and it was awesome, big projector screen, sound up, sitting on a couch with crazy Lakers fans ... its just too damn far!

- Andy Warhol
Y2KLincoln
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject:

So anyone here going to a spot in south OC?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: