Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobe just said he was sacrificing himself for the team by taking a hard foul
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Imagine the kind of calls the Cavs and LBJ will get if they make it to the Finals.

True, at least we'd (and the lakers woulda) gotten experience on how to win DESPITE that referee bias (what was that treatment that billups got? Unbelievable..)
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Kobe praising Fisher in the post-game interview

He says a guy who does not get much touches.....to shoot from those corners is great. It's not easy

He also said he does not care about Jerry West's comments. He has bigger goal. His finger popped out. Wearning brace now....said it should be fine.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Championship teams win ugly by winning choppy gritty games -- George Karl was lost for words tonite -- he basicallly said they played the way they wanted but lost. Lakers on the other hand had no inside presence for most of the game.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Imagine the kind of calls the Cavs and LBJ will get if they make it to the Finals.

True, at least we'd (and the lakers woulda) gotten experience on how to win DESPITE that referee bias (what was that treatment that billups got? Unbelievable..)

i dont even want to think about it

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OCLakersFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Anyone notice how disturbed the Nuggets look during post game press conferences?

Carmelo and George Karl especially just sound deflated and angry. Is this the best mental toughness the Nuggets have?
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Jon Barry giving Kobe props! The second sign of the apocalypse. Fisher making that fastbreak layup. What's next, the refs calling it fair??

you were on a roll man, and doing so good, until you got to the ref thing

Seriously! If one of the leaders of Kobe Hate nation (aka ESPN) buckles then we might solve Global Warming after all. (though it still hasnt deterred the renowned Kobe haters in LG... you all know who that it is)
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

LeBron in the Finals would be twice as bad as this...oh god...
jlkr42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject:

They should be angry, they had a very good chance to steal one, but they couldn't close the deal. 12 missed FT's and some bad turnovers down the stretch.
Bench
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I'll give props to the bench for the first half.

Pau and Lamar need to contribute. Pau, you need to play like you're the second best player on a team wanting to win a championship. Lamar, please play like this is your last year. Look at Sasha and Luke for some tips. You need to show up in this series (and in the next one, if there's one) if you want to get paid or stay.

Refs should do their job as well as they are paid. I'm not even asking them to favor LA, just call the game fairly!

Sasha should get a memo that he is only allowed to take two shots per game. If he misses one, he could try again. If he misses both, he should voluntarily send himself to the bench.

Fish should get the same memo too but for 5 shots instead of 2! Plus he could always shoot it if there's only 0.4 left on the clock or something.

All of us should be thankful that we have Kobe Bryant.
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Chauncey is the only guy on that team to let this type of loss slide off of his back. Save for that bum Martin and Billups, no other Nugget has made it this far in the playoffs. Carmelo had a helluva game tonight but while I'm sure Kobe can duplicate his performance, it will be interesting to see if Carmelo can. Pau and Drew have got to man up....when Drew was on the court, he was effective...he has to find a way to stop picking up fouls and Pau and Lamar have got to stop easy penetration from the like of Martin, Birdman and Nene.
VonTrapp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject:

My story:

I'm actually a resident doctor in real life, and had to work this evening and as a result I missed most of the game. At the very end of the day, I had to do a procedure before leaving for home and it was about 8:30 at this point. The procedure was a paracentesis, which basically is draining the fluid from the patient's abdomen. So when I got to the bedside, resigned I'd miss the game, I was pleasantly surprised that patient had his tv on the game and was watching avidly.
So I ended up doing the procedure while watching the game; the med students watching me do the procedure were laughing because I was explaining everything to the patient while my concentration was clearly on the tv....
I finished up bandaging the site of the needle insertion just as the game finished.

The procedure went off perfectly, I drained about 3 liters of fluid and the Lakers won, how sweet is that?

And for those who wonder, patient had no complaints and said he was very satisfied. He gave me a high five when it was over. A nice end to my day
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject:

VonTrapp wrote:
My story:

I'm actually a resident doctor in real life, and had to work this evening and as a result I missed most of the game. At the very end of the day, I had to do a procedure before leaving for home and it was about 8:30 at this point. The procedure was a paracentesis, which basically is draining the fluid from the patient's abdomen. So when I got to the bedside, resigned I'd miss the game, I was pleasantly surprised that patient had his tv on the game and was watching avidly.
So I ended up doing the procedure while watching the game; the med students watching me do the procedure were laughing because I was explaining everything to the patient while my concentration was clearly on the tv....
I finished up bandaging the site of the needle insertion just as the game finished.

The procedure went off perfectly, I drained about 3 liters of fluid and the Lakers won, how sweet is that?

And for those who wonder, patient had no complaints and said he was very satisfied. He gave me a high five when it was over. A nice end to my day

Great story, props to you VonTrapp!

Now, tell me, if the Lakers had lost, would the patient still be alive? Just kidding!! Good work!!
danish87
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject:

i hate birdman so much. how do we not drive and dish on this punk!! he just roams by the rim looking for blocks when we inevitably go up with weak layups
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject:

VonTrapp wrote:
My story:

What, you only drained off 3 liters? How much did you leave behind? Are you saving the rest for Thursday's game?

j/k - Cool story. And good luck with residency. Those were some tough days.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject:

ishi331 wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Seriously, we've got to "commission" some simmons/hollinger style "unbiased" analysis exposing this refereeing favouritism before we get to the finals!! Emplay? Scoop?
danish87
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
ishi331 wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Seriously, we've got to "commission" some simmons/hollinger style "unbiased" analysis exposing this refereeing favouritism before we get to the finals!! Emplay? Scoop?

that would be so awesome. seriously, i think a lot of the bias comes from (bleep) acting. just look at how on other teams, every player plays dirty but stealthily but then freaks out when they're hit by us. this lakers team just doesn't do any of that, save for a few players. and im not talking about on shots only, since we do that pretty well. just on offball plays, etc etc we just dont EMPHASIZE fouls when they happen. thast the key to getting calls with this blind ass refs - they only see the most obvious things and dont have great vantage points.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Big win -

Staples was rockin' tonight!

VonTrapp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
VonTrapp wrote:
My story:

What, you only drained off 3 liters? How much did you leave behind? Are you saving the rest for Thursday's game?

j/k - Cool story. And good luck with residency. Those were some tough days.

haha there was probably about 5 more liters but the game was over, so ....

plus didn't feel like making the patient dangerously hypotensive tonight
Comrades
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject:

glad game 1 is all about resiliency and determination on our part...but i HATE HATE HATE close games....next time close the game early!!!!!

haha GO LAKERS!!!!
hoops19
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

exciting game although frustrating at times because of the way it was officiated especially in the beginning but fortunately, our guys didn't lose their composure and just played through it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
StOnEy333
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I still can't believe we won that friggin game.
TONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject:

VonTrapp wrote:
My story:

hah .. great job . thanks for sharing too .
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject:

StOnEy333 wrote:

Hey I know you!

Just call me "dman"

P.S. please lock up that silly Kobe = Arod thread

- Andy Warhol
StOnEy333
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Ko8e8ryant wrote:
StOnEy333 wrote:

Hey I know you!

Just call me "dman"

P.S. please lock up that silly Kobe = Arod thread

Wasup DOG?!?

I sorta have to give it a chance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 152, 153, 154  Next
Page 153 of 154
Jump to: