***LAKERS -at- ROCKETS 5/14 Game 6 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:

So what will it take Phil to realize that starting Fisher is not a good idea? Brooks gets on a roll, making it extremely difficult for Farmar and Brown to contain him. You don't want a player to get on a roll, at home, in that type of game. It spells for disaster. And Fish is not hitting his shots, which really just ads to the problem.

Fish can still be a leader and do what is necessary in limited minutes off the bench and in the locker room. I like Fish, so I'm not trying to discount him for the sake of discounting him.

But it's fact. Start Farmar or Brown. For crying out loud.

Last edited by Bballguru5000 on Thu May 14, 2009 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:

i guess they all have 3 points each or one of the 3 starters have 8 points
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Rsxtreme415 wrote:
i guess they all have 3 points each or one of the 3 starters have 8 points
Fish had 2, Bynum 0, Ariza 7.
lil Pau Wow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Ariza had 7 and Erek had 2. Bynum 0 just like game 4 where 3 starters combined for 9 points. Fool me once, fool me twice....
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I don't think they can defend, period. No shot blockers. to close that paint.
LakersJT14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Defending the pick and role has always been the Lakers achilles heal, even back during the Shaq days. It's like a staple of all Laker teams recently
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Corto Maltese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:

This has been a problem for years. Most teams in the NBA struggle with P&R but Lakers especially so. The team needs a strong, defensive minded coach or assistant coach like Tom Thibodeau.

Just think about it, Thibodeau's principles are so strong, Houston STILL runs them two years after the guy departed. This guy knows how to set up defenses, perhaps Lakers should make a move to get him this summer.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Aaron Brooks: 8-13 FG, 7-7 FT, 26 PTS
Luis Scola: 10-17 FG, 4-5 FT, 24 PTS
Carl Landry: 6-6 FG, 3-6 FT, 15 PTS

Derek Fisher: 1-7 FG, 2 PTS
Andrew Bynum: 0-3 FG, 0 PTS

What a Joke. .

WAY TO STEP UP IN THE CLOSE OUT GAME!!!
lil Pau Wow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject:

So 3 starters combine for 9 points and then you bring Luke and Sasha off the bench. How does this team ever win any games?
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Farmar and Brown is the way to go for scoring off the bench. Luke is useless when he decides he wants to be a scorer instead of a facilitator, Odom is not healthy and we already know he can be sometimey, Sasha should have gone to Europe to go play, Powell didn't even see the court tonight and Mbenga sits there and knows he would bring at least some defensive effort while he is out there.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 starters combine for 9 points

lil Pau Wow wrote:
Starting center gives you 0 and starting pg gives you 2. LOL. How do you expect to win? This team is not that talented. The roster is flawed and overrated.

if it's overrated, how did you beat this team 4 times by an average of 13 ppg during the season. how is it that a midget team has beaten you twice? it's not the team, it's the way the team is being coached. you go ahead and keep believing phil can do no wrong because he's won 9 rings but the results say differently. the 2 pt scoring pg you mentioned, has been shooting poorly but played nearly the whole 1st qtr. of a game that needed a faster tempo. even after both backup pg's have been playing very well. why? why does sasha come in the game when his offense has been hurting the team consistently for some time now? why is bynum completely out of the offense? there's no justification for it.
Corto Maltese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 starters combine for 9 points

lakersboy wrote:
lil Pau Wow wrote:
Starting center gives you 0 and starting pg gives you 2. LOL. How do you expect to win? This team is not that talented. The roster is flawed and overrated.

if it's overrated, how did you beat this team 4 times by an average of 13 ppg during the season. how is it that a midget team has beaten you twice? it's not the team, it's the way the team is being coached. you go ahead and keep believing phil can do no wrong because he's won 9 rings but the results say differently. the 2 pt scoring pg you mentioned, has been shooting poorly but played nearly the whole 1st qtr. of a game that needed a faster tempo. even after both backup pg's have been playing very well. why? why does sasha come in the game when his offense has been hurting the team consistently for some time now? why is bynum completely out of the offense? there's no justification for it.

Great post.
running-the-point
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Phil's Chicago teams never had any problem with P&R because they had so many strong, athletic wing defenders that could pretty much guard any position 1-5. Thus, they could easily switch on pick and rolls without creating any mismatches.

Unfortunately, none of Phil's Laker teams have had such defenders. As such, Phil never really adjusted. Even the 2000-2002 threepeat teams were extremely poor and defending P&R.
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Even in his post game interview, somebody asked Phil about tinkering the starting line-up and Phil immediately brought up Lamar's name in place of Drew but I think the guy asking the question was talking about Fisher being replaced by Jordan or Shannon. Phil didn't even think about that one.
lil Pau Wow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:

The regular season is different than the playoffs. Just ask the Allas Mavericks. This group of softies aint built for the playoffs. The roster is overrated. Its that simple. No heart and no mental toughness.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:

you cant call the roster over rated when the coach ELECTS/CHOOSES not to use one of the main horses that was a major part of the team's success. obviously, it's the coach, who's over rated. no team that features an aging vet who can no longer penetrate consistently, along with a pf who has an inconsistent inside game, should expect to be highly competitive for the championship.

it's interesting that mark jackson said he'd never choose the lakers again this season to win a series and now he's picking denver. he's not even a lakers fan but he's talking about their inconsistency. it's coming from the coach, not the players. some of his horses (fisher, sasha) have run out of gas, but bynum is just misused. farmar and brown are fresh and ready to go but not getting the run they need to be true assets to the team.

phil has a leash on most guys while he allows kobe to kill the teams execution with foolish 1 on 1 play & shots.
lil Pau Wow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Marc Jackson. Im not even picking the Lakers on Sunday.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject:

lil Pau Wow wrote:
This group of softies aint built for the playoffs. The roster is overrated. Its that simple. No heart and no mental toughness.

Are you talking about the Lakers or the Mavs?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject:

lil Pau Wow wrote:
The regular season is different than the playoffs. Just ask the Allas Mavericks. This group of softies aint built for the playoffs. The roster is overrated. Its that simple. No heart and no mental toughness.

everyone knows the regular season is different. in the playoffs, there are no easy layups. you have to earn everything. you dont expect to win by settling for jump shots throughout the series. the best defensive teams win, along with the ones that consistently execute on offense. jump shooting teams like your the suns and mavs get swept aside eventually. why are the lakers shooting in the 30% range? you dont win by playing like that. it's because they're taking too many jump shots. keep doing it, and they'll be fishing along side shaq.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject:

lil Pau Wow wrote:
I agree with Marc Jackson. Im not even picking the Lakers on Sunday.

again, it's the coaching. if phil went home sick and rambis coached, this team would develop a different personality and i think, consistency and confidence.

dont expect the lakers to get any better than they are without individual young players getting better. the players and the mismatches are there but lamar isnt going to score 25 a night. the mismatch starts from inside and then opens up space on the floor for the teammates. if you dont have bynum creating the mismatch and drawing double teams, thats bad coaching. nothing you or anyone else will say can convince me or anyone who analyzes this game closely, otherwise. when people double team, they have to be made to pay. there are no double teams right now except what kobe see's but he chooses to shoot the ball most of the time when he gets more than 1 player on him. he showed little or no trust of his teammates tonight.
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Main reason for Game 6 loss

I think most of the problems with this team start with Fisher.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject:

Wags_16 wrote:
I think most of the problems with this team start with Fisher.

I decided on Phil - because even though yes as you say the issues are valid regarding Fisher... Phil is the one putting Fisher on the floor...

I will say that Phil did give Farmar and Brown more minutes than usual and to Phil's credit Farmar did get more minutes than Fisher in the game... but...

... I've said before... Fisher should not get any more than 10-15 mpg in this series and it should be much closer to 10....

Fact is all of the choices have some relevance of course...

I know when the Rockets got up on the Laker by an 8-1 score I was screaming for Phil to call a time out to stop the momentum... this is not a game for Phil to just say the team can work it out... he eventually did call time out but not UNTIL IT WAS 13-1...

The Lakers already lost a game by the margin of the FIRST QUARTER... I was hoping Phil would not let it happen again...

... by waiting until the score was 13-1 the Lakers once again had to much to overcome...

... the players have proven that they DO NOT work things out for themselves...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject:

Fisher and Phil
iWishiWasJerryBuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject:

I think the "main" problem was them scoring more than us.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
this is not a game for Phil to just say the team can work it out... he eventually did call time out but not UNTIL IT WAS 13-1...

And even then, Number Two still remained in the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144  Next
Page 142 of 144
Jump to: