***LAKERS -vs- ROCKETS 5/6 Game 2 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 132, 133, 134  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KINGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers will win Game 2 by 20+

I doubt it. The Rockets defense is to dominant to get blown out.
MadeaGoesToMambaTown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ***LAKERS -vs- ROCKETS 5/6 Game 2 Thread***

doven wrote:
7:30 PST

I expect Lakers to play harder specially Kobe.

I also wanna see more of Yao / Bynum match up.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!

1-1
xheromix
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject:

After monday's horrible performance, all the negative media chatter, and lebron getting the MVP award (as i type this)...if the lakers don't come out hungry and with a sense of urgency then nothing will
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm not that worried about game 2, I really want to see how we respond in game 3 and 4.

Those are the main games. Need to get atleast 1 W in Houston. Honestly, the way I see this team, they can get both if they really play towards their strengths.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manber34
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject:

We'll be up by almost 20+ for most of the game then we'll let them catch up cause that's what we do. We'll only win by 6-8 pts.
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Battier is not really that much of an offensive threat so I think Kobe or Trevor should get a little run at Brooks. Since Fisher's lack of D has this dude thinking he's about something, the Lakers need to put a long defender on him.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject:

anybody else have non-laker fan a chatty today...i got text messages from fools i havent heard from in a while....damn clowns...pisses me off really...one guy is a houston fans and lives there but all the other clowns need to be shot....specially my friend whos a clippers fan...how about that
mrclean24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Checklist of 5 things I gotta do to make sure this happens....

1. Call all LA area radio stations to play the song "We Will Rock You" in unison right at game time. All residents in the Staples Center area should turn it up full blast right at game time.

2. Send Jack Nicholson grandma girdle underwear and everytime Rockets make a shot have him flash the Rockets bench.

3. Send Phil 10,000 emails and beg him to not start Fish.

4. Give all Laker fans who enter Staples a free Yellow and Purple Wile E. Coyote shirt that shows him peeing on his rocket.

5. Send Kobe a care package filled with all flu remedies known to mankind, except those that cause drowsiness.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers will win Game 2 by 20+

KINGD wrote:
I doubt it. The Rockets defense is to dominant to get blown out.

stop listening to sports talk radio. no its not.

the rockets defense is ripe to get destroyed by a nice does of midrange open jumpers hitting and 3's falling from the sky. their defense is all about sitting in the paint and waiting on you to try and crash in there. they dont care if you shoot. they play the math game. they assume you wont be able to make all those jumpers. truth is, if a lot are midrange with a hint of 3's by people who shoot both for a living. then the rockets can lose a lot of games off that alone. and lose badly. because the only change they can make is to come out that semi zone and man up. if they do that. its over with.
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Must win, nuff' said.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject:

It's obviously a =must= win game for our Lakers. A championship team that is battle tested would've never dropped game 1 in their own house. Perhaps this is what the Lakers need - a challenge to allow them to grow their championship mettle -- something they have yet to learn in their past two playoff runs.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
I just love these threads. If memory serves, there was a thread somewhere that the Lakers were going to win big in Boston Game 6 and force a Game 7. Also, I remember someone guaranteeing a win in Game 5 verus Detroit.

It's good to be confident, but these things have a habit of coming back in the wrong way. Win big, win ugly, win by luck... a win is a win, just get it.

Like it or not, many people are superstitious and believe in things that educated Bronze Age hominids would laugh at.
nateball
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Kimboslice wrote:
You guys aren't the brightest bulbs

for the most part you have been civil in our house, but you also mix in a few of these and its pretty disrespectful imo.
Old Man Rock
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
It would be best to have Bynum just force Yao to the hole.

Force him to block the shot or dunk at the rim than try to finesse him and that way he'd either block or foul Bynum.

Either way, he'd make Yao work hard on defense and hopefully get him in foul trouble. Yao doesn't have the best conditioning as well and for whatever reason he struggles at times at the end of games because of it.

He won't be able to keep up if people are attacking him and definitely won't keep up if we're able to get more transition opportunities.

I know this is the NBA and not street/gym ball but, my philosophy was to make the big man block my shots and not be afraid of him.

They all need to take it to him. Kobe, Pau, Odom, Brown, all of them. If he falls, their interior defense falls in line.

That's how I feel.

Bye.

We have a winner! If you want to beat the Rockets easily take Yao out. Front him so he can't get the ball and then take it to him and get him into foul trouble easily. DO this and you will own the Rockets. Just remember it is not as easy as it sounds and will take a concerted effort and alot of commitment.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
we got the next game. I would've loved to see this board after game 1 of the 2001 finals

We had that game man, but for Horry's fumble
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

ignardlakerfan wrote:
anybody else have non-laker fan a chatty today...i got text messages from fools i havent heard from in a while....damn clowns...pisses me off really...one guy is a houston fans and lives there but all the other clowns need to be shot....specially my friend whos a clippers fan...how about that

I did too! Oh the joy of being a laker fan!!

I responded inviting them all to Figueroa mid june for the parade..
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: will be a tough match up tomorrow

as a chinese lakers fan, its funny that rocket never grew on me( most chinese people adopt houston rocket as their national team,even though they love kobe, lakers is still the second popular team in china), but yao the person do have my respect. as a man of his size and from asia ,its hard to get used to the fast spead of NBA. he is really the definition of no talk and hard work(HOPE OUR CHERISHED BOY BYNUM CAN HAVE HIS WORK ETHIC). its so unfortunate that he and TMAC got hurt constantly the past severals years and his team did not have the chance to pass the first round. now they finished their first goal, you can feel he and his teammate were pumped up and ready to fight, they gave our sloppy team a bump in the head last night, they showed they will fight for their chace to go even futher, their confidence is rocket high now,
that why i think tomorrow will be tough for the lakers again. I can see they will try their best to win two in a roll, the score will be tight,hope lakers are ready and prove themselves. go lakers, the only team i love.

by the way, i feel sad when saw some people here think yao pulled a paulina pierce, if you know anything about that guy, he is fighter.
speedfast
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject:

LAKERS will have 4-game winning streak since tonight.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject:

JUST WIN, I'M STILL PISSED WE LOST! JUST F'N WIN. PLAY WITH SOME DAMN HEART,PASSION AND GRIT!!!!!!

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject:

I feel for the Rockets, they need to ask the Jazz what Kobe did to them in game 5!! Nough said!!!!
SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject:

Focus on the win tonight and then move onto Houston and see what they can do with game 3 but they have to come out tonight with a mean streak and take no prisoners.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: ***LAKERS vs ROCKETS Game 2 Thread 5/6***

Rick12322 wrote:
Bynum can wear down Yao, LO can't.

The mismatch to exploit by playing Odom more is the Odom-Scola matchup. Gasol won't be able to slow down Yao, but The Big Potential won't be able to either. It's going to have to be strong help defense, just like in the regular season.
LakersBooster
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: ***LAKERS vs ROCKETS Game 2 Thread 5/6***

knhellesky wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
doven wrote:
I also wanna see more of Yao / Bynum match up.

Geez, haven't we seen enough already?

More Odom, less of The Big Potential, please.

+1

LETS GO LAKERS!

Agreed. Lamar could be the key to this series, He is too quick or too long for every defender the Rockets could put on him.

GO LA, time to kick some tails.

I say LA 105 Rockets 90.
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject:

speedfast wrote:
LAKERS will have 4-game winning streak since tonight.

WRONG

LAKERS will have 12-game winning streak since tonight
Bean24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject:

After we win tonight, ALL these houston fans that signed up yesterday, will be saying we got what we wanted, a split, blah, blah, blah. No, the Lakers gave one away and we will take at least 1 out of 2 in houston, and then...

In a couple weeks, when we're playing in the WCF, all these houston fans that came out of hiding will go back for the next decade or so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 132, 133, 134  Next
Page 4 of 134
Jump to: