***LAKERS -vs- ROCKETS 5/4 Game 1 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good game by the Rockets, good game by Yao and Brooks. They deserved the win.
That's the bottom line, people can blame the refs all they want, but personal responsibility plays a role too.
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject:

That's what is irritating about this loss. Houston is an okay team but they were made to look like the 2003 Spurs by the Lakers tonight.
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject:

VonTrapp wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
FBP Si 2000 wrote:
VonTrapp wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
question of the decade: under phil, why can't the lakers play defense?!

can't play def when you're getting whistled for everything

Refs were VERY inconsistent .... I don't care if they call every ticky tack or if they let them play jungleball, as long as they are consistent the whole game. They were terrible though, and Lakers suffered for it.

Yeah, all we want is consistency.

As inconsistent as the calls were tonite, the lakers need to realize to keep pushing on defense, which they can't seem to do for more than a 2 minute stretch. If they get called for a foul, so be it. If they dont play D, the rockets will just build momentum and score too easily a la aaron brooks

True, but our big men were taken out early, particularly Bynum, due to ticky-tack fouls. Players see this, and internalize it and play tentatively as a result. Meanwhile on the other end we get whacked around and nothing gets called.

Phil, if you're not going to coach or get up and b**ch during the game, at least act like the supposed legend that you are and lobby for calls or at least non-calls during the post game interviews. This guy needs to start to pressure the refs as much as the other coaches. Whether it works or not is another story but at least have your players' backs.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject:

pau gasol is soft, sasha sucks, andrew bynum is all talk and hype, and kobe is no longer the best player in the league.
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
pau gasol is soft, sasha sucks, andrew bynum is all talk and hype, and kobe is no longer the best player in the league.

that pretty much sums it up right there. until pau acts like the cave man he looks like, we're not going far. as cerebral and skilled kobe is, he doesn't utilize his 'high' IQ and drive the damn ball. You forgot about fisher, he's pretty crapped out
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Yup, how come we end up with the guy from China who can't play, and of all the Euros, we find one who can't hit shots.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn......when I say I was in my house PRAYING when Yao went down, I am 100% serious. I was like no, not again. It was such a good game...you don't want to see something like that happen. I'm glad he is ok and also glad the cameras followed him so folks could see how tough he really is. Yao is not soft!! He might not be the most athletic dude or always the most aggressive, but he wants to play and you do have to drag him off the court.

You guys were a bit rusty tonight, but to be fair...so were our players. I don't expect y'all to miss as many shots and I know I can't count on Artest and Brooks to keep shooting 50% or better, so I still say LA in 6. Brooks speed did seem to bother Fisher, but I wouldn't worry about that as much because Brooks isn't always in attack mode and is quite indecisive half the time (see his play in the first half).

Good game and hopefully it will continue to be a good series.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe coming up next....

Postgame interviews:
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/live2/
akademiks
Star Player
Star Player

Derek Fisher SUCKS
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Dreamshake wrote:
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn......when I say I was in my house PRAYING when Yao went down, I am 100% serious. I was like no, not again. It was such a good game...you don't want to see something like that happen. I'm glad he is ok and also glad the cameras followed him so folks could see how tough he really is. Yao is not soft!! He might not be the most athletic dude or always the most aggressive, but he wants to play and you do have to drag him off the court.

You guys were a bit rusty tonight, but to be fair...so were our players. I don't expect y'all to miss as many shots and I know I can't count on Artest and Brooks to keep shooting 50% or better, so I still say LA in 6. Brooks speed did seem to bother Fisher, but I wouldn't worry about that as much because Brooks isn't always in attack mode and is quite indecisive half the time (see his play in the first half).

Not a good time. Post later.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Brooks speed did seem to bother Fisher, but I wouldn't worry about that as much because Brooks isn't always in attack mode and is quite indecisive half the time (see his play in the first half).

I wouldn't worry about Brooks' indecisiveness. Average guards have been known to sleepwalk to career highs and brand-spankin'-new contracts because of The Anti-Guard.
laorellana2003
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Damn I'm pissed but I'm not as stupid as some of you guys here...its ONE game the series is best out of seven!!!! We will win this series. We weren't gonna sweep them anyway and it doesnt matter how many they get as long as we get to 4 first and we will....
Jesseca328
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject:

God i just lost almost three hours of studying to watch the Lakers lose... Oh i'm a little ticked off!

ALPHA ~ LakerSanity ~ 24 ~ Exick ~ ElginBaylor ~ TheBigRuski ~ re4ee ~ JerryMagicKobe ~ mbloves L.A. ~ unggoy ~ encina1~ Jesseca328 ~ phayze one ~ Flo'z
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

Are you suggesting the Lakers will win 2 games on the road? I doubt the NBA refs would be so accomodating.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

Dude, get out. The guy was faking it like Paulina. He just wanted to catch his breath. He was on the ground crying and came back and hit a 17 foot jumper.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
Kobe coming up next....

Postgame interviews:
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/live2/

Kobe still hasn't come out yet.... hope he's ok.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Gut check time.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Felipe Bah wrote:
anybody else thinks the lakers are still playing with regular season intensity?

more like preseason
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Jesseca328 wrote:
God i just lost almost three hours of studying to watch the Lakers lose... Oh i'm a little ticked off!

(bleep) (bleep), me too. i have 3 finals to go and i wasted my night watching this team lose after waiting a week for it. FML.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
TrueWarrior
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Dude, get out. The guy was faking it like Paulina. He just wanted to catch his breath. He was on the ground crying and came back and hit a 17 foot jumper.

B.S. no need to knock a guy for playing hard and fighting through pain. What we should worry about is Pau Gasol looking like Christian Bale from "The Machinist" out there.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
David Stern's new strategy, F Kobe vs Lebron, Yao vs Lebron and I'm getting like a billion viewers overseas.

Yao the Warrior vs. The King.. of... of...

The King of Roids and Stern's marketing campaign.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Are you suggesting the Lakers will win 2 games on the road? I doubt the NBA refs would be so accomodating.

Winning in Houston isn't exactly that tough to do. Portland almost beat us there twice in the last round. Y'all have already done it twice this year, and as funny as it sounds...Brooks has played better on the road in the postseason than at home.

We barely scored enough to beat y'all tonight...and that's with Brooks and Artest having very efficient games. It doesn't happen that often. Similar to last years WCF, I think our defense may be able to keep the scores lower but I don't see how we can score enough to win this series.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Exactly! Yao Ming is nothing more than a drama queen, like pierceD and fade.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:

Yao wouldn't know good acting if he stumbled onto the red carpet at the Oscars. He isn't Paula Pierce and it's doubtful that tears can come out on cue. Devean George looked like his leg was amputated in the game against Minnesota and he came back. People have different pain thresholds and react differently.
Chewrockan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I love Ron Artest interviews.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 109 of 111
Jump to: