***LAKERS -vs- JAZZ 4/21 Game 2 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Phil just admitted to f-ing up with the rotations. Thank God he knows it sometimes.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Less Farmar, Less Luke, Less Sasha, Less Fisher, More Brown, More Ariza, More Odom.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

fish was shooting all kinds of stupid 3's tonight
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Star Player
Star Player

The Lakers are a much better team with Brown at the Point. It's not really debatable any more.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

people have to remember that this is andrew's first taste of real playoffs. teams are going to send him different looks. i also think he played so hard in the 1st quarter that he ran out of gas in the second half.

which is why lamar needs to play as well as he played tonight for the rest of the playoffs for us to win a title. but i still think andrew will have a break out 20 10 game pretty soon here.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
Bynum didn't score well after the 1st quarter, but that was because of 2 things.

1) The Jazz started sending doubles. They were even leaving Pau to double Drew in the post. Drew even was able to find Pau off a double.

2) The Jazz started fouling him. Every time he caught the ball the Jazz swarmed him and smacked him whenever he made a move. I remember one time in the 2nd quarter when the Jazz picked up fouls twice in one possession trying to stop him. This kid is going to be a foul magnet if we keep going to him.

yeah, bynum seemed to have trouble with the aggressive doubles and lost the ball a few times.

good defensive effort from him
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

Word. Fish has been horrible. What happened to the solid vet that we could depend on? He's been playing like an idiot with those random 3's and bad passes.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

ishi331 wrote:
Less Farmar, Less Luke, Less Sasha, Less Fisher, More Brown, More Ariza, More Odom.

I thought I would never see the day when I saw the latter..."more Odom".
Comrades
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject:

one game at a time boys... lets focus on game 3, for sure it would be a tough place to play in salt lake but we are the Lakers!! lets go!!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Bynum gets no love from the refs.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Who's the more worthless player on the team right now? Sasha with zero baskets and his usual stupid fouls far far away from the basket... or Farmar (it's not like I really need to go over his issues).

Does Philsy even know the playoffs started yet? His rotations were complete crap and he still cannot get this team to play focused basketball for an extended amount of time.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Bynum gets no love from the refs.

NO ONE wearing purple and gold got love from this crew.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject:

33 assists tonight. imagine if we didn't turn the ball over 21 times, we might've broken 40
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Who's the more worthless player on the team right now? Sasha with zero baskets and his usual stupid fouls far far away from the basket... or Farmar (it's not like I really need to go over his issues).

Does Philsy even know the playoffs started yet? His rotations were complete crap and he still cannot get this team to play focused basketball for an extended amount of time.

actually the two fouls sasha picked up were not fouls. he stripped the man clean. bad late call once again to SAVE utah from catching a blow out.

he put pressure on cj miles. he may have stolen the ball from CJ again. the refs bailed CJ out. excellent defense by sasha. stop agreeing with that bad officiating. it was bad call after bad no call after bad call after bad no call. it was ridiculous and obvious what was going on. they were trying to make a game where there wasn't one.
VonTrapp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

What was Rick Fox doing?? haha
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Are we playing in Salt Lake City or in Los Angeles?

Cause it sure seems like it's home cooking for the Jazz from the officials. Since when did these (bleep) were allowed to get away with moving screens and over the backs on the road? Oh yeah, the Jazz now all of a sudden out shoot teams from the free throw line too on the road. Both games here, they out shot us from the free throw line, you think were gonna get more free throws than them playing in Utah? I doubt it.

No (bleep) way we win this in a sweep or 5 games, this is going 6 possibly 7. No way stern lets a "tough, hard nosed Sloan coached Jazz team" get booted early, not if he has anything to say about it..Bynum was getting the royal shaft, as well as the rest of our team. (bleep) was sickening.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

actually the two fouls sasha picked up were not fouls. he stripped the man clean. bad late call once again to SAVE utah from catching a blow out.

he put pressure on cj miles. he may have stolen the ball from CJ again. the refs bailed CJ out. excellent defense by sasha. stop agreeing with that bad officiating. it was bad call after bad no call after bad call after bad no call. it was ridiculous and obvious what was going on. they were trying to make a game where there wasn't one.

Sasha foolishly held Miles briefly when he pressured him. Bad call but there was no need for Sasha to do anything to even garner a foul at that point. He just needs to make him work to get the ball across the line.
4 Pointer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject:

He was passing up shots the last game and looks out of sync this series. It seems he forces the issues sometimes when playing Utah.
Oh Henry
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject:

jack should kick his ass.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we playing in Salt Lake City or in Los Angeles?

SQUAD UP wrote:
Cause it sure seems like it's home cooking for the Jazz from the officials. Since when did these (bleep) were allowed to get away with moving screens and over the backs on the road? Oh yeah, the Jazz now all of a sudden out shoot teams from the free throw line too on the road. Both games here, they out shot us from the free throw line, you think were gonna get more free throws than them playing in Utah? I doubt it.

No (bleep) way we win this in a sweep or 5 games, this is going 6 possibly 7. No way stern lets a "tough, hard nosed Sloan coached Jazz team" get booted early, not if he has anything to say about it..Bynum was getting the royal shaft, as well as the rest of our team. (bleep) was sickening.

I agree and I called it. If Utah is allowed to initiate contact, rough up Kobe, hack at Gasol and Andrew and get away with it, this is going to be a brutal series. The NBA needs to send in a veteran respected crew to handle game 3. That young ref today was absolutely out of his mind bad.
baller99k
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Thank god im not the only one who noticed that, he definitely single handedly gave them that run...

Kobe=Jordan (Player-wise, not Legacy-wise)
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I think you can thank Philsy for that run. He was the one that decided to put Fisher in with only a couple minutes left in the quarter when Shannon was playing so well up to that point. Why not let Brown finish off the quarter and carry that momentum into the second half?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we playing in Salt Lake City or in Los Angeles?

SQUAD UP wrote:

THANK YOU. to answer your question. THe lakers DO NOT have a such thing as HOMECOURT advantage. the only reason we played for homecourt is so the calls wont get so bad to the point where we can't win the game. thats it. the calls/non calls are still atrocious.

why is it like 3 of us admitting to this? everyone is talking about the game like we keep letting these dudes back in the game. thats a lie. its the bad officiating. fisher did give them a 9-0 run Once. they had a good 8 of those runs tonight. and all of the rest of them came on the shoulders of awful officiating. no calls when their should've been calls. calls when if you're not going to call it on one end, dont call it on the other.
VonTrapp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject:

On going to Utah and playing there:

"It's just noise... it's just noise."

- Mamba, cold blooded
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we playing in Salt Lake City or in Los Angeles?

82410 wrote:
SQUAD UP wrote:

I agree and I called it. If Utah is allowed to initiate contact, rough up Kobe, hack at Gasol and Andrew and get away with it, this is going to be a brutal series. The NBA needs to send in a veteran respected crew to handle game 3. That young ref today was absolutely out of his mind bad.

come on fellas. wake up. they sent the ref crew on purpose. it worked as planned. did you watch a close game or what? yes you did. could this game have been a blow out just like game one if it wasn't for the officials? YOu betcha. so again, you got what they wanted to give to you. 2 close games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 69 of 71
Jump to: