Home Court Advantage - Laker Nation's role (BE LOUD)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HisAirness24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Home Court Advantage - Laker Nation's role (BE LOUD)

HCA is not only important to the actual Los Angeles Lakers, but to Laker Nation and Laker fans as well.

For those of you who go to any playoff games, make sure you're extra loud this year and root for the team at the top of your lungs. Show your support for the team and show viewers watching the game why we're die hard fans.

Let's make our opponent's (yes, including the refs) INTIMIDATED, let's give STAPLES a new electricity never seen or heard before. I want to be like the STAPLES Center of old, during the 3-peat era. Watching tapes of those games reminded me just how dedicated Laker Nation was.

I wanted to get this point across, ESPECIALLY for the playoffs. STAPLES has died down a bit, let's rev it back up again and show the NBA where the real fans belong.

RISE UP LAKER NATION!!!!

Go Lakers.

Last edited by HisAirness24 on Mon May 04, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject:

I totally agree with you and I've been saying the exact same thing for years, we need to learn from the European fan clubs, they support they team like crazy and they're fanatics. They literally make their home a living hell for the visiting team!
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject:

If I get free tickets, I will promise to go and cheer as loud as I possibly can.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
MadeaGoesToMambaTown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject:

im going to game 1 but i can assure you the playoff atmosphere in staples will be the same as last year, quiet and awkward... The lakers don't have many hardcore fans watching them, just casual people who have ALOT of money and want to enjoy a game with a friend, not scream out of the top of their lungs. I'll be supporting the lakers all the way, but I wouldnt be suprised to be the only one in my section doing so.

lower bowl tix btw, row 7.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Most people I personally know who go to Staples on a regular basis are not even Laker fans. They're there for the spectacle. Not to say there aren't any real fans at Staples, because the real fans outnumber the casual "sightseers," but you can forget it if you think the refs are going to be intimidated of the Staples crowd. That's not going to happen.

But you know, Staples is really cavernous, so it has a different kind of acoustics than, say, many other arenas.
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Here's an example of what I mean, just watch and see. These are the REAL fans.

jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Staples should look like this

Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject:

jack13 wrote:

That's HCA!
bigballer8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Staple Center is a joke. Over charged tickets = white girls going to a game with a guy who has buncha money to spend on front row seats. I remember the 3 peat area when driving down the freeway. I saw so many laker car flags. It was awesome. We need to bring those days back!! roooar with me.
Stee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:

Ugh I remember last year during the finals the Boston fans were louder then the Laker fans in the Staples center.

What was even worse was watching a moron like Matt Damon courtside standing there cheering for Boston.
phattyljames
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject:

I've set 4 rows being Jack Nicholson at a game before and I cheered for every nice play or basket, and all i hear are people telling me to "keep it down."

Honestly, I probably paid over 3 times face value for those tickets and I was surrounded by people in their suits just going to a game after a days work in Downtown LA. It was definitely the WORST experience I've had.
Seriously, suits should not be allowed to be worn at ANY sporting event. EVER.

Please, rich people....make some noise!
FakersOVERRATED
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject:

WILL SEE Y'ALL FAKER FANS IN FINALS

cavaliers and king james will kick fakers ass
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject:

FakersOVERRATED wrote:

Is it a prerequisite for trolls to be unoriginal, make consistent grammar errors and repeat the same mindless mantras over and over again?

I hope for your sake that you never have to voice an original thought to save yourself.
lakersho2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject:

jack13 wrote:
I totally agree with you and I've been saying the exact same thing for years, we need to learn from the European fan clubs, they support they team like crazy and they're fanatics. They literally make their home a living hell for the visiting team!

Call me a idiot, but over the years I have come to the conclusion that our lack of fans cheering during has a little something to do with the blown leads

Opposing teams seem to have a easy time playing in staples. The loudest ive seen was during that 2000 game 7 vs por when you could see the blazers letting the fans emoition get to them. Not the same anymore since they did the dim lighting. IMO
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject:

FakersOVERRATED wrote:

King burger will not do (bleep), we beat your ass twice and look forward for an ass whoppin, now GTF OUTTA HERE!!!
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject:

lakersho2001 wrote:
jack13 wrote:

Call me a idiot, but over the years I have come to the conclusion that our lack of fans cheering during has a little something to do with the blown leads

Opposing teams seem to have a easy time playing in staples. The loudest ive seen was during that 2000 game 7 vs por when you could see the blazers letting the fans emoition get to them. Not the same anymore since they did the dim lighting. IMO

Opposing teams seem more cocky at Staples than they do in many other arenas. But then again, it could be because I'm a Laker fan and I'm looking at this through a microscope.

Game 7 2000 was loud. And those games against the Kings in 2002 were pretty loud, too. The Horry game was very loud.
Tek9Designs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject:

I was there for Game 5 of the Finals last year, and that was the loudest I have EVER heard Staples (granted I haven't been there for too many playoff games).

The problem is because seats are so expensive and SOOO many companies buy tickets then give them away to clients (who may not even be fans of sports in general, are just there for the experience).

I bought some tickets today for Game 1, the guy I bought them from is a season ticket holder but has admitted that he hasn't been to a game in a long time.

I do know that part of the reason Staples seems to not be as loud as other arenas is due to the way Staples is built. It has much better acoustics than some of the arenas and less echo.

Still, due to how expensive some of the seats are only the wealthier can afford the more expensive tickets, and often times they may be more reserved and more of a casual fan.

I think another reason is because Lakers fans have been so spoiled by being in the playoffs and a perennial contender that they've grown accustomed to somethings and take them for granted.

Still... sit in the 300s and it gets pretty loud.

Regardless, I'll be there rooting my ass off and as usual will be going home with no voice.
Tek9Designs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
lakersho2001 wrote:
jack13 wrote:

Opposing teams seem more cocky at Staples than they do in many other arenas. But then again, it could be because I'm a Laker fan and I'm looking at this through a microscope.

Game 7 2000 was loud. And those games against the Kings in 2002 were pretty loud, too. The Horry game was very loud.

I think part of it is because most teams play at Staples more than any other arena because the stupid ass Clippers play there too.

Seriously that team needs to get the boot and move to San Diego or Anaheim. The seats are purple in Staples for a reason. Its like the younger brother living in the shadow of the larger-than-life older brother. The only way to get out of that shadow is actually to go elsewhere.
ShowtimeRedux
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject:

apparently this is a must read, because it says on the topic must read, so it must be a really important thread.
The lights are out.
The eggs are coolin'.
The butter's gettin hard,
and the JELLO's JIGGLIN!"

R.I.P.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject:

phattyljames wrote:
I've set 4 rows being Jack Nicholson at a game before and I cheered for every nice play or basket, and all i hear are people telling me to "keep it down."

Honestly, I probably paid over 3 times face value for those tickets and I was surrounded by people in their suits just going to a game after a days work in Downtown LA
. It was definitely the WORST experience I've had.

I've had that happen to me before, and every time it has those fake business clowns wish they hadn't said a word. I go to live games, I make as much noise to help the team when appropriate, that's just how it goes. All you can do really.
lakersho2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject:

n9necount wrote:
phattyljames wrote:

Honestly, I probably paid over 3 times face value for those tickets and I was surrounded by people in their suits just going to a game after a days work in Downtown LA
. It was definitely the WORST experience I've had.

I've had that happen to me before, and every time it has those fake business clowns wish they hadn't said a word. I go to live games, I make as much noise to help the team when appropriate, that's just how it goes. All you can do really.

The rich folks need to go find a movie or oprah show. I figured that this is also alittle of the problem. Rich folks are not really diehard fans they go because of course it's the lakers and what's better then being seen at the game sucking it up. Jack is the acception because he has passion.

Make some noise and give Utah hell that along with our size advantage we should easily take both games by big margins.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject:

Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of Portland and Utah fans. Granted fanatic cheering hasn't won them a title in a long time, but that's what HCA should stand for.

We're spoiled over here in Europe, some arenas are practically impossible to play in for the opponent (for example the legendary Jazine in Zadar, where the capacity is only for 3000 people, but it was - the arena closed some years ago - a living hell to play there because the fans were rabid and the seats were almost on the court). Tremendous atmosphere:

(extremely bad picture quality, but the sound is all you need to get the feeling)
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject:

jack13 wrote:

There's a different mentality to sports in Europe. They don't have teams that move from city to city if they can't build a new arena. A team is identified with a city. In some cases, where you have competing teams from the same city, you might have a divide in terms of geography, social status, religion, and ethnicity. There's a lot more passion to sports over there. Soccer is even crazier, of course.

Here, even the loudest NBA arena wouldn't even compare to anything that's going on in Europe. It's a different world. Flags, songs, flares, insults! It's a bunch of young men in their 20s and 30s, and many of them with a criminal past. Going to games there is not a family picnic.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of Portland and Utah fans. Granted fanatic cheering hasn't won them a title in a long time, but that's what HCA should stand for.

We're spoiled over here in Europe, some arenas are practically impossible to play in for the opponent (for example the legendary Jazine in Zadar, where the capacity is only for 3000 people, but it was - the arena closed some years ago - a living hell to play there because the fans were rabid and the seats were almost on the court). Tremendous atmosphere:

(extremely bad picture quality, but the sound is all you need to get the feeling)

The third link is typically Balkan (I am from there). They're singing "kill, kill, kill the Serb." It's a team from Croatia playing one from Serbia. Imagine if Staples fans sang "kill, kill, kill the Mormon." There would a huge fine for sure.
doven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject:

I really like this idea.

I've never been to any Laker game in staples and I can just imagine rich folks just sitting down and just clapping during a great play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: