Introduce Yourself to LakersGround - New Poster? Old Poster? Where You From?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zofro
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Hi everyone, longtime lurker i'd say all the way back to 06 when jermaine oneal was the hot topic around here. Im a lifelong laker fan and have been through many critical errors with you all and recently decided not to go through another one without being a member. Tonight seemed to be an appropriate night to take the plunge with lonzos first SL game tomorrow. to the future

-go lakers
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Posted on the Bday! Cool, son. Welcome to the ground. Bout time!
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been a Laker fan since I was born. My father worked for Prime Ticket back in the 80's and got to see a lot of Laker games starting as a toddler. Anyway, I hope to contribute in a productive manner and look forward to posting with the you all. Let's Go!!!!
tfine
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: New here with a question...

Longtime Laker fan...since I moved to LA in 1983. Going tonight to select seats. Been on the waitlist 5 years. So excited. Questions for y'all...if they don't have seats we love tonight, is there any advantage to selecting them anyway instead of passing and waiting until next year? Thanks in advance and looking forward to a great year...
Turkish Mamba
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

Hello everyone! I think i have to introduce myself first. I'm from Turkey and i'm a Laker ever since i've started to watch basketball games when i was 8 (i'm 24 now). I've been in LA on November for the first time and of course i've watched LAL-Nets game while i was there. I've grew up watching Kobe and i hope i will grow old watching Ingram I'm not a native English speaker, sorry if i have any mistakes.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject:

I joined pretty early to Lakersground May 2001 after hating ESPN coverage. When I joined there was a new energy of fans in the city with a championship franchise. Laker fans had gone through 10 years of rebuilding and Del Harris Hell and things were electric with Shaquille. Always fun to read a non biased group of hardcore hoop fans.

The forum hasn't changed all that much just more quality posters. The best part is the data and news that breaks on here from all over the league too. It's a source I always check when I'm researching the team news. Never enjoyed any of the other Laker forums they had bad moderators.
GoldenWebb
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Seattle Lakers fan here! No connection to LA, and no reason to like this team! But I became fascinated watching the post-Kobe team try to find an identity last year, and I started lurking on these boards.

This year I've fallen in love with this team, as ugly as they have been to watch at times. I'm shelling out for the NBA league pass because I got tired of struggling with streaming every Lakers game. And I'll be visiting the Staples Center for the first time when the Lakers host the Mavs after the break. Flying in just to see the boys play!

So just wanted to say 'hi'. This team is going places... hoping guys like Ingram, Randall and Kuz will be there when the chips fall. I'm not sure I'm a bandwagon fan if I hop on the wagon before it picks up steam....
UndertheBuss
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: New to LG

Hey everyone my name is Christian and I am new to LakerGround. I'm 20 and I have been a laker fan all my life. I am from the Southern California and worse born into being a laker fan. My favorite current Laker is Julius Randle, although I love all of my large adult sons in the young core. Kobe is my favorite laker/player ever. I look forward to making new friends on here!
georgetowns
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

Hello guys! the name's george. Great to be here. a die hard laker fan since the black mamba!
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Whuddup LG!!!
Been lurking on these boards for years like Bill Cosby.
Joined a few months ago but just started posting today. ( Don’t ask me why... my reasons are my own. So BACK Off, ok??!!! )
Sorry about that... got a legendary temper. Real unstable too, like Draymond.

Alright, Lol. Enough of that.
Been a diehard Laker fan since ‘94, when Nick the Quick was shadowboxing down the court after a bustin’ a Three in Gary Payton’s eye. Born and raised 20 years in Los Angeles but haven’t lived there for over 15 years now.
Was lucky enough to live through the 3 Peat and see the rise of all those Laker flags flying from everyone’s cars. That made summers SWEET, let me tell Ya’. My Dad even bought one! Hahahaha

Kobe’s my boy.
Always will be my favorite athlete ever, most likely. My favorite Laker Squad was the one that lost to Buckin’ Foston in 08-09. LOVED that squad, man. I wanted the Space Cadet to get a ring.
Thought they were gonna hold on to that 20 point lead in Game 4 and come back to win that series.
F*** Leon Powe! Lol.....Game 2, Right? I mean, How does a guy come off the bench and shoot more foul shots than the opposing TEAM??!!!
In the F***ing FINALS???!!
In FOURTEEN F***ING Minutes?!!!

Ehhh, we got em back in Game 7. Best feeling ever.
God, Ray Allen was such a dirtbag with that team. Remember Derek Fisher’s face during the ESPY’s when Ray was ragging on the Lakers like the chump he is? That revenge 2 years later was unreal.
0-9 from Three in Game 2!! 😁😆😂

KG was cool, though. Never could bring myself to hate him, cause I knew he was just a Mind Clone of Kobe. Still remember when we all thought he was gonna be traded here. Man, that would have been EPIC. Probably would have been the only time in sports history with multiple opponents running off the court in TEARS over the course of a season after Kobe AND Garnett pushed them too far emotionally, hahahaha! And the PRACTICES!! Could you imagine?:

BREAKING NEWS “The ENTIRE bench of the Los Angeles Lakers have formally requested a trade today, citing an inability to go through one more team scrimmage with Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett. We’ll bring you more as information continues to come in.”

And now we got LeBron!
Can’t wait to see the team grow over the course of this year and evolve into whatever it will be Next year, Free Agency allowing. Praying for KD, but gotta admit that Klay would be MONEY at the 2 playing off LeBron and Lonzo. (Plus he’s Laker Family.......Extended Family, but still)

Regardless, blessed to be a fan of the Purple and Gold.
Miss Dr. Buss and especially Chick Hearn ( He came to my school when I was in 4th grade and shared his life story with us 🤘)
LOVE Stu Lance even if he is a crotchety old man now.
You grow to appreciate announcers like him when you’ve spent time in Portland and had to listen to THOSE two bastards........Holy S***.

Lastly, just wanna commend the Moderators on this site, as I have more moments then I can count where I have been CRYING from laughter from some of the comments on this board! You got some Really decent members here and they add a Lot to the experience of being a Lakers Fan.

Shout outs to:

EPAK
DancingBarry
GoldenThroat
BarronVonHumongous
Philosophizer(?? May have misremembered that one)
Judah
Akindo
Darth Los Angeles
LakerLanny....

and many more.

Even VenturaLakersFan, for sparking so much give and take throughout the years.

Hope to get to know everybody as fans going forward. PEACE
🖖
Lakers37
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Thank you LG for having the greatest site on the net!

Go Lakers!!!

Go Dodgers!!

Go Rams!!!!
KobaNBA_91
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone!
New in town here. I'm 28 years old and I've been following the NBA since 2006. I'm very interested on discussing about the team and I'm hoping for its success this year. My favourite player is Lebron.
Cheers!
WeAreWorthy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone, finally decided to stop lurking and start posting

Been following this forum a couple of years now, but a Lakerfan 4 Life since the late 80s. From Sweden so I have never had the pleasure of visiting The Fabulous Forum of Staples but it's on my bucket list for sure!

Started following the team on TV starting with the 1990 playoffs and Magics back to back 43 pt games when we lost to the Suns in the playoffs. Was so pissed I missed Caps last season and never really liked Divacs (from the School of Euro-flop you know..).

Magic, Scott and Worthy are what made me absolutely love the Lakers and 80s basketball was something special. Have backtracked and watched everything i could get hold of. Not really a fan of this 3-ball era. Hope they extend the 3pt-line to eliminate the corner 3, and let the game become a bit more physical. Don't reward baiting... Anyway - that's another discussion.

Decent baller myself in the mid 90s, 6'3 guard - but proiritized college and education since the money playing in Sweden was pretty non existant. Some regrets since I was on my way to the states but again - too short to really have a shot at pro ball (among other things )

The time difference is an issue (9hrs between Sweden and pacific) - but right now sleep can wait as I watch the playoffs

Again - VERY excited by what I'm seeing right now as the team is getting the groove back!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

Joined: 17 Nov 2007. Aeneas Hunter turned me on to LakersGround. I was posting on the AOL Lakers board. I think it's defunct. I'm retired, don't get out much, not only because of COVID-19 because of my advanced age. LG is my daytime companion. I view and mostly post in the OT threads after the Laker season. This is a very diverse thread. I enjoy it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
M. Hicks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject:

It has been a long time.

Looks like LG is still kicking and thriving!
LakersFastBreak
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Hello Lakers Ground,

This is Gerald Glassford, host of the Lakers Fast Break podcast, one of Feedspot's Lakers podcasts to follow for 2021. I'm reaching out to see if someone (or more if possible) from the admin or moderator staff or Lakers Ground community would be interested in stopping by for shows talking about the Lakers and the NBA. I'm always looking for great Lakers communities to be a part of and would appreciate the opportunity to hear what the Lakers Lakers Ground fans or staff have to say about all things Lakers. If interested, just reach out to me here or @lakerfastbreak on Twitter or lakersfastbreak ( a t ) yahoo.com. I wish continued success for everyone in the community and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Go Lakers!

Gerald Glassford,
Host/Producer
Lakers Fast Break podcast
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: