Introduce Yourself to LakersGround - New Poster? Old Poster? Where You From?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oglaker
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
I lurked. I used to post on the AOL Laker board back in the 90s. Then I started posting on the Yahoo Laker boards. I finally decided to create an account here because I got tired of arguing with trolls on other boards. Moderators are necessary on sports boards, I'm afraid.
New on this boards but not a new fan.....
qbnpny
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: What is going on in Lakerland?

I am back after a LONG hiatus from the ESPN board. It seems that things are very exciting right now. Born & raised in SoCal but now living in Rancho Mirage. Can you say HOT?
ShootingStar
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject:

Have been lurking on this board for quite some time and finally decided to join.

Let's go Purple & Gold!
CrazyLegs
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Long time fan, new poster.

Proud to be a Laker fan since the early '80s. Look forward to intelligent basketball conversation fellow Laker fans
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I remember when the board first started it felt like a bar where there were a couple guys chatting. Probably get through all the new posts in like 5 minutes. Now you gotta be really dedicated to keep up.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject:

Hey everybody, I've been lurking this board for a very long time and finally decided to join in on the conversations. I'm also a regular poster on RealGM also. I'm a Lakers fan since the 90s. I don't really like baseball so I have no preference for a baseball team but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Dodgers. My football team is the Green Bay Packers because I have some ties with that city as I do with LA. All in all, I look forward to interacting with all you marvelous Lakers fans!

GO LAKERS!
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject:

Hey everybody, Romano338, Laker fan from France for quite a few years now, but not always able to follow the NBA from near in the past.
Kobe Bryant is my favorite player (how surprising?!) but I also have Stephen Curry or Serge Ibaka on my "Favs players" list.
From the past, my favorite is Wilt Chamberlain.
Tiez
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject:

Hey there, I've been reading along for a while now. I'm from the Netherlands and have been a Laker fan since I started playing and following basketball in the mid nineties. Favorite players have been Eddie Jones and Pau Gasol (still is, although he's heavily criticized) and -of course- I admire Kobe's game.
junosiojo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Hi guys!

Hey! My friend introduced me to this forum. I'm from the Philippines and I'm a die hard Laker fan, not only because of Kobe but because of the entire culture of the Lakers. Glad to be here!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
King Nupe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: King

Hey everyone, I'm King and I'm laker fan for life. Been one since I can remember, (I'm 29 now). I've been lurking for a while and I looking forward with conversing with you!
MagicBryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

Lifelong Laker fan, been lurking for a long time now. Finally decided to sign up, post and interact with fellow fans of the greatest basketball franchise.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Chewbacca wrote:
Greetings minions,,,,,,,

I am the new king of lakersground,,,,,,,,,,,

bow down,,,,,,,,,,,

All your bases are belong to us.
mintdalimore
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: New

I'm new here and i have great passion for Lakers, also wish to know people in my areas, i'm from Illinios, I'm Mint Dalimore
Beige Taipan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Lakers 4 Life

Hello fellow Lakers fans!! Year after year I come to LG to see good discussions but I never registered an account. Just recently I decided to create an account to join in and engage in good Lakers conversations. #QuestFor17

I am born and raised in Los Angeles County and I currently reside in Orange County. For me it was, is and always will be: Lakers > everyone else
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I lurked for a couple years before I started posting, plus started as another login before I switch to this in 2002.
Beige Taipan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Yeah I lurked for a couple years before I started posting, plus started as another login before I switch to this in 2002.

I had another log-in like 10 years ago. But that was just an account I created to talk about the 1st 3 peat and I never could remember my user name and log in. After that I just stalked the forums in stealth mode.
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Hello, I am probably one of those new fans that moved to the lakers because Lin just got traded here. That said my team while growing up was the lakers with my first memories of a basketball game being magic vs jordan. Stayed until the kobe and shaq era ended and then just completely lost interest in basketball. Then one day in feb 2012 lin come on the scene and I really started enjoying basketball again. So former/new/lin fan here that just wanted to say hello.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

As you can tell by my handle, I've been a Laker fan a lot longer than my join date. I started watching Laker games in junior high in the early 90's. I believe the first year I started watching games also happened to be the year Magic Johnson was diagnosed with HIV. One of the girls in our school's orchestra was such a big fan of his and she organized a benefit concert for the Magic Johnson foundation (I think that's what it was called).

So I didn't get to see much of the Showtime era, but I was a big fan of Lakers even though they were probably a 0.500 team through the first part of that decade. Watching Jones, Van Excel, Ceballos, Divac, etc. was also a great distraction from my nightly homework assignments.

I'm really looking forward to season despite the fact that we don't have half the talent that we did just two seasons ago. I like the move of bringing Jeremy Lin to the Lakers. As long as they bring in a coach that believes and him, I don't think there's any way we finish the season as poorly as the 13-14 one. There are still a few pieces of the puzzle left to build a team that will even make the playoffs and many years out before we have a team that will contend for the title again. But I think I'm going to enjoy rooting for this team to be a 0.500 team this season as I did for the Lakers in the early 90's.
quixoticsyz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Welcome.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject:

quixoticsyz wrote:
Welcome.

Thanks

This thread doesn't get too many visits.
Punisher77
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Hello! Lurker for at least a decade here. Fan since 86'. I have made it a daily ritual to check in on my beloved Lakers with this great site!
Punisher77
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Hello! Lurker for at least a decade here. Fan since 86'. I have made it a daily ritual to check in on my beloved Lakers with this great site!
basketofballs
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Hello denizens of the purple and gold. I'm a fan of the Houston Rockets who happened to start lurking over here after we shipped you guys Jeremy Lin for pieces of string. I'll admit, I tried straying away from the Linsanity thread, but it's somewhat amusing with all the bickering and career projections. I created my account after hearing Doc Rivers might resign from his post, to post about it in Coach searching but I'm afraid I've already been beaten to the punch. (By several days might I add)

As much as I love my Rockets, I would say it was always entertaining watching Kobe Bryant manhandle his way into championships (With the subtle guidance of P-Jax of course). You guys have fallen upon hard times, but I don't think it's going to be as bad as the years you guys were rolling out Smush Parker and Kwame "I don't want the ball" Brown in your starting line up. It's kind of crazy how we're all a couple years removed from seeing the Boston Celtics and the LA Lakers not making the playoffs.

Anyways, I feel like the Lakers will be a fun team to watch and root for this year. While I may have gone over because of Lin, I have always respected the Lakers for their legacy and their history. As a Rockets fan, I always saw it as an underdog battle against the big guy, but times have changed. For once, LA is the underdog, and I'm hoping they'll make this a season only Hollywood could be proud of.

So thanks for reading this long introduction, it'll be nice to chat with you guys.
knight44rider
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

Hi Lakers' fans, I am a long time Houstonian and I had rooting for Houston Rockets for more than 30 years.

I am great fan of Jeremy Lin and Lakers had just become my second most favorite team.

Good luck to you all and hope both the Lakers and Jeremy can do some real damage in the west.
arliepro
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: New member

Hello all - just joined today. Saw this site mentioned on Forum Blue & Gold.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17
Jump to: