ROCKETS -at- LAKERS - 4/3 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Before finally returning home from your long journey, you stopped by an estate called the Pimp Palace. You had a beat on the Fourth Horseman. Someone said he had been there.

great way to work in Bynum's visit to the Playboy mansion

thanks DB

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject:

I can't believe how many wide open looks Luke and Jordan missed tonight. It's getting to the point where I'd rather see Kobe take a contested triple teamed fadeaway corner three than those two shooting wide open jumpers. Clank clank clank airball clank. My god.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject:

60 wins

Thanks DB
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject:

thanks, nice win.
lakerfn4lfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject:

I think you really hit the nail on the head. The Lakers achieved some extra motivation when Cleveland lost against the Wizards and Magic the last couple of days. In addtion we know that Cleveland still has games coming up against San Antonio and Boston. When you compare the Laker's schedule to the Cavaliers schedule the Laker have it slightly easier than Cleveland. We might be able to steal home court in the last week of the season. That would be huge!

Knowing that Drew is close is also a bit of a motivator, but he isn't in game shape, and seems to be more interesting in partying with Playboy bunnies than preparing for his return to the court.

Bottom line, some life is definitely returning to this team as we prepare for the playoffs.

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Thanks DB!

It sounds like part of the reason Mbenga ate up Bynum in practice was that DJ's been improving his game, and not just that Drew's out of shape a bit? I'm guessing an in-shape Bynum would still win that matchup, but as things stand now perhaps DJ could use some run in the playoffs as well? Particularly early rounds while Drew is getting winded at 15 min PT?

It feels like that Cleveland losing streak and Bynums imminent return are giving this team some life.
6 more games!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject:

I love it DB. With the impending meeting with the mystery woman will this stay PG? Hmmmmm.
-
Sometimes guys just can't hit shots. That just happens. What we are seeing with Luke and Farmar is different than with Sasha.
-
Luke is not confident in any shot he gets outside the paint. Luckily he's playing the defensive scheme and rebounding well. Needs to drain those open jumper.
-
Farmar will make the shots. The form is okay and the confidence is there. The decision making and passing is killing the game. His defense is really suspect.
-
Sasha needs to stop rushing the shot. He is getting to the hole a lot more lately and either making the right pass or getting a decent shot off. You don't see that standard jump in the air and throw the baseline pass anymore. I like it. He is moving his feet better on defense and complaining a lot less on the fouls.
-
MBenga is really becoming a game changer. The points are gravy. The defense is the foundation. He is doing a great job of protecting the rim and blocking out. The energy is infectious and I love how he finishes stron at the rim. Go boy!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:

Glad to see the guys at home again. The Mbench didn't look great, but found ways to contribute. DJ is unleashing his shooting beast. I guess we can live with a few shots if that's what is going to keep him aggressive.

I'm losing confidence in JoFar. The shooting will come and go, but his decision-making, post-passing, break-running game has been lame. Defensively, if you pick him once, he doesn't recover well or rotate. He gives up rather easily and floats. Drives me crazy.
LakersDa1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject:

DB! DB! DB! DB! DB!
noJINX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Thank you DB
Farmar needs to be a leader - thread that needle-- It was good to see good D from all the players last nite.

As I watched the game last nite I thought that Farmar needs to model his play by watching some greats, i.e. Magic Johnson, more currently Steve Nash. Farmar needs to be more of the assist machine instead of the TO machine (2-3/ game)

Just sayin'
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

Love watching Mbenga in home games. He plays extremely well in front of the Mbenga Bangers!

I've been liking our opponent's points per game average. Our defense is looking good and just as Phil said; during the end of the season our turnover numbers will be less and less.

Hopefully the bench can gain some momentum as soon as Bynum returns. It should have a big affect to the rest of the team.

60 wins! What a feat!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: