***LAKERS -vs- ROCKETS 4/3 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's back to back 3's sealed the deal. Got to 60 wins with some style.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

UntiedShoe wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
i was listening on the radio and i heard spero say ears was getting booed..... is that true

Did you have to listen to the game? I can't stand the way he "calls" the games. Don't recall any booing tbh.

i just got off work and i was driving home

but in the 4th quarter was when spero said it, right when ears was replaced by fish, he said "sounds like jordans getting some boo's"

i wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mindripper2000 wrote:
If Phil tamed Rodman, Artest would be like a poodle.

true. but you have to consider that dennis was a player who did two things. defend and rebound. artest is a multi talented player, and can shoot you out of games on offense.

so in terms of style of play, phil would have a tougher time with artest(who seems to think he's a great offensive player when hes not).
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Forget Artest we need Battier, the guy even said he would want to play with Kobe. It looks like Battier did everything humanly possible to stop Kobe, we need a guy like that on our team, not to mention his three point shooting also.

Farmer/Walton for Battier, do it Mitch.

Man, Battier would be PERFECT for the Lakers....Trevor for Battier would be an upgrade in skill set for this team... although most would not agree..
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
hellsling wrote:
On another note... Can someone explain Aldeman's rotations? He plays Yao big and long minutes in the fourth and then completely shuts him down with 5 minutes left in the game when the Rockets could still have won the game... Seems like a tank job by Aldeman

To quote myself..hehehe.. Adelman = Phil's biotch...and....Yao cant play a whole game.....

Yao played 39 minutes today... It just seemed like a complete tank job by Aldeman because why the (bleep) did he leave Yao in the game when Pau was resting and allow Benga further tire Yao out.
doven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

NBA.com

"Thanks to Pau Gasol and Derek Fisher, the Lakers blah blah blah... "

wheres Kobe? LOL how about the 2 3's he made at 3min.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don't know who "we" is. I didn't, and the Laker FO didn't.

Vent, dont let me pull up your files.... I'm kidding.. i tried to warn lg about ron ron.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Still do.
doven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject:

lol DJ is so charming
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
Still do.

we all know you'd take artest over odom.

if we made the deal:

offensive production: ? odom is less aggressive, BUT artest is a chucker and can shoot teams out of games. i dont want ronron taking shots away from gasol and bynum.

defense: ron

rebounding: lo

versitility if bigs get injured: lo
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Phil's ability to tame Rodman has always grossly overstated because Rodman had always been a winner and a serious competitor when the game started. His crazy antics started more from making money because his antics gew when he realized he could make boat loads of cash for acting crazy. In addition, if Phil could tame any one then what happen to I. RIder, Smush, COok, and Payton all talented players Phil failed to control

Agreed. Rodman's antic is more like a schtick for publicity, whereas Artest really has some problems, he's not faking. The last game in Houston, Artest basically shot the Rockets out of the game single handedly. The guy was cold yet he just hog the ball and chuck up bad shot after bad shot with Yao just standing there without even touching the ball.
faze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject:

As a Rockets fan, I've loved what Artest has done for this team. I'd love to have him on this team, he's shooting 41% on 3's and most of those are with players in his face, imagine what he'd be shooting if he had a guy like Kobe to get him open looks. His defense and toughness are worth his contract alone.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Bean Brian wrote:
Not only can I not believe people wanted Artest on this team, but I absolutely can not believe they wanted to give up Odom for Artest

If I remember correctly, very few wanted to give up Odom for Ron. People wanted him to sign here for the MLE. People did, however, want to trade Lamar for Marion.
intro2all
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
On another note... Can someone explain Aldeman's rotations? He plays Yao big and long minutes in the fourth and then completely shuts him down with 5 minutes left in the game when the Rockets could still have won the game... Seems like a tank job by Aldeman

The Rockets fans are scratching their heads too. Man, I wish JVG is still the coach.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Phil's ability to tame Rodman has always grossly overstated because Rodman had always been a winner and a serious competitor when the game started. His crazy antics started more from making money because his antics gew when he realized he could make boat loads of cash for acting crazy. In addition, if Phil could tame any one then what happen to I. RIder, Smush, COok, and Payton all talented players Phil failed to control

people forget that dennis was a all star two time champion defense player of the Year before He join the bulls but that part of the myth of Zen
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Mbenga's french accent always throws me off

I love him, he is just an awesome guy to watch play
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Well you have a point with Rodman being a competitor but there's no doubt that he was talented, he showcased that much in Detroit and San Antonio with his monstrous rebounding ability. Phil just let him figure it out and he finally started playing at the championship level. However, I disagree with you assessment of the players you mentioned.

Smush - never had any kind of potential, when you think about it Phil DID get the best of him, he averaged career highs with the Lakers and held the starting job for 2 years. He was never really talented, just one of those projects who semi-peaked on the Lakers. There's a reason he's in the NBDL now, he was always meant to be crap. I would attribute it to his crappy attitude.

Rider - Can't really comment since I haven't seen him play that much but he had his own legal problems to deal with, Lakers didn't really make that much of an investment in him in the first place.

Cook - He peaked in college and that's about it, he'll be a third string player for the rest of his life. However, I thought Phil did a reasonable job with him on the Lakers.

Payton - Really on the tail end of his career, he couldn't even guard Chauncey Billups let alone stay with him. Payton's already a hall of famer but if Phil coached him from the beginning he'd probably be a much better player.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject:

faze wrote:
As a Rockets fan, I've loved what Artest has done for this team. I'd love to have him on this team, he's shooting 41% on 3's and most of those are with players in his face, imagine what he'd be shooting if he had a guy like Kobe to get him open looks. His defense and toughness are worth his contract alone.

ronron has never been an efficient offensive player. when he played with JOneal, he didnt have high shooting %s. he is a carrer 42% shooter.

i love his defense and intensity, but we have a big problem on this team not getting the ball to bigs down low. and i think artest wouldnt help in that regard. i dont see him deferring to gasol and bynum most of the time.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject:

ha haaa Dfish out here looking like someones grandpappy . fish is my guy.
ppilot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Nice win tonight.......one of the few times I'll rooted for lakers.....hopefully Denver will be the last one.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
UntiedShoe wrote:
Kobemv24 wrote:
DAMN i woke up my parents HAHAH NICE KOBE

It's not even 10pm. You sure they were sleeping? jk

lol

at your choices for emoticons - Laker_Town you are baaaaaddd...
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Phil Jackson Post-game Interview:

-(Didn't catch the question) A: Well that was a mud-wrestling contest. We broke it open in the 3rd quarter but didn't break it open... we had a 10 pt lead and then they brought it right back again and we were able to sustain that even though it was brought back down to 1 point. I thought for a return game off a road trip it was OK, we shot the ball poorly tonight...we'll have to do a better job.

-(Q: You got win #60, Cleveland got smoked, you're 1 game behind them. you going to keep pushing as hard as you've been or ease off?) A: Well, we have to make an attempt for it. I wouldn't feel good about it and neither would these players if we didn't and we really don't have to threaten our well being by doing it, I don't think. We have some opponents that I consider dangerous & tonight when I walked in to talk to them I said, Dallas got beat by Memphis, Utah got beat on their home court by Minnesota, New Orleans got beaten by Golden State tonight... and we have the Los Angeles Clippers and the Sacramento Kings coming up as our next two games so don't take them lightly and be prepared.

-(Q: Do you think you respond better now with teams that try to beat you up physically?) A: Umm, we're better. We still want to look back at the referees and I don't want us to do that. I don't want to have guys complaining ... if it's going to be that kind of a game and the referees are going to call it that way, then you need to get in the trenches and play that type of game and not look back.

-(Q: As you make the push, is there a shorter leash on the reserves on the bench as they continue to struggle? Mbenga seemed to get playing time tonight...did well...) A: Well, I'm going to continue to experiment a little bit, I liked the game Jordan played in Milwaukee, he didn't shoot the ball well, but I like the game he played. He was the first option to come off the bench tonight, but I didn't like... I thought his effort was... He tried, but some of the things he did, I did not want to see, it has to be done better. Sasha is on a shorter leash because he's sitting behind Kobe and Kobe is necessary to come back and help us continue that so he didn't have an opportunity tonight to really get into it and I told Luke that he hasn't had a good home game. He's played well on the road recently, but he hasn't played well on our home court for a while and I wanted him to get it back and give us that sustained effort that he can do.

-(Q: You left them on (the 2nd unit) after Houston got back into the game. Did you consider pulling them at that point?) A: Yeah, I did. There was that jump ball sequence that Jordan got beat to the basketball and those are the things that I really preach about. A lot of these kids haven't been through jump ball situations a multitude of times so they don't know how to handle jump balls and there's no excuse for it...we work on it in practice and those are the types of things that we don't want to give up... fast break points to teams on a jump ball on our end of the court, so we had a little talk about that but there are some things there that this team has to learn and I wanted this second unit to have to bear down a little bit at that point in the game and kind of get it back together and hold their own space.
abciximab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject:

wow. Pau took more shots than Kobe did (Pau-19, Kobe-11). not sure i remember seeing that before.

60 wins!!
dEDGE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject:

The energy level was good, the defense was solid and the offensive sets were well executed. Only the shots weren't dropping consistently. Perhaps they're still a little woozy from their long road trip. Trailing Cleveland by only one game now. This is getting interesting...
More here at http://steveodesignedge.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ctb619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject:

dEDGE wrote:
The energy level was good, the defense was solid and the offensive sets were well executed. Only the shots weren't dropping consistently. Perhaps they're still a little woozy from their long road trip. Trailing Cleveland by only one game now. This is getting interesting...
More here at http://steveodesignedge.wordpress.com/

More what?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37
Jump to: