***LAKERS @ NUGGETS Game Thread 2/27 ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: ***LAKERS @ NUGGETS Game Thread 2/27 ***

6 PM Pacific

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-4096.html

http://www.justin.tv/ll_rudy_ll
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject:

Scouting Report Lakers at Nuggets

Quote:
Denver is 36-17 since acquiring Chauncy Billups. He is the orchestrator of this team and he energizes and organizes his squad. He will usually start games looking to get everybody involved but if he feels his teammates are struggling then he will become more aggressive to score. Their win against Atlanta was a good example of this approach. He finished with 33 points after trying early to get teammates going. The Denver bench does a great job in helping their cause averaging 32.6 points per game. JR Smith and Linas Kleiza play starter type minutes so we must limit their productivity. We have beaten Denver nine consecutive times including last spring’s sweep so we absolutely must be prepared for a high energy, hard fought game. The Nuggets will be out to prove that they can beat us and we expect this fast starting team to come out with a strong burst from the opening tip. They average 28 points in the first quarter at the Pepsi Center so we know they will be looking to get the jump on us early. Denver is 6-4 over their last ten games but that includes an eight game road trip (around the all-star break).

The Nuggets lead the league in steals (8.9 per game) and are third in blocked shots (5.7 per game). Denver will look to “load to the ball” especially when Kobe has it. This basically means that they will kind of zone up the side of the floor with the ball and they will kind of morph into this alignment as a reaction usually to Kobe having the ball on the perimeter or in the post. They also have doubled Kobe early and far out on the perimeter in order to get the ball out of his hands and to break up our rhythm. We must maintain the proper spacing if we want to be successful against these defensive techniques. If we read the defense correctly and move the ball quickly we can attack them and get some great looks at the basket. In our earlier games against the Nuggets they also tried to deny our wing entry passes. If they do this again there are a couple possible courses of action we can take to beat them. First, we can use our pressure release automatics. The other is to simply look to reverse our cuts or backcut to the basket. Denver is 3-17 when they allow opponents to score 100+ points.

Denver wants to run and they want to do it off the previously mentioned defense. They have several players who will leak out early and they do a good job of looking long for the easy transition buckets. We need to remember that Coach Karl preaches his 30-30-30 philosophy. That means that he believes if they get 30 assists, 30 baskets in the paint, and 30 free throws they will win the game. We know we will have to defend a high volume of screen and rolls from all different angles. One that they like to use is the sideline rear screen and roll. This is when the screener sets it with his back to the baseline. Usually the screener in this type of action is a good shooter so he can set it and pop out to the three point line to stretch the defense. We also need to be ready for Carmelo to handle in some transition screen and roll situations. We also need to be aware of Kenyon Martin and Chris Andersen because so much attention can be paid to the potent offensive weapons of Billups and Anthony that Martin and Andersen can wreak havoc on the offensive boards. We must limit the Nuggets’ putbacks. With the status of Nene uncertain we must be ready for small lineups.

zalltime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject:

Vujacic will dish out 10 assists, grab 15 boards, and score 25 points in this game. Phil will be forced to take out (bleep) luke and replace him with vujavuja
southgate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject:

bigger game than last night's lets go Lakers!!!
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject:

Odom is the key. He needs to come out with a fierce purpose tonight.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject:

Can't believe the difference Billups made. Good trade for the Nuggets, bad trade for the Pistons.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The key to winning is to contain Smith and Kleiza. Luke normally does a great job on Melo. Billups is always dangerous, but he can't bully Fish. Pau is going to negate Nene at the very least, and I expect LO to outplay KMart.
Kobewan-Kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
Can't believe the difference Billups made. Good trade for the Nuggets, bad trade for the Pistons.

I can.

Billups is a proven championship caliber point guard and floor leader.

Iverson misses practices and is a smaller, quicker vince carter; all-show, no-go.

If he wasn't bascially "Made" as the man in Philly, he would have probably never put up his numbers (which %wise aren't even that good), and Philly probably would have been a better team. And you would think someone who is 5'10 and has been in the league this long would have developed a consistent 3 point shot, NOPE. Even Lebron has developed a better 3 point shot than Iverson in just a couple offseasons.

Sorry, I'm just venting because my best friend is a huge Iverson fan and says that Iverson is one of the all time greats and it pisses me off.

You know that commercial where Jordan says "Sorry if I made you believe that my game was built off Flash and not Fire"? Well, Iverson is all flash.

I hope we beat the Nuggets. I want a blowout so I can see more of Morrison/Brown. Both are looking like they could contribute something positive to the team.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject:

W.
chazzz3dt_AB17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
W.

doven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject:

49-10

StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully all our success against Anthony in the past hasn't come as a result of Rad's lockdown defense.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Let's go for the win.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Is Nene playing tonight?
Lakercious08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject:

2 more hours until gametime
Lakers Rocks!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject:

doven wrote:
49-10

RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I guess Nene is playing tonight - not that it should matter if the Lakers stay focused tonight...
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject:

This game doesn't worry anyone else? It's the same situation that caused our last loss against the Jazz. Road Trip, fly back home, play one night, fly out again to play the next night.

Two games in less then 24 hours. Hopefully the fact that our starters hardly played last night helps us out, but either way tonights game is going to be really tough.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject:

minorbravo wrote:
This game doesn't worry anyone else? It's the same situation that caused our last loss against the Jazz. Road Trip, fly back home, play one night, fly out again to play the next night.

Two games in less then 24 hours. Hopefully the fact that our starters hardly played last night helps us out, but either way tonights game is going to be really tough.

It worries me for the reasons you said.

A loss wouldn't shock me.

- Andy Warhol
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject:

If Lakers keep playing their game like they have, they'll win.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject:

We seem to have their number.

110-91
Manny450r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject:

LAKERS!!!!!!!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject:

kobe loves playing the nuggets.. he's always putting up nice efficient numbers against them.. if the starters didn't get a ton of rest last night i'd be a little more worried.. i think kobe will come out strong again and if he's hitting his shots and finding open teammates on doubles i expect a blowout by the half.. if not i think it'll still be about an 8-14 point lead throughout most of the game...
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I have a bad feeling about this game...hope we win
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Boogity boogity boogity let's go ballin boys!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49
Jump to: