JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
we need luke walton back

For what?

To help Bynum and Gasol clean their Vags...
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
we need luke walton back

For what?

for someone who actually tries
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
we need luke walton back

Off Rebounding hurt us in this game. Now, I'll get on Bynum's case. I didnt have as much problem with his low reb #s in the past 4 games but today it was lacking.

As expected Phil took Powell out of rotation as soon as Sasha came back. You dont think he would've atleast tried to box out Battie? Phil just continues to reward good play with putting them in the doghouse.
TerryTeagle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Andrew Bynum has officially morphed into Eddy Curry.

It's not so much that Dwight Howard is a better rebounder. Bynum wasn't even trying.

Kobe was pressing at the end. The last two minutes he should have kicked it out to one of his shooters. 4 straight misses.

Not good.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

this loss cannot be blamed on gasol, who expects him to win the matchup against howard.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jwang415 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Lakers need a POINT GUARD...

I think this game goes to show that a defensive point is what the Lakers need. The only good trade asset is Odpm with his expiring. I think it's time the move is made.

Bynum and Gasol are assets too so far as I'm concerned.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers shot way too many jumpers when it was obvious that they were cold, except for Kobe, even then he missed two BIG ones.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject:

This team needs to concentrate on perimeter defense, don't get suck into the paint, but this has been going on for years now, so with all the turnover in perosonnel, the only common factor is the coaching staff, so you have to lay the blame there.
SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I did think Meer would be a mismatch for the Lakers and he came up with a few big shots, esspecially that 3.

But Kobe had a good look to tie the game that he could make 9 times out of 10.

Lamar was the best player for the Lakers tonight not named Kobe, when he got the ball, he looked to attack the basket and not just stand there and take a jumpshot.

As for the refs, I think it was much more even then the game in San Antonio, they showed 3 fouls that should of gone the other way. The Nelson dribble that hit Fish, the no call on Kobe going to the basket and the blocking foul called on Rashard when Lamar went to the basket.

Out of the 4 games the Lakers had in this stretch, (@ Houston, @ San Antonion, vs Orlando and vs Cleveland), this was the game I thought they would lose but it might be something that fires the team up for Cleveland.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

vakobe wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
vakobe wrote:
Not disagreeing with you, but Odom was the Laker's best player tonight.

Choked at the free throw line late. AGAIN. He usually plays well when Kobe doesn't. They never play well at the same time. Lakers biggest issue is point guard... Not sixth man.

He didn't really choke. He's just not that good of a foul shooter. But I didn't say he played a flawless game. He was just the most effective Laker tonight. (Kobe's 4th quarter was horrible).

Who's fault is that? It's certainly not a "Shaq" situation, where he broke his arm when he was a kid... Dude sucks at the line because he doesn't practice. If he hits those two, rather than 1 and done, Gasol wouldn't have fouled Howard. Game clock ticks at a 2 point lead.

He just compounds problems when he misses late free throws.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

RG73 wrote:
jwang415 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I think this game goes to show that a defensive point is what the Lakers need. The only good trade asset is Odpm with his expiring. I think it's time the move is made.

as far as you're concerned
ttango
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

golden1 wrote:
Lakers shot way too many jumpers when it was obvious that they were cold, except for Kobe, even then he missed two BIG ones.

Check out Kobe's 4th quarter numbers to see how frigid it was. Can anyone say Antarctic?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject:

TerryTeagle wrote:
Andrew Bynum has officially morphed into Eddy Curry.

Truest words ever written on this board.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
this loss cannot be blamed on gasol, who expects him to win the matchup against howard.

Loss is on Fisher for lack of defense on Nelson. Trying to steal a ball from Howard when he shows it low.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
RG73 wrote:
jwang415 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

as far as you're concerned

Yeah, well I tend to not like soft 7 footers who can't rebound or play defense. That's just me though. I guess if you like that sort of thing, well, they're untouchable.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
we need luke walton back

Off Rebounding hurt us in this game. Now, I'll get on Bynum's case. I didnt have as much problem with his low reb #s in the past 4 games but today it was lacking.

As expected Phil took Powell out of rotation as soon as Sasha came back. You dont think he would've atleast tried to box out Battie? Phil just continues to reward good play with putting them in the doghouse.

Soon as Luke gets back you won't see Powell again for the rest of the season. But this is typical Phil, in years past guys like Turiaf would have a great game blocking shots and playing good D, then you won't see him for the next few games.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

DocK36 wrote:
This team needs to concentrate on perimeter defense, don't get suck into the paint, but this has been going on for years now, so with all the turnover in perosonnel, the only common factor is the coaching staff, so you have to lay the blame there.

They are constantly scrambling, scrambling, scrambling on defense, and they always seem out of position. Coaches need to fix this fast.
kok823
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe can't make every big shots, i can live with that, cuz no one can. Two nights ago in SAS, people thought Kobe should have taken that shot, now people are saying he should have passed it. Its hard to be a leader i guess.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

JUST-MING wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Loss is on Fisher for lack of defense on Nelson. Trying to steal a ball from Howard when he shows it low.

yes sir. 100%. no (bleep) way nelson should be going for 28. no (bleep) way.
Aseldo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol and Bynum were not existent this game and that's why we lost, Bynum is crap, but Gasol was at least trying and Rashard was getting away with so many freaking pushes on gasol that should've been called. That's the only reason Lewis was able to guard Gasol all game because he kept reaching and pushing and tipping the ball away and it was so blantantly a foul.

Fisher lost us the game, he gave away 5 free throws and a game winning three off bone headed plays.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject:

The turnovers passing to Gasol and Bynum in the second half of the game was the turning point.. You don't pass inside just for the sake of passing it inside.. I'd rather lakers get wide open shots off penetration.

Dwight was a presence as a second defender on Kobe AND dominating the boards.

Can Gasol stop flailing and actually attack? He also looks very slow these days.. Olympics catching up?

Defensively another PG gets it done again.

I'd rather Kobe play angry than laughing it up with Dwight.. he lost all concentration middle of the 4th.. shoots a three early in the shot clock with no ball movement.. then takes Dwight's challenge and shoots a jumper when he could have penetrated against the big man and get him in foul trouble..

Lakers just don't care enough right now to play 4 quarters of good basketball.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Gasol and Fisher in the same lineup is asking for disaster defensively. Sucks that we keep closing out with these two out there together.

that what coach Johnson said it did not work last year and not going to work this season. Phil being stubborn

Bynum-Fish is not too gold either.

and neither is Gasol and Fisher .we see how Phil handle this in the next few month
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject:

kok823 wrote:
Kobe can't make every big shots, i can live with that, cuz no one can. Two nights ago in SAS, people thought Kobe should have taken that shot, now people are saying he should have passed it. Its hard to be a leader i guess.

Of course he can't. That's fine. The team shouldn't be in the position of being in 1-2 possession games every night in the final minutes of the game. That's the mark of a .500 team, not a championship contender. We were like this a few years ago when Kobe had to carry the team all the time, and he actually had a really low percentage of hitting game winners then and he was shooting a low percentage even in the last few minutes. That's because his legs were dead.

Kobe can't be the hero every night. The team has got to pick it up or we're going to start seeing a lot more nights like this because Kobe will go into hero mode and he can't keep it up.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers need to bring someone in, even for a 10 day contract, Fish is going to be out of gas if he keeps playing big minutes. You think he's bad now wait till he plays 35 minutes + for another month, he's going to be out of gas in the playoff.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:

Can Gasol stop flailing and actually attack? He also looks very slow these days.. Olympics catching up?

The flailing is awful to behold.

And I think either he's hurt or yes, the Olympics have caught up with him. He's never played into June and played all summer and then been asked to come back and play at a high level on a contender. I just don't think he's physically or mentally prepared for that. He obviously needs to spend a summer working on conditioning and weights, but it's a bit late for that now. He's going to have to fight through this fatigue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56
Jump to: