***LAKERS @ SPURS Game Thread 1/14***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject:

TeamFarmar wrote:
it happened so fast, no way the ref was going to see the tripping call.

Kobe should not have given it up. He should have shot it or given it to Pau.

Also, even if Mason caught that ball in the corner, Fisher would have trapped him. There was no reason to go for the steal right there. you risk missing the ball or fouling the guy.

but they saw the travelling?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

DJ Qube wrote:
Kobe did the right thing. Ariza did the right thing. Refs did not do the right thing.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phil should've drawn up a play. Something at least better than the one we had.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject:

We could not have played better than we did in the 4th. Great defense. Kobe shut Manu down, Ariza shut Parker down and Drew did the same to Duncan. Ariza/Kobe/LO/Powell/Drew lineup was playing tremendous D.

Why the (bleep) did Phil f that up? If he thought Powell maxed out, fine. Put Pau in but no need to take out Drew. LO could've easily bothered Mason. We shut down their big 3, came back from 11 and we throw all that away by one possession to a scrub?

Phil is just at fault as anyone. Then Fish. Refs are refs, what did you expect?
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

Dreamshake wrote:
It was a foul....but they weren't gonna call that to end the game. Not for Ariza at least. A star like Kobe...different story.

But they call the travel? Unbelievable. Travel=foul...it's basically a turn over allowing for 2 points, or taking away 2 points.

Get it right or don't wear that shiny whistle and tight Dickie's pants.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

Would Ariza's shot have missed anyway if he wasn't bumped? I know they called a travel, but you could see that the ball didn't go down.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
Spurs fan: they finally call something on fisher

Yeah, nice foul call on Ariza when he cleanly blocked Ginobili's 3. Ginobili flopping for another phantom foul. Congratulations!
bynumite17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Thats the first thing i thought when i saw it! But hey lets not pout we got another game to get ready for!
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

OMG WTF! I guess it's a good thing I had to help my mom fix her epic fail laptop so I didn't have to watch Roger Mason's game winning shot (I heard about it from my brother and his friends).

LAKERS NEED TO STOP LEAVING 3 POINT SHOOTERS WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!1
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
It was a foul....but they weren't gonna call that to end the game. Not for Ariza at least. A star like Kobe...different story.

Yet they call that (bleep) "and 1" foul for Roger freaking Mason, like he was Reggie Miller. All the contact that went on in this game yet they decide to call that (bleep). Refs stole this game away from us. Couldn't let Kobe beat back to back Texas teams with three point daggers 2 days in row couldn't they?
Enine
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject:

ahhh

Fisher faked strange injury and went to the restroom to poo he should
have stayed longer
TeamFarmar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

CandyCanes wrote:
Would Ariza's shot have missed anyway if he wasn't bumped? I know they called a travel, but you could see that the ball didn't go down.

if he wasn't bumped, i''m sure he would have made a better shot, more arc on the ball. because he was tripped, his body was in an awkward angle..
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: scrub officials tonite

who the fluck were those guys
ttango
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: With the benefit of HD DVR-

It's a travel and here is why.

After the double team on Kobe, on he pass, Ginobili steps to the ft line and establishes his position. It's Bonner that is shading him towards Ginobili.

Trevor attacks the middle, that part was ok. Then he tried to split the double. The travel call cam because once Trevor picked up the ball, he took step 1 with his right foot. Tried to take step 2 on the drive but banged his left leg onto Ginobili's left leg. The issue is that Trevor's leg NEVER touched the ground and once his right leg came down, that is now and up and down or TRAVEL.

Great game, lousy decisions late.
lakerfanfor40years
Star Player
Star Player

Lakers should be proud of themselves, they fought back from 11 down in the 4th, being on a second night of back to backs, and short handed. They are showing some real grit and determination, character, the stuff champions are made of..

They played horrid D for 3 quarters and AB is NOT rebounding, which concern me.. But for gosh sakes, Fish is playing 40 minutes/game and playing his heart out, so shoot him for making a mistake on that gamble..

Kobe should have known the double was coming and driven in the lane.. NO WAY ARIZA has the ball at the end of the game...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
I think the foul came on the contact before he kicked out his legs.

I've watched it several times . . . ref is calling it on the contact from behind.

Regardless, that's on Fisher - no need to go for the steal and expose himself. Just stupid.

well said.
bynumite17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I think he was showing he had big balls by taken that shot at that time in the game. Thats the first thing i thought of.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: The game was LOST in the first 3 Qtrs

as the Lakers played absolutely NO Defense -- What do you expect when you you turn Bonner and Hill into MVPs?

The Lakers lockdown the Spurs for the FINAL 7 minutes and ALMOST Stole a game they had no business in winning as they were just LAZY tonite!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

Yeah, nice foul call on Ariza when he cleanly blocked Ginobili's 3. Ginobili flopping for another phantom foul. Congratulations!

You know what makes that one worse? The fact that Corbin went to see it on replay, clearly sees that Ginobili pushed off, yet has to back up Michael Smith for his idiotic call. Why not just tell Smith he f'd up and call it on Ginobili?
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Can you believe it? Two absolutely-bonehead defensive plays by Fisher to end games in the last few days. First he fouls a 3-point shot in the last second the other day; we just got lucky it wasn't called. Then he goes for an unnecessary steal and, after missing it, fouls a guy after he gets off a 2-point shot when we are ahead by 2 with 10 seconds to play. Better he should have given him a wide-open 2 -- the worst that could have happened is it would have gone into overtime.

Fisher should not be in the game on defensive plays in the last minute of close games. That was one of the worst plays I've ever seen a Laker make at the end of a game. Yuck.
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Our record has to be below 500 when Sean Corbin refs our games. It's almost a guaranteed loss when that fool is the official. Where's Joey Crawford when you need em?
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

You know what makes that one worse? The fact that Corbin went to see it on replay, clearly sees that Ginobili pushed off, yet has to back up Michael Smith for his idiotic call. Why not just tell Smith he f'd up and call it on Ginobili?

That's true. It was funny watching over his shoulder and all he does is verify Manu's behind the line.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanfor40years wrote:
Lakers should be proud of themselves, they fought back from 11 down in the 4th, being on a second night of back to backs, and short handed. They are showing some real grit and determination, character, the stuff champions are made of..

They played horrid D for 3 quarters and AB is NOT rebounding, which concern me.. But for gosh sakes, Fish is playing 40 minutes/game and playing his heart out, so shoot him for making a mistake on that gamble..

Kobe should have known the double was coming and driven in the lane.. NO WAY ARIZA has the ball at the end of the game...

This is spot on. All of it.

Now just give us 2 quarters of D. Just 2. C'mon. Begging you.
Since88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject:

bynumite17 wrote:
I think he was showing he had big balls by taken that shot at that time in the game. Thats the first thing i thought of.

Yup! That's exactly it! Kobe got some balls for taking those shots. Like he says, I can do it b/c in the summer I'm practicing in the gym... when most are on vacay or who knows what. Kobe is NO WASTE of talent that's for sure.

I'm going to the game friday...ORLANDO AND CLEVELAND will feel the wrath!!!!

OHHhhhhh I can't wait!!!!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Gellollo wrote:

That's true. It was funny watching over his shoulder and all he does is verify Manu's behind the line.

They can't reverse mistakes not associated with the 3pt shot. It's not written into the rulebook. Same limitation that lead to them granting Portland's 6-man score.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55
Jump to: