***LAKERS -vs- HEAT Game Thread 01/11***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Vlad on defense.. what is Phil thinking?

Why isn't Ariza in the game for defensive purposes? Again, why does Fisher insist on drifting down to the post and leave the 3 pt shooter wide open, we have 2 freaking 7 footers in there, what's he going to do in the paint, block shots?
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

Why isn't Ariza in the game for defensive purposes? Again, why does Fisher insist on drifting down to the post and leave the 3 pt shooter wide open, we have 2 freaking 7 footers in there, what's he going to do in the paint, block shots?

ariza gambles for steals more than vlad. also, vlad has longer arms, so if he was in position, he would be better at distracting the shooter
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

RG73 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Y'all won't lose vs Houston. We will probably be without Artest & McGrady........

The Rockets are better off without those two on the floor. You might actually give the ball to your bigs who can actually make shots.

Houston was a much better team with McGrady and Battier. They are completely different with Artest. McGrady and Artest can't play together, they're like Bryant and Odom. Good individually, but their games are like Oil and Water...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RG73 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Y'all won't lose vs Houston. We will probably be without Artest & McGrady........

The Rockets are better off without those two on the floor. You might actually give the ball to your bigs who can actually make shots.

T-Mac I may give you because the rest of the team seems lethargic when he is on the court, but the attitude is completely different when Ron is out there.

But you won't say we are better once Battier gets in foul trouble or rests and you see Von Wafer or Brent Barry trying to check Kobe. Can you say field day!!!!
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:

Ariza's offense is consistenly hot n cold, Fish is a defensive liability but has a veteran presence.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

Dreamshake wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
THIS IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER TEAM!!!

Man I could have told you that a month ago. It's not about how you win, it's about how you play, and this team is not very good. Expect them to lose 2 of 3 against the Rockets, Spurs, and Magic.

Portland didn't have Brandon Roy, and the Celtics still lost. They will lose 1 of the 2, maybe both, but they will lose because so many of our players have low BBIQ. And Orlando has two matchup nightmares for us Howard, and Nelson.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

10scott10 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

ariza gambles for steals more than vlad. also, vlad has longer arms, so if he was in position, he would be better at distracting the shooter

That's a big "if"
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Ariza's offense is consistenly hot n cold, Fish is a defensive liability but has a veteran presence.

You have to find balance. Fisher has the swagger and experience, but Ariza has the tools. At any rate, we need to make a trade.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

That's a big "if"

I agree with you, but even phil looked like he couldn't understand why vlad did that play
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Ariza would be in for Borat, and if radmonvich's offense isn't consistantley hot and cold, then i dont know what is.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

You have to find balance. Fisher has the swagger and experience, but Ariza has the tools. At any rate, we need to make a trade.

Phil could probably sub them in and out depending on the offensive/defensive scenarios.

edit: fixed the attribution

Last edited by XTC on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A reporter should ask Vladi why he left the shooter, I think it would be very interesting for all to hear what he has to say about that.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

10scott10 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

That's a big "if"

I agree with you, but even phil looked like he couldn't understand why vlad did that play

nobody can understand wtf vlad was doing there. just stupid, beyond stupid, really. even stupid people know to stay on your man there and run him off the 3.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

If the Lakers can make a trade for a player like Shane Battier at the deadline, it would be a God-Send.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Phil could probably sub them in and out depending on the offensive/defensive scenarios.

I agree. I wish someone would make a point of this in the forum itself, so it can be discussed more indepth.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
That's just greeeeat, no one tried to foul in the backcourt, but Fish fouls the shooter (lucky no call).

I guess the Lakers got their revenge this time, but another lazy Sunday game.

it was definitely a foul that should have been called. Last play of the game or not. This stupid rule they (the refs) go by (and not consistent in that either) of 'letting the players decide, swallow the whistle' is dead wrong - whether it benefits the Lakers or hurts them...
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject:

There it is, it's official. Phil decides whether Drew gets touches or not, so the team is following his instructions.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Rick Fox is hilarious with this 'Boston sucks' t-shirt
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else notice that on a few shots, Wade would jumpe up for the running jumper and would lean or jerk in the air like he's trying to draw contact or sell the refs on a foul call, the defender was no where near him when he did that. Is that like his signature move now? Kind of like the skyhook.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
XTC wrote:
That's just greeeeat, no one tried to foul in the backcourt, but Fish fouls the shooter (lucky no call).

it was definitely a foul that should have been called. Last play of the game or not. This stupid rule they (the refs) go by (and not consistent in that either) of 'letting the players decide, swallow the whistle' is dead wrong - whether it benefits the Lakers or hurts them...

Be that as it may, i can't ever remember Kobe getting a game ending foul call, and I've seen him actually get ridiculously hammered.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rick12322 wrote:
A reporter should ask Vladi why he left the shooter, I think it would be very interesting for all to hear what he has to say about that.

As long as Vlad didn't detect something moving in his peripheral vision, or hear a noise in the background, he might, just maybe, be able to focus enough to at least realize he was being asked a question and ask the reporter to repeat the question. I'm not sure he could focus long enough on one thought to answer it though.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

Wildchild027 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
THIS IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER TEAM!!!

Man I could have told you that a month ago. It's not about how you win, it's about how you play, and this team is not very good. Expect them to lose 2 of 3 against the Rockets, Spurs, and Magic.

Portland didn't have Brandon Roy, and the Celtics still lost. They will lose 1 of the 2, maybe both, but they will lose because so many of our players have low BBIQ. And Orlando has two matchup nightmares for us Howard, and Nelson.

Yep, and they're one of the best, if not the best, 3 pt shooting team in the league. They shot 16-28 against Atlanta and 14-21 against the Spurs tonight. Seeing as how we love giving open 3s to just about everyone, Orlando should have a really fun time from there against us
Hack-a-Shaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Man that was some ugly minutes at the end there. Thank God we got the W though.

It was probaly a foul, but in the NBA, you just dont get that call in that situation if your name is Chris Quinn

Lets hope for at least one win in Texas, this team seems to step up in big games. If Artest AND T-mac is out we should have a really good shot against them, and Spurs have lost some games on their on floor as well.

Oh and Odom said he might be back sometime on the Texas-trip, that's good news
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Lamar Odom sighting...

Captured: http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3939/lamarlh2.jpg
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
XTC wrote:

Be that as it may, i can't ever remember Kobe getting a game ending foul call, and I've seen him actually get ridiculously hammered.

I don't dispute that - it's obvious. It doesn't make it right...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46
Jump to: