BLAZERS -at- LAKERS - 1/4 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject:

Great to see the defensive clampdown in the 2nd half. It seems that P-land still hasn't adjusted to the Lakers strong side zone from the 1st game.

Kobe and Pau are such a steady, business-like and deadly duo. They are playing at a level that is practically effortless.

I appreciate Ariza off the bench better. As a starter, you have to pace yourself and pick your spots instead of making the immediate impact. Not that he didn't play well, but just that he brings a better energy off the bench.

Bynum, I don't know. This season is such a transition for him, recovering from injury, learning to play with Pau. This is almost like a sophomore jinx time. He seems awkward, especially his hands. Last year, he demonstrated some soft hands and an ability to catch and hold on to everything. This year, not so much. Still some improvement to be made.
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:

good win. Portland will give problems to every team they play, especially when Roy is back.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject:

Vlade to me seems like he has earned the right to play.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject:

On a loosely-related side note, Darius Miles is playing for the Grizzlies now. He got in 2 minutes the other night ... so if he plays for just nine more games, the Blazers get hit for 9 million worth of cap space.
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Great write-up DB. I think this Sasha tonsillitis game will go down in history with the Jordan and Kobe flu games. It was amazing.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Phil did not want to start Rad because he was afraid Rad would prove once again why he is >>>>>> Luke. But if he brought him off the bench he could play him fewer minutes and disrupt his shooting rhythm for a forgettable performance.
and his plan did not work
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I love it. The win, the writeup, the Vlad sighting.

Some things I noticed in this game. Sasha really does a good job of making point guards feel uncomfortable. If he stops reaching in he'll be the ultimate full court press guard.

Oden and Bynum are years away from being the franchise centers that these two teams can be built around. That's not a knock on either of them. It's just where there are at this time. Bynum is much taller and quicker off the ground. Oden is stronger. Still I'd say in a game of one on one Bynum would win 11-4. His offensive game is much further and his length just makes it nearly impossible for Oden to get a clean shot off.

That said - why the hell did we double the Oden in the post? We got lucky Blake shot like a junior high kid subbing in for one game.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't Steve Blake one of those role players that had a monster game against us in past years? Nice to see he was choking big time in this game because we chose not to guard him again.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Great write-up DB. I think this Sasha tonsillitis game will go down in history with the Jordan and Kobe flu games. It was amazing.

He makes Willis Reed look like a pansy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: