***LAKERS vs JAZZ Game Thread 1/02***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: ***LAKERS vs JAZZ Game Thread 1/02***

Can't wait to see this game, should be interesting and I expect utah to play very hard, we need to avoid any slip ups in under estimating an injury depleted jazz team.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
edwood94
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject:

Just 20 points for Gasol to get his first 10000 points in his career. Go for them, Pau
Comrades
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject:

focus on defense...and offense will come naturally..

GO LAKERS!!! lets GO!!!!
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject:

DEFENSE!!!
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject:

I'll be at this game.

Go Lakers!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
doven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject:

It's been like 5 years since we last played

Go Lakers

/exaggeration
Goggles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject:

Hopefully we start the game with a lot of energy and not just coast until the 4th.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject:

I'm gonna be at this game too!
thesource
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject:

I expect a sloppy first quarter or entire 1st half.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject:

boozer out but milsap says he can go. milsap has been a beast since boozer went down.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject:

Teamof2000 wrote:
I'll be at this game.

Go Lakers!

nice man where will you be seated? hope you have cool post game cap

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject:

Yay finally a game.
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Since I haven't been in the Staples Center (I have been to the Forum) what can and cannot bring into the arena?

Thanks!
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. Seems like years since the last game.

!...
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
Teamof2000 wrote:
I'll be at this game.

Go Lakers!

nice man where will you be seated? hope you have cool post game cap

Sec 113 Row 7

I'll try to get a post game recap after the game
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Over 206-207 looks like a very solid play here. Our offense + our PG's inability to cover PGs should be an easy cover. Williams is going to explode here
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject:

They still have Okur and Boozer out right? True they will have Milsap coming back tonight, and AK-47 but we have Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Bynum wasn't even there for the finals last year. Sasha is also a big problem for the Jazz, he matches up real well against Korver, which negates their bench. Now we Ariza as a factor too. I think both teams might be a little rusty, but I see the Lakers taking control of this one in the second half.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Daikatana wrote:
Since I haven't been in the Staples Center (I have been to the Forum) what can and cannot bring into the arena?

Thanks!

yo man nice have fun ummm.. I know they won't let you bring in bottled water/soda, etc. You can enter with a camera, and a closed pack of cigs. Can't remember anything else off the top of my head

Teamof2000 wrote:
Sec 113 Row 7, I'll try to get a post game recap after the game

Nice seats man, you come down from SF to see the game?

B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject:

To counter Pau/Drew combo, Utah may go with their big duo of Fesenko and Koufus.

Could be an interesting match-up.

Fesenko is BIG and can block shots/plug the middle, and Koufus can really shoot for a big.
Bombora
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I live in Utah and I LOVE when the Lakers play the Jazz. Literally every house in my neighborhood is a Jazz fanatic. After we win games I march up and down the street chanting “Lets Go Lakers”. If we lose though, it is a nightmare. I don’t hear the end of it for a week. All in good fun.

GO LAKERS!
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject:

We'll get off to an early big lead, Jazz will make it interesting late, but we'll hang on.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:

PREGAME

Jazz' starting five:

Williams, Brewer, Kirilenko, Miles and Okur

Lakers' starting five:

Fisher, Bryant, Walton, Gasol and Bynum

Key match-ups:

Gasol/Bynum vs. Miles/Okur.

Gasol should be able to use his height to have a big game against whoever the Jazz send out to play the power forward positiion. Miles is listed at 6'6. Millsap is listed at 6'8. Kirilenko is list at 6'9. Of those three players, only Millsap could present a problem for Gasol.

Millsap is listed to weigh 250 lbs. 250 lbs. at 6'6 is a power player. He might be able to use his strength to give Gasol some trouble but, I don't believe, it will be enough to contain Gasol.

The Bynum/Okur match-up should favor Bynum. Okur is listed to weigh 263 lbs. compared to Bynum's 285 lbs. Okur isn't exactly know to be a standout defender. That should play into Bynum's favor unless Okur gets hot from the outside to pull Bynum out of the post. If Okur does get hot, look for Odom to get big minutes at the 4 spot, while Gasol switches to the 5 spot to cover Okur. Either way it goes, the advantage belongs to the Lakers.

The only chance the Jazz have against the Lakers is to slow the game down to half-court sets. If the Jazz do that they have a chance with Deron Williams working the screen-and-roll to the basket. But even then, Williams has been playing hurt all season long so he might not be as effective as he needs to be to beat the Lakers.

After a nice lay off for the Lakers, it'll be interesting to see if they come out sharp or not. The Lakers have played three excellent games in a row. The Lakers always have to play at the top of their game if they expect to develop a championship caliber mentality.

Without a championship caliber mentality the Lakers will struggle against elite physical teams. With a championship caliber mentality they can give fits to any team.

With the New Year upon us, the long NBA season is going to start hitting it's stride as we approach the trading deadline. This is an important time in the NBA season as contenders evaluate how their clubs are doing and what they need to do as the trading deadline approaches.

The Lakers have five weeks to play championship caliber type ball to see if or if not a trade is in order. My opinion is this: If the Lakers can't maintain the type of ball they've played over the last three games, I think a major trade is a must if the Lakers are to compete with the physical East, who they'll face if they make it out of the West.

The trading deadline usually comes in the second half of Febuary. The Lakers have twenty-two games before the All-Star game is played on Febuary 15th. The Lakers have a tough schedule in January. They play Portland, New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio twice, Orlando and Cleveland. That's only January.

The month of Febuary starts with games against Boston and Cleveland on the road. That's eight game against physical teams plus the New Orleans game. The beauty of the schedule for the Lakers is this: They play all these games, against the physical teams, by the 8th of Febuary. That would leave the Lakers with plenty of time to make a deal if they feel this squad would have trouble against physical teams.

Yes, this is an important stretch for the Lakers to establish a championship caliber mentality.

But for starters, let's see how they do against a Jazz team that is playing without Carlos Boozer.

Source

Go Lakers!

Last edited by Texas_Pete on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I have to sit this game thread out. This will be the first game of the season I miss. I am being forced to go to a Ducks game.

T_T

Anyways, I expect the Lakers to win over an injury-riddled Jazz team. We musn't let down however. GO LAKERS!

And....go Ducks I guess even though I don't give a (bleep) about Hockey.
Osama YoMama
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
PREGAME

Celtics' starting five:

Williams, Brewer, Kirilenko, Miles and Okur

Lakers' starting five:

Fisher, Bryant, Walton, Gasol and Bynum

Key match-ups:

Gasol/Bynum vs. Miles/Okur.

Gasol should be able to use his height to have a big game against whoever the Jazz send out to play the power forward positiion. Miles is listed at 6'6. Millsap is listed at 6'8. Kirilenko is list at 6'9. Of those three players, only Millsap could present a problem for Gasol.

Millsap is listed to weigh 250 lbs. 250 lbs. at 6'6 is a power player. He might be able to use his strength to give Gasol some trouble but, I don't believe, it will be enough to contain Gasol.

The Bynum/Okur match-up should favor Bynum. Okur is listed to weigh 263 lbs. compared to Bynum's 285 lbs. Okur isn't exactly know to be a standout defender. That should play into Bynum's favor unless Okur gets hot from the outside to pull Bynum out of the post. If Okur does get hot, look for Odom to get big minutes at the 4 spot, while Gasol switches to the 5 spot to cover Okur. Either way it goes, the advantage belongs to the Lakers.

The only chance the Jazz have against the Lakers is to slow the game down to half-court sets. If the Jazz do that they have a chance with Deron Williams working the screen-and-roll to the basket. But even then, Williams has been playing hurt all season long so he might not be as effective as he needs to be to beat the Lakers.

After a nice lay off for the Lakers, it'll be interesting to see if they come out sharp or not. The Lakers have played three excellent games in a row. The Lakers always have to play at the top of their game if they expect to develop a championship caliber mentality.

Without a championship caliber mentality the Lakers will struggle against elite physical teams. With a championship caliber mentality they can give fits to any team.

With the New Year upon us, the long NBA season is going to start hitting it's stride as we approach the trading deadline. This is an important time in the NBA season as contenders evaluate how their clubs are doing and what they need to do as the trading deadline approaches.

The Lakers have five weeks to play championship caliber type ball to see if or if not a trade is in order. My opinion is this: If the Lakers can't maintain the type of ball they've played over the last three games, I think a major trade is a must if the Lakers are to compete with the physical East, who they'll face if they make it out of the West.

The trading deadline usually comes in the second half of Febuary. The Lakers have twenty-two games before the All-Star game is played on Febuary 15th. The Lakers have a tough schedule in January. They play Portland, New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio twice, Orlando and Cleveland. That's only January.

The month of Febuary starts with games against Boston and Cleveland on the road. That's eight game against physical teams plus the New Orleans game. The beauty of the schedule for the Lakers is this: They play all these games, against the physical teams, by the 8th of Febuary. That would leave the Lakers with plenty of time to make a deal if they feel this squad would have trouble against physical teams.

Yes, this is an important stretch for the Lakers to establish a championship caliber mentality.

But for starters, let's see how they do against a Jazz team that is playing without Carlos Boozer.

Source

Go Lakers!

Celtics starting 5...???

GSW 135
LAL 95

Result:

LAL 123
GSW 119
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject:

LOL - I'm cutting and pasting!! Nice catch!! Utilizing my editing powers...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31
Jump to: