LG Loses a Member of its Family (Flo'z tribute added to the OP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject:

My prayers go out to his family.

RIP
FatSam99
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject:

Darrin just e-mailed me and let me know about Phil's passing. My condolences to everyone, and particularly to Phil's family. I sort of feel like apologizing for only showing up here for this, but the way Lakerstalk ended, with Jill and then Greg dying, depressed me for months and made it difficult to be online. I saw Greg very shortly before he died, and some of you know the details of his death. His son had a new baby and Greg was depressed and the whole thing just distressed me terribly.

And now Phil. I had some arguments with Phil, but we patched them up and the last few interchanges with him were good. He sent me a set of Springsteen live CDs that he'd burned himself, and I still listen to that music today -- last time a couple weekends ago. I'm very sorry to hear about his passing.

Butcher, Agi, Jedi, CMB, Nugget, Rib .... good to see you all again. I wish it weren't under these circumstances.

-- Dan
mr_yogabear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject:

Ohh! Im Shocked! RIP Phil..
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
82410 wrote:
agi500 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
82410 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
Man, we've lost three people in the last couple of years. Jill (Call The Foul), Greg (T I) and now Phil.
Super sad news.
My condolences to all you lg guys and gals and Phil's family.

I apologize for not commenting earlier about Phil's passing. I haven't been on LG in months.

Peace, Darrin

Hey man, I hope this note finds you well. Shoot me an email when you get the chance. I have this very hollow feeling after this sad news. I went on a hike yesterday and thought a lot about Phil. I'm planning a hike to Joshua Tree in his honor. Talk soon.

Jedicon

Life is good man.
Jed, what's up? Long time no hear. PM me your email. Not sure if it's the same?
Sad to hear about Phil, really tough news.

Alpha, Jed, Butcher...man how is everyone? Phil is bringing us all together again.

I think that alone would make Phil smile.

Jed, I always had a feeling that was you. Merry Christmas and I hope all is well.

Was it the completely impartial Kobe takes?

Merry Christmas to you as well...you're still one of 3 or so must read posters on my list-(I sure hope you make some money writing in some capacity)
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: LG Loses a Member of its Family

DancingBarry wrote:
It is with deep sadness that I must announce the passing of a great member of this community. Phil Allen, known simply as "Phil" here, was hospitalized this past week after a car accident. Before he passed, LG and all of you were in his thoughts.

His niece said to say, "Phil is with Chick, high in the bleachers enjoying every Lakers game."

Well said.

The family said they prefer to remember his life without too much continued sadness about its end, and no response outside of this community is needed.

LakersGround has no flag to fly at half mast. We have no 21-gun salute. So, sound the cannons of your heart. Shed a tear for a loved one. Make a toast in his honor. Our dear friend, Phil, will be missed.

I am so sad to hear this. Phil was such a special and unique gentleman. I feel a heavy heart right now.

My prayers to Phil's family, but I'm really stunned right now...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject:

Damn. I JUST read this. This is really F'd up. I'm really shook by this. Phil was truly one of the standup and coolest cats here, and when he took over LG he was very open to people and their complaints, issues, and suggestions.

I could go to him with suggestions and questions and better than clockwork he'd respond, something that I felt was about as gracious as it gets at message boards such as these. Really cool dude and NEVER came at you in a foul way for any reason.

Rest in peace, Phil. My condolences to your family as well. You will be truly missed by all and I really hope the Lakers win it all for you this season, bro.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject:

Sleep well, friend.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Wow. I'm in disbelief.

Phil is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. I played basketball with him a couple of times and shared some long conversations/laughs. His perspectives on life were uplifting and hopeful. He had a beautiful soul. I don't know what else to say right now.

Goodbye, Phil.

He truly was an uplifting and awesome human being. I carry this heavy heart over his loss. I just can't believe it.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject:

R.I.P.
ShaoDaddy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject:

RIP phil.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject:

Sometimes life isn't fair, I hope each and every one of us takes the time this holiday season to hug our loved ones, no matter how well they get along. There are no differences that can't be put aside at this time of year. I sincere "I love you" is the greatest Christmas present anyone can receive. Hug your family tightly, you never know when you will have the chance to do so again.
Alpha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject:

82410 wrote:
C M B wrote:
82410 wrote:
agi500 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
82410 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
Man, we've lost three people in the last couple of years. Jill (Call The Foul), Greg (T I) and now Phil.
Super sad news.

I apologize for not commenting earlier about Phil's passing. I haven't been on LG in months.

Peace, Darrin

Hey man, I hope this note finds you well. Shoot me an email when you get the chance. I have this very hollow feeling after this sad news. I went on a hike yesterday and thought a lot about Phil. I'm planning a hike to Joshua Tree in his honor. Talk soon.

Jedicon

Life is good man.

Alpha, Jed, Butcher...man how is everyone? Phil is bringing us all together again.

Jed, I always had a feeling that was you. Merry Christmas and I hope all is well.

Was it the completely impartial Kobe takes?

Merry Christmas to you as well...you're still one of 3 or so must read posters on my list-(I sure hope you make some money writing in some capacity)

Dang Monty, even I knew that was Jed... you know 82410 is BZHIO in l33t... meaning Bees Heel... which translates into Jedicon...

j/p, nice to see everyone as well... as in the non-virtual world, sad that it takes something like a funeral to reaquaint good friends... although, like jed said, i think Phil is pleased that his life could do something like this... Phil was all about bringing people together ...

FatSam99 wrote:
Darrin just e-mailed me and let me know about Phil's passing. My condolences to everyone, and particularly to Phil's family. I sort of feel like apologizing for only showing up here for this, but the way Lakerstalk ended, with Jill and then Greg dying, depressed me for months and made it difficult to be online. I saw Greg very shortly before he died, and some of you know the details of his death. His son had a new baby and Greg was depressed and the whole thing just distressed me terribly.

And now Phil. I had some arguments with Phil, but we patched them up and the last few interchanges with him were good. He sent me a set of Springsteen live CDs that he'd burned himself, and I still listen to that music today -- last time a couple weekends ago. I'm very sorry to hear about his passing.

Butcher, Agi, Jedi, CMB, Nugget, Rib .... good to see you all again. I wish it weren't under these circumstances.

-- Dan

Dan, really, really good to see you... and yeah, i understand about losing Greg, Jill and now Phil... they really were like family. I just exchanged emails with Randy the other week (just seeing how he was doing). I really miss them.

Hit me up anytime, for anything... hope you and the family are doing well... the boys must be all grown up already.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject:

this man was a true member of the LG family. Rest in Peace dude.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

%$#&* I need to be more aware of the stickies. I just noticed this.

I'm stunned. Phil is an old friend from the Lakerstalk days.

Damn . . . I'm feeling sick.

RIP Phil.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:

thesource wrote:

Do nlbford, butcher and everyone else from LT know about this?

RIP, you will most definitely be missed.

I do now. I had a nice PM exchange with Phil a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to drop FS and butcher an email in case they haven't heard.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject:

RIP, Phil...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject:

butcher_24 wrote:
Super sad news.

Peace, Darrin

Good to see you old friend. I'm bummed about the circumstances.

Peace back at ya,

Nick
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject:

82410 wrote:
agi500 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
82410 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
Super sad news.

Peace, Darrin

Jedicon

Life is good man.

I didn't realize who some of you were here. It's good to know . . . and I think it would too.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject:

FatSam99 wrote:

-- Dan

Hey Dan, hope you can comeback and join in the conversations. I miss doing so with you. We had some great ones. Hope you are otherwise well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Wow...just wow. I had been avoiding LG for a few days, so I am just seeing this.

Phil was such a great human being. I had PM conversations with him that always made me feel really good about myself. He was such a wonderful gentleman and everything he did for LG will always be remembered. Phil will always be remembered.

Even though I did not know him personally, this bit of news is like a punch to my gut. This is really sad. He will be missed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject:

even though i never knew him personally, i still cant get over it. I thought about his passing the whole time while I was watching the game last night. its depressing how fragile life is. phil, like many of us probably had parade dreams for this june and now wont be around to see it. very sad indeed. as vlf said, hug your loved ones extra tight this holiday season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
even though i never knew him personally, i still cant get over it. I thought about his passing the whole time while I was watching the game last night. its depressing how fragile life is. phil, like many of us probably had parade dreams for this june and now wont be around to see it. very sad indeed. as vlf said, hug your loved ones extra tight this holiday season.

Good thoughts. I think Phil would also like it if you showed some kindness to a complete stranger as well.
cpioutdoors
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: LG Loses a Member of its Family

Sad news. May he rest in peace.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Very sad. RIP Phil.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Rest in peace, Phil. My sympathies go out to his family.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12
Jump to: