*** LAKERS @ MAVERICKS Game Thread 11/11 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:

They have exquisite chemistry right now -- you don't mess with that. They have a personality, an identity, and real espirit de corps. This won't be the last game where they spell the difference.

SGH

And thats the secret to their success. When they come in the game, they know EXACTLY what to do. That's huge for a player, and for a unit.

!...
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject:

With this roster, we could make 10 different starting teams up and everyone of them would look great on paper.

The problem is that you don't mess with the formula that is working right now. If we start to lose, then yes, you change it up.

Walton is not seeing the Court....that is a win all by itself!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject:

21_Blessings wrote:
Farmar should have been in the game. Fisher is terrible with the ball in his hands and nearly cost us the game.

Yup. To me, that was even worse that playing Luke for 3 minutes.
KobePauDynasty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject:

It's fine the way it is. We need to keep those guys together as part of our high energy, running unit.

The starters are still trying to figure things out with Pau and Bynum together. ANd Bynum still has no confidence and no lift. He's going up very weak.

My bet is that the starters will figure things out by the all-star break.
guitargodhoracegrant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
guitargodhoracegrant wrote:
GameTimeLaker wrote:
Pretty ironic that both games we played on the road this season (Nuggets and Mavs) were won by 7.

sorry, but i hate it when people misuse "ironic". in these cases, it is coincidental. ironic is when something is completely opposite of what you expect

ironic:

3. coincidental; unexpected: It was ironic that I was seated next to my ex-husband at the dinner.

where's the misuse?

hmm, i looked it up, and you're right. it's weird because i thougth coincidental meant two things that just happen to be the same. whereas from english class, we learned that it is something opposite of what you expect. i guess it can be argued to be true
anyone here in lakerland like the following musicians: Yngwie Malmsteen, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Angra, Vinnie Moore, Adagio, Tony MacAlpine, Steve Vai, George Bellas, Planet X, Pagan's Mind. if so, shout me a holla?!
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:
Farmar should have been in the game. Fisher is terrible with the ball in his hands and nearly cost us the game.

Yup. To me, that was even worse that playing Luke for 3 minutes, yo.

Fixed.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
KobePauDynatsy wrote:
This team is completely dependent on Kobe in crunch time. The six times that we ran the offense and went away from Kobe

Missed shot by Odom

Missed shot by Gasol

Missed shot by Ariza

Missed shot by Fisher

Missed shot by Pau....but he gets bailed out by a foul call and there was no foul

Horrendous missed shot by Fisher....but we get lucky with that it falls into Pau's hand

We got very lucky. This team needs to develop some cajones in crunch time and stopping looking to Kobe to be their superhero. He can't do it every game on every possession.

The problem is that the ball handler ( fish) or whoever looks for Kobe for round 10 seconds even though its clear Kobe isn't going to get the ball. The ball handler is therefore forced to scramble and a bad shot follows.

If Kobe is being denied like that, don't waste a good 10 seconds looking to feed him. That's flat out idiotic. Something needs to be done about that.

That's why we need Farmar in there instead of Fish. I know Phil wants to go with the vet in a tight game, but I'll take Farmar's and playmaking skills even if he makes a couple of mistakes along the way.
KobePauDynasty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
KobePauDynatsy wrote:
This team is completely dependent on Kobe in crunch time. The six times that we ran the offense and went away from Kobe

Missed shot by Odom

Missed shot by Gasol

Missed shot by Ariza

Missed shot by Fisher

Missed shot by Pau....but he gets bailed out by a foul call and there was no foul

Horrendous missed shot by Fisher....but we get lucky with that it falls into Pau's hand

We got very lucky. This team needs to develop some cajones in crunch time and stopping looking to Kobe to be their superhero. He can't do it every game on every possession.

The problem is that the ball handler ( fish) or whoever looks for Kobe for round 10 seconds even though its clear Kobe isn't going to get the ball. The ball handler is therefore forced to scramble and a bad shot follows.

If Kobe is being denied like that, don't waste a good 10 seconds looking to feed him. That's flat out idiotic. Something needs to be done about that.

I agree but it goes beyond that one possession. Everybody just stands around waiting for the ball to go to kobe. Kobe was the only one evn trying to come to the ball or do anything.
guitargodhoracegrant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Kobewan-Kenobi wrote:
FredG wrote:
guitargodhoracegrant wrote:
GameTimeLaker wrote:
Pretty ironic that both games we played on the road this season (Nuggets and Mavs) were won by 7.

sorry, but i hate it when people misuse "ironic". in these cases, it is coincidental. ironic is when something is completely opposite of what you expect

ironic:

3. coincidental; unexpected: It was ironic that I was seated next to my ex-husband at the dinner.

where's the misuse?

Ironic is supposed to be used for something that is polar to your expectations. That sentence works because you the term "ex"-husband implys that you guys are not spending time near each other at all, yet you sit next to him. However, when talking about the 7 point road wins, it's not as if you aren't expecting a 7 point win.

Here are some other examples:

Ironic:
The fire station burned down.
The criminal who murdered the district attorney didn't get convicted.

Coincidental:
The Laker's won both their road games by 7 points!

see?

lol, yea that's what I was thinking originally. but i guess the lakers winning by 7 both times can be deemed as "unexpected". but whatever, haha
anyone here in lakerland like the following musicians: Yngwie Malmsteen, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Angra, Vinnie Moore, Adagio, Tony MacAlpine, Steve Vai, George Bellas, Planet X, Pagan's Mind. if so, shout me a holla?!
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers just had a big win and we're talking about the English language.

How ironic.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Kobe scored the 9 points in 2min 38 sec (8:45 to 6:07) in the 4 quarter and they never gave up the lead there after.

The Closer.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
KobePauDynatsy wrote:

Missed shot by Odom

Missed shot by Gasol

Missed shot by Ariza

Missed shot by Fisher

that's why need to have either LO or farmar in in crunch time. they are the only other players besides kobe who can create either a shot for themselves or a teammate. pau can, but he becomes too tentative when we feed him the ball in the post in the 4th - he works better off the ball when things are tight for some reason. right now the team that's been closing games only has one creator on the floor.

Last edited by Luca Brasi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dirk is what he is. big man who can shoot and likes to shoot. basketball purists may see that as a weakness, but the guy can still ball.

plenty of great players who didnt win a championship, but some people just don't get the luck of the roll. doesn't change the fact that they were still great players.
RealityCheck
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

mhan00 wrote:
rad was in full on space cadet mode and was giving us worse than nothing. he was hurting us pretty badly while he was on the floor, so phil gave rad's remaining minutes to walton so he could bring ariza in and have him finish the game strong.

ariza may be young, but even young 'uns slow down towards the end of long minutes with too little rest, especially when they give you as much effort and intensity as ariza does.

the move i really didn't like was taking farmar out for fisher. our offense literally died after that move.

The starting unit can carry Rad and still be solid; bring Ariza off the bench insures there isn't a great drop off when Phil goes to that second unit. The serious minutes Ariza logs in the 4th tells who is the best sf on the team.

Phil's rotation is going to really make the Lakers stronger over the long 82 game season and have them fresh for the playoffs.
TheGOATWears#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Come on guys, we all know that it was a decoy! .......
"Love me or hate me; it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Never do that again Phil.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
seriously, it's time for Rad to come off the bench and Ariza to start.

why? rad would only be effective with our first unit, and ariza is still going to finish off games, so it's better to try to maximize the talent we do have rather than give ariza a, imo, meaningless spot when he's going to get his minutes anyways.

I think it would help the first unit stop getting off to ragged starts. He adds energy, off the ball movement, and quickness to a slow starting unit...and I havn't even got to defense yet. I just think he would help the lakers get off to a better start, and they wouldn't have to dig themselves out of such an early hole.

Rad will still be able to launch 3's with the run n gun 2nd unit.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I was mad when Fisher took that shot and missed it badly. He needs to stop being a Ballhog and stop taking so many Jumpers... Great play by Gasol, though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KoPauChicken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:

why squash our league-best bench to pieces?

doc rivers?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject:

We're having some giggles here at Luke's expense, but seriously I think Phil was doing one of his experiments. I think he anticipates having to look to some other guys for support tomorrow night and he wanted to have a look at Luke. Well, it was not a good look, and I would be surprised if Luke played at all tomorrow.
PauKoByn..err..DwiNash=ch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject:

that play was TEXTBOOK!
BaSSiStiSt
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I got an idea...why don't we wait to discuss lineup changes until we actually LOSE a game??

jaylen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I just feel good knowing we have starter quality play coming off our bench with Ariza, Farmar and LO.

We have the right mix with those guys coming off the bench. Although I could be convinced Fisher would be better off the bench.
Bas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Dont try to fix it, if it aint broke!
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are like the Shaq era. Down early, come back end of game to win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 66 of 68
Jump to: