iPhone Thread! All iPhone owners come here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't too impressed with latest iteration of iPhone other than an interest in seeing if they can make mobile payments take off in a way Google could not. Nothing they presented for iPhone or IOS 8 seemed revolutionary from a technical standpoint.

I was impressed with their iWatch. For Apple's first implementation of the smartwatch concept, it blows away any of the stuff I've seen from Samsung or Android Wear despite their earlier head start. While I don't agree with Jony Ivey's claim the appearance would make Swiss watchmakers jealous, it does appear to tightly integrate with IOS.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Wasn't too impressed with latest iteration of iPhone other than an interest in seeing if they can make mobile payments take off in a way Google could not. Nothing they presented for iPhone or IOS 8 seemed revolutionary from a technical standpoint.

I was impressed with their iWatch. For Apple's first implementation of the smartwatch concept, it blows away any of the stuff I've seen from Samsung or Android Wear despite their earlier head start. While I don't agree with Jony Ivey's claim the appearance would make Swiss watchmakers jealous, it does appear to tightly integrate with IOS.

yeah I dont know if Jony Ivey even said that.
Swiss have nothing to worry about.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

just weeks ago iPhone lovers I know were telling me they didn't want a bigger screen or a watch, lol I wonder what their excuse to want these new phones and watch will be.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
just weeks ago iPhone lovers I know were telling me they didn't want a bigger screen or a watch, lol I wonder what their excuse to want these new phones and watch will be.

Why would you care?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I had been going to switch from my iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note when my upgrade came up, but now I'm leaning towards the iPhone Plus. May now come down to how the reviews of the Moto 360 rate the performance and battery life.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Now might be a good time to trade in my iPhone 4. After fixing both my home and power buttons, which both broke within a week of each other, I've been worried about it happening again ever since.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I had been going to switch from my iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note when my upgrade came up, but now I'm leaning towards the iPhone Plus. May now come down to how the reviews of the Moto 360 rate the performance and battery life.

Reviews on the battery life aren't favorable, and you can tell the circular watch isn't in perfect harmony with the android wear layout: in certain places, text cuts off or things don't look quite right.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

I've been planning to upgrade for awhile now. I got the 5 when it came out and knew my upgrade eligibility would be perfectly timed with this release, so it's been on my radar. I was curious to see what what the 6 would be like. At first I figured I would just go with the 6 because I thought it would be more than big enough, but now I think I'm leaning toward the + now that I know it will have it's own screen resolution rather than a scaled one.

I'm curious to actually see the watch in action. The fitness stuff is intriguing to me if it is all it says it is. Might be me back to wearing a watch again. But some of the stuff they glowed about during the announcement struck me as useless fluff - communicating with finger paintings?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

DMR - also intriguing about the watch was the haptic feedback and vibrations helping to direct you using the GPS. If it works well, I'd be all over that if it would let me stop glancing at my GPS and rely on the watch vibrating instead. Definitely not a fan of needing to charge a watch everyday though.
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I have the 5s and love it. The fingerprint scanner is really convenient and works great. Especially useful for unlocking the phone when I'm driving.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
DMR - also intriguing about the watch was the haptic feedback and vibrations helping to direct you using the GPS. If it works well, I'd be all over that if it would let me stop glancing at my GPS and rely on the watch vibrating instead. Definitely not a fan of needing to charge a watch everyday though.

Yeah, the vibration feedback sounds really helpful in certain situations. And agree about the charging thing. It was one of the things that gave me pause - when I did wear a watch in the past, I wore it all the time and never took it off. Not sure how well the taking it off and putting it on each day would work for me. But over all I am very interested if not completely sold.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

My 4S has been overheating recently though I just replaced the lock button a month ago. Tempting.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm...just looking through some specs for the iPhone 6 and it doesn't appear to be IP67 water resistant. The iWatch OTOH is. Seems kind of dumb not to make the phone water resistant if you need to carry it with you to use the watch.

To be fair, only Samsung appears to be offering IP67 on their new phones (S5/Note 4) and Wear also requires you to carry the phone. LG G3 and HTC One M8 don't have it. Don't know about Nexus 6.

Also, they made a big deal about the iPhone 6's capability of potentially doing 150Mb/s LTE (LTE Cat 4), but the new Android phones like the Note 4 are being built for LTE Cat 6 (300Mb/s). Most of the newer Android phones already come with 802.11ac WiFi so nothing new there.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oliverginob wrote:

Why would you care?

clearly you care , offended ?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Hmmm...just looking through some specs for the iPhone 6 and it doesn't appear to be IP67 water resistant. The iWatch OTOH is. Seems kind of dumb not to make the phone water resistant if you need to carry it with you to use the watch.

To be fair, only Samsung appears to be offering IP67 on their new phones (S5/Note 4) and Wear also requires you to carry the phone. LG G3 and HTC One M8 don't have it. Don't know about Nexus 6.

Also, they made a big deal about the iPhone 6's capability of potentially doing 150Mb/s LTE (LTE Cat 4), but the new Android phones like the Note 4 are being built for LTE Cat 6 (300Mb/s). Most of the newer Android phones already come with 802.11ac WiFi so nothing new there.

Gah! Stop throwing in more info! I'm conflicted enough as is!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
oliverginob wrote:

Why would you care?

Not at all. And that's the point.

I couldn't careless about what phone someone else uses or likes (or doesn't like). As far as I am concerned, people use what they want to use or buy and it's no sweat off my back, so I don't discuss it - and I certainly don't chastise or ridicule other people based on their choice. Why would I? Doesn't affect me.

Meanwhile, there are some who have this bizarre fascination with what other people are using and feel the need to make commentary and criticisms based on that fascination. Not sure what that is all about.

That's obviously the category you fall into because you brought it up. You obviously track who said what about what device enough to the point that you anticipate their future reactions.

So again I ask my question, why do you care?
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Verizon is offering $200 for iPhone 4 4s 5 5s owners. So that's a good deal for this with the 4 or 4s who wish to buy the ipohne6 . Those tin 5 or 5 s can get more on eBay
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oliverginob wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
oliverginob wrote:

Why would you care?

Not at all. And that's the point.

I couldn't careless about what phone someone else uses or likes (or doesn't like). As far as I am concerned, people use what they want to use or buy and it's no sweat off my back, so I don't discuss it - and I certainly don't chastise or ridicule other people based on their choice. Why would I? Doesn't affect me.

Meanwhile, there are some who have this bizarre fascination with what other people are using and feel the need to make commentary and criticisms based on that fascination. Not sure what that is all about.

That's obviously the category you fall into because you brought it up. You obviously track who said what about what device enough to the point that you anticipate their future reactions.

So again I ask my question, why do you care?

Call me bizarre then. I have been laughed so much over the past two years by iPhone users at work since I went for the Note II. I laughed right back because I felt their phone was too tiny and hard to use due to lack of screen size, so yeah, I'm going to laughing at those same people who come in with the 6+.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know if I can finance the iphone 6 through tmobile.com?
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
Does anyone know if I can finance the iphone 6 through tmobile.com?

Why not? They do it for every other phone.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Apple never really seems to push the envelope with their releases anymore. They just take what's already out there and Apple-ize it and it'll be successful because of the branding.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Apple never really seems to push the envelope with their releases anymore. They just take what's already out there and Apple-ize it and it'll be successful because of the branding.

Steve Jobs= Leonardo DaVinchi. He's dead now. Apple can't replace him, no company can. He was a once in a century kind of guy.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject:

I'm eligible for my upgrade so I could pre order the phone and get it asap. My issue is deciding which one. I really like the iPhone6 PLUS but I worry about the size, I don't want it to become cumbersome and a bother to carry around. Also my friend has the Samsung NOTE and he looks silly talking on the phone with that big thing on at his ear. The issue to me is that the PLUS seems like the more complete product. Decisions decisions....
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Verizon is offering $200 for iPhone 4 4s 5 5s owners. So that's a good deal for this with the 4 or 4s who wish to buy the ipohne6 . Those tin 5 or 5 s can get more on eBay

Friggen Verizon. I'd be able to take advantage of that if you didn't add 4 months to everyone's upgrade date.

Also, looks like there's little reason for 5S owners to upgrade unless they're gung-ho about a bigger screen. Barely any performance increases (http://www.gainsense.com/2014/09/iphone-6-barely-faster-than-iphone-5s.html). But I suppose this makes sense, I thought the A7 in the 5S was ahead of its time and I suppose Apple's engineers couldn't really get much more out of current manufacturing processes.

I don't know about you guys but the 5S at $99 looks like a pretty good deal.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
I'm eligible for my upgrade so I could pre order the phone and get it asap. My issue is deciding which one. I really like the iPhone6 PLUS but I worry about the size, I don't want it to become cumbersome and a bother to carry around. Also my friend has the Samsung NOTE and he looks silly talking on the phone with that big thing on at his ear. The issue to me is that the PLUS seems like the more complete product. Decisions decisions....

I don't know if it's that much more of a "complete product." Besides the resolution it doesn't have much going for it over the 6 besides sheer size and battery life. And, the resolution doesn't really matter (to me) since 326ppi will look about almost as good on a 4.7" screen as 1080P looks on a 5.5" screen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 83 of 84
Jump to: