PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject:

sun yue deserves a in dancingbarry's recap for only that play
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Jack Kent Cooke wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
5-2 preseason for Lakers. Lakers start 0-2 and end with 5 game win streak.

Lets make it a 87 game win streak!

No, 103 game win streak!
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I've watched Sun play. He has ability. What he's going through right now is a bad case of stage fright. But he's getting over it. He just needs lots of reps at NBA speed and intensity. He'll get tested aplenty as everyone will want to take him off the dribble and dunk on him.

He's much craftier than he has shown (although he showed flashes tonite on that final scoring play), and because of his length, can be an adequate defender, although his lateral quicks aren't remarkable. His primary weaknsesses right now are lack of strength, inconsistent jumper, and inexperience. He can improve on all three with time and reps. He'll never be a blur or a defensive stopper (but what do you expect from a 6'9" PG?) but at his size, he can be a role player. Just give him time.

People who are calling him a bust already are nuts. Not everyone develops the same way or at the same speed.

OTOH, Westbrook is already pretty deadly. Give this guy a consistent jumper, and I see Kevin Johnson, pt.II.

SGH

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to put blazer fans in their place Tuesday. Get them off their delusional high horse. I want to disgrace Shaq and the Suns, make them look like has-beens. We gotta show the Hornets and Rockets we're the better team. Spurs are old and slow, we own them and the Jazz. Gotta punk the Celtics now that we're at full strength. Can't wait for the season ahead.
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He can improve on all three with time and reps.

Like the sound of that.
kobe24fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

good game
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I've watched Sun play. He has ability. What he's going through right now is a bad case of stage fright. But he's getting over it. He just needs lots of reps at NBA speed and strength. He's much craftier than he has shown (although he showed flashes tonite on that final scoring play), and because of his length, can be an adequate defender, although his lateral quicks aren't remarkable. His primary weaknsesses right now are lack of strength, inconsistent jumper, and inexperience. He can improve on all three with time and reps. He'll never be a blur or a defensive stopper (but what do you expect from a 6'9" PG?) but at his size, he can be a role player. Just give him time.

People who are calling him a bust already are nuts. Not everyone develops the same way or at the same speed.

OTOH, Westbrook is already pretty deadly. Give this guy a consistent jumper, and I see Kevin Johnson, pt.II.

SGH

Wow. Havent heard that comparison yet.. interesting. He plays very good D so he already has that over KJ and size.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:

It looks like Bynum's starting to get in "game shape."

Lakers shoot .551; Thunder only .385.

Now -- let's see that fire unleashed on Oden and the Blazers.

Good to see the Machine back. Heal up Kobe.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
Can't wait to put blazer fans in their place Tuesday. Get them off their delusional high horse. I want to disgrace Shaq and the Suns, make them look like has-beens. We gotta show the Hornets and Rockets we're the better team. Spurs are old and slow, we own them and the Jazz. Gotta punk the Celtics now that we're at full strength. Can't wait for the season ahead.

The Blazers will be good, but they are really young. They trail this team in development by about 3 years. They are athletic, long, and deep. Almost a mirror image of the lakers. But, like I said, they still have some growing to do.

Also, I think McMillan is a bit of a control freak (and slightly overrated as a coach).

All I want from the Lakers is to be consistent, and improve each month. I don't want them blowing teams out early on. I could care less. irf blowing teams out means more minuts for the starters, then I'm all for it.

But any vendeattas against other teams in the west? Meh. Just take care of business, get home court advantage, get rest but stay sharp going into the play-offs.

The main thing that can derail this team is complacency and a sense of entitlement. If they give consistemnt, mindful effort, they will be there at the end comnpeting for a ring. if they start to read (and believe) their press clippings, Kobe will feel compelled to pull them out of the fire in meaningless games, risking injury and needed rest.

Kobe and Fish have to crack the whip with first unit. Farmar will have to do that for the second unit.

This team is ridiculously deep.

SGH
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I've watched Sun play. He has ability. What he's going through right now is a bad case of stage fright. But he's getting over it. He just needs lots of reps at NBA speed and intensity. He'll get tested aplenty as everyone will want to take him off the dribble and dunk on him.

He's much craftier than he has shown (although he showed flashes tonite on that final scoring play), and because of his length, can be an adequate defender, although his lateral quicks aren't remarkable. His primary weaknsesses right now are lack of strength, inconsistent jumper, and inexperience. He can improve on all three with time and reps. He'll never be a blur or a defensive stopper (but what do you expect from a 6'9" PG?) but at his size, he can be a role player. Just give him time.

Thank you. I would have thought that we'd all (myself included) have learned our collective lessons about the young players that the Lakers are vested in developing. He clearly couldn't have been as bad as he looked earlier in pre-season because it would have been obvious to anyone not to sign him. But they scouted him extensively, stashed him away for a year, he looked good in the Olympics...he has some talent. We're probably not going to see it on an significant level for the next 2 years or so. Phil already has way too much depth and probably is going to be using a deep rotation for a large part of the season (he can easily go 10 deep every night, 12 deep if he decides to stick Mihm/Mbenga/Powell out there as well). Sun is going to be putting in his time in the D-league, in practices, and maybe during the occasional blowout. And a couple years of riding the bench here and having to practice against these guys, getting used to the pro game, etc, and we'll all probably wind up signing Mitch's praises again come 2010.

I think it is awesome that we can give him time and not even have to worry about it--he can develop pressure free because of the depth on the team. And for a kid who looks like a deer in the headlights right now, low pressure is good.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject:

His lateral quickness isn't great but he knows how to keep his man in front with his length.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
5-2 preseason for Lakers. Lakers start 0-2 and end with 5 game win streak.

You mean 6-2 with a 6 game win streak.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I have always thought the Lakers have done a great job of bringing up talent and not throwing them to the wolves in thier rookie year. Phil pretty much keeps thier minutes down so they can understand the triangle and then when they are ready, they make an immediate impact.

Bynum looks like a monster out there right now. I honestly don't see how anyone will stop the Lakers with Bynum in the starting rotation. They either double Kobe, or stack the paint with guys hoping to stop any lob passes but the thing I like is all the slashing we are doing around the low post and how good our big men are at passing.

And how the hell did we get Ariza in a trade for Cook and Evans?!? I mean, everyone wants to talk about how we stole Gasol, but we did actually give up a couple good youthful players and some first rounders. We gave up absolutely nothing in Cook and Evans. Orlando needs to really examine thier talent better.

Farmer is looking like a starting PG and he is like lightning when he blazes to the hoop. The thing that amazes me is how easily he can change direction...looks like a barracuda when he is flying through traffic.

And as much as I hate that we lost RonnyT, I see so much depth in the big men its sick. Granted I don't want to see DBenga starting or even playing more than 10 minutes a game, he at least hustles on every single play. He might be a little funny looking when he complains about a clear foul but I give him props for hustling.

Mihm...jesus that kid is a walking injury waiting to happen. I love that he is finally healthy but honestly...he needs to chill out on those hard falls. That one was a stupid move by him to make a block...in preseason. He could have gotten himself back on IR.

Overall, this was not a game, it was a slaughter. With all our starters in the lineup, we would have ran away with the game by 30 points. That is what makes us so deadly. We made this game look easy and we basically rested Kobe after the 6 minute mark.

I was worried about chemistry with the team and how Bynum would fit in but now, it looks like a Mid Season Team going into game 1. I really feel sorry for the fans of other teams because this is a dynasty that starts year one of the Ring next week.
RePLAY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Came back from the game. The loudest play of the night (equal to Ariza's facial) was Sun Yue's 1v1 play. True story.
sAM sHILE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
KnightsoftheRepublic wrote:
KBH wrote:
I know Mbenga is on our team but this is hilarious.

Where are all the people that were saying Mbenga could have helped us in the Finals?

He would have helped defensively. He's a better option at C then Turiaf.

No he's not because he doesn't know how to play without fouling. That's always been his problem.

We would have been giving Boston free throws instead of layups and been worse than we already were on offense in the Finals.

REVISIONIST HISTORY.
Mihm was called for bogus calls. Stu used to point out it, all the time. The refs would pick at him .White bot stuff. In time they would stop. He outscores Turiaf and is bigger. turaif was foul machine in the finals.41 in the playoffs with little minutes. Shot only 38% and 50% ft shooter. yuck!
sAM sHILE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject:

SGH

KJ. has not come close to "earning" that comparison.
Soon Yuee strruggle = TRiangel. lol
guitargodhoracegrant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject:

sAM sHILE wrote:

SGH

KJ. has not come close to "earning" that comparison.
Soon Yuee strruggle = TRiangel. lol

LOL. and Pow Gasaul goodness= quadricep??
anyone here in lakerland like the following musicians: Yngwie Malmsteen, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Angra, Vinnie Moore, Adagio, Tony MacAlpine, Steve Vai, George Bellas, Planet X, Pagan's Mind. if so, shout me a holla?!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: ***LAKERS vs. THUNDER 10/24 Game Thread***

LakerSanity wrote:
Tonight at 7:30 PM on ESPN

The last pre-season game!

Remember, Bynum had his best pre-season game last year against the team formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics. Hopefully we'll get a repeat preparing us for the transition into the regular seaosn beginning on Tuesday against the Blazers.

I'll miss the game cause I got a hot date, so you guys better represent with some good comments!
intro2all
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject:

Sun's gorgeous move.

http://pic.yupoo.com/wyy86100427/214986662ee1/medium.jpg
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: