Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 492, 493, 494  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8018
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:12 am    Post subject:

Good card last night IMO

Nunes = BEAST, one of the most dominant performances i've seen, controlled every aspect of that fight. Honestly have no idea where she goes from here, there's no challenge left for her.

Nice to see Cody take a more measured and controlled approach, then when the time came, he picked his spot and closed the show with that power of his. If he can continue that, maybe he's back on track.

O'Malley landed a nice walk off KO shot too, very entertaining.

Looking forward to see who gets put on UFC 251, hopefully some big names are available...
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Good card last night IMO

Nunes = BEAST, one of the most dominant performances i've seen, controlled every aspect of that fight. Honestly have no idea where she goes from here, there's no challenge left for her.

Nice to see Cody take a more measured and controlled approach, then when the time came, he picked his spot and closed the show with that power of his. If he can continue that, maybe he's back on track.

O'Malley landed a nice walk off KO shot too, very entertaining.

Looking forward to see who gets put on UFC 251, hopefully some big names are available...


I thought the card was going to be weak but it delivered big time.

Main event was embarrassing. Like bullet at 125 there is no one in the same league as Nunes at 135 or 145
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26604

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Good card last night IMO

Nunes = BEAST, one of the most dominant performances i've seen, controlled every aspect of that fight. Honestly have no idea where she goes from here, there's no challenge left for her.

Nice to see Cody take a more measured and controlled approach, then when the time came, he picked his spot and closed the show with that power of his. If he can continue that, maybe he's back on track.

O'Malley landed a nice walk off KO shot too, very entertaining.

Looking forward to see who gets put on UFC 251, hopefully some big names are available...


I thought the card was going to be weak but it delivered big time.

Main event was embarrassing. Like bullet at 125 there is no one in the same league as Nunes at 135 or 145


I came in feeling the same way man! Isn't it always like this? Fights like Izzy/Romero where we're chomping at the bits are snooze fests. This card was awesome despite my low expectations. So many devastating finishes.

Is O'Malley the most entertaining fighter or what? Obviously I mean in the ring because outside it's Conor, Conor and more Conor.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Good card last night IMO

Nunes = BEAST, one of the most dominant performances i've seen, controlled every aspect of that fight. Honestly have no idea where she goes from here, there's no challenge left for her.

Nice to see Cody take a more measured and controlled approach, then when the time came, he picked his spot and closed the show with that power of his. If he can continue that, maybe he's back on track.

O'Malley landed a nice walk off KO shot too, very entertaining.

Looking forward to see who gets put on UFC 251, hopefully some big names are available...


I thought the card was going to be weak but it delivered big time.

Main event was embarrassing. Like bullet at 125 there is no one in the same league as Nunes at 135 or 145


I came in feeling the same way man! Isn't it always like this? Fights like Izzy/Romero where we're chomping at the bits are snooze fests. This card was awesome despite my low expectations. So many devastating finishes.

Is O'Malley the most entertaining fighter or what? Obviously I mean in the ring because outside it's Conor, Conor and more Conor.


Yup JB! Or Lewis/Ngannou lol

Yeah O’Malley is on his way! There’s a budding little rivalry with garbrandt starting as well!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9249
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Good card last night IMO

Nunes = BEAST, one of the most dominant performances i've seen, controlled every aspect of that fight. Honestly have no idea where she goes from here, there's no challenge left for her.

Nice to see Cody take a more measured and controlled approach, then when the time came, he picked his spot and closed the show with that power of his. If he can continue that, maybe he's back on track.

O'Malley landed a nice walk off KO shot too, very entertaining.

Looking forward to see who gets put on UFC 251, hopefully some big names are available...


I thought the card was going to be weak but it delivered big time.

Main event was embarrassing. Like bullet at 125 there is no one in the same league as Nunes at 135 or 145


I came in feeling the same way man! Isn't it always like this? Fights like Izzy/Romero where we're chomping at the bits are snooze fests. This card was awesome despite my low expectations. So many devastating finishes.

Is O'Malley the most entertaining fighter or what? Obviously I mean in the ring because outside it's Conor, Conor and more Conor.


Yup JB! Or Lewis/Ngannou lol

Yeah O’Malley is on his way! There’s a budding little rivalry with garbrandt starting as well!



Johnny Walker -- He is trying to do it all
I watched this video last night.. This kid will figure it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0VPJZkLZ74
Johnny Walker - Walk Hard (HD) 2020
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Good card last night IMO

Nunes = BEAST, one of the most dominant performances i've seen, controlled every aspect of that fight. Honestly have no idea where she goes from here, there's no challenge left for her.

Nice to see Cody take a more measured and controlled approach, then when the time came, he picked his spot and closed the show with that power of his. If he can continue that, maybe he's back on track.

O'Malley landed a nice walk off KO shot too, very entertaining.

Looking forward to see who gets put on UFC 251, hopefully some big names are available...


I thought the card was going to be weak but it delivered big time.

Main event was embarrassing. Like bullet at 125 there is no one in the same league as Nunes at 135 or 145


I came in feeling the same way man! Isn't it always like this? Fights like Izzy/Romero where we're chomping at the bits are snooze fests. This card was awesome despite my low expectations. So many devastating finishes.

Is O'Malley the most entertaining fighter or what? Obviously I mean in the ring because outside it's Conor, Conor and more Conor.


Yup JB! Or Lewis/Ngannou lol

Yeah O’Malley is on his way! There’s a budding little rivalry with garbrandt starting as well!



Johnny Walker -- He is trying to do it all
I watched this video last night.. This kid will figure it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0VPJZkLZ74
Johnny Walker - Walk Hard (HD) 2020


Yeah I hope Johnny walker continues to get better. He has star potential
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26604

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Good card last night IMO

Nunes = BEAST, one of the most dominant performances i've seen, controlled every aspect of that fight. Honestly have no idea where she goes from here, there's no challenge left for her.

Nice to see Cody take a more measured and controlled approach, then when the time came, he picked his spot and closed the show with that power of his. If he can continue that, maybe he's back on track.

O'Malley landed a nice walk off KO shot too, very entertaining.

Looking forward to see who gets put on UFC 251, hopefully some big names are available...


I thought the card was going to be weak but it delivered big time.

Main event was embarrassing. Like bullet at 125 there is no one in the same league as Nunes at 135 or 145


I came in feeling the same way man! Isn't it always like this? Fights like Izzy/Romero where we're chomping at the bits are snooze fests. This card was awesome despite my low expectations. So many devastating finishes.

Is O'Malley the most entertaining fighter or what? Obviously I mean in the ring because outside it's Conor, Conor and more Conor.


Yup JB! Or Lewis/Ngannou lol

Yeah O’Malley is on his way! There’s a budding little rivalry with garbrandt starting as well!



Johnny Walker -- He is trying to do it all
I watched this video last night.. This kid will figure it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0VPJZkLZ74
Johnny Walker - Walk Hard (HD) 2020


Yeah I hope Johnny walker continues to get better. He has star potential


He needs to remind himself to put his hands up. His footwork and head movement aren't nearly good enough to play that game.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

JB Dana really sticking it to masvidal now. He just gave burns the title shot.

July 11

Card also has aldo vs Yan and Holloway vs volkanofski 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26604

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
JB Dana really sticking it to masvidal now. He just gave burns the title shot.

July 11

Card also has aldo vs Yan and Holloway vs volkanofski 2


I'm normally on the side of the fighters when it comes to pay but WME is absolutely hemorrhaging money right now. Despite that, they're still putting on shows and more importantly, the rank and file employees were employed throughout the entire pandemic. It's a tough situation but for once it's not a clear cut "the fighter is getting screwed" type deal.

I love Jorge though. He's an exciting fighter and one of the best "characters" the organization has.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8018
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
JB Dana really sticking it to masvidal now. He just gave burns the title shot.

July 11

Card also has aldo vs Yan and Holloway vs volkanofski 2


I'm normally on the side of the fighters when it comes to pay but WME is absolutely hemorrhaging money right now. Despite that, they're still putting on shows and more importantly, the rank and file employees were employed throughout the entire pandemic. It's a tough situation but for once it's not a clear cut "the fighter is getting screwed" type deal.

I love Jorge though. He's an exciting fighter and one of the best "characters" the organization has.


Yeah have to agree with this, and while Masvidal is a good fighter, and entertaining too, it isn't like he's a generational talent or game changing personality either. Until his knock out of Askren, casual fans would have no idea who he was, and maybe still don't. If he's expecting top level money, he needs to get a few more big names under his belt in my view.

I like him, and like to watch him fight, but it's not like he's really big box office at this point, he's a favorite of people who know a fair bit about MMA.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26604

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
JB Dana really sticking it to masvidal now. He just gave burns the title shot.

July 11

Card also has aldo vs Yan and Holloway vs volkanofski 2


I'm normally on the side of the fighters when it comes to pay but WME is absolutely hemorrhaging money right now. Despite that, they're still putting on shows and more importantly, the rank and file employees were employed throughout the entire pandemic. It's a tough situation but for once it's not a clear cut "the fighter is getting screwed" type deal.

I love Jorge though. He's an exciting fighter and one of the best "characters" the organization has.


Yeah have to agree with this, and while Masvidal is a good fighter, and entertaining too, it isn't like he's a generational talent or game changing personality either. Until his knock out of Askren, casual fans would have no idea who he was, and maybe still don't. If he's expecting top level money, he needs to get a few more big names under his belt in my view.

I like him, and like to watch him fight, but it's not like he's really big box office at this point, he's a favorite of people who know a fair bit about MMA.


And to juxtapose this to Conor, Aldo never earned a dime off of PPV points before he fought Conor. EVER. Not a red cent because his PPV's were in the 100K range. Literally abysmal. Dude fought Conor and the entire fight became a spectacle to behold. Masvidal got the coin for a fight with Nate who was still living off the pixie dust off of Conor. If Masvidal and Usman can't draw...who's f'ken problem is that?
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10592
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

That June 13 UFC card (including the Prelims) was a joke, maybe two decent fights. I know it was free, but I FF'd through most of the 6 hours of rubbish.

Bellator is laughing at Dana after that one...
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8018
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Moses wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
JB Dana really sticking it to masvidal now. He just gave burns the title shot.

July 11

Card also has aldo vs Yan and Holloway vs volkanofski 2


I'm normally on the side of the fighters when it comes to pay but WME is absolutely hemorrhaging money right now. Despite that, they're still putting on shows and more importantly, the rank and file employees were employed throughout the entire pandemic. It's a tough situation but for once it's not a clear cut "the fighter is getting screwed" type deal.

I love Jorge though. He's an exciting fighter and one of the best "characters" the organization has.


Yeah have to agree with this, and while Masvidal is a good fighter, and entertaining too, it isn't like he's a generational talent or game changing personality either. Until his knock out of Askren, casual fans would have no idea who he was, and maybe still don't. If he's expecting top level money, he needs to get a few more big names under his belt in my view.

I like him, and like to watch him fight, but it's not like he's really big box office at this point, he's a favorite of people who know a fair bit about MMA.


And to juxtapose this to Conor, Aldo never earned a dime off of PPV points before he fought Conor. EVER. Not a red cent because his PPV's were in the 100K range. Literally abysmal. Dude fought Conor and the entire fight became a spectacle to behold. Masvidal got the coin for a fight with Nate who was still living off the pixie dust off of Conor. If Masvidal and Usman can't draw...who's f'ken problem is that?


Yep, there is a big difference between being a good fighter and being box office in terms of attracting interest from viewers. Masvidal doesn't quite have it yet, and like you said Nate only ever had it because of Conor, i'd go as far as to say Nate Diaz is actually a hugely overrated fighter.

Am looking forward to the next card, it sucks we couldn't get Usman vs Masvidal, but I think Usman is too good at what he does to lose that one anyway. Usman vs Burns should be cool, and am absolutely looking forward to see if my boy Max can avenge his loss to Volkanovski.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Moses wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
JB Dana really sticking it to masvidal now. He just gave burns the title shot.

July 11

Card also has aldo vs Yan and Holloway vs volkanofski 2


I'm normally on the side of the fighters when it comes to pay but WME is absolutely hemorrhaging money right now. Despite that, they're still putting on shows and more importantly, the rank and file employees were employed throughout the entire pandemic. It's a tough situation but for once it's not a clear cut "the fighter is getting screwed" type deal.

I love Jorge though. He's an exciting fighter and one of the best "characters" the organization has.


Yeah have to agree with this, and while Masvidal is a good fighter, and entertaining too, it isn't like he's a generational talent or game changing personality either. Until his knock out of Askren, casual fans would have no idea who he was, and maybe still don't. If he's expecting top level money, he needs to get a few more big names under his belt in my view.

I like him, and like to watch him fight, but it's not like he's really big box office at this point, he's a favorite of people who know a fair bit about MMA.


And to juxtapose this to Conor, Aldo never earned a dime off of PPV points before he fought Conor. EVER. Not a red cent because his PPV's were in the 100K range. Literally abysmal. Dude fought Conor and the entire fight became a spectacle to behold. Masvidal got the coin for a fight with Nate who was still living off the pixie dust off of Conor. If Masvidal and Usman can't draw...who's f'ken problem is that?


Yep, there is a big difference between being a good fighter and being box office in terms of attracting interest from viewers. Masvidal doesn't quite have it yet, and like you said Nate only ever had it because of Conor, i'd go as far as to say Nate Diaz is actually a hugely overrated fighter.

Am looking forward to the next card, it sucks we couldn't get Usman vs Masvidal, but I think Usman is too good at what he does to lose that one anyway. Usman vs Burns should be cool, and am absolutely looking forward to see if my boy Max can avenge his loss to Volkanovski.


Mo what do you think Max’s path to victory against volkanovski is?

Usually Max wins by pace, range, and volume. I’m not sure Max has the power to affect volkanovski with that strategy. And volkanovski’s leg kicks nullified Max’s range last time. The guy is also built like a tree so I don’t see how Max gets it to the ground either.

My guess is Max will have to be MUCH crisper on the standup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8018
Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

22 i think you're right in that Max's approach needs to change.

Alexander was successful in using his leg kicks to stop range, and more importantly volume / pace.

Max's biggest strength is that volume, his cardio is strong and he's accurate but not necessarily that powerful, it's cumulative damage rather than impact from big shots. He can't keep that pace if his legs are taking too much damage.

Max will absolutely need to be crisper, and quicker. He will need to either fight a lot more in the pocket and make his shots count (and thus be too close to really be in leg kick range) or he will need to be in for a shot then out / sideways so he isn't a stationary or straight line target for those kicks.

The best case scenario for Max is he's quicker to close the distance, it's not really possible for Volkanovski to do much leg kick damage if he's being kept on the back foot. Timing will be important though, if you can't close distance quick enough without eating kicks then you're gonna have to make your footwork good enough to avoid the kicks and then strike and move.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
22 i think you're right in that Max's approach needs to change.

Alexander was successful in using his leg kicks to stop range, and more importantly volume / pace.

Max's biggest strength is that volume, his cardio is strong and he's accurate but not necessarily that powerful, it's cumulative damage rather than impact from big shots. He can't keep that pace if his legs are taking too much damage.

Max will absolutely need to be crisper, and quicker. He will need to either fight a lot more in the pocket and make his shots count (and thus be too close to really be in leg kick range) or he will need to be in for a shot then out / sideways so he isn't a stationary or straight line target for those kicks.

The best case scenario for Max is he's quicker to close the distance, it's not really possible for Volkanovski to do much leg kick damage if he's being kept on the back foot. Timing will be important though, if you can't close distance quick enough without eating kicks then you're gonna have to make your footwork good enough to avoid the kicks and then strike and move.


Preach!! Agree with all of this. We’ll see if Blessed and his coaches can make the adjustments
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26604

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject:

Lawd Poirier vs Hooker was insane. Poirier is an absolute dawg. Is it just me or do these fights without fans feel about 100x more visceral. The sound of the shots being dealt is kind of sick (in a nauseating way).
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lawd Poirier vs Hooker was insane. Poirier is an absolute dawg. Is it just me or do these fights without fans feel about 100x more visceral. The sound of the shots being dealt is kind of sick (in a nauseating way).


Agreed JB!! I have to look away sometimes lol. Also the small cage ROCKS!!!! No where to run lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8018
Location: London

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

Excited to see Usman v Masvidal, should be great!

Think Usman should win, but will be great to watch, Jorge is a bad mother (bleep) for taking this fight on short notice
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2119

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I had Holloway winning that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 6731
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

"The judges don't have access to the numbers like we do" - Bisping

To the industry: Why the (bleep) do the judges not have access to statistics? (bleep) YOU
_________________
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I had Holloway winning that


So did I. 3-2 at minimum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8018
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject:

Holloway got robbed there, I hate the judges in any combat sport, honestly question what they see sometimes.

I bought Usman did a good job, wasn’t the most exciting fight, but one sided to be honest, after the first round Masvidal didn’t offer a whole lot.

Card on the whole wasn’t as good as I’d hoped it would be, probs because my boy Max got a rough deal and the main event was not competitive.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11878
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject:

Poor Max. 3-2 win at worst.

Good to see Rose bounce back. She got caught relaxing way too much in the last round but she’s a lot of fun to watch for me.

Yan looks legit. I was wondering if he was gonna ramp up the pace because he was fighting right at Aldo’s tempo, in the pocket and attrition is what got Aldo in both losses against Holloway. Then, came Rounds 3 & 4 and off Yan went to gears 4 and 5 and it was all over soon thereafter. That was a very good and entertaining fight.

Usman did what he had to do. Can’t blame him but snooze. I actually came away more impressed with Gamebred’s durability than anything Usman did, to be honest. He took far less damage, stuffed far more takedowns and made the champ work far harder for far less than I’ve ever seen. Most damage was caused by accidental butts and I’d be curious how many of his 200+ total strikes landed were toe stomps, shoulder strikes and hammer fists to the thigh. It was a bill Parcels win 13 - 3 with time of possession 30 minutes in favor of Usman. But he won.
_________________
We back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2354

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

Stacked card that was spoiled by the last two fights. (bleep) decision in the Max/Volk fight, and a (bleep) fight in the main event.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 493 of 494
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB