Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 477, 478, 479 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Stipe should be the more desperate fighter. Because if he loses this it kills his legacy

Bout 50/50 in my eyes but like JB said hard to bet against DC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif
DC's knockout on Stipe

This was high forearm near elbow shiver to the chin and whole side of face

Very nice strike if allowed.. pulled him close with left on back .. then bam..nearly broke his head off
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Mo & JB, thanks for the response. Seems we're all in agreement on Showtime/Diaz. It's gotta be a lot of early, pretty severe damage for Anthony to get this thing done. It's a 3 rounder, right? 5 and I'd say it weighs in Nate's favor, regardless.

Caught my lone live event featuring DC/Stipe with the homie JB. That was a great night of fights. I was rooting for DC that night but figured Stipe had too much mettle to be outsmarted by DC. I was thrilled to be wrong.

You have to figure Stipe has worked on a TON of improvements to shore up his game specifically for DC and the guy hasn't been doing anything but that since then. Have to figure he'll have a great game plan heading in but maybe Stipe isn't at his best when he's triggered (which he seems to be) and that messes with his chances? DC may very well have his number too. I wonder if Stipe has been working on his left high kicks since DC still dips right a TON when trying to slip shots.

Agree that it's hard to bet against DC and I'd honestly love to see him do it again but would be anything but shocked to see Stipe get it back. But I'll go DC again.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Mo & JB, thanks for the response. Seems we're all in agreement on Showtime/Diaz. It's gotta be a lot of early, pretty severe damage for Anthony to get this thing done. It's a 3 rounder, right? 5 and I'd say it weighs in Nate's favor, regardless.

Caught my lone live event featuring DC/Stipe with the homie JB. That was a great night of fights. I was rooting for DC that night but figured Stipe had too much mettle to be outsmarted by DC. I was thrilled to be wrong.

You have to figure Stipe has worked on a TON of improvements to shore up his game specifically for DC and the guy hasn't been doing anything but that since then. Have to figure he'll have a great game plan heading in but maybe Stipe isn't at his best when he's triggered (which he seems to be) and that messes with his chances? DC may very well have his number too. I wonder if Stipe has been working on his left high kicks since DC still dips right a TON when trying to slip shots.

Agree that it's hard to bet against DC and I'd honestly love to see him do it again but would be anything but shocked to see Stipe get it back. But I'll go DC again.

Good talking to you guys, you always have good opinions on MMA. Defo all in agreement on Diaz / Pettis, just don't wanna see him do what Conor did and punch himself out early. Crazy to think that whoever wins probs still isn't up for a title fight, 170 is a loaded division.

Agree Stipe will have put in a lot of work, you'd have to figure the opening that was there for DC to clock him last time won't be there again. Think it'll be close and we'll probs get a surprise KO out of nowhere for one man or the other.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Good talking to you guys, you always have good opinions on MMA. Defo all in agreement on Diaz / Pettis, just don't wanna see him do what Conor did and punch himself out early. Crazy to think that whoever wins probs still isn't up for a title fight, 170 is a loaded division.

Agree Stipe will have put in a lot of work, you'd have to figure the opening that was there for DC to clock him last time won't be there again. Think it'll be close and we'll probs get a surprise KO out of nowhere for one man or the other.

To be fair I don't think they deserve a title shot even if the division was paper thin. Neither one is really a top 10 Welterweight imo. I guess one can make a case for Pettis but even then he'd barely make the top 10 cut.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Moses wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

To be fair I don't think they deserve a title shot even if the division was paper thin. Neither one is really a top 10 Welterweight imo. I guess one can make a case for Pettis but even then he'd barely make the top 10 cut.

Agree, I think with a couple more wins then Pettis will absolutely be in that discussion, but he's gotta take out Nate and then probably another top 10 opponent. If they got it now, then it's more the star power behind them rather than actual results in the division.

Actually can't wait for this card, the top 2 fights should hopefully be as good as they are hyped to be.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Mo you ain’t even mentioned YOEL THE SOLDIERRR OF GOD ROMERO vs Costa yet and that fight should be fireworks!! For those 3 fights it makes the card stacked imo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Mo you ain’t even mentioned YOEL THE SOLDIERRR OF GOD ROMERO vs Costa yet and that fight should be fireworks!! For those 3 fights it makes the card stacked imo

Preach.

That's such a crazy fight to me. I wonder if Yoel even bothers to stand up with Costa or just goes straight wrestling. Feels like there's a bit of a grudge going on here and maybe that leads to pride getting involved.

Romero is a specimen and, considering his age, it's ridiculous. Maybe this is the night that it finally catches up to him? If he wins, where does he go from there? If he loses?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

My bad bro, you've got me slippin badly here

I actually really like Paulo's chances in this one, he has serious power, thinking he'll win by KO or stoppage.

But yeah, really good card, I'm probs a bit biased because Pettis is one of my faves.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Preach.

That's such a crazy fight to me. I wonder if Yoel even bothers to stand up with Costa or just goes straight wrestling. Feels like there's a bit of a grudge going on here and maybe that leads to pride getting involved.

Romero is a specimen and, considering his age, it's ridiculous. Maybe this is the night that it finally catches up to him? If he wins, where does he go from there? If he loses?

Very good chance this fight gets personal and either fighter abandons the game plan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
22 wrote:

My bad bro, you've got me slippin badly here

I actually really like Paulo's chances in this one, he has serious power, thinking he'll win by KO or stoppage.

But yeah, really good card, I'm probs a bit biased because Pettis is one of my faves.

What was Paulo’s last fight? Against Uriah hall? I remember him getting jabbed into oblivion but having a granite chin.

If he’s worked on his defense I agree he has the power to KO Romero. But if he hasn’t I think Romero will land too many shots and hurt him.

To answer JB’s question on if Romero wins, I think it depends if Israel can beat Whitaker. If Romero and Adesanya win that’s gotta be the next title fight
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject:

Yoel "Soldier of God" Romero Highlights (HD) 2019

Adesanya wants no part of this type of brutality
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDUc5vWdxm8
Yoel "Soldier of God" Romero Highlights (HD) 2019

Adesanya wants no part of this type of brutality

Straight up Ninja Turtle. Jesus those traps.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Mcgregor sucker punching an old man for refusing to drink his whiskey is jon jones level of pathetic
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Mcgregor sucker punching an old man for refusing to drink his whiskey is jon jones level of pathetic

Before this even happened I was wishing they would just buy him out of his contract and let him leave our Televisions

Great fighter.. but just too much of a creep jackass to keep promoting

Keeping him under contract while he has behaved the way he has may have helped ratings at first but I think it made Connor more of an (bleep) than he may have been before.. *no punishment.. (bleep) it.. Ill get worse..
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

The Mac Life brought to you by copious amounts of booze, coke and entitlement. With zero percent scruples and common sense.

It's funny that just a couple days ago, Tyron Woodley was talking about people taking a breath before piling on Jones and how there's a bit of selective criticism when it comes to what Conor has done in contrast.

Dude may have a point. Imagine if Jonny Bones had sucker punched a senior citizen?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Pettis may put it on Nate tomorrow.

A few things at work with my line of thought:

1. Nate looks visibly aged to me. 3 years is a good chunk to let slip by.

2. Showtime looks, sounds great. Like it's all coming together for him right now: body, mind, skill and life outside the ring.

3. Has Nate added any new facets to his game? That Pettis strike game is so diverse and he seems to have more power at 170. Fight should be almost exclusively stand up.

4. If Nate is relying on durability, pressure and pace, 3 rounds may not be enough time.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Agreed on both your posts GTR.

I have DC, Pettis, and Romero winning. But the margins are close in all so I wouldn’t be shocked to be wrong.

Diaz claims no ring rust, but we’ll see. He could be very far behind the curve at this point
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

I did a quick search and couldn't find how much Nate signed for .. what is his payout?

I am not sure why they are hated.. I really like watching this dude fight.. Seems like a respectful mean tough guy that gives you all he's got until it ends..

11 fights.. is that common?
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/events/ufc-241

Those top 3 fights.. and just knowing there will be a fotn in a lower card..

Even if you skip all 8 below there should be 3 great fights in a row at the end
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Solid win for brunson. Pretty entertaining fight
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

PM if need link.. I'll try to check in and send
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

this is one that I am interested in ....Romero/Costa. I expect Romero to win, but I would not be shocked to see Costa take him.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Damn it.. Wanted Romero

Costa won..2 rounds to 1

Wish it was 5 rounds.. arrgh

(bleep) Romero has no knee kicks
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Why are they booing?

Romero got hit way more and did less
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Good fight but Costa won
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 477, 478, 479 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 478 of 499
Jump to: