Smack
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Smack

Let the fur fly here. Smack, talk about teams, players, debate trades, crow about your free agent signings, whatever's on your mind, bring it here.

Last edited by Sky on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The Penguins Mackarel slap the rest of the league.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject:

if i get my FA's. its on. I'll see one of you in the championship.
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject:

I'm very curious to see what Hiroshima does in free agency and trades after dropping that Atom Bomb of waiving their 2nd and thrid round pick.
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Dreams are made to be squashed... LOL
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:

Of course, seeing one of us there, and being there yourself are two different things.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject:

i just paid attention to that questionable trade. Grant hill for Earl the pearl. listen the man needed a pg. i get that. but if you have nique and ghill(pre anlkes). who do you give the other team to allow him to pair with the new sf with Mjay? you have to think fellas. you give him nique. WHY? i wont even explain it. I'll let someone else explain this one for me.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
i just paid attention to that questionable trade. Grant hill for Earl the pearl. listen the man needed a pg. i get that. but if you have nique and ghill(pre anlkes). who do you give the other team to allow him to pair with the new sf with Mjay? you have to think fellas. you give him nique. WHY? i wont even explain it. I'll let someone else explain this one for me.

I don't get it.

But for the sake of argument, he can really use Wilkins firepower or Wilkins can bring him back a more valuable player if he chose to deal him. So from that POV, its better for him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

I don't get it.

But for the sake of argument, he can really use Wilkins firepower or Wilkins can bring him back a more valuable player if he chose to deal him. So from that POV, its better for him.

get outta here cleva that question wasn't for you
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject:

That is an excellent question postandpivot. Clearly it was a trade that benefitted Cleva.

I have a question for you and your team though. Which player are you going to lean more on during crunch time... Webber or Eddie?
Soy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject:

C. Pierce

Wait, he's in handcuffs, throwing up gang signs and waiting for the refs to bail him out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject:

TIME wrote:
That is an excellent question postandpivot. Clearly it was a trade that benefitted Cleva.

I have a question for you and your team though. Which player are you going to lean more on during crunch time... Webber or Eddie?

Time out webber was in college. when was the last time eddie came up looking like an unclutch player? never. he was a super role guy. no more, no less. and guess what, look at the ....ya know what my roster isn't complete so i wont even say anything yet. lets see what happens at the end of free agency. then the smack will commence in full force.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Soy wrote:
C. Pierce

Wait, he's in handcuffs, throwing up gang signs and waiting for the refs to bail him out.

how do you think we got him to new york?
Soy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject:

If Eddie were clutch, he wouldn't have been traded in the first place.

And Webber......well.......he has the entire 2nd place Kings' legacy on his achy back. I heard he still tips out rebounds to a FatHead of Horry in his living room.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Soy wrote:
If Eddie were clutch, he wouldn't have been traded in the first place.

And Webber......well.......he has the entire 2nd place Kings' legacy on his achy back. I heard he still tips out rebounds to a FatHead of Horry in his living room.

nope, but that fathead is a good one

again eddie jones was never a star just a super role guy. we had an issue with that as the lakers. because we needed another superstar to pair with snaq fu. its obvious isn't it. snaq fu can't win without a ton of clutch shooters/defenders and a superstar(not allstar) SUPER STAR SG(KOBE/WADE+refs).

and last but not least. if you think eddie is so anti clutch. how do you explain the miami heat getting that far with that crew (Odom mr. so called inconsistent, baby wade, and baby butler(half hurt)? how do you explain miami giving the pistons a run for their money? just maybe that guy name eddie bones wasn't as anti clutch as you thought. we dont do anti clutch guys here in new YAWK. We're clutch and savvy from the Gm down to the peanut guy. he hasn't missed a throw in 20 years.
Soy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject:

New YAWK has been filled with guys who couldn't even get to clutch moments for years (and before then was Ewing, who clanked from 2'), so no pressure on Eddie.

You just said it yourself - Shaq needed clutch shooters. Rice, warts and all, was; Eddie wasn't. Dude was a solid player, but not great. As an opposing team, please, go ahead, put the ball in Eddie's hands in the 4th.
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject:

and Fisher...

We have our gameplan for Fisher in place. Muwawawawawa....
Fisher enters the game:

We will funnell all ball possession to Fisher. Play him for the outside three and give him an OPEN LANE to the basket.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
and Fisher...

We have our gameplan for Fisher in place. Muwawawawawa....
Fisher enters the game:

We will funnell all ball possession to Fisher. Play him for the outside three and give him an OPEN LANE to the basket.

Don't forget to pull all bigs out of the lane to prevent a bail-out foul call. Make sure to give him a WIDE OPEN layup.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure no one will be able to match my 7-year, $195-million deal for Tim Duncan... what? I actually need cap space? Dang!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Soy wrote:
New YAWK has been filled with guys who couldn't even get to clutch moments for years (and before then was Ewing, who clanked from 2'), so no pressure on Eddie.

You just said it yourself - Shaq needed clutch shooters. Rice, warts and all, was; Eddie wasn't. Dude was a solid player, but not great. As an opposing team, please, go ahead, put the ball in Eddie's hands in the 4th.

i'm loving this. boy oh boy if i get my fa's..... man oh man. keep it going fellas, keep it going. I just texted Eddie jones what you guys have said. and guess what. its now officially "LOCKER ROOM MATERIAL."
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Soy wrote:

i'm loving this. boy oh boy if i get my fa's..... man oh man. keep it going fellas, keep it going. I just texted Eddie jones what you guys have said. and guess what. its now officially "LOCKER ROOM MATERIAL."

Hope we didnt make Eddie cry...
Soy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Know what Eddie did when Shaq called him out? His own teammate?

Bought a cheese ladle, then slept in 'til noon.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:

Bring it to the Smack thread if you dare continue....

No hater here (I think you have a great team), but there's still one glaring weakness that I think a lot of teams will try to exploit.

Even though I don't have any experience in these writeups (this is my first ATL), I look forward to making one for Harlem!

Oh, and as for GOAT, I really can't believe no one is making a case for Kareem. If I could start my franchise with one player, I'd pick him in a heartbeat. No hesitation whatsoever.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: