The Brett Favre Soap Opera Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayaz3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject:

chazzz3dt_AB17 wrote:
Favre if you are going to sign hurry and make up your damn mind up so i can consider putting you on my fantasy bench

I need to trade up.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject:

On ESPNEWS, they just said many Vikings players think Favre will join the team by the next preseason game or at latest the third game.

Favre said he would have came earlier if he didn't have to take part in training camp.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912/The-vibe-at-Vikings-camp:-Favre-could-come-back
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Bynum08 wrote:
On ESPNEWS, they just said many Vikings players think Favre will join the team by the next preseason game or at latest the third game.

Favre said he would have came earlier if he didn't have to take part in training camp.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912/The-vibe-at-Vikings-camp:-Favre-could-come-back

And therein lies the truth...he didn't want to go to training camp!! A-hole!
ayaz3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject:

I called it...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
i dont care right now (as of...), but if he does sign, I think it makes this season very interesting!

It will be Favre Vick, Favre/Vick etc.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject:

Did anyone really think Favre was actually going to sit out? Seriously?
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject:

I don't care what anybody says about Favre, or whether he is an a-hole. I want to see him play.
I'm sorry if Sage Rosenfels doesn't do it for me. The Vikings won't win the Super Bowl with either Rosenfels or Jackson. Favre at least makes for a good story, and some good entertainment.

Here's hoping to a Favre comeback!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject:

n9c wrote:

A girl can dream
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
n9c wrote:

A girl can dream

This girl can too!
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
I don't care what anybody says about Favre, or whether he is an a-hole. I want to see him play.
I'm sorry if Sage Rosenfels doesn't do it for me. The Vikings won't win the Super Bowl with either Rosenfels or Jackson. Favre at least makes for a good story, and some good entertainment.

Well. the Vikings are my team and I don't want to see him play...on any team, especially the Vikings!
The Vikes aren't going to win a SB with Favre either and it does nothing for any kind of development of Jackson, Rosencopter or Booty...as young and inexperienced as they are. Look how he messed with the Packers young QB.
His ego is out of control...I wish somebody would break it to him.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:

That's the exact same thing Jets fans were saying, and all it lead to was one of the most embarrassing collapses in their history when the QB they cut to make room for Favre, came back and beat them to win the division in Week 17. So in a sense I guess it's good for the Vikes, Favre will end your season with yet another boneheaded interception like he's been doing every year since 96, and you can target a franchise QB in the 1st round
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject:

n9c wrote:
madsen35 wrote:

That's the exact same thing Jets fans were saying, and all it lead to was one of the most embarrassing collapses in their history when the QB they cut to make room for Favre, came back and beat them to win the division in Week 17. So in a sense I guess it's good for the Vikes, Favre will end your season with yet another boneheaded interception like he's been doing every year since 96, and you can target a franchise QB in the 1st round

Favre was in MVP conversation until the last couple weeks. He dragged the Jets to a 9-7 record, much better than the previous season. Yes, the Jets had a meltdown late in the season, and Favre's numbers dropped in the last few weeks. But he still had a respectable season and gave the Jets some hope.

Here's why this time will be different. Favre fixed his shoulder, so that shouldn't be an issue. And the Vikings are better than the Jets were last year. They have Adrian Peterson, and a very solid defense.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
n9c wrote:
madsen35 wrote:

Favre was in MVP conversation until the last couple weeks. He dragged the Jets to a 9-7 record, much better than the previous season. Yes, the Jets had a meltdown late in the season, and Favre's numbers dropped in the last few weeks. But he still had a respectable season and gave the Jets some hope.

Here's why this time will be different. Favre fixed his shoulder, so that shouldn't be an issue. And the Vikings are better than the Jets were last year. They have Adrian Peterson, and a very solid defense.

He was only in MVP consideration because of the name, not because of the play. The Jets had a solid defense, better WRs than Miami, a better TE, and the AFC leading rusher on the team, so the fact that they finished 9-7 with Favre and the Dolphins 11-5 with Pennington isn't something for Favre to be proud of. Not to mention, the entire AFC East had joke schedules last year. Of course Favre fans will blame it on the shoulder, but are you really that confident any kind of surgery is going to make you that confident on a 40 year old arm with that mileage? Even without that, Look at Favre's last few seasons, 2007 is looking more like an anomaly and GB knew it(let's not forget that in 2007 his typical INT ended GB's season in the NFCCG, in Lambeau). He's done
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject:

n9c wrote:
He was only in MVP consideration because of the name, not because of the play. The Jets had a solid defense, better WRs than Miami, a better TE, and the AFC leading rusher on the team, so the fact that they finished 9-7 with Favre and the Dolphins 11-5 with Pennington isn't something for Favre to be proud of. Not to mention, the entire AFC East had joke schedules last year. Of course Favre fans will blame it on the shoulder, but are you really that confident any kind of surgery is going to make you that confident on a 40 year old arm with that mileage? Even without that, Look at Favre's last few seasons, 2007 is looking more like an anomaly and GB knew it(let's not forget that in 2007 his typical INT ended GB's season in the NFCCG, in Lambeau). He's done

He was in MVP consideration because he was putting up good numbers and had the Jets winning games. Unfortunately, they couldn't sustain it and just barely missed the playoffs.

I don't see why you keep bringing up the Dolphins. They have nothing to do with this. Sure, Chad Pennington went there and got revenge on New York -- who cares? The Dolphins improved a lot and Pennington had a revival year; congrats to him. But how did your boy Pennington do in the playoff game? 4 interceptions and sacked 3 times.

I'm definitely confident in Favre. His shoulder was a big reason for the drop-off in production towards the end of the season. Now that his shoulder is taken care of, he can do much better.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

He was in MVP consideration because he was putting up good numbers and had the Jets winning games. Unfortunately, they couldn't sustain it and just barely missed the playoffs.

Like I said, the Jets defense and their backs were winning them games, and for the most part when Favre wasn't choking, he was just tagging along. Favre played a few great games, a bunch of mediocre ones, and many awful ones

Quote:
But how did your boy Pennington do in the playoff game? 4 interceptions and sacked 3 times.

Against the #1 or #2 defense in the league playing with a WR corps that featured Tedd Ginn(decent), and two Undrafted receivers in in Brandon London and D. Bess. Not exactly the WRs Favre had to work with all year. Favre was stinking up the joint against the elite Defenses of Denver, San Francisco, Seattle, Kansas City, Buffalo(twice), and Cincinnati.

It matters because you brought up the 9-7 like it was a good thing, and what I'm saying is that the Jets lost the division because of Favre

Now Favre's last 4 weeks he threw 2 TDs and 9 INTs. This is where you're conveniently going to tell me he hurt his shoulder right? Well what was he doing playing in those games anyway if his shoulder was that bad?

Quote:
I'm definitely confident in Favre. His shoulder was a big reason for the drop-off in production towards the end of the season. Now that his shoulder is taken care of, he can do much better.

The shoulder is your excuse for the last weeks(2-9 TD-INT, and couldn't even get above 62 QB rating), right? So what makes you think if Favre has another injury he won't try to play through it like he did in New York. That's all assuming that the shoulder was the biggest villain there and not the same old Favre since 2005(minus 2007)
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject:

You're not giving Favre his due. It's obvious that his addition to the Jets changed things. They were terrible the year before. As for Favre just tagging along, that is bull. He was playing very well early on and was definitely a reason for their improved win total.

The last few weeks were atrocious, I admit. It was sad to see Favre go down with the ship in that manner. It might have been the shoulder, it might have been his age, or it might have been his gunslinger mentality. I don't know.
I'm also not naive (sp?) enough to think that he will be some savior if he plays this season. Never once have I said he would take the Vikings to the Super Bowl. But he is a gunner and I love watching him play.

I think if Favre remains healthy, he can definitely do some good things, despit his age. He still has some gas in the tank and I think it's worth the risk.

And for the record, I am a Pennington fan. I've always felt some compassion for the guy and thought he got a bad rep.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:

But how did your boy Pennington do in the playoff game?

At least he was in a playoff game!
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject:

hig wrote:
madsen35 wrote:

Are you kidding me? Where was Pennington the year before?
Favre almost got his team to a Super Bowl the year before.
Pennington disgraced himself in that playoff game anyway.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject:

^^ I could give a rat's a** about either player...just making a point!
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
hig wrote:
madsen35 wrote:

Are you kidding me? Where was Pennington the year before?
Favre almost got his team to a Super Bowl the year before.
Pennington disgraced himself in that playoff game anyway.

And the year before that Pennington and the Jets DESTROYED Favre and the Pack on their way to the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=18346&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2002&week=REG17

Chad Pennington: 4 TD, 0 INT, 17/24, 196 yards
Brett Favre: 1TD, 1 INT, 16/33, 16/33

Pennington disgraced himself? Are you kidding me? He finished 2nd in MVP voting behind one of the best quarterbacks OF ALL TIME. Read that again. Pennington took a team that won ONE GAME the previous year to the division crown, and he did it by embarrassing his former club and the overrated, over-the-hill quarterback Brett Favre.

And LOLOLOL at almost got them to the SuperBowl. That was the anomaly year, and even in that year, he ended the season like he has every single year since 1997--with a poor decision INT that cost his team the game.

Not only that, but Pennington did it with a worse receiving corps, worse backfield, a worse TE, and statistically, the Jets had a better defense too.

Like I said before, and maybe you missed it, but Pennington had garbage receivers and he was going up against the #1 pass defense and the #2 rush defense in the league in that playoff game. Favre was getting (bleep) on by some of the worst defenses in the league, and not to mention, that Denver game in the rain he didn't even have the balls to show up for.

You seem to be still living in the 90s it seems. Favre is the HOF QB and Pennington is not, we all know that, but it's not 1999 anymore.

And as to your question of where Pennington was the year before, he was with the New York Jets, got injured and prior to that was playing behind of the worst offensive lines ever. Prior to that, he's taken quite mediocre clubs to the playoffs.

Favre is about to backstab one of the most classiest organizations in football that gave him everything he ever wanted, even after all the jerking around he did and all those teary-eyed press conferences. And he's going to do it by going to their biggest rival. That's the definition of a punk b*tch. Imagine if Kobe wanted to finish his career with the Boston Celtics? I hope the Packers beat the snot out of this phony.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I didn't say Pennington had a disgraceful season. I said he disgraced himself in the playoff game.

You wanna talk about Favre throwing interceptions? Let's talk about Chad's 4 interceptions. It takes some quarterbacks several games to acquire that many. He only had 7 interceptions all year, and in that playoff game alone, he threw 4. As much as I root for Chad, he blew it.

Again, I'm not sure if you are understanding me: I LIKE Pennington as well as Favre. I agree that he is underrated. And I am pulling for him, because I like him and don't like the insults thrown on him. But I admit he blew that playoff game.

Back to Favre... once again, I never said he is a savior. I never said he is the best quarterback ever -- because that's Steve Young . I only said he is entertaining and gives the Vikings as much a shot of winning as they would have with their current QB's.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Oh and by the way, this is frickin America. Favre has every right to play, no matter if he retired for the 3rd time or not. If the Vikings want him, he can play. You don't have to like it, which is fine. But Brett can do what he pleases.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
I didn't say Pennington had a disgraceful season. I said he disgraced himself in the playoff game.

You wanna talk about Favre throwing interceptions? Let's talk about Chad's 4 interceptions. It takes some quarterbacks several games to acquire that many. He only had 7 interceptions all year, and in that playoff game alone, he threw 4. As much as I root for Chad, he blew it.

Again, I'm not sure if you are understanding me: I LIKE Pennington as well as Favre. I agree that he is underrated. And I am pulling for him, because I like him and don't like the insults thrown on him. But I admit he blew that playoff game.

Back to Favre... once again, I never said he is a savior. I never said he is the best quarterback ever -- because that's Steve Young .

Yeah, but he threw those 4 against the best secondary in the league. Favre threw 9 in 4 against some of the worst secondary's in the league

Quote:
I only said he is entertaining and gives the Vikings as much a shot of winning as they would have with their current QB's.

I disagree. I picked the Vikes to make the SB under the pretense that Sage or Tarvaris would be playing as a game managers for your team. Feel free to bump this if I'm wrong but if Favre signs with the Vikes, he will be the reason you lose.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
Oh and by the way, this is frickin America. Favre has every right to play, no matter if he retired for the 3rd time or not. If the Vikings want him, he can play. You don't have to like it, which is fine. But Brett can do what he pleases.

Yes and likewise I have every reason to call him out for being the punk b*tch that he is. Not only for signing with a hated rival but for also seemingly being a drama queen to

a) Avoid training camp and only join after they're over
b) Playing with an injury and hurting his teams chances(the Jets) to advance because he wants to keep his starting record in tact. That's me assuming that there was an injury to begin with(according to his fans anyway)
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject:

n9c wrote:
madsen35 wrote:

Yes and likewise I have every reason to call him out for being the punk b*tch that he is. Not only for signing with a hated rival but for also seemingly being a drama queen to

a) Avoid training camp and only join after they're over
b) Playing with an injury and hurting his teams chances(the Jets) to advance because he wants to keep his starting record in tact. That's me assuming that there was an injury to begin with(according to his fans anyway)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: