The roster (Full Laker Roster P. 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject:

I kinda like Bryant Dunston.Very physical but a kinda slow
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject:

I'm rooting for James White.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject:

TNLakersFanInLA wrote:
Taj White and James White.... interesting.... I have always liked both these guys, hopefully they impress.

Needs a little bleach, I think he is Taj Gray
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject:

There is a blog in OC Register mentioning the scrimmage against the Clips summer team. Yi Li dribbled the ball off his leg and out of bounds on two consecutive possessions. That's about all it said
laker_guerilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: James White on Laker Summer League squad

At long last ... does he have a shot? He played in Turkey last season.

This was forwarded to me via email so I don't know the link source ... somebody pls confirm?

Quote:
The Lakers’ summer league team took the court for their scrimmage against the Clippers with a starting lineup that featured Coby Karl and Joe Crawford in the backcourt, James White and Taj Gray at forward, and Lorenzo Mata-Real at center.

The Clippers countered with NBA all-rookie first-team pick Al Thornton, second-year player Nick Fazekas, first-round draft pick Eric Gordon, second-round draft pick DeAndre Jordan and rookie Mike Taylor.

As expected, the Lakers looked disjointed in the early minutes, as the intricate responsibilities in the triangle offense can be confusing.

JMon348
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject:

LakersRBack21 wrote:
LakersFanKB#24 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Taj Gray? I remember him.

He was a solid big man at USC. He's undersized, but is also a good rebounder.

Wrong . He is from maryland. I believe same time as lonny baxter.

WRONG!!

You are thinking of Taj Holden(sp?) Only reason I know is because one of my friends, best friends is married to him.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject:

it is from a blog from the ocregister
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject:

and heres the link to the full roster

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2008/team/index.jsp?team=lakers
PrestoDone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject:

James White Dunk Contest 2006

Damn, I hope he makes the Squad. He definitely has a lot of Athleticism. Hows His Shooting??

Xbox360 Gamer Tag: PrestoDone
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
PrestoDone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject:

From DraftExpress.com

Quote:
Strengths
A world class athlete, White could have been a track and field star had he chosen not to play basketball. He is one of the best leapers in this draft, with an incredible vertical leap that will surely secure him a spot in next year’s dunk contest. He elevates off the floor as quickly as anyone in this draft, and has great hangtime to help him finish at the rim emphatically in crowd pleasing fashion. White also has excellent footspeed and overall quickness, which comes to play mostly in the work he does in transition as well as on the defensive end. White has prototypical size for the swingman position at approximately 6-7 and very good length. His conditioning level is fantastic and you’d rarely see him leave the floor playing for Cincinnati. On physical attributes alone, White is one of the most attractive players in this draft at his position.

Offensively, White has made consistent improvement over his four year college career. This is most noticeable in his ball-handling, which allowed him to bring the ball up the floor and even handle the point guard position at times for Cincinnati. White is an unselfish player by nature, certainly to a fault at times, and has shown to be capable of making intelligent and highly creative passes thanks to his very solid court vision, and even run an offense semi-effectively. The range on his shot has also improved dramatically, to the point that he shot 37.4% from the NCAA 3-point line, albeit mostly on spot-up threes. His mechanics smooth when he sticks to them and it would not be a shock to see him develop in a solid NBA 3-point shooter. In transition is where White is truly at his best, as he flies up and down the court in the open floor and is able to beat point guards down the court after he gets going on his 2nd or 3rd dribble.

Defensively is where White currently stands out the most as far as his NBA draft potential goes. He has good length and outstanding lateral quickness, being able to stay in front of almost anyone at the college level when focused and be a real threat in the passing lanes. He’s extremely versatile in the sense that he’s been asked to defend every position from the 1-4 in college, and has generally enjoyed great success doing so.

In terms of intangibles, his mentality and overall toughness have been questioned repeatedly over the past four years, but his coaching staff raves about his work ethic. Although he never quite developed into the superstar many envisioned him becoming out of high school, he has improved significantly and is a fairly complete all-around player.

Weaknesses
After five years in college, the light bulb still hasn’t fully come on for White, and there are serious question marks over whether it ever will. He gets into extended funks at times that can last for an entire game at best or a few weeks at worst, and has a tendency to become very passive when things get tough. During these stretches he would fail to assert himself in his team’s offense even when they need him to most, passing up wide open shots or settling for terrible ones, committing dumb fouls and generally displaying poor body language. Both his mental and physical toughness have been questioned repeatedly over the past few years.

Offensively, there is little doubt that White is an incredible athlete, but for someone with his set of tools, he really doesn’t use them nearly as much as he should. His slashing game is the part of his game that is most improvable, due to what you’d think he’d possess in terms of an incredible first step. White is not the most fluid player around, being a little bit too upright when handling the ball, and he lacks the body control needed to be able to slash to the basket efficiently through traffic. For all of his ridiculous athleticism, it’s hard to think of too many instances where he made a highlight reel play in a halfcourt set. He certainly lacks polish in terms of creating separation from his defender, whether it’s with advanced ball-handling moves or pulling up sharply off the dribble from mid-range. His decision making in general could use some work, as well as his shot selection. White is a pretty good outside shooter right now but is still prone to bouts of streakiness. Adding range to his shot is a priority, and becoming more versatile in terms of being able to consistently knockdown shots off the dribble would help.

Defensively he has great potential as mentioned, but seems to lack a bit of focus at times and will not apply himself to stopping his man as much as you’d hope on a consistent basis.

Sounds Like he has alot of upside

Xbox360 Gamer Tag: PrestoDone
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersRBack21 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Samb looked much thicker the last time Detroit played the Lakers, he hit the weight room, that is for sure. He is sure athletic and he can get off the floor. He might be a good back up C one day.

You know, out of all of the guys on the roster, I am most intrigued by Ced Bozeman. He had some really good run with the Hawks when all of their PG's were hurt and he can really get on it on the defensive side of the ball. The guy is also very big for being a PG, he could play SG if needed.

His big weakness is his shooting. We will see if this has improved.

He was the most overrated recruit in UCLA history. I dont know how this guy was ranked soo high. He is flat out horrible.

Yeah, he did not play well at UCLA, he had injury problems. I did see him get some run with the Hawks and his D and handles looked pretty good. I did check his stats though, man, that shooting is beyond horrible. Maybe I should not send Coby down the river so quicly. Coby has some heart and he can play some pretty physical D with that big wingspan of his.
ElginWorthy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Nik Caner-Medley was an excellent player for Maryland until he got hurt.

Great court awareness, very high basketball IQ, and a better athlete than Luke Walton. About the same size.

He had a very bad injury and may not have ever recovered. Would be very interested in hearing about his development with the Lakers.

If he ever got back to where he was prior to the injury, he would be an improvement over Walton.

Great kid, too.
ElginWorthy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject:

JMon348 wrote:
LakersRBack21 wrote:
LakersFanKB#24 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Taj Gray? I remember him.

He was a solid big man at USC. He's undersized, but is also a good rebounder.

Wrong . He is from maryland. I believe same time as lonny baxter.

WRONG!!

You are thinking of Taj Holden(sp?) Only reason I know is because one of my friends, best friends is married to him.

Yeah, Holden was an important part of the Maryland championship run. A very big forward who could shoot from the outside. 6'10". Big kid.

Not real athletic. But a great shooter. And you couldn't move him out of position.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Taj Gray was from the University of Oklahoma. Taj should have been a 1st round draft pick a couple of years ago, but he slipped in the draft.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Keeping an eye on Jefferson, Mata-Real, and Karl.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Keeping an eye on Jefferson, Mata-Real, and Karl.

I wish mata the best even though he wont make the team. He went to a local high school(south gate high)
seble24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject:

As a Dayton alum, don't sleep on Brian Roberts. Undersized and not super athletic, but very polished offensive player. Had to carry the team offensively the last couple years, so it's hard to say if he could play PG, but he's a solid ball handler. Tremendous shooter...shot 41%+ in all 4 seasons.

Doubt he sticks with us, but I could see him being a good bench player in the league for somebody.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfield wrote:
Link to Lakers summer league roster.

Link

1 Cedric Bozeman G 6-6 220 UCLA
25 Pat Calathes F 6-10 210
15 Nik Caner-Medley F 6-8 240 Maryland
12 Joe Crawford G 6-5 207 Kentucky
26 Bryant Dunston F 6-9 250
20 Sharrod Ford F 6-9 235 Clemson
21 Taj Gray F 6-9 230
34 James Hughes C 6-11 225 Northern Illinois
23 Davon Jefferson F 6-7 215
2 Dontell Jefferson G 6-5 200 Arkansas
11 Coby Karl G 6-5 210 Boise State
4 Thomas Kelati G/F 6-5 210
9 Marcelus Kemp G 6-5 210
24 Sean Lampley F 6-8 230 California
22 Yi Li F 6-9 210
31 Lorenzo Mata-Real F 6-9 245
3 Dwayne Mitchell G 6-5 210 Louisana-Lafayette
5 Brian Roberts G 6-2 175
35 Michael Southhall C 6-10 260
6 Quinton Thomas G 6-3 185
10 James White G/F 6-6 195 Cincinnati
14 Martin Zeno G 6-5 200

My 12:
Coby Karl, Marcelus Kemp, Brian Roberts, James White, Taj Gray, Davon Jefferson, Cedric Bozeman, James Hughes, Lorenzo Mata-Real, Martin Zeno (isn't he from Texas Tech), Sean Lampley, Sharrod Ford.
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Zeno, hughes, Mata, lampley and ford being on your team would get you fired really quick.
LakersFanKB#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject:

BGB wrote:
Lakersfield wrote:
Link to Lakers summer league roster.

Link

1 Cedric Bozeman G 6-6 220 UCLA
25 Pat Calathes F 6-10 210
15 Nik Caner-Medley F 6-8 240 Maryland
12 Joe Crawford G 6-5 207 Kentucky
26 Bryant Dunston F 6-9 250
20 Sharrod Ford F 6-9 235 Clemson
21 Taj Gray F 6-9 230
34 James Hughes C 6-11 225 Northern Illinois
23 Davon Jefferson F 6-7 215
2 Dontell Jefferson G 6-5 200 Arkansas
11 Coby Karl G 6-5 210 Boise State
4 Thomas Kelati G/F 6-5 210
9 Marcelus Kemp G 6-5 210
24 Sean Lampley F 6-8 230 California
22 Yi Li F 6-9 210
31 Lorenzo Mata-Real F 6-9 245
3 Dwayne Mitchell G 6-5 210 Louisana-Lafayette
5 Brian Roberts G 6-2 175
35 Michael Southhall C 6-10 260
6 Quinton Thomas G 6-3 185
10 James White G/F 6-6 195 Cincinnati
14 Martin Zeno G 6-5 200

My 12:
Coby Karl, Marcelus Kemp, Brian Roberts, James White, Taj Gray, Davon Jefferson, Cedric Bozeman, James Hughes, Lorenzo Mata-Real, Martin Zeno (isn't he from Texas Tech), Sean Lampley, Sharrod Ford.

Players in bold are my 12
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I prefer to keep him than Coby Karl.
Nick's name
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject:

limchrc wrote:
I prefer to keep him than Coby Karl.

+1
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject:

All he has to do is make simple passes, make 3 pointers, finish, and D up.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Nick's name
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Mike, do u think he has a chance to make the roster?
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Sounds so simple. Very true though.

For whatever reason though, he hasn't done it yet. He was passed around last season, I wonder what the consensus was on him from the staffs that had him in practices?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: