OFFICIAL Ron Artest Thread (ESPN - Artest Wants Trade, P. 104)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 187, 188, 189  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Thanks for adding that, interesting... cool he responded. Still doesn't seem like the Lakers are pursuing Artest or anything though.

It's still in the wrong forum. Topic HOF
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Thanks for adding that, interesting... cool he responded. Still doesn't seem like the Lakers are pursuing Artest or anything though.

It does look though as Ron-Ron has worn his welcome with some people at Sactown. We just don't know whether or not Maloofs are in this group
Jack Kent Cooke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject:

Kings will hold onto him until trade deadline I bet, same with Lakers & Odom. If Odom is not working out by then, he will likely be traded, but FO will give him a chance, I think, and they should.
23iskobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Ron Artest interview live on ESPN's First Take

in moments
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Ron Artest interview live on ESPN's First Take

23iskobe wrote:
in moments

Wrong forum?
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject:

Recap?
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject:

LMAO in typical Artest fashion, he didnt show up. Something about him being in the building, but in the cafeteria. They had on Noah and Nate Robinson though.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject:

he got a summer job at Circuit City?
23iskobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject:

Artest was a no show...he was supposed to be on with Nate Robinson and Jokim Noah for the interview but he was late he was on some other part of the ESPN campus....he's crazy

ESPN teased that they were going to ask him about his future
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject:

JHAHAHAHAAHAHHahahahahahh

Rontarded.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject:

He regrets not being there. He should have been there. But he didn't opt to be there because of bad advice. So he just stayed where he was, and those people had no plans for him in their future.

Deja vu all over again.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
He regrets not being there. He should have been there. But he didn't opt to be there because of bad advice. So he just stayed where he was, and those people had no plans for him in their future.

Deja vu all over again.

Ron scheduled to be there, but Bill had a previous commitment...
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:

Deja vu all over again.

Ron scheduled to be there, but Bill had a previous commitment...

Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Ron was on the Hotlist he says he would have no problem with less shots to be a part of the Lakers ... and he sounded sincere ...but he also said ANY team he is on is a title contender ...and also sounded sincere ...I still would take him as LONG AS THEY DONT TAKE Thomas's contract ...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
Ron was on the Hotlist he says he would have no problem with less shots to be a part of the Lakers ... and he sounded sincere ...but he also said ANY team he is on is a title contender ...and also sounded sincere ...I still would take him as LONG AS THEY DONT TAKE Thomas's contract ...

Sure. I'd also take Artest for a package around Luke Walton.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It's been a torrential four or five weeks -- the buildup to the draft, the draft itself, free agency, speculation on the future of Ron Artest, summer league. At last, a chance to step back and get to some letters. Artest, not surprisingly, generated most of the feedback. The consensus based on my In Box is that 95-99 percent of readers just want him gone already, 80-85 want him traded with accompanying regret of losing a talented player, and 60 percent are willing to cash in an IRA to buy a couple gallons of gas and drive him to the airport if that'll get a deal done.

Long time reader, first time I'm sending an e-mail though. I've been waiting for you to weigh in on [the possibility of the Lakers pressing for Shelden Williams and Quincy Douby instead of Kenny Thomas in a Ron Artest-Lamar Odom deal] a little bit more. Can you expand at all on "this version that will undoubtedly be discussed between the teams, if it hasn't been already"? Is this from the Kings camp or is it something that you expect the Lakers to counter with since K9 isn't a desirable contract? It looks like you believe the Lakers would accept this deal -- how about the Kings? Do the pro's outweigh the cons? Also, if Josh Howard becomes available, who is more desirable ... Howard or Odom?

-- David, St. Louis

I'm sure the Lakers would prefer to avoid Thomas' contract. The Kings are the ones who would love to attach it to an Artest deal --- if you want Artest and his workable salary, you have to take Thomas at a bad salary. That sort of thing.

I can not say with certainty the Lakers would accept the deal if it's Artest, Williams and Douby because they are intrigued by the possibility of an Andrew Bynum-Pau Gasol-Odom front line. They never got to see it last season because of Bynum's knee injury, and that unit would have amazing potential. So, it's not a certainty they would accept the non-Thomas version. They are down big men and may decide against the deal no matter what.

But if the Lakers do move forward, Artest / Williams / Douby would have to be more appealing than Artest / Thomas. If the Lakers dig in their heels and say they won't do any deal that includes Thomas, the Kings would have a tough call. It's possible they have other options out there that we're not aware of. Maybe they feel like they can do Artest / Thomas with someone. But to pass on the chance to get a talented small forward in trade for Artest would be hard. It's not the perfect outcome for the Kings, but it's a positive one and possibly the best they'll get considering the number of teams that have no interest in a spin on the Artest roller-coaster.

As for the choice between Odom and Josh Howard, I'd say Odom has a slight edge. They're essentially the same age --- Odom is about six months older --- and Odom can play two positions, is a better rebounder and much better at handling the ball. Howard will score more and is a good rebounder. The obvious concern is that Odom has a history of deferring too much rather than being aggressive.

The other consideration: Odom will be in the final season of his contract. If I'm the Kings, I like that flexibility in this time of roster transition. If he fits in and plays well, you pay him. You'll have to pay him a lot, and with the risk of losing him for nothing as a free agent, but any double-double guy who moves the ball so well will cost you a lot. If he doesn't work out, then he's gone as a free agent. Howard, by comparison, has two seasons, topping out at $11.4 million in 2009-10, plus a team option at $12.3 million that may include some guaranteed money.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/014096.html
Ghost of Shaq's Donut
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Give our Frontline a Chance

We are in no Rush and either are the Kings. Give our frontline a month the Kings will be more than willing to deal him in December after his first temper tantrum and the Lakers will have time to see if are frontline will work out. Artest helps us out in the toughness department but like several other Lakers he needs the ball in the Post to be effective on offense.

Lets see if this team can gel together at first.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject:

HisAirness24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject:

tsumlakers88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject:

This thread is now officially done.
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject:

Artest going for such low value makes sense. I knew the King's and Amick were bluffing with demanding LO since no one else was offering that caliber of player and I knew that they were committed to moving Artest before the season started. They ultimately had no leverage.

I think this shows that GM's are very hesitant to overpay in trades. The Laker's never considered LO for Artest. And rightly so.

It's time to this one up...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject:

Not until Aug. 14th, I am sure there are some here who still believe Mitch can pull this one off. Even though it is apparent that he has no interest in doing so.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Finally.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I said some bad things about our new player in this thread

I was just kidding Ron though. I LOVE Artest! That's the ticket. I keed I keed.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I wanted Ron Artest on this team so badly. All those Lamar for Artest rumors were what I lived for. I cannot believe he is finally on this team.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 187, 188, 189  Next
Page 188 of 189
Jump to: