Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Java_C1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Cardom wrote:
Critt leading scorer. Critt haters EAT CROW.

Not yet. Let's see him do it when it counts.

cant put that kind of pressure on a rookie(saying to be kobe-ish against teams like sa, boston) as long as javaris brings this consistently , im fine with it
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Java_C1 wrote:
how come my javaris avatar wont come up fellas? (sorry i know kinda offtopic)

You need to have 100 posts before your avatar shows up.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Cardom wrote:

Just give them some time. They will see what he can do. It's a process, and most of them just want to know "what have you done for me lately."

I love the way he gets into the paint at will. If he makes that mid-range shot money, then he will be a handful. Hopefully he keeps up the good work. Like I said before, they have to live with a few of his mistakes, but there is a nice prize at the end of the road.
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Great game by everyone and the only issues I had was Kobe's D and Kwame's passiveness. Kobe gambled a lot on D and got burned by W. Green in a couple of plays. Kwame is just too passive and should have taken it to the basket more considering his man was Jason Smith

Last edited by hellsling on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Excellant game but Kwame was able to p$ss me off in the 4th with his lackluster play....Imagine if he had KobeĀ“s heart
DazedAndConfused
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Kwame is just a lazy ass player collecting paychecks. That's who he is, he has no heart or desire for the game. I feel like basketball is something he does because he's big and strong, not because he enjoys doing it.
DazedAndConfused
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject:

When the games aren't important Kobe definitely slacks off on D. I don't like that kind of attitude coming from our leader.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject:

DazedAndConfused wrote:
Kwame is just a lazy ass player collecting paychecks. That's who he is, he has no heart or desire for the game. I feel like basketball is something he does because he's big and strong, not because he enjoys doing it.

Sounds just like Elden Campbell. The only difference is Elden actually produced in his contract year. Kwame is in a contract year and still hasn't shown us anything of worth. You'd think he would go all out despite the injuries but it's pretty clear he'll never have the heart to be a productive player.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Cardom wrote:

LOL like the kettle calling the pot black. Either way good win by Lakers.
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject:

DazedAndConfused wrote:

No need to hate on Kwame because he played a solid game today considering how he is coming off an injury and is playing with the second unit in significant minutes for the first time.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject:

ANdrew Bynum jumping off the wrong foot gliding down the lane with the ferocious one hand slam.

That is pretty much it BLOWOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

GOod Win.

Now to the NEXT!!!
Mr. Raza
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject:

This team really had great balance tonight. Very good ball movement. It was frustration watching Luke start the game, as he was being burned play after play on Defense.

I was really impressed with Bynum, Critt, etc. I'm starting to thing that this team is for damn real....let's see.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject:

DazedAndConfused wrote:
When the games aren't important Kobe definitely slacks off on D. I don't like that kind of attitude coming from our leader.

Actually his d Slacks off when the player he is facing is mediocre. That's why you see Kobe get torched by the likes of Klezia but play amazing D versus top players.

Perfect music.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
DazedAndConfused wrote:

Actually his d Slacks off when the player he is facing is mediocre. That's why you see Kobe get torched by the likes of Klezia but play amazing D versus top players.

And that's exactly what CAN'T happen. Kobe has to set a tone. Defensively - first and foremost. Whether he plays against Ray-Ray/Rip or Kleiza. I'd understand if it happens while he is in help defense mode. I don't get it when he gambles for a steal. That's a smush-like matador defense Kobe gotta drop...
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
i hate these feelings we trash a meaningless turd filled team but we lose the game that would have make the statement

That's who we are right now. Better than most, but not the best.

Exactly, but with the disclaimer that if we're really rolling and truly confident in ourselves and each other when the playoffs roll around, anything can happen with the right matchups and timing.

We're not the favorites, that's for sure; but for the first time since Shaq left, we do have at least a legitimate chance. Right now, only Boston looks completely out of our league. I'll add SA to that list because you know they'll be there at the finish. I remember when Phil first returned to the team, I thought that this team would have a chance to contend by his 3rd year, yet at the same time and in the moment today, I cannot say I believed we'd be close enough to have a fair chance this season - not judging by how things have unfolded for us in reality. It's exciting and surprising and wonderful what is happening with this young team.

Obviously, things can change on a dime and we can fall off as a team (and being so young, that could shake our confidence and lead to worse scenarios), but assuming what we're seeing out of these guys is for real - and I believe it is - we're closer than most dared to imagine prior to the season. I know Kobe certainly didn't expect the quality of team he now leads. He's excited. You can tell. For the first time in a few years, he's actually mentioned competing for a championship like he thinks that just maybe his Lakers can ...
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Cardom wrote:

LOL.... somebody a little jealous?? Worried???

A one-player fanboy seeing the writing on the wall maybe??

Jake Speed, 1986
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: