***OFFICIAL: LAKERS VS. BULLS****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject:

For the life of me, I don't know why you guys continue to argue with KobehastheMagic or AndrewBynum17. (amongst a couple others)
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: ***OFFICIAL: LAKERS VS. BULLS****

24KaratGold wrote:
AND I'M GOING TO THE GAME!!! MY FIRST LAKER GAME!!!

Glad your first game went so well, dude! I was sitting next to a Bulls fan in the nosebleeds. He was not happy.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: ***OFFICIAL: LAKERS VS. BULLS****

GoldenThroat wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:
AND I'M GOING TO THE GAME!!! MY FIRST LAKER GAME!!!

Glad your first game went so well, dude! I was sitting next to a Bulls fan in the nosebleeds. He was not happy.

I was sitting in the Premier Section 11 (A friend splits season tickets with a couple of people), and there was a Bulls fan in front of us. It was really funny because she still thought that they could pull a comeback, even when they were down by 20.

And there were fans behind us who kept blaming the wrong guy for mistakes. When Kobe would throw a bad pass, they would yell "Come on LO what are you doing"
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
I believe HoopsChick's theory has been proven true once again.

Which is what?

Sasha will perform better than normal when you put him in the game when we are either up 20, or down 20.

LMAO or , I don't know which one to do.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Cardom wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Farmar is the next...

Jason Kidd

...with a jumper

Without the all-NBA defense, size, rebounding, and court vision. Yeah, other than that, he's way better than Kidd!

Don't get me wrong. I love Farmar's game. I definitely think he should be getting the majority of minutes at PG, if not starting outright. However, let's not compare him to an all time great just yet.

I agree - I don't see J-Kidd in his game. I actually think he's starting to look like a young Tony Parker. He's even getting that tear drop fallling, he penetrates at will, he seems much quicker and faster this year than ever before. Just a lot about his game looks like that to me.

Either way, our young guys are making sure they don't get traded - and they're doing it be bringing their potential to the court and getting the job done, while still having so much more upside relative to their youth.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
Game #666 wrote:
I wouldn't trade Bynum for 2 ben wallaces

No one would except KobehastheMagic

Nope...never wanted Ben Wallace for him. kwame provides a poor man's Ben Wallace. I still want a good two way player like Ron Artest for him.

Over the next couple months it will become painfully obvious that your evaluation of AB was slightly off.

It's already obvious. Heck, I think it's even obvious to him, but he just won't admit it.

No one in their right mind would trade away a double-double big man whose 20 years old, for a freakin SF who has been a cancer on every team he's ever been on. Heck, people wouldn't make that trade even if he had never been a cancer, because it's a stupid trade.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Cardom wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Farmar is the next...

Jason Kidd

...with a jumper

Without the all-NBA defense, size, rebounding, and court vision. Yeah, other than that, he's way better than Kidd!

Don't get me wrong. I love Farmar's game. I definitely think he should be getting the majority of minutes at PG, if not starting outright. However, let's not compare him to an all time great just yet.

I agree - I don't see J-Kidd in his game. I actually think he's starting to look like a young Tony Parker. He's even getting that tear drop fallling, he penetrates at will, he seems much quicker and faster this year than ever before. Just a lot about his game looks like that to me.

Either way, our young guys are making sure they don't get traded - and they're doing it be bringing their potential to the court and getting the job done, while still having so much more upside relative to their youth.

I don't think Farmar's first step is that great, which will prevent him from being as effective a penetrator as TP. However, his end-to-end speed is fantastic. Once he gets a head of steam (takes him 2-3 steps as opposed to 1), he's seemingly as fast as anyone in the game...
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
bynum's gotta develop some kinda killer instinct.. he almost got posterized..

I'd rather him get posterized trying to prevent a dunk, than running out of the way in fear that he'll be posterized. One of those scenarios is about a guy focusing on helping his team win, the other is about a guy being more converned with ego.

I choose the winning mentality, even if it's embarrassing on occasion.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Cardom wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Farmar is the next...

Jason Kidd

...with a jumper

I don't think Farmar's first step is that great, which will prevent him from being as effective a penetrator as TP. However, his end-to-end speed is fantastic. Once he gets a head of steam (takes him 2-3 steps as opposed to 1), he's seemingly as fast as anyone in the game...

That's fair enough.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Cardom wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Farmar is the next...

Jason Kidd

...with a jumper

That's fair enough.

Thing I like about Farmar is how well he moves without the ball. Most PG's (including TP) seem to stop moving a lot of the time when they don't have the rock.

Farmar is also turning into a nice rebounder with those hops.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Farmar is not quite as quick on the first step, but he has an amazing burst near the rim. His stats are very similar to TP's stats at the same age (19):

TP PPG 9.2, RPG 2.6, APG 4.3, Steals 1.2, TOs 1.9, 41.9 FG%, 29.4 MPG
JF PPG 9.6, RPG 3.2, APG 2.8, Steals 1.2, TOs 1.2, 48.5 FG%, 20.8 MPG

Jordan is a better shooter, scorer, but with less assist and TOs because he doesn't have the duties of a traditional PG. And Jordan is doing it coming off the bench (TP started) playing about 70% of the minutes TP did - 8.6 MPGs less.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39
Jump to: