Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject:

One lucky win deserves another one

The lakers will get prince.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

Fisher is an effing moron!!!!!!! This whole team outside of Kobe is full of morons and scrubs. This team is garbage. OMFG! They ahve this hard a timne against the Rockets without T-Mac? Disgusting!
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
C.B.C
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
This game flat out sucked ass.

That is because Phil sucks.

Look at the person that is making these decisions.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakers didn't deserve this one. they gave the rox 5 chances to hit a game tying 3 and were lucky they didnt hit it.

always happy with a win but that's not how you close out.

They were at least contested 3s.
Bas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Ugly to watch, but atleast they got the W
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Man that was an ugly win. An ugly ... WIN!! How many times were we able to say THAT last season? Not many ... I'll take it!!

The officiating was rather one-sided in the second half. Although I think what really got us was the fact that the players seemed to stop moving on offense. Where the heck was the triangle? Were we just mentally drained after losing to SA? But again ... I'm happy that we could "gut" out a win, and manufacture enough points at the end of the game to pull out the W. We didn't fold.

Hopefully this team learned something tonight, because there are going to be a lot more games like these this season ...
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerSanity wrote:
We won that game... we played good D and our 1st half play was awesome. McGrady going out was the best thing to happen to them, as Bonzi Wells on O AND on D almost won the game for them. McGrady isn't 1/4 the defensive player that Wells is.

Not that I disagree with Wells being a far superior defender, but who did he have to guard? Walton had an awful game, regardless of who was guarding him, and Odom's boneheaded charges were drawn by Houston's starting PF and Center.

I really don't think Wells had a huge defensive impact here. He did have a big offensive impact, of course, but so would T-Mac.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We shot 35%, missed like 16 ft's and lost T-Mac...and still coulda pulled it out. Good win for y'all by building the lead in the first half. I hope T-Mac isn't seriously hurt for our sake.
Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

if that 3 went in I was going to throw myself out of my living room window...man at least it was a win..but what an ugly way to win it
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rockets got lucky against us at Staples. Glad we returned the lucky favor.
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
Fisher is an effing moron!!!!!!! This whole team outside of Kobe is full of morons and scrubs. This team is garbage. OMFG! They ahve this hard a timne against the Rockets without T-Mac? Disgusting!

WRONG!!!

Kobe and coaches are all incredibly rich but moronic
alwayslakers08
Star Player
Star Player

hi_ma wrote:

GO LAKERS
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

Lakers are 4-3 pretty much as expected.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject:

NatureBoy wrote:
Damn Bonzi Wells just moving Bynum out of box out position like a child.

Maybe because Bynum IS practically a child??

Jake Speed, 1986
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lakers have a lot of work to do. Lamar continues to frustrate me. Then again, I don't understand why the Lakers don't utilize Lamar in the post a lot more.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

Crazy game, lots of chances for both teams and really it showed both teams had played on the 2nd night of a back to back

BUT

a WIN is a WIN.

The Lakers beat one of the best teams in the west, on the road. That is a big win, almost as big as the Phx win.

We are 4-3 playing 6/7 playoff teams and some of them legit contenders. Lamar missed a lot of those games isn't 100% yet and Kwame will never be 100% along with lots of new roles being shifted at the moment with Lamar's insertion to the lineup (and Luke's demotion).

I give the game ball to Kobe but a major part of it needs to be carved up and given to Andrew too. Huge defensive rebound + 2 FT's in the clutch. That is really the point in the game I thought we could have won/lost it.

Great win ! Lets not whine about it. Friday, Detroit comes to town, hopefully we can get them too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject:

alwayslakers08 wrote:
hi_ma wrote:

Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
We shot 35%, missed like 16 ft's and lost T-Mac...and still coulda pulled it out. Good win for y'all by building the lead in the first half. I hope T-Mac isn't seriously hurt for our sake.

I think it's fair to say that both teams have had their fair share of good luck in their respective wins.

I do hope that T-Mac is okay, though. That injury didn't look that bad, but you never know. Some harmless looking injuries turn out to be worse than they appear. Hope he's alright.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Crazy game, lots of chances for both teams and really it showed both teams had played on the 2nd night of a back to back

BUT

a WIN is a WIN.

The Lakers beat one of the best teams in the west, on the road. That is a big win, almost as big as the Phx win.

We are 4-3 playing 6/7 playoff teams and some of them legit contenders. Lamar missed a lot of those games isn't 100% yet and Kwame will never be 100% along with lots of new roles being shifted at the moment with Lamar's insertion to the lineup (and Luke's demotion).

I give the game ball to Kobe but a major part of it needs to be carved up and given to Andrew too. Huge defensive rebound + 2 FT's in the clutch. That is really the point in the game I thought we could have won/lost it.

Great win ! Lets not whine about it. Friday, Detroit comes to town, hopefully we can get them too.

When was the last time the Lakers beat Detroit in Los Angeles? 2004 finals right? Friday will be a tough game.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject:

LA_UNION wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

WRONG!!!

Kobe and coaches are all incredibly rich but moronic

WRONG!!!
LakerSanity

Jeffs wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
We won that game... we played good D and our 1st half play was awesome. McGrady going out was the best thing to happen to them, as Bonzi Wells on O AND on D almost won the game for them. McGrady isn't 1/4 the defensive player that Wells is.

Not that I disagree with Wells being a far superior defender, but who did he have to guard? Walton had an awful game, regardless of who was guarding him, and Odom's boneheaded charges were drawn by Houston's starting PF and Center.

I really don't think Wells had a huge defensive impact here. He did have a big offensive impact, of course, but so would T-Mac.

It was team D. Watching McGrady, he offers a HUGE hole in Houston's defensive schemes. Add James to that and Scola, who isn't ready for NBA D yet, and you can see why we had such an easy time scoring in the 1st half. Adelman went to a defensive line-up in the second half by playing Wells instead of McGrady, Hayes (who was a defensive monster) instead of Scola, and Alston (who is at least adequate defensively) instead of the defensive sceive in James.

That team defense by Houston in the second half was better than the D by the Spurs last night. The only difference was we already had a cushion from the 1st half, Houston is not as good of an offensive team as San Antonio, and we played better D today than we did last night.

Trust me, Wells had a bigger impact on this game BOTH offensively and defensively than Mcgrady had in the 1st half. Think in terms of TEAM defense, not just individual match ups.... that and rebounding are where Wells really helped.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

You guys are ridiculous. The Rockets win against us wasn't lucky. They wer kicking our butts. Then we had a late run in which we had a bunch of lucky bounces and then Shae Battier hit a clutch three that hes been hitting for a while now. They deserved to win that game. We didn't deserve to win this game. Outside of Kobe, this team is absolute garbage.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

C.B.C wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
This game flat out sucked ass.

That is because Phil sucks.

Look at the person that is making these decisions.

yeah, he keeps telling the guys to turn the ball over! he tells lamar to lower his shoulder and bowl his way into yao's chest. he tells luke to throw errant passes and vlad not to defend anyone in the paint. If we got rid of Phil these guys would be geniuses. :roll:
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

BUT

a WIN is a WIN.

This is one of those ugly wins that the Lakers haven't had the last three seasons. I call it progress.

--Anonymous
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40
Jump to: