New Mod - Congrats LJ!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject:

congrats LJ... i too appreciate reading your posts and think the mods have chosen wisely.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:
She hot?

It only took five posts before someone asked. It was inevitable.
All LG mods are hot, it's kind of a requirement. (We make an exception for Pokoy though)

But I have a good personality and that's all that matters.

Congrats LJ!

Yes, you do.

Oh, and I am hot. In fact, I kiss myself all the time. LOL.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Jam is awesome - one of my favorite posters.

Congrats LakerJam.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:

wise choice.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Phil wrote:
Thanks for starting this threasd Tony Alameda.

I should have done it, but had little time this weekend and just didn't get to it.

We are excited to have LakerJam as a LG mod. She has all the qualities of a good moderator.

Welcome aboad LJ

Not a problem.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:

If you would, tell us a bit about yourself LJ. I for one would like to know how you came to be such a rabid Laker fan.
laker_pride
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject:

How do you become a mod? Has anyone asked this question?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:

lj, after a while any regular poster leaves an impression in my head, positive or negative. i've always been impressed by your posting style and you'll never find me arguing with your takes because they make perfect sense to me. your posting demeanor has always been appreciated and if there's one person i can be glad has been selected to be a mod, its you. and no, i'm not kissing up. even though that last 3 day (and some change) ban by jd really hurt
congrats.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
pokoy wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:
She hot?

It only took five posts before someone asked. It was inevitable.
All LG mods are hot, it's kind of a requirement. (We make an exception for Pokoy though)

But I have a good personality and that's all that matters.

Congrats LJ!

Yes, you do.

Oh, and I am hot. In fact, I kiss myself all the time. LOL.

A contortionist as well? Impressive! You'll make a fine addition.
Overtime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
She hot?

the 999 must know too
JD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:

laker_pride wrote:

Its a long process... and painful.

Basically, The Circle (as we shall refer to them here) notices someone. At that time, the unwary person is subjected to a full background (incl. credit history) check. Former associates are interviewed and pledged to silence (we won't go into that, its not pretty).

Once this first process is complete, the "applicant" is approached. Quite humorous, as they're typically thrilled to be considered, not understanding the Hell their life is about to become (or the slim chance of their survival). They're then shipped off to a remote mountain location in the Rockies (this used to be Tibet... but the the airfare and upkeep had become a cost concern). The 1st week, consists of sleep deprivation and constant physical punishment from The Circle (involves 3 foot long sections of firehose, not a pretty sight). Any down time, is spent in a 4 foot by 4 foot cement room. No windows, or furnishings of any type. Britney Spears - Oops!..I Did It Again is piped into the room, from a massive 2500 watt audio system. This is the break-in period.

The 2nd week, the applicant is sent out into the wild to fend for themselves, naked and armed only with a rusted/dull Swiss Army knife and 5 packages of restaurant saltines (you know... the ones with 2 crackers). Feral cats, with a taste for human blood, are let loose on the applicant's trail 30 minutes after their departure. This is typically where we lose 87% of the applicants and consequently, where the cats have developed a taste for human blood.

The 3rd week, the applicant is brought back and treated to a cold shower, administered with a fire hose/nozzle. They're given a hearty meal of Campbell's Tomato Soup and more crackers. Next, think of the most annoying person in your personal life (past or present). Well... that person is flown in and spends that week, pushing the applicant around in a wheelchair they've been bound and gagged to (colostomy bag and catheter are provided). This person is privy to all the personal dirt that was dug up during the initial background check and interviews. They're also pampered like royalty, all of which the applicant is constantly exposed to, while unable to take part.

The 4th week... is referred to as Hell Week. We won't go into the previous methods, as it resulted in some snooping around from the local authorities. However, Chris Crocker of YouTube infamy has been hired to provide his services now. The applicant shares a room with Chris and is subjected to non-stop "Leave JD Alone" tear-filled rants. Unfortunately for the applicant, this still involves the bound/gag wheelchair. No escape.

Smooth sailing from here on out. 5th week, involves a mock-up of the ESPN Lakers forum. Yes... the applicant gets to try and moderate. Days are long and typically last between 16-18 hours. However, meal and bathroom breaks do come at regular intervals. Amazingly (or not), this is where we see the highest drop-out rate. 93% of those still left standing crack at this point. Though, we've got a deal with a regional mental health facility to care for these individuals.

6th week... woot! Graduation! A large boiling cauldron with brands (yes, the burning flesh kind) is carried, using only the forearms, through a hallway (oh yeah... rice paper on the floor, that must not be ripped/torn), outside and placed into the snow. Yeah... we've got a few Kung Fu (TV show) fans on staff.

The graduate is then flown back home, where he finds his access to LG upgraded to "Moderator".

And people wonder why I'm so cranky.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
laker_pride wrote:

Basically, The Circle (as we shall refer to them here) notices someone. At that time, the unwary person is subjected to a full background (incl. credit history) check. Former associates are interviewed and pledged to silence (we won't go into that, its not pretty).

Once this first process is complete, the "applicant" is approached. Quite humorous, as they're typically thrilled to be considered, not understanding the Hell their life is about to become (or the slim chance of their survival). They're then shipped off to a remote mountain location in the Rockies (this used to be Tibet... but the the airfare and upkeep had become a cost concern). The 1st week, consists of sleep deprivation and constant physical punishment from The Circle (involves 3 foot long sections of firehose, not a pretty sight). Any down time, is spent in a 4 foot by 4 foot cement room. No windows, or furnishings of any type. Britney Spears - Oops!..I Did It Again is piped into the room, from a massive 2500 watt audio system. This is the break-in period.

The 2nd week, the applicant is sent out into the wild to fend for themselves, naked and armed only with a rusted/dull Swiss Army knife and 5 packages of restaurant saltines (you know... the ones with 2 crackers). Feral cats, with a taste for human blood, are let loose on the applicant's trail 30 minutes after their departure. This is typically where we lose 87% of the applicants and consequently, where the cats have developed a taste for human blood.

The 3rd week, the applicant is brought back and treated to a cold shower, administered with a fire hose/nozzle. They're given a hearty meal of Campbell's Tomato Soup and more crackers. Next, think of the most annoying person in your personal life (past or present). Well... that person is flown in and spends that week, pushing the applicant around in a wheelchair they've been bound and gagged to (colostomy bag and catheter are provided). This person is privy to all the personal dirt that was dug up during the initial background check and interviews. They're also pampered like royalty, all of which the applicant is constantly exposed to, while unable to take part.

The 4th week... is referred to as Hell Week. We won't go into the previous methods, as it resulted in some snooping around from the local authorities. However, Chris Crocker of YouTube infamy has been hired to provide his services now. The applicant shares a room with Chris and is subjected to non-stop "Leave JD Alone" tear-filled rants. Unfortunately for the applicant, this still involves the bound/gag wheelchair. No escape.

Smooth sailing from here on out. 5th week, involves a mock-up of the ESPN Lakers forum. Yes... the applicant gets to try and moderate. Days are long and typically last between 16-18 hours. However, meal and bathroom breaks do come at regular intervals. Amazingly (or not), this is where we see the highest drop-out rate. 93% of those still left standing crack at this point. Though, we've got a deal with a regional mental health facility to care for these individuals.

6th week... woot! Graduation! A large boiling cauldron with brands (yes, the burning flesh kind) is carried, using only the forearms, through a hallway (oh yeah... rice paper on the floor, that must not be ripped/torn), outside and placed into the snow. Yeah... we've got a few Kung Fu (TV show) fans on staff.

The graduate is then flown back home, where he finds his access to LG upgraded to "Moderator".

Classic. While I had very little problem with the old JD, I really like the new one!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject:

p.s. i didnt even know l.j. was a female. i just thought she was a cool guy. that even makes her more respectable.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
laker_pride wrote:

Is there an "easy" button?
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
laker_pride wrote:

OMG, the REAL JD

This goes in HOF for sure. and rolling on the ground.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject:

JD has always been hilarious. A dry humor with 1 liners.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
If you would, tell us a bit about yourself LJ. I for one would like to know how you came to be such a rabid Laker fan.

Okay, let me give this a shot.

Hi, I go by the name of LakerJam and I’m a Laker addict.

How I came to reach the state of mind and body known as Laker fanaticism, started off as a gradual process and then one day - BOOM! It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks where I just couldn’t get enough and couldn’t escape it. I always enjoyed the showtime Lakers and have been loyal to my home town teams all my life, but I was younger during the Magic years, so sports were more of a, “oh they’re my team” and then on to other things.

Then the Lakers drafted this precocious young 17 yr. old named Kobe Bean Bryant, and I was mesmerized. He was so young yet so talented and watching him grow right before my eyes, with his unbelievable bravado and work ethic, started sucking me in. Curiosity turned into a need to see more and more and more and more. Everytime he’d have the ball at the top of the key, I’d stop cheering or yelling and notice that I was kind of holding my breath, “What is he going to do now?” More often than not, the answer to that question was, “OMG! How the heck...?” That hasn’t changed, but what has happened is that I became fixated on the game, itself, studying it’s nuances, noticing the subtleties of players and how they fit together, the things they can do, what amazing athletes these people are, and I started looking back to the history of it all, then paying attention to younger players in college and sometimes HS (nowadays). I was hooked. The more I learned, the more I paid attention, the more addicted I became.

As my job grew more and more stressful, I “needed” the Lakers that much more (I’m sure many of you can relate to that). In essence, the Lakers are my release. Basketball is where I go to get away from the stresses of my life. When we lose games, man, it really hurts. When we win, I feel like I’m flying. Then I found Lg.net and I was “home” in may respects, as I had found other lunatics that can’t go a day without talking Lakers ball, even in the off-season. What’s not to love, huh? I feel a kinship with my fellow lg.netters, and it’s a good thing.

So that’s the story of how I became an addict.

On a side note, if Dr. Buss trades Kobe, I’m going to be really ticked off.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject:

Phil wrote:
JD wrote:
laker_pride wrote:

OMG, the REAL JD

Yes, please put this in the volt!!
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Phil wrote:
JD wrote:
laker_pride wrote:

OMG, the REAL JD

Yes, please put this in the volt!!

I thought about JD's post yesterday as a fitting first save for the empty forum "HOF" that's for posts or threads that are classic. Then LJ put up her's and I think this whole thread would be appropriate for our first thread in the archives forum.

I'll leave it up a day more or so and then move it there.

I am one happy LG owner.

I take a star/franchise player off the team and move him to the front office and get a young star/franchise player in replacement. If Jerry Buss trades Kobe he better do as well.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
laker_pride wrote:

Wow, that sounds tough. How is it that uberzev was able to make it?

Or is it because he is a huge Brittney fan anyways?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
24 wrote:

How I came to reach the state of mind and body known as Laker fanaticism, started off as a gradual process and then one day - BOOM! It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks where I just couldn’t get enough and couldn’t escape it. I always enjoyed the showtime Lakers and have been loyal to my home town teams all my life, but I was younger during the Magic years, so sports were more of a, “oh they’re my team” and then on to other things.

Then the Lakers drafted this precocious young 17 yr. old named Kobe Bean Bryant, and I was mesmerized. He was so young yet so talented and watching him grow right before my eyes, with his unbelievable bravado and work ethic, started sucking me in. Curiosity turned into a need to see more and more and more and more. Everytime he’d have the ball at the top of the key, I’d stop cheering or yelling and notice that I was kind of holding my breath, “What is he going to do now?” More often than not, the answer to that question was, “OMG! How the heck...?” That hasn’t changed, but what has happened is that I became fixated on the game, itself, studying it’s nuances, noticing the subtleties of players and how they fit together, the things they can do, what amazing athletes these people are, and I started looking back to the history of it all, then paying attention to younger players in college and sometimes HS (nowadays). I was hooked. The more I learned, the more I paid attention, the more addicted I became.

As my job grew more and more stressful, I “needed” the Lakers that much more (I’m sure many of you can relate to that). In essence, the Lakers are my release. Basketball is where I go to get away from the stresses of my life. When we lose games, man, it really hurts. When we win, I feel like I’m flying. Then I found Lg.net and I was “home” in may respects, as I had found other lunatics that can’t go a day without talking Lakers ball, even in the off-season. What’s not to love, huh? I feel a kinship with my fellow lg.netters, and it’s a good thing.

Without being too nosy, what kind of job do you have that is both stessful and allows for the time you spend here? (not a smart aleck question, just really curious).
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:

LJ - Congrats.

JD - The feral cats are a beeyatch. I still have scars. Physical and mental.
Overtime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
24 wrote:

status???
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Overtime wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
24 wrote:

status???

I don't know, but I'm guessing she won't be peeing in your shower any time soon...
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Overtime wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
24 wrote:

status???

I don't know, but I'm guessing she won't be peeing in your shower any time soon...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by status, but I do try not to pee in people's showers if I can help it. I find that they don't like that... something about infections or something. I don't know, people are pretty uptight.

Anyway, as for my profession, I'm a paralegal specializing in trial litigation. It's not that it leaves me a whole lot of time per se, but rather I work in fits and starts. I'm fairly quick so each time I finish a particular project (or aspect of a project), I flip over to Lg.net to feed my addiction and see what's new, then I flip back to work. I probably do that too much, but that's what addicts do. So here I often am at Lg.netters anonymous.

I've got problems. Lol.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: