Marion for Odom Talk -- PLEASE KEEP ALL MARION DISCUSSION HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Anytime a Laker fan puts another player from another team on a pedestal after a Laker in "really bad shape" outplays that extremely hyped player, ain't no two ways about it Tony, that is straight up diss'n in it's purest form...

But hey, the Lakers know better... So as long as you guys can do no more than lay out the diss'n, have at it...


You guys may be bitter about the Lakers being smart enough to leave that alone, but in time you'll finally see the light...

who has requested LO? We are stuck with him for 2 more years unfortunately. AB is more valued than LO. LO is a salary slug for other teams. LO will continue to average what he averaged when he was a rookie. no sign of improvement. doesnt really matter. he will be injured soon enough and the board will be filled with
"wait until LO comes back'. Not really. i looked at his effect on teams over his career. one thing pops out. they have all been garbage
_________________

The lakers will get prince.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 25274

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:

We'll never see the light that you see, Shoes, trust me.

Tell you what, though... since you're so sure that we'll be eating crow, how about you put your money where you mouth is?

You think the Lakers are top 4 in the West, right? How about we make a bet ($10, $20, or whatever you want), and the loser has to donate it to LG? If the Lakers get the 4th seed, OR 55+ wins, I'll make the donation to LG. If they don't, you make it. I'll tell you what - I'll even cancel the bet for you if they have health as poor as they did last year (though I won't cancel if players miss the games that they average missed per season).

So, what do you say? LG wins either way, and I'd honestly love for you to win the bet, since $20 is a cheap price to pay for the Lakers to be successful. Bet is open to anyone else that may want to take it instead of Shoes as well.
_________________
Jeffs

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tony Almeida
Retired


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 12031

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Anytime a Laker fan puts another player from another team on a pedestal after a Laker in "really bad shape" outplays that extremely hyped player, ain't no two ways about it Tony, that is straight up diss'n in it's purest form...


I'm one of the LAST people to put Shawn Marion up on a pedestal, believe me on that one - I really really do not like the dude, but I'll call his game the way I see it.

See, you draw out some concrete conclusion from a head to head matchup between an injured Lamar and Marion, a matchup the past two years which has seen Lamar slightly outplay Marion, and believe that to be the end all be all reason that Lamar>Shawn, or a primary reason to believe that. While I, and others, see that as ONE aspect that has many different variables involved, take it into consideration, and then look at the NUMEROUS other factors that go into such a comparison, to try and figure out who would be the better player for us.

So no, I do not see it "dissing" Lamar at all, if anything, you are "dissing" Shawn Marion by not taking into account the many different aspects of such a swap.

Quote:
But hey, the Lakers know better... So as long as you guys can do no more than lay out the diss'n, have at it...

You guys may be bitter about the Lakers being smart enough to leave that alone, but in time you'll finally see the light...


It's always just a "matter of time"...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 12237

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Round and Round it goes, sombody wake me when any member here changes their mind about anything...trade Laker A for journeyman B Trade young Laker + expiring K for geriatric PG Just waive Laker C, he sucks Phil's lost it, Mitch never had it, and Dr. Buss is an alcholic, senile, skirtchaser

:roll:
_________________
<
"Ev'rybody's got somethin' to hide, 'cept for me and my monkey"
<
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 25274

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
Round and Round it goes, sombody wake me when any member here changes their mind about anything...trade Laker A for journeyman B Trade young Laker + expiring K for geriatric PG Just waive Laker C, he sucks Phil's lost it, Mitch never had it, and Dr. Buss is an alcholic, senile, skirtchaser

:roll:


Marion is a journeyman? Kidd is a geriatric PG?
_________________
Jeffs

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mostwanted
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2004
Posts: 495

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It's always just a "matter of time"


Yep. Every year of Lamar Odom's career has always been its a 'matter of time'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 12237

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Round and Round it goes, sombody wake me when any member here changes their mind about anything...trade Laker A for journeyman B Trade young Laker + expiring K for geriatric PG Just waive Laker C, he sucks Phil's lost it, Mitch never had it, and Dr. Buss is an alcholic, senile, skirtchaser

:roll:


Marion is a journeyman? Kidd is a geriatric PG?
Generically speaking, I wasn't referring to specifics, just the general mood of "do domething, anything, I don't care if we have to overpay." attitude.
_________________
<
"Ev'rybody's got somethin' to hide, 'cept for me and my monkey"
<
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Anytime a Laker fan puts another player from another team on a pedestal after a Laker in "really bad shape" outplays that extremely hyped player, ain't no two ways about it Tony, that is straight up diss'n in it's purest form...


I'm one of the LAST people to put Shawn Marion up on a pedestal, believe me on that one - I really really do not like the dude, but I'll call his game the way I see it.

See, you draw out some concrete conclusion from a head to head matchup between an injured Lamar and Marion, a matchup the past two years which has seen Lamar slightly outplay Marion, and believe that to be the end all be all reason that Lamar>Shawn, or a primary reason to believe that. While I, and others, see that as ONE aspect that has many different variables involved, take it into consideration, and then look at the NUMEROUS other factors that go into such a comparison, to try and figure out who would be the better player for us.

So no, I do not see it "dissing" Lamar at all, if anything, you are "dissing" Shawn Marion by not taking into account the many different aspects of such a swap.

Quote:
But hey, the Lakers know better... So as long as you guys can do no more than lay out the diss'n, have at it...

You guys may be bitter about the Lakers being smart enough to leave that alone, but in time you'll finally see the light...


It's always just a "matter of time"...


Ok, fine... My bottom line on this is that trade that you, and others like so much...

It is sending out the wrong player....

IF your going to make that deal, try an help excel the team... Get rid of the guys that aren't helping much if you can, or why bother to replace a player of equal talent, and for this team only equal talent at most Tony? If that...

You've done nothing but changed the names... The results will be the same, or in this case quite possibly worse...

It's a dumb trade...

1 Fisher
2 Bryant
3 Marion
4 LO
5 Bynum

looks a lot more appealing than

1 Fisher
2 Bryant
3 Marion
4 Ronny T/Chris Mihm/ Bryan Cook/Who knows
5 Bynum


Three stars vs 2 on the bottom lineup with two... LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven. If you put LO with Bryant, and Marion, now you've got a threat...

You put Marion out there with only Fish with veteran experience and you can bet your last money that this Lakers team is going to look possibly less formidable than what they did last year after being hurt...
How can anybody not see that?

That is why the Laker offered Kwame "good looking hair" Brown, and Vlad 'snowboarding Radmonovich to the Suns, because that is a deal that makes the Lakers stronger...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."


Last edited by THE_SHOES on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious
_________________

The lakers will get prince.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious


LO did fine with the young Heat. They were just a bigman short or they most likely would have went further.
Larry Brown called Lamar Odom one of his best when he was on the international team so, your complete disregard for this players basketball prowess is a joke...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Almeida
Retired


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 12031

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:


Ok, fine... My bottom line on this is that trade that you and other like so much...

It is sending out the wrong player....

IF your going to make that deal, try an help excel the team... Get rid of the guys that isn't helping much if you can, or why bother to replace a player of equal talent Tony?


Of course anyone would love to trade Kwamba/Space Cadet for Marion, problem is everyone knows that package isn't worth anything at the moment. I agree the overall talent between Marin/LO is fairly equal, I'll give the nod to Lamar on versatility and overall offensive talent, and I'll give the defensive talent edge to Marion. Now, I believe a strong argument can be made that Marion's energy level and ability to play well without the ball, would make Lamar's overall edge in offensive talent, minimal, and we might be better served to have Marion next to Kobe.

Similar talents, no question. They have their advantages and weaknesses, I think we're better served to have Marion's advantages at the expense of Lamar's advantages. And since we have agreed they are equal talents, this is where the durability issue comes into play, and just pushes this trade over the top for me. We're not getting ripped off in the trade regarding talent, they are fairly equal after all, but Marion gives us better odds of playing the entire season.

Quote:
You've done nothing but changed the names... The results will be the same or in this case worse...

It's a dumb trade...

1 Fisher
2 Bryant
3 Marion
4 LO
5 Bynum

looks a lot more appealing than

1 Fisher
2 Bryant
3 Marion
4 Ronny T/Chris Mihm/ Bryan Cook/Who knows
5 Bynum


Three stars vs 2 on the bottom lineup with two... LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven. If you put LO with Bryant, and Marion, now you've got a threat...

You put Marion out there with only Fish with veteran experience and you can bet your last money that this Laker team is going to look possibly less formidable than what they did last year after being hurt...
How can anybody not see that?

That is why the Laker offered Kwame "good looking hair" Brown, and Vlad 'snowboarding Radmonovich to the Suns, because that is a deal that makes the Lakers stronger...


Again, I'd love if we could pawn off Kwame/Vlad to some team and get some worthwhile talent back in return, let alone a player the caliber of Marion, but that isn't going to happen.


Last edited by Tony Almeida on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious


LO did fine with the young Heat. They were just a bigman short or they most likely would have went further.
Larry Brown called Lamar Odom one of his best when he was on the international team so, your complete disregard for this players basketball prowess is a joke...

42-40? Wasnt that fades coming out party? Wasnt that why we demanded caron. So you are going to point to one year, a 42-40 record. Brown? Olympics doesnt equal NBA. thanks for making my point.

BTW- Out of that 3some
Wade has become a stud all-star
Caron all-star
LO? still carrying his label of inconsistent
_________________

The lakers will get prince.


Last edited by hi_ma on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 25274

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Anytime a Laker fan puts another player from another team on a pedestal after a Laker in "really bad shape" outplays that extremely hyped player, ain't no two ways about it Tony, that is straight up diss'n in it's purest form...


I'm one of the LAST people to put Shawn Marion up on a pedestal, believe me on that one - I really really do not like the dude, but I'll call his game the way I see it.

See, you draw out some concrete conclusion from a head to head matchup between an injured Lamar and Marion, a matchup the past two years which has seen Lamar slightly outplay Marion, and believe that to be the end all be all reason that Lamar>Shawn, or a primary reason to believe that. While I, and others, see that as ONE aspect that has many different variables involved, take it into consideration, and then look at the NUMEROUS other factors that go into such a comparison, to try and figure out who would be the better player for us.

So no, I do not see it "dissing" Lamar at all, if anything, you are "dissing" Shawn Marion by not taking into account the many different aspects of such a swap.

Quote:
But hey, the Lakers know better... So as long as you guys can do no more than lay out the diss'n, have at it...

You guys may be bitter about the Lakers being smart enough to leave that alone, but in time you'll finally see the light...


It's always just a "matter of time"...


Ok, fine... My bottom line on this is that trade that you, and others like so much...

It is sending out the wrong player....

IF your going to make that deal, try an help excel the team... Get rid of the guys that aren't helping much if you can, or why bother to replace a player of equal talent, and for this team only equal talent at most Tony? If that...

You've done nothing but changed the names... The results will be the same, or in this case quite possibly worse...

It's a dumb trade...

1 Fisher
2 Bryant
3 Marion
4 LO
5 Bynum

looks a lot more appealing than

1 Fisher
2 Bryant
3 Marion
4 Ronny T/Chris Mihm/ Bryan Cook/Who knows
5 Bynum


Three stars vs 2 on the bottom lineup with two... LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven. If you put LO with Bryant, and Marion, now you've got a threat...

You put Marion out there with only Fish with veteran experience and you can bet your last money that this Laker team is going to look possibly less formidable than what they did last year after being hurt...
How can anybody not see that?

That is why the Laker offered Kwame "good looking hair" Brown, and Vlad 'snowboarding Radmonovich to the Suns, because that is a deal that makes the Lakers stronger...


No, Shoes, they offered Kwame and Vlad because that would be an absolutely lopsided trade, and the Suns would be complete morons for taking it. The Lakers seem to be unwilling to make any trade unless they completely screw the other team over.

Let me say it again...

KWAME + VLAD FOR MARION DOES NOT MAKE SENSE FOR THE SUNS. THE LAKERS WOULD LOVE IT, BUT THE SUNS WOULD NEVER MAKE SUCH A TRADE.

ODOM FOR MARION IS A PRETTY EVEN TRADE. The Lakers get durability, and potentially a better mix (since Odom really has not mixed well with Kobe, whether you are willing to admit it or not), while the Suns get a cheaper player that isn't as disgruntled as Marion. I think you guys really underestimate the fact that Marion plays 80+ games EVERY year, while Odom is often in the 60s.
_________________
Jeffs

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious


LO did fine with the young Heat. They were just a bigman short or they most likely would have went further.
Larry Brown called Lamar Odom one of his best when he was on the international team so, your complete disregard for this players basketball prowess is a joke...

42-40? Wasnt that fades coming out party? Wasnt that why we demanded caron. So you are going to point to one year, a 42-40 record. Brown? Olympics doesnt equal NBA. thanks for making my point.


Well, this is kind of stupid isn't it? I just said when LO is surrounded by talent he is tough. You in turn want to talk about lazy boy Brown as being a talent?

Exactly what point are you confused about?

You're right again Olypic talent doesn't equal NBA talent, it does however justify my remark...

Here is a question for you. This team thus far has pretty much been just Kobe with Lamar trying to get as much as possible out of the rest while contributing as much as possible on his own...

How well do you think just Kobe, and Marion would have gotten done?
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12451

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious


LO did fine with the young Heat. They were just a bigman short or they most likely would have went further.
Larry Brown called Lamar Odom one of his best when he was on the international team so, your complete disregard for this players basketball prowess is a joke...

42-40? Wasnt that fades coming out party? Wasnt that why we demanded caron. So you are going to point to one year, a 42-40 record. Brown? Olympics doesnt equal NBA. thanks for making my point.

BTW- Out of that 3some
Wade has become a stud all-star
Caron all-star
LO? still carrying his label of inconsistent


Ouch But i like LO just not for our second option.
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious


LO did fine with the young Heat. They were just a bigman short or they most likely would have went further.
Larry Brown called Lamar Odom one of his best when he was on the international team so, your complete disregard for this players basketball prowess is a joke...

42-40? Wasnt that fades coming out party? Wasnt that why we demanded caron. So you are going to point to one year, a 42-40 record. Brown? Olympics doesnt equal NBA. thanks for making my point.


Well, this is kind of stupid isn't it? I just said when LO is surrounded by talent he is tough. You in turn want to talk about lazy boy Brown as being a talent?

Exactly what point are you confused about?

You're right again Olypic talent doesn't equal NBA talent, it does however justify my remark...

Here is a question for you. This team thus far has pretty much been just Kobe with Lamar trying to get as much as possible out of the rest while contributing as much as possible on his own...

How well do you think just Kobe, and Marion would have gotten done?

I hate kwame. If i said othewise i am an idiot.
Kobe/marion. Seeing that marion doesnt miss games we would have had a better record= better position so the suns can wait for us in a later round. plus marion is a DPOY candidate so that would have taken even more pressure off of kobe. plus his ability to move w/out the ball allows kobe freedom there. Hes a better player and a better fit which would make us a better team
_________________

The lakers will get prince.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SCAR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 901
Location: Salida, California

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Is this the immortal thread that just won't die?
_________________
"Rebounding and defense is what's going to help us win." Pjax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ODOM FOR MARION IS A PRETTY EVEN TRADE. The Lakers get durability, and potentially a better mix (since Odom really has not mixed well with Kobe, whether you are willing to admit it or not), while the Suns get a cheaper player that isn't as disgruntled as Marion. I think you guys really underestimate the fact that Marion plays 80+ games EVERY year, while Odom is often in the 60s.


To start with that is exactly why it is a useless trade,and step back waiting for Marion to catch up....

Next, whether Im willing to believe that, or not is nothing more than an opinion. Bryant has praised Odom by his side so I'll take his word over yours Jeff without hesitation...

That promise of durability that you're giving Marion could vanish within a single play... It's not a promise. Odom could go the whole season without an injury just as easily as Marion could go down in a heap.. These things have no sure way of being guaranteed...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Quote:
ODOM FOR MARION IS A PRETTY EVEN TRADE. The Lakers get durability, and potentially a better mix (since Odom really has not mixed well with Kobe, whether you are willing to admit it or not), while the Suns get a cheaper player that isn't as disgruntled as Marion. I think you guys really underestimate the fact that Marion plays 80+ games EVERY year, while Odom is often in the 60s.


To start with that is exactly why it is a useless trade,and step back waiting for Marion to catch up....

Next, whether Im willing to believe that, or not is nothing more than an opinion. Bryant has praised Odom by his side so I'll take his word over yours Jeff without hesitation...

That promise of durability that you're giving Marion could vanish within a single play... It's not a promise. Odom could go the whole season without an injury just as easily as Marion could go down in a heap.. These things have no sure way of being guaranteed...

we only have real life to go on. Not the shoes scripted reality show. LO is injury prone. Is not an all star. Is labeled with being inconsistent. Is an avg. at best defender

Marion is a warrior that doesnt get hurt. is an allstar. was a DPOY candidate. has a nickname.

Its never about "whos better". its about better fit. marion is a better fit. If Kobe told the truth he wouldnt be suiting up with the lakers, so going on what he says about LO is a mistake
_________________

The lakers will get prince.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious


LO did fine with the young Heat. They were just a bigman short or they most likely would have went further.
Larry Brown called Lamar Odom one of his best when he was on the international team so, your complete disregard for this players basketball prowess is a joke...

42-40? Wasnt that fades coming out party? Wasnt that why we demanded caron. So you are going to point to one year, a 42-40 record. Brown? Olympics doesnt equal NBA. thanks for making my point.


Well, this is kind of stupid isn't it? I just said when LO is surrounded by talent he is tough. You in turn want to talk about lazy boy Brown as being a talent?

Exactly what point are you confused about?

You're right again... Olypic talent doesn't equal NBA talent, it does however justify my remark...

Here is a question for you. This team thus far has pretty much been just Kobe with Lamar trying to get as much as possible out of the rest while contributing as much as possible on his own...

How well do you think just Kobe, and Marion would have gotten done?

I hate kwame. If i said othewise i am an idiot.
Kobe/marion. Seeing that marion doesnt miss games we would have had a better record= better position so the suns can wait for us in a later round. plus marion is a DPOY candidate so that would have taken even more pressure off of kobe. plus his ability to move w/out the ball allows kobe freedom there. Hes a better player and a better fit which would make us a better team


It's a tired argument... This is why the Lakers weren't interested. Sure your boy does some things Lamar doesn't. At the same time your boy suffers in some categories Lamar doesn't... The Lakers went with the guy that has the most training... This year, only Total Impact players were in any gambles... Minimum impact especially that of a smaller player had little to no chance of happening in LA unless a team like the Suns was willing to get done in on...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Quote:
ODOM FOR MARION IS A PRETTY EVEN TRADE. The Lakers get durability, and potentially a better mix (since Odom really has not mixed well with Kobe, whether you are willing to admit it or not), while the Suns get a cheaper player that isn't as disgruntled as Marion. I think you guys really underestimate the fact that Marion plays 80+ games EVERY year, while Odom is often in the 60s.


To start with that is exactly why it is a useless trade,and step back waiting for Marion to catch up....

Next, whether Im willing to believe that, or not is nothing more than an opinion. Bryant has praised Odom by his side so I'll take his word over yours Jeff without hesitation...

That promise of durability that you're giving Marion could vanish within a single play... It's not a promise. Odom could go the whole season without an injury just as easily as Marion could go down in a heap.. These things have no sure way of being guaranteed...

we only have real life to go on. Not the shoes scripted reality show. LO is injury prone. Is not an all star. Is labeled with being inconsistent. Is an avg. at best defender

Marion is a warrior that doesnt get hurt. is an allstar. was a DPOY candidate. has a nickname.

Its never about "whos better". its about better fit. marion is a better fit. If Kobe told the truth he wouldnt be suiting up with the lakers, so going on what he says about LO is a mistake


Quote:
has a nickname.




Well hell! Lakers made a mistake!!! My bad!

Quote:
If Kobe told the truth he wouldnt be suiting up with the lakers, so going on what he says about LO is a mistake


Now kobe is a lyer, and you are the voice of truth?



Please....
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."


Last edited by THE_SHOES on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:


LO can work when he has talent to work with bigtime, and that has been proven.

...

when? i am serious


LO did fine with the young Heat. They were just a bigman short or they most likely would have went further.
Larry Brown called Lamar Odom one of his best when he was on the international team so, your complete disregard for this players basketball prowess is a joke...

42-40? Wasnt that fades coming out party? Wasnt that why we demanded caron. So you are going to point to one year, a 42-40 record. Brown? Olympics doesnt equal NBA. thanks for making my point.


Well, this is kind of stupid isn't it? I just said when LO is surrounded by talent he is tough. You in turn want to talk about lazy boy Brown as being a talent?

Exactly what point are you confused about?

You're right again... Olypic talent doesn't equal NBA talent, it does however justify my remark...

Here is a question for you. This team thus far has pretty much been just Kobe with Lamar trying to get as much as possible out of the rest while contributing as much as possible on his own...

How well do you think just Kobe, and Marion would have gotten done?

I hate kwame. If i said othewise i am an idiot.
Kobe/marion. Seeing that marion doesnt miss games we would have had a better record= better position so the suns can wait for us in a later round. plus marion is a DPOY candidate so that would have taken even more pressure off of kobe. plus his ability to move w/out the ball allows kobe freedom there. Hes a better player and a better fit which would make us a better team


It's a tired argument... This is why the Lakers weren't interested. Sure your boy does some things Lamar doesn't. At the same time your boy suffers in some categories Lamar doesn't... The Lakers went with the guy that has the most training... This year, only Total Impact players were in any gambles... Minimum impact especially that of a smaller player had little to no chance of happening in LA unless a team like the Suns was willing to get done in on...

Right, because LO isnt desired around the league unless its to fill salary needs. i know we are stuck with him. Believe me. 2 more years.
_________________

The lakers will get prince.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Quote:
ODOM FOR MARION IS A PRETTY EVEN TRADE. The Lakers get durability, and potentially a better mix (since Odom really has not mixed well with Kobe, whether you are willing to admit it or not), while the Suns get a cheaper player that isn't as disgruntled as Marion. I think you guys really underestimate the fact that Marion plays 80+ games EVERY year, while Odom is often in the 60s.


To start with that is exactly why it is a useless trade,and step back waiting for Marion to catch up....

Next, whether Im willing to believe that, or not is nothing more than an opinion. Bryant has praised Odom by his side so I'll take his word over yours Jeff without hesitation...

That promise of durability that you're giving Marion could vanish within a single play... It's not a promise. Odom could go the whole season without an injury just as easily as Marion could go down in a heap.. These things have no sure way of being guaranteed...

we only have real life to go on. Not the shoes scripted reality show. LO is injury prone. Is not an all star. Is labeled with being inconsistent. Is an avg. at best defender

Marion is a warrior that doesnt get hurt. is an allstar. was a DPOY candidate. has a nickname.

Its never about "whos better". its about better fit. marion is a better fit. If Kobe told the truth he wouldnt be suiting up with the lakers, so going on what he says about LO is a mistake


Quote:
has a nickname.




Well hell! Lakers made a mistake!!! My bad!

Quote:
If Kobe told the truth he wouldnt be suiting up with the lakers, so going on what he says about LO is a mistake


Now kobe is a lyer, and you are the voice of truth?



Please....

i knew that would lighten the mood a bit.

In regards to Kobe. no he isnt a liar but if you are taking his words as the end all be all you have not been a lakers fan that long. he has said plenty that has been "taken out of context".
_________________

The lakers will get prince.


Last edited by hi_ma on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Think you can survive that?

Well, at least you an look forward to him beating up on your boy for another season... That has to be some consolation...

Also if LO is feeling good it could be really entertaining!
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 7952
Location: watching Kobe /Pau duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
if LO is feeling good

_________________

The lakers will get prince.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB