SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY, HINTS)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Realistic?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 46 ]
Maybe
31%
 31%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 104

Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY, HINTS)

Lakers trade Mihm, Cook, Atkins to New Orleans for Jamaal Magloire whose stock, after being offered for two draft picks to Toronto (!!!), is way down. (NO might also have to give us a future draft pick.) Magloire is Phil's "Impact Player", no it's not KG.

Lakers trade Butler and George to Wizards for Brown and Hayes in a sign n' trade. - Takes care of our PF issue.

Lakers will pick up Antonio Daniels for MLE. - Takes care of our PG issue.

Lakers will sign Tyronne Lue for LLE. - Solid, triangle-trained backup PG.

1. Daniels | Lue
2. Kobe | Vujacic | Wafer
3. Odom | Jones | Hayes
4. Brown | Grant | Turiaf | Slava
5. Magloire | Bynum | Divac

Update 7/12: RealGM is already reporting the Wizards trade. www.realgm.com

Update 7/13: Everyone reporting the trade now. Details: Butler, Vlade and a first round pick for Kwame Brown, who will most likely get a two year deal with the third year as a team option. Lakers also agreed on a two year deal with Luke Walton.

Update 7/14: Lakers trade SF Caron Butler (and Atkins or George) for Kwame Brown. Lakers DO NOT give up a future first round pick. I was 1/2 correct on this one. We gave away Chucky not George, and no Jarvis Hayes).

Update 7/15: Lionel the Laker suggests Chris Mihm will be next to be traded. So we will need a C replacement. As I have suggested above, that will be Jamaal Magloire. Phil Jackson has made this suggestion as well in his Santa Barbara interview. Lets see what happens.

Last edited by Cardom on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:56 am; edited 6 times in total
itstdt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject:

nice... i would like it to happen.... LLE for Lue? PJ wants Lue... but Smush Paker has been playing great in SPL.... i don't mind having Smush over Lue...
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject:

thats all fine and dandy,... but where is that "impact player" in that scenario?
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject:

Sonicc64 wrote:
thats all fine and dandy,... but where is that "impact player" in that scenario?
one good thing we remove chucky,but i would like to keep cook for his shooting.

Los Angeles Lakers
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject:

Jeez man, Butler for Kwame......

Sonicc64 wrote:

Magloire.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject:

KoOdBoEm wrote:
nice... i would like it to happen.... LLE for Lue? PJ wants Lue... but Smush Paker has been playing great in SPL.... i don't mind having Smush over Lue...
I'd still rather have Lue. Lue is demonstrated NBA talent, can hit 40% from three, plays good man D, and knows the triangle. Plus he has playoff and finals experience and was "born" a Laker.

Luuuuuueeeeee.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
nextphenom23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject:

Magloire is the impact player in our standards. But I heard the impact player played in the same coast as Shaq. I dont know if you can count Magloire as that.

The Spurs will never live up to the dynasty we created
lakerfaninJapan
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:

Would love to see it happen but I just can't see Mitch getting that "crazy" to pull off any of these deals.

Every morning I crack open to see what the heck has gone down and to see if there are any new rumors from Lakerland and nothing.

Just the pipe and that's about it. Come on Mitch pull the damn trigger already so we have something to praise or condem you for.

Turtle
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers trade for PJ Brown, Grant will get released...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:

I don't see the Washington trade happening. I have a feeling that Caron will be involved in the Magloire trade and so will PJ Brown.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject:

What happens to Kwame after Charlie Rosen does his first piece on him?
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:

magloire isn't available for this package.
the hornets will have better offers for him.
maybe if the heat pick is in there, it has a shot. maybe.
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject:

nextphenom23 wrote:
Magloire is the impact player in our standards. But I heard the impact player played in the same coast as Shaq. I dont know if you can count Magloire as that.

And maybe the person who said that simply forgot that the Hornets switched coasts
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:

lakerfaninJapan wrote:
Would love to see it happen but I just can't see Mitch getting that "crazy" to pull off any of these deals.

Every morning I crack open to see what the heck has gone down and to see if there are any new rumors from Lakerland and nothing.

Just the pipe and that's about it. Come on Mitch pull the damn trigger already so we have something to praise or condem you for.

Turtle

No triggers can be pulled by anyone until July 23. Everything being announced is just verbal agreements -- like Boozer re-signing with Cleveland.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

There ain't a "journalist" out there less worthy of a read than Charlie Rosen. Heck the guy can hardly form a sentance to begin with compared to legit writers, and then everything he writes is always on some hard slant just for the sake of trying to come across like he has some strong extreme opinion on whatever issue he's taking on. Lame.

Soda
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

There ain't a "journalist" out there less worthy of a read than Charlie Rosen. Heck the guy can hardly form a sentance to begin with compared to legit writers, and then everything he writes is always on some hard slant just for the sake of trying to come across like he has some strong extreme opinion on whatever issue he's taking on. Lame.

Soda
_LAKESHOW_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY HINTS)

cardom wrote:
Lakers trade Mihm, Cook, Atkins to New Orleans for Jamaal Magloire whose stock, after being offered for two draft picks to Toronto (!!!), is way down. (NO might also have to give us a future draft pick.) Magloire is Phil's "Impact Player", no it's not KG.

Lakers trade Butler and George to Wizards for Brown and Hayes in a sign n' trade. - Takes care of our PF issue.

1. Daniels | Lue
3. Odom | Jones | Hayes

i like the compilation of info. more like a summary of stuff said and/or printed. i like the strengths down low. but more importantly, i think this is a team that jax can put together in the pot, stir it up, and create a contender.
KOBE in this scenario, is gonna have to carry the load of minutes. with vujachic and a rookie as backups, he will be called upon to put alot on his back, but thats okay. hes in his prime, and no one said it was gonna be easy to get his bling.
magloire, grant, slava are the bigmen that i know have a semblance of a shot or can shoot from the perimeter. havent seen enough of brown, turiaf or bynum to tell. but as we all know, whether the bulls tri, or the LAKER version tri, jax likes his shooting bigmen.
up top, KOBE and daniels should be a formidable presence defensively. for those small quicker guards, like tony parker, or nash etc. we break out lue.
anyways . . . props for the compilation of info. dont know if all will happen, but mitch needs to at least get part of it done.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject:

I wish that could happen. Defense at the 1 spot, mismatch in our favor at the 3 and Hayes (a very good physical defender) off the bench. Youth and size at both the 4 and 5.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject:

Right.

And why would New Orleans trade a former all-star for a good backup center and two players worth NOTHING?
UGALaker8
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Hayes

Hayes is better than 3rd string. The kid can straight out ball. I definately think he would be a GREAT backup for Kobe and Odom when they are on the bench. If Jarvis Hayes is included in the Caron for Kwame trade then I would definately take it. But maybe I'm being a little UGA bias. Either way if our team works out like that then I would be happy and could see that team competing. There is no way that team doesn't make the playoffs.
brock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGNS INDICATE FOLLOWING SCENARIO WILL HAPPEN (PHIL, VECSAY HINTS)

cardom wrote:

1. Daniels | Lue
3. Odom | Jones | Hayes

New Orleans is asking for a LOT for Magloire right now. They might come down if they don't get any takers, but after the PR hit that followed the Baron Davis trade, they're not about to give up Magloire for nothing.

Vujajic is awful. He shouldn't even be on the active roster, and he certainly isn't worthy of being Kobe's backup.

If the Lakers trade Butler, it won't be for Kwame Brown.
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject:

All we can do is wait and see what is available and who will deal with us!
phlooidphil773
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject:

yeah..

NO will not trade us Magloire for Mihm Cook Atkins and the pick. that will get us Pj Brown. any deal for Mags will have to have Butler going to NO, which is what I personally think is the most likely deal to happen involving the "power player" that everybodys talkin bout. and jarvis hayes is 10 times better than sasha and should not be behind him. hed be a GREAT sixth man, but i really dont think Washington is trading him especially cuz if they cant get a another sg, then theyl start hayes.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject:

Butler Trade is all over REALGM, I guess I was correct on that one.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

New Orleans is on Shaq's coast, the South Coast.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: