would you draft this PG - 6'4", 190 lbs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: would you draft this PG - 6'4", 190 lbs

here is espn's draft profile...

william smith

Notes: william Smith is a true point guard, but also proved he could score at the Division I level in just his first season at La Salle by netting 20 or more points in eight games and leading the Explorers in scoring (16.5 ppg). Smith was named to the Atlantic Ten's second team as a sophomore.
Smith is a gifted ball-handler. He scored in double figures in 24 of 28 games at La Salle, but also was sixth in the A-10 with 125 assists and third in the conference with 2.3 steals a game. Smith arrived at La Salle after transferring from Southern Iowa College.

Positives: There is a buzz on Smith that is unlike a number of other unheralded players. Smith has a rep out of high school and was able to be one of the top scorers at La Salle. But he didn't do enough with the Explorers to generate a definite first-round pick. He needs to prove he's a consistent scorer who can play either guard spot.

Negatives: If he couldn't dominate in the Atlantic 10, then can Smith be a contributor in the NBA? That's the question NBA scouts are wondering. He could have really helped himself by returning to La Salle and he has left open the possibility by not signing with an agent.

Summary: It would be a reach for him to get into the first round. Smith is more of a second-round pick, but might not even go through with the whole process if he can't play in Chicago. Enforcing the rule that would mean sitting games next season for playing in the pre-draft camp could force him to make a decision earlier than expected.

Strengths: Excellent outside shooter. Very good passer and ball handler. Has excellent potential due to his size and athleticism.

Weaknesses: Ability to run a team is still a question mark. Has point guard instincts and mentality, but still very raw and will have to be taken with the idea that he will be given time to develop.

btw, in case you hadn't figured out william smith = smush parker.

funny how "misleading" draft profiles are..arent they?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject:

didnt he go to fordham?
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
didnt he go to fordham?

SMUUUUUUUUSSH AGAIN??
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

yeah i changed the profile slightly so peole would read it "unbiased"
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
yeah i changed the profile slightly so peole would read it "unbiased"

i see what you did
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: would you draft this PG - 6'4", 190 lbs

nomoreshaq wrote:

william smith

Notes: william Smith is a true point guard, but also proved he could score at the Division I level in just his first season at La Salle by netting 20 or more points in eight games and leading the Explorers in scoring (16.5 ppg). Smith was named to the Atlantic Ten's second team as a sophomore.
Smith is a gifted ball-handler. He scored in double figures in 24 of 28 games at La Salle, but also was sixth in the A-10 with 125 assists and third in the conference with 2.3 steals a game. Smith arrived at La Salle after transferring from Southern Iowa College.

Positives: There is a buzz on Smith that is unlike a number of other unheralded players. Smith has a rep out of high school and was able to be one of the top scorers at La Salle. But he didn't do enough with the Explorers to generate a definite first-round pick. He needs to prove he's a consistent scorer who can play either guard spot.

Negatives: If he couldn't dominate in the Atlantic 10, then can Smith be a contributor in the NBA? That's the question NBA scouts are wondering. He could have really helped himself by returning to La Salle and he has left open the possibility by not signing with an agent.

Summary: It would be a reach for him to get into the first round. Smith is more of a second-round pick, but might not even go through with the whole process if he can't play in Chicago. Enforcing the rule that would mean sitting games next season for playing in the pre-draft camp could force him to make a decision earlier than expected.

Strengths: Excellent outside shooter. Very good passer and ball handler. Has excellent potential due to his size and athleticism.

Weaknesses: Ability to run a team is still a question mark. Has point guard instincts and mentality, but still very raw and will have to be taken with the idea that he will be given time to develop.

Seems Accurate. His 3 point shooting is equal to ray Allen this year.

I want to do one.

Charlie Brown.

Originally intended to accept a scholarship offer from the University of Florida before changing his mind and opting for the NBA Draft.

As a high school senior at Glynn Academy, averaged 20.1 points, 13.3 rebounds, 5.8 blocked shots, three assists and two steals.
Helped his team to a 24-8 record.

He played a lot of this season on bad ankles, but he really worked on his offensive game and started shooting the jump shot facing the basket very well," said Glynn Academy coach Dan Moore. "He didn't block as many shots as we thought, solely because people wouldn't come in there. They knew better."

As a junior, averaged 15.5 points, 11.6 rebounds, 6.1 blocked shots and 3.5 assists. Helped team to a 28-2 record.

At the McDonald's All-America Game, scored 17 points, grabbed seven rebounds and blocked a game-high five shots, including a turnaround jumper in the lane by Eddy Curry

Quote:
Strengths: Like Garnett, KB has freakish athleticism. Already bulkier than Garnett and could turn into more of a Webber type post player. Very graceful running the floor. Tremendous leaping aility. Passes and handles extraordinarily well for a 6-11 player. May still be growing. Touch on shots is excellent, and should only improve. Post game is solid. Very good shot blocker.

AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject:

^^^Change his name completely then...keeping him named William won't fool many.

Anyways, I read that profile and being that I have read many draft profiles, sounds like a typical second rounder, but at most a late first rounder.

Besides, drafting is such an inexact science...its hard to tell who will end up what. All you can go by is now.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Showbe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:

No I'll draft kruger from UNLV steve nash/Kirk Hinrich style, he is a floor general and has an excellent shot can pull up at any time and drill it. Perfect fit for the tri
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject:

My fav player of the tourney is Kramer of Purdue...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: would you draft this PG - 6'4", 190 lbs

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

william smith

Seems Accurate. His 3 point shooting is equal to ray Allen this year.

I want to do one.

Charlie Brown.

Originally intended to accept a scholarship offer from the University of Florida before changing his mind and opting for the NBA Draft.

As a high school senior at Glynn Academy, averaged 20.1 points, 13.3 rebounds, 5.8 blocked shots, three assists and two steals.
Helped his team to a 24-8 record.

He played a lot of this season on bad ankles, but he really worked on his offensive game and started shooting the jump shot facing the basket very well," said Glynn Academy coach Dan Moore. "He didn't block as many shots as we thought, solely because people wouldn't come in there. They knew better."

As a junior, averaged 15.5 points, 11.6 rebounds, 6.1 blocked shots and 3.5 assists. Helped team to a 28-2 record.

At the McDonald's All-America Game, scored 17 points, grabbed seven rebounds and blocked a game-high five shots, including a turnaround jumper in the lane by Eddy Curry

Quote:
Strengths: Like Garnett, KB has freakish athleticism. Already bulkier than Garnett and could turn into more of a Webber type post player. Very graceful running the floor. Tremendous leaping aility. Passes and handles extraordinarily well for a 6-11 player. May still be growing. Touch on shots is excellent, and should only improve. Post game is solid. Very good shot blocker.

Man if Kwame only he had a brain and jordan didnt crush his confidence
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Showbe24 wrote:
No I'll draft kruger from UNLV steve nash/Kirk Hinrich style, he is a floor general and has an excellent shot can pull up at any time and drill it. Perfect fit for the tri

I live in LV and all my cousin does is brag about how good he is. He looked pretty impressive in the games I've watched. He did look like nash with his nice passes and nice 3 point shooting.

With that said, I doubt he would be any better than Farmar or Dickau if he does make it to the NBA. Kruger is 3 and 1/2 years older than Farmar, yet Farmar looks like a much better defender.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: