Cricket World Cup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Cricket World Cup

I don't know if anyone watches Cricket, but if you guys do...how do you guys watch it in the US?

Any cricket fan here? I know some Canadians who are cricket fans...but here in Orange County, CA I don't know many cricket fans.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject:

You probably need satellite tv to watch it here, I'm not sure though. It doesn't come on any basic cable channels. I've seen a league play in some parks around where I live, but it's like once in a blue moon.

Anyway, can't really say I'm a fan. I don't know much about the game though, so maybe I would like it if I made an effort to learn it. My dad played back in his college days. He was the captain of his team. From what he and his friends tell me, he was one of the top players around there. He was the guy that pitched the ball (forgot what that position is called). He said he'd practice by placing coins on the ground in different spots, and try to hit them.

I think I'll just stick with basketball now that I think about it.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
You probably need satellite tv to watch it here, I'm not sure though. It doesn't come on any basic cable channels. I've seen a league play in some parks around where I live, but it's like once in a blue moon.

Anyway, can't really say I'm a fan. I don't know much about the game though, so maybe I would like it if I made an effort to learn it. My dad played back in his college days. He was the captain of his team. From what he and his friends tell me, he was one of the top players around there. He was the guy that pitched the ball (forgot what that position is called). He said he'd practice by placing coins on the ground in different spots, and try to hit them.

I think I'll just stick with basketball now that I think about it.

The pitcher in cricket is called a bowler. Not sure if thats the spelling of it correctly but its prounced that way. Object is too throw the ball past the batter too break the wickets (the 3 sticks behind the batter) or get him too hit it and pop it up long enough for one of the fielders too catch it. Or the batter can hit the ball and while attempting too score runs, by running back and forth between the bowlers stump and his wickets, he can them be thrown out if the fielder can make a throw too break the wickets before he reachs back.

*Not a fan of it at all if your wondering, ive watched maybe 1 game in my life, extermely boring too me.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject:

I am not really a fan either (well maybe just a little bit), but my dad is...so I am just trying to help him out if I can.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
I am not really a fan either (well maybe just a little bit), but my dad is...so I am just trying to help him out if I can.

About getting it, my dad has the setup. He gets it over dish network.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Flight#24 wrote:

Really? Is he getting a sports package? Or is watching it in like ESPN or something? And how much is he paying per month if he is getting a certain sports package?

Thanks.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject:

dont' cricket games last for days?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Flight#24 wrote:

Really? Is he getting a sports package? Or is watching it in like ESPN or something? And how much is he paying per month if he is getting a certain sports package?

Thanks.

On dish network u can get it, Im really not sure how gets, it jus comes on one of the channels. But i believe its like pay perview , you have too pay too watch a test match or event. Like for the worldcup their is probably a package u purchase and u get the game or certain games. I dont think they have anything like nba league pass. They will sell u a certain match,because in cricket like someone said above, the events last days. And price, it varies its not cheap for what your getting compared too the packages say others sports would get you.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject:

The official World Cup package (all inclusive) is $200 and you can watch it either on TV (Dish Network) or online at http://www.willow.tv

I'm a big cricket fan, but that's a little too expensive, if you ask me.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject:

"cricket?nobody undastands cricket. you gotta know what a crumpet is to undastand cricket!"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject:

other than the lakers....my dad loves cricket, tennis, soccer, khubadee and WWE.....

The only time I played cricket is when i was in India this past 2 monthes with my cousins and his friends
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject:

My family plays cricket but I have always been about football(soccer) My little cousin gave me a three week long shiner from a cricket bat when we played last summer. He swung without looking and nailed me in the eye
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
dont' cricket games last for days?

test match cricket is played over 5 days (but can be won quicker than that)
the world cup is played with one day cricket (which is limited overs [balls])
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: