Serena Williams wins Australian Open
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Serena Williams wins Australian Open

I am not posting here because I am excited about Serena's victory (though she becomes one of two women to win the Australian Open as an unseeded contestant), although I always did like her game (much better than Venus).

No, I post because I am feeling like Serena could seriously kick my ass. Take a look here:

Serena Williams

Damn, that is some muscle definition! I am jealous!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject:

To paraphrase the Chuckster, "Serena Williams beat Sharapova like a drum!"

That beatdown was on par with Federer's thrashing of Roddick a couple nights ago. Just plain brutal.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Now we can move on to the men's final and the most dominant athlete in the world right now, Roger Federer.

I cannot believe this guy isn't getting recognized more for doing what he's doing. He's having a career that is on par with Wayne Gretzky or Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods, if not better, and nobody on your block knows his name.
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Maria Sharapova can whoop my ass anytime she wants.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject:

serena won the Aussie open? What?!? He beat Federer?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I cannot believe this guy isn't getting recognized more for doing what he's doing. He's having a career that is on par with Wayne Gretzky or Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods, if not better, and nobody on your block knows his name.

Those reasons are:

1 - He's not American.

2 - He's not charismatic or engaging, he's quite boring actually. The same knock that was on Sampras.

3 - He doesn't have a rival like McEnroe-Connors...Sampras-Agassi to make it dramatic enough for people to take notice. His overall comp is pretty average.

4 - The Men's game plays second fiddle to the Woman's game in terms of popularity.

If Roddick decides to man-up and become a consistent rival to Rog, then you'd see more interest in the men's game and in Federer.

But kudos to Serena for shaking those haters off and owning the Aussie once again.
NappyFox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject:

chef wrote:
serena won the Aussie open? What?!? He beat Federer?

No IT beat Federer.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Serena Williams wins Australian Open

encina1 wrote:

Serena Williams

WHOA!!!
wtf !!!!!!!!!!!
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
Now we can move on to the men's final and the most dominant athlete in the world right now, Roger Federer.

It's tennis. Right up there with curling and lumberjack competitions.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:

yet sports illustrated gave dwyane wade the title of sportsman of the year.

boggles the mind doesn't it?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
unggoy wrote:

Yea.. it should of went to Tiger!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject:

Oh that's 999's kind of women isn't it. Everybody remembers that thread and you all know it.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Serena Williams wins Australian Open

encina1 wrote:
I am not posting here because I am excited about Serena's victory (though she becomes one of two women to win the Australian Open as an unseeded contestant), although I always did like her game (much better than Venus).

No, I post because I am feeling like Serena could seriously kick my ass. Take a look here:

Serena Williams

I agree that she's toned, but that is just a flap of skin on her outer arm that is making her look like The Hulk. It's not a bulging muscle. You can actually find pictures of a lot of women tennis players in that same pose with their triceps flapping around like that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ID defenitely hit serena till my schlong falls off.... I thought i made a thread on this a long time ago?..... oh well

she got a big donkey behind her....
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Serena Williams wins Australian Open

Ziggy wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Serena Williams

I agree that she's toned, but that is just a flap of skin on her outer arm that is making her look like The Hulk. It's not a bulging muscle. You can actually find pictures of a lot of women tennis players in that same pose with their triceps flapping around like that.

Yeah, I know it was just her tricep swinging around, but the angle of the picture makes her arm look HUGE! And you can tell because her other arms is not as big.

And Lakers999, yes, I know you started a thread on Williams before, but I thought it was Venus Williams you were posting about, not Serena. I tried looking for that thread but I couldn't find it. Else I would have posted this on there.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject:

LALakers999 wrote:
ID defenitely hit serena till my schlong falls off.... I thought i made a thread on this a long time ago?..... oh well

she got a big donkey behind her....

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject:

aw i forgot to watch this
i was hoping serena would bagel sharapova so hard it snaps her neck but i guess this victory is also acceptable
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject:

Serena has just been away for a while. She's back now!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject:

Federer might go down as the most dominant athlete ever. I have never seen one player dominate his sport this way. No, not even Tiger Woods or MJ.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, Federer beat the Chilean Gonzales. If I had realized a Chilean was in the Australian Open finals, I would have stayed up to watch it or gotten up early.

CHI-CHI-CHI LE LE LE! CHILE!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Federer might go down as the most dominant athlete ever. I have never seen one player dominate his sport this way. No, not even Tiger Woods or MJ.

I see what you're saying but the only knock is that he didn't have a Larry to his Magic, ya feel me? He's dominating solid-to-good players but he lacks that one major superstar rival that would truly make him the MDE.

I would love to see him come up during the 90s, THAT'S where we would truly see where this dude's true dominance is at.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject:

[quote="LuxuryBrown"]
Quote:

2 - He's not charismatic or engaging, he's quite boring actually. The same knock that was on Sampras.

/[quote]

And this folks is the TRUE reason why Federer isn't that famous in comparison to the others. Yes he's talented but... yeah that's pretty much it.

Look at Beckham the total opposite of Federer in every way but he gets way more attention.

And I really don't think Federer really is all that upset about it either.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
unggoy wrote:

Its a blessing in disguise for Federer. Everyone knows being on the cover of SI is a curse, look at Wade now... I rest my case.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
unggoy wrote:

Its a blessing in disguise for Federer. Everyone knows being on the cover of SI is a curse, look at Wade now... I rest my case.

What's wrong with Wade?
Showtimeismagic
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Worst beating of Sharapova's career

She just dominated
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: