The Ultimate Battle of the Bands: Who is the worst band of all time, Nickleback or Creed?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: The Ultimate Battle of the Bands: Who is the worst band of all time, Nickleback or Creed?

Seriously. We have been having this debate at school for the last year or so and its always at a stalemate. So where do I go for the answer to this grueling question?

That's right: LG!

Who is the worst band of all time, Nickleback or Creed? or some other band?
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Nickleback does nothing for me
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject:

Nickelback.

But then again with arms wide open!!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject:

somewhere out there...there is a genius who discovered something amazing about nickelback.

they played two of their biggest hits...one on top of the other...to expose how all their songs are EXACTLY the same. i mean, timing, key, style...everything.

behold: Nickelback Songs Are All The Same

^^works best with headphones.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject:

Oh man, I dunno. Check this out though. Some genius edited two Nickelback songs together and they are EXACTLY the same. Same song length, same structure, same breakdown, same ending. Its totally ridiculous.

Here is Scott Stapp's horrible horrible rendition of God Bless America. And here he is making a total ass out of himself on TV.

I think I hate Creed more than Nickelback but its pretty close.

Edit: Oh man. Ocho totally beat me on that one.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject:

I hate all these jackasses who don't use their normal singing voices e.g, Scott Stapp, Hootie, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, etc.

They all have that same fake voice that they put on. I don't know who they're imitating exactly, but it's annoying as hell.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
somewhere out there...there is a genius who discovered something amazing about nickelback.

they played two of their biggest hits...one on top of the other...to expose how all their songs are EXACTLY the same. i mean, timing, key, style...everything.

behold: [url=http://www.(bleep).net/nickelback.htm]Nickelback Songs Are All The Same[/url]

WOW!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject:

can i pick both?
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
I hate all these jackasses who don't use their normal singing voices e.g, Scott Stapp, Hootie, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, etc.

They all have that same fake voice that they put on. I don't know who they're imitating exactly, but it's annoying as hell.

Pretty sure Vedder and Weiland use their normal voices. If you've ever heard Eddie talk, his voice is pretty darn deep. Both he and Weiland have pretty versatile voices and large ranges. Not to mention that their two bands are much, much better than Creed or Hootie. I dunno about Hootie (what his name, Darius Rucker?) but Scott Stapp uses a fake voice and sounds horrible using it.
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

behold: [url=http://www.(bleep).net/nickelback.htm]Nickelback Songs Are All The Same[/url]

I saw the same phenomenum with Lincoln Park, they played the 3 or 4 hits off their 1st album and it was silly, hardley any destructive interference (musically)

As for worst band, I'm gonna have to say Good Charlotte. ugh. shameless hacks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject:

Creed, Nickelback, B-52s, all of these are awful. The saddest thing was seeing Mike Piazza and Johnny Damon rocking with Creed at an MLB All-Star game a few years back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

gotta disagree w/ Weiland. I think he has a lot of range and does not use that deep voice in every song. for example "sour girl"
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

gotta disagree w/ Weiland. I think he has a lot of range and does not use that deep voice in every song. for example "sour girl"
Sour Girl.. good song,.. love the acoustic version....
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Pretty sure Vedder and Weiland use their normal voices. If you've ever heard Eddie talk, his voice is pretty darn deep. Both he and Weiland have pretty versatile voices and large ranges. Not to mention that their two bands are much, much better than Creed or Hootie. I dunno about Hootie (what his name, Darius Rucker?) but Scott Stapp uses a fake voice and sounds horrible using it.
I don't know... Hootie sounded the same in those horrible 'Chicken Bacon Chedder Ranch' BK commercials.... He must of really need the money to sing about chicken while looking like a cowboy version of Liberace...
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Dorray wrote:
methdxman wrote:

I don't know... Hootie sounded the same in those horrible 'Chicken Bacon Chedder Ranch' BK commercials.... He must of really need the money to sing about chicken while looking like a cowboy version of Liberace...

whenever someone mentions the name "hootie" I think of that scene in Jerry Maguire where those kids confused Rod Tidwell for hootie.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject:

omg scott on that rendition= swamp ass!

hes one ugly mofo. reminds me of leno. got chin for days!
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

Money may not have been a factor considering Brooke Burke was on hand to swing above the giant burger in a bikini. I would have done the commercial free for that opportunity.

That said, while I loathe the Nicklebacks and Creeds of the world, no list of worst of all time would be complete without also including the Akons and Sisqos of the world. Same goes for Bowling for Soup. And Fergie and those idiots she runs around on stage with.

Now that I think about it, the list of 'worst of all-time' is far too long. There are plenty of people who made deals with Satan to get where they are, and I can assure you, the payback is going to suck. A lot. Have fun now Fergie - because things are going to turn pretty sour when you don't have your (questionable) looks anymore.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject:

creed rules...

Damon and Piazza were singing with Alter Bridge and not Creed..
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Throw in My Chemical Romance in that list as well.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Any boy band is worse than either of the original choices.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:

P.O.D. teh suck
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:

This question is like asking who was worse...Pol Pot or Idi Amin?

You would like to see both rot in hell. Just like Pot and Amin.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
TACH wrote:

Money may not have been a factor considering Brooke Burke was on hand to swing above the giant burger in a bikini. I would have done the commercial free for that opportunity..
He and his band were one of the big acts back in the day... I'm sure he's tagged a lot better than Brook Burke... I'm not saying she not hot, but he is/was a Rock Star... he needed the money...
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Creed and especially Nickelback are nowhere close to anything that could qualify as a "worst band". A genuine worst list would include:

1. Kevin Federline
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Every gangsta' rapper
4. 90% of the other rappers
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Creed is awful but Nickelback is even worse than that if there is such a thing. These examples are Wal Mart rock at it's worse. You sort of wish they had the same Pharmacist as Hendrix and Belushi or fly the same airline as Buddy Holly
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: