serious odom trade discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:

To the author of this thread davidse, during the summer of 2005 a thread like this came up on LG to trade Odom for Kirilenko & the majority of the of the posters were all for it then. I WAS AGAINST IT THEN & IM AGAINST IT NOW!
KobeWalksOnWater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I APPLAUD THIS FORUM FOR REACTING THE WAY IT HAS IN RESPONSE TO THE TITLE!

That gave me much more respect for the members of this community. I was afraid that if one idiot posts something as dumb as this topic, others would somehow agree. It's about time Lamar Odom gets the love he deserves for people to say "Lamar is a laker for life!" Thanks guys for making this win even sweeter. When Lamar comes back, let's make a serious run. Let's go all the way! DO IT MITCH

"Losing magnifies everything." -KobeButler
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject:

IMHO the Lakers wouldn't, and shouldn't even consider Odom for AK. I doubt they'd even trade Walton for AK - even if the salaries match. At this point, the way this team is gelling, I would be VERY surprised to see us make any kind of trade. Practically every guy in the playing rotation has taken a step or two forward these last ten games or so. Even Vujacic. IMO, the ONLY position we would really consider adding a player would be PG - and even then, only for guys like Dre Miller or Kidd (who makes too much to make it work). Actually, at 14 mil per, AK47 makes too much. Overpaid IMHO. So unles a J.O., or Dre Miller drops in our laps (ain't gonna likely happen), we are looking at our club, and that's not such a damm bad thing people.

I'm pumped about this group right now. And not just because of tonight's big win. We are growing some serious cajones as a team.

Jake Speed, 1986
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:
To the author of this thread davidse, during the summer of 2005 a thread like this came up on LG to trade Odom for Kirilenko & the majority of the of the posters were all for it then. I WAS AGAINST IT THEN & IM AGAINST IT NOW!

you were wrong then, and you're probably right now.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject:

KobeWalksOnWater wrote:

That gave me much more respect for the members of this community. I was afraid that if one idiot posts something as dumb as this topic, others would somehow agree. It's about time Lamar Odom gets the love he deserves for people to say "Lamar is a laker for life!" Thanks guys for making this win even sweeter. When Lamar comes back, let's make a serious run. Let's go all the way! DO IT MITCH

"the return of the 10 year olds"

that's ok. people of all ages are welcomed.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ A philosophical question...does it make you any less of a 10 year old by lowering yourself to the same level and degrading them by calling them immature 10 year olds?

There is a lot of kettle on this site and a lot of black....we're all in the same kitchen regardless.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Terry_Teagle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject:

It just does not feel right for the Lakers to trade a guy who up until he got injured was having a career year, fit perfectly into the offense, etc....for a guy that is having one of the worst years of his career.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject:

17.5 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 4.9 APG

That's like saying we should have traded Kobe after we started 3-0 without him and Kwame.

I can't wait for Odom and Kwame to get back.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject:

KobeWalksOnWater wrote:

Hehe, he reminds me of me... 8)
Mostwanted
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

This is why LG has this type of reputation.

You can GUARANTEE an insane thread after each game, win or loss.

And you yourself have been known to start of a couple of those threads.

But for the record: This thread is a joke.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
No.

"I concur sir".
-Marcy(replying to Peppermint Patty's assertion that Charlie Brown's sister Salley throws herself at Linus to hide her burgeoning lesbianism).
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
ocho wrote:
i don't think you get it.

yeah well, you also don't think the suns are the best team in the league right now...

no matter how good the suns are in the regular season, they never gonna win a championship OR get to the finals
Eagle2904
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject:

i stopped reading after "serious odom trade discussion".

you can't put the words "serious" and "odom trade discussion" in one sentence. that's like "lethargic" and "ronny turiaf" or "energetic" and "elden campbell".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject:

uh, no
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject:

KobeWalksOnWater wrote:

What do you expect from posters like the author of this thread?...a guy who really believes the BS he writes, this is ridiculous, how somebody in the right mind would trade Odom for that Utah reject?...this thread is garbage, honestly.
xdragon8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: serious odom trade discussion

davidse wrote:
first of all - make no mistake about it - odom has been huge for us, has played very well, and is a very valuable member of this team.

so why bring this up ?

two things have me intrigued -

1. we seem to be doing pretty well offensively without odom

2. ak47 is having a bad year and has his issues fitting in offensively with the jazz.

i think that right now odom's value even eclipses kirilenko's.

but thing is, if we're doing so well offensively, how would we do if we traded odom for kirilenko and a 1st rd pick (i think we should be compensated in such a swap).

the offense shouldn't be worse than it is right now - already running without lamar, the defense - our weak link, would be vastly improved, and we'll get another pick in a very strong draft.

kirilenko has already shown he can play very well - defend and rebound as a pf - actually made the all star team as a pf.

taking nothing away from what odom means to this team, isn't it a thought that's worth entertaining ?

jazz would be all over it i'm sure.

stop!...n no! we got a good team...!
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject:

Eagle2904 wrote:
i stopped reading after "serious odom trade discussion".

you can't put the words "serious" and "odom trade discussion" in one sentence. that's like "lethargic" and "ronny turiaf" or "energetic" and "elden campbell".

vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
are you kiidding? people wouldnt trade walton for AK.

Now you're going too far.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject:

And why would we trade a blossoming LO for a struggling AK-47?
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject:

some guys here need to take a step back from the keyboard and open the front door and let some sunlight shine on their bodies.....scary......

that is all....take it as you will
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject:

And you know what? davidse, my apologies dude really. As soon as I read the tittle of thread I seen (bleep) red...

I was wrong. Nobody should be afraid to start a discussion in here.

Laker fans, a word...

As the Lakers start there decent into the land of the elite we must all realize that we are family. Some of us just have a different way of going about appreciating our great franchise...

With that said davidse, I will try to understand what made you come to this, and post such a notion. Who knows, maybe you really do think that this would be a good idea...

However,hostility was uncalled for, and no matter how much the idea to me just sucks to high heaven there was no need to get upset...

davidse, again my apologies...

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject:

I want to keep Odom.
The Angry Buddhist
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: serious odom trade discussion

davidse wrote:
first of all - make no mistake about it - odom has been huge for us, has played very well, and is a very valuable member of this team.

so why bring this up ?

2. ak47 is having a bad year and has his issues fitting in offensively with the jazz.

but thing is, if we're doing so well offensively, how would we do if we traded odom for kirilenko and a 1st rd pick (i think we should be compensated in such a swap).

the offense shouldn't be worse than it is right now - already running without lamar, the defense - our weak link, would be vastly improved, and we'll get another pick in a very strong draft.

kirilenko has already shown he can play very well - defend and rebound as a pf - actually made the all star team as a pf.

taking nothing away from what odom means to this team, isn't it a thought that's worth entertaining ?

You said this was "serious."

No. It isn't.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: serious odom trade discussion

davidse wrote:

so why bring this up ?

:roll: I mean really!!!! Are you serious!!!!
TIM CAMPBELL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject:

Oh what a difference a year makes. LO haters now want to keep him. NO TRADE NO TRADE
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: